New Topic Respond to this Topic
SolusLunes
SolusLunes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to NG Music being stolen Mar. 6th, 2011 @ 06:42 PM Reply

At 3/6/11 02:16 AM, djInTheDark wrote: Sorry to over post but here's another couple.

http://soundcloud.com/cetacea/endless-sp ace-original-dnb-track
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 83682

Hey look! Now I'm involved in this by proxy.

Xyresic
Xyresic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to NG Music being stolen Mar. 6th, 2011 @ 06:49 PM Reply

At 3/6/11 06:41 PM, djInTheDark wrote: Yeah, I'm not sure that she necessarily has noticed yet, it seems more like the song was removed by the admins rather than her. Otherwise she probably would have gotten rid of more than just one.

Actually, I think it's more likely that it was just removed by her. All her songs have been flagged as copyright infringement, so if the admins had noticed all of them then im sure the account would have been terminated or something along those lines.

bork bork bork

xKore
xKore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to NG Music being stolen Mar. 6th, 2011 @ 07:13 PM Reply

saw her online a few minutes a go, no change. I've just noticed she's on premium aswell.

Xyresic
Xyresic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to NG Music being stolen Mar. 6th, 2011 @ 07:17 PM Reply

At 3/6/11 07:13 PM, xKore wrote: saw her online a few minutes a go, no change. I've just noticed she's on premium aswell.

I noticed a few pages back that someone mentioned they thought all her pics were of another artist. I'm seriously doubting this is even a chick anymore.

bork bork bork

xKore
xKore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to NG Music being stolen Mar. 6th, 2011 @ 07:23 PM Reply

At 3/6/11 07:17 PM, crapatflash wrote:
At 3/6/11 07:13 PM, xKore wrote: saw her online a few minutes a go, no change. I've just noticed she's on premium aswell.
I noticed a few pages back that someone mentioned they thought all her pics were of another artist. I'm seriously doubting this is even a chick anymore.

eh it doesnt really matter. i dont really care what he/she/it is. Saying 'she' is just easier.

Xyresic
Xyresic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to NG Music being stolen Mar. 6th, 2011 @ 07:30 PM Reply

At 3/6/11 07:23 PM, xKore wrote: eh it doesnt really matter. i dont really care what he/she/it is. Saying 'she' is just easier.

True. Any word back from SoundCloud? Seems like they would reply to you first if you had reported the songs, seeing as how the majority are yours.

bork bork bork

xKore
xKore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to NG Music being stolen Mar. 6th, 2011 @ 07:42 PM Reply

At 3/6/11 07:30 PM, crapatflash wrote:
At 3/6/11 07:23 PM, xKore wrote: eh it doesnt really matter. i dont really care what he/she/it is. Saying 'she' is just easier.
True. Any word back from SoundCloud? Seems like they would reply to you first if you had reported the songs, seeing as how the majority are yours.

no word yet. i'll leave it for another day. then I'll try the external cease and desist way.

Acid-Paradox
Acid-Paradox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to NG Music being stolen Mar. 6th, 2011 @ 07:50 PM Reply

How do you pronounce "'DJ Cetacea'"???

It's been over my head for too long...............

Fuck labels , you don't need them.

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to NG Music being stolen Mar. 6th, 2011 @ 07:50 PM Reply

At 3/6/11 06:40 PM, crapatflash wrote:
At 3/6/11 06:31 PM, DjCryogenetic wrote: So whats the status of this debacle now?
The "artist" in question has been cut from the label (Gruntworthy) that signed her, we're still awaiting feedback from SoundCloud. Not sure how many of her claims about getting sponsored by Beatport are actually true, but it will definitely need to be monitored.

You don't get "sponsored" by beatport. You get your music on to beatport by being with a label that has an affiliation with them. If you aren't with a legitimate label, it is literally impossible for you to get your music on to beatport. So there's no need to stress out about that ;D

paradimensional
paradimensional
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to NG Music being stolen Mar. 6th, 2011 @ 08:02 PM Reply

At 3/6/11 07:50 PM, Acid-Paradox wrote: How do you pronounce "'DJ Cetacea'"???

Seh-TAY-shee-uh?

FaeryTaleAdventurer
FaeryTaleAdventurer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to NG Music being stolen Mar. 6th, 2011 @ 08:18 PM Reply

At 3/6/11 07:50 PM, Acid-Paradox wrote: How do you pronounce "'DJ Cetacea'"???

It's been over my head for too long...............

Quoted from the SoundCloud profile: "...Cetacea (see-tay-shu)".

It also appears that someone else is also doing the "2DP thing" on her FaceBook, yet a bit more colorful.

GruntWorthy
GruntWorthy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to NG Music being stolen Mar. 6th, 2011 @ 08:47 PM Reply

At 3/6/11 02:02 AM, DLBeezy wrote: What I wanna know is, how they fuck did she get so many followers, and even play live, and nobody knew she stole music? Like, honestly? You can connect the fucking dots knowing every other song has a different style. God, ignorant fags. This is why we can't have nice things. *-cough cough- record label that signed her and didn't know she has been ripping music off the internet and claiming it as her own and has logic of that of a fucking rock -cough cough-*

There is absolutely no need for this... We have not proceeded with signing ANYTHING with Cetacea, and frankly we're interested in signing tracks from the artists WHO ACTUALLY MADE THEM. THAT MEANS SOME OF YOU! She directly contacted us and expressed interest in working with our label, she sent us material to listen to and some of it is REALY good, so yes, we were interested in signing it. If the original artists of these tracks had sent them to us themselves, we would be signing material for release. However, we are not interested in working with people who will cause drama and start name calling. You feel like you've been violated and had your work stolen, while I feel I've been conned and had my trust betrayed.
One thing is for sure, she has gotten all the stolen artists far more exposure than anyone of them had before.

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to NG Music being stolen Mar. 6th, 2011 @ 08:56 PM Reply

At 3/6/11 08:47 PM, GruntWorthy wrote: There is absolutely no need for this... We have not proceeded with signing ANYTHING with Cetacea, and frankly we're interested in signing tracks from the artists WHO ACTUALLY MADE THEM. THAT MEANS SOME OF YOU!

Thanks for your assistance with all of this mate, and don't take anything said in this thread too perosnally, there are a lot of children on this site.

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to NG Music being stolen Mar. 6th, 2011 @ 08:57 PM Reply

At 3/6/11 08:47 PM, GruntWorthy wrote: One thing is for sure, she has gotten all the stolen artists far more exposure than anyone of them had before.

This was one of my first thoughts. It could turn out to be beneficial for a lot of these artists.

Xyresic
Xyresic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to NG Music being stolen Mar. 6th, 2011 @ 09:10 PM Reply

At 3/6/11 08:47 PM, GruntWorthy wrote: There is absolutely no need for this...

I wouldn't take the rants too seriously, some people let their anger get the better of them. It's fantastic to see that some of the original artists might get some recognition for their work, and that your interested in signing some of them.

bork bork bork

Ekojo
Ekojo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to NG Music being stolen Mar. 6th, 2011 @ 09:16 PM Reply

I'm glad that you took notice GruntWorthy! Like those before me said don't take those rants by other users too seriously. They just wanted to do what they felt was right. I'm especially happy that some NG artists are finally getting some recognition!

Always links to my most recent track :D

BBS Signature
EricFreeman
EricFreeman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to NG Music being stolen Mar. 6th, 2011 @ 09:33 PM Reply

Well don't everybody suck up to the record label guy at once :P

Xyresic
Xyresic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to NG Music being stolen Mar. 6th, 2011 @ 09:40 PM Reply

At 3/6/11 09:33 PM, EricFreeman wrote: Well don't everybody suck up to the record label guy at once :P

Oh grow up...

bork bork bork

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to NG Music being stolen Mar. 6th, 2011 @ 09:42 PM Reply

I think it's alot worse when people who steal music attempt to benefit financially from it. It's also a lot more ballsy because as soon as money becomes involved, the power of the law can hurt you so much more. "She" is lucky she didn't start making money from the songs and THEN people found out, then that person could really get in trouble with that, possibly including jail time.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

joethesouleater
joethesouleater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to NG Music being stolen Mar. 6th, 2011 @ 09:47 PM Reply

At 3/6/11 09:42 PM, Envy wrote: I think it's alot worse when people who steal music attempt to benefit financially from it. It's also a lot more ballsy because as soon as money becomes involved, the power of the law can hurt you so much more. "She" is lucky she didn't start making money from the songs and THEN people found out, then that person could really get in trouble with that, possibly including jail time.

if she really has played live shows with the stolen music though wouldn't that be considered making a profit off of the stolen songs

BBS Signature
Xyresic
Xyresic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to NG Music being stolen Mar. 6th, 2011 @ 09:50 PM Reply

At 3/6/11 09:47 PM, joethesouleater wrote: if she really has played live shows with the stolen music though wouldn't that be considered making a profit off of the stolen songs

Everything about her playing "live" shows is all false, The avatar "she" is using on SoundCloud has been floating around the internet for a while. I doubt "she" would be able to walk on stage without the audience wondering why there is a guy standing at the decks.

bork bork bork

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to NG Music being stolen Mar. 6th, 2011 @ 09:52 PM Reply

At 3/6/11 09:47 PM, joethesouleater wrote: if she really has played live shows with the stolen music though wouldn't that be considered making a profit off of the stolen songs

Nope, not if she was merely spinning them in a set.

Gario
Gario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to NG Music being stolen Mar. 6th, 2011 @ 09:59 PM Reply

At 3/6/11 08:47 PM, GruntWorthy wrote:
One thing is for sure, she has gotten all the stolen artists far more exposure than anyone of them had before.

Ah, isn't that the truth. Just saw xkore with his 1000th favorite tag (congratulations on that, by the way), and I'd like to think that this thief had something to do with that. Considering everyone took prompt action when they found the stolen music, I think this will benefit the artists in the long run.

Not that I endorse what s/he did, at all - but it's nice to see the silver lining in the clouds from time to time.

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

TheTriangle
TheTriangle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to NG Music being stolen Mar. 6th, 2011 @ 10:05 PM Reply

This is pathetic. I think newgrounds should disable downloads. Seems like the only legitimate solution.

-------------------------------

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to NG Music being stolen Mar. 6th, 2011 @ 10:13 PM Reply

At 3/6/11 10:05 PM, TheTriangle wrote: This is pathetic. I think newgrounds should disable downloads. Seems like the only legitimate solution.

The whole point of the audio portal is so that flash artists can download the music to use in their animations. If downloads are to be disabled, you may as well remove the entire audio portal.

And besides, that won't stop anyone with half a brain from downloading a copy of audacity and ripping tunes the old school way.

Xyresic
Xyresic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to NG Music being stolen Mar. 6th, 2011 @ 10:15 PM Reply

At 3/6/11 10:05 PM, TheTriangle wrote: This is pathetic. I think newgrounds should disable downloads. Seems like the only legitimate solution.

That's a stupid idea. That just means people who legitimately enjoy artists' music won't be able to enjoy it on the.

On a side note, I've been reading Cetecea's Bio and cross checking some facts... pretty much everything stated in it is a lie. I'm amazed that someone could go to such enourmous lengths just to get a few followers on Soundcloud...

bork bork bork

Xyresic
Xyresic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to NG Music being stolen Mar. 6th, 2011 @ 10:20 PM Reply

At 3/6/11 10:19 PM, Hex-a-is-gone wrote: Come chat if you hate Cetacea!
http://www.xat.com/chat/room/135311673/

Go advertise your empty chat room somewhere else.

bork bork bork

Rig
Rig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to NG Music being stolen Mar. 6th, 2011 @ 10:25 PM Reply

Well, darn. Glad to see that the right people are taking a hard look at "her."

Congrats on all the exposure, xKore.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature
Laqur
Laqur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to NG Music being stolen Mar. 6th, 2011 @ 10:30 PM Reply

At 3/6/11 10:25 PM, Rig wrote: Well, darn. Glad to see that the right people are taking a hard look at "her."

Congrats on all the exposure, xKore.

Hey hey, why is everyone so skeptical about her gender? I don't get it at all...

DUMB STEP :D :D

Zerok
Zerok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Writer
Response to NG Music being stolen Mar. 6th, 2011 @ 10:35 PM Reply

At 3/6/11 10:30 PM, Laqur wrote: Hey hey, why is everyone so skeptical about her gender? I don't get it at all...

There's a theory that it's a made up person, due to the obviously fraudulent activities and bogus (likely) bio.

Zerok blog: PM me if you like music | My (retired) webcomic: Pizza For Guys