EricFreeman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-05 14:11:28 Reply

At 3/5/11 01:42 PM, SineRider wrote: why does no one steal my music :(

Haha, I'm with you. :P

However, this is pretty ridiculous. I'm gonna help out reporting those songs as well.

loansindi
loansindi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-05 14:12:47 Reply

http://www.starvingartistslaw.com/help/v olunteer%20lawyers.htm

just because i don't want this to get buried. This is a list of lawyers who will help artists for free.

pokerockmario
pokerockmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-05 14:15:02 Reply

SPAMMING HER STOLEN SHIT RIGHT NOW WITH You stole this from Newgrounds.com/audio MESSAGES B)

InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-05 14:16:46 Reply

I like how the listeners are like "She posts 5 new tracks a day? Yea that's reasonable, lets not question."

BBS Signature
Richard
Richard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-05 14:20:48 Reply

This is BULLSHIT!

You guys fucking slave to produce awesome audio and for what? Pats on the back, credits in flash movies, and not much else.

I've flagged this artist and reported copyright abuse.

joethesouleater
joethesouleater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-05 14:37:39 Reply

i too have reported this bullshit and left comments warning people that the music they think is original was stolen from the good people of this site

BBS Signature
NickPerrin
NickPerrin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-05 14:48:59 Reply

I did my part to report copyright infringement and to write some scathing comments.

Hope this can all be solved and she gets more than just a slap on the wrist.

She's been in music mags so we want to make sure word gets out that she stole music. In my opinion in the music industry if you make fame off the act of stealing other's work, you don't deserve a second chance as a musician no matter how much of a dream it is for you. If you steal other's music and think it's okay, you should never have been a "musician".

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-05 14:49:09 Reply

lol she answered this on a comment:

"@[73ETA M4X]: lol mixtape = mix recorded on live. you know, I mix only, I don't create tracks so I do respect people like you, who has search a great talent "

lol and this one she responded too

"with me being on labels ive learned without copyright teh wrong peeps will steal ur shit."

God i wanna punch the shit outta people like that shes gotten so much effin publicity too.

xKore
xKore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-05 14:56:23 Reply

At 3/5/11 02:49 PM, jpbear wrote: "with me being on labels ive learned without copyright teh wrong peeps will steal ur shit."

God i wanna punch the shit outta people like that shes gotten so much effin publicity too.

I guess she's blissfully unaware that artists hold copyright over their works as soon as they are made.

xKore
xKore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-05 15:01:21 Reply

Ok so I've reported all my shit via Soundclouds internal copyright infringement system thing. We'll see how things develop.

For anyone wanting to help out or anything, I think the best thing you can do is if you recognize any of the music on their, please inform the original artist and tell them to report it.

NickPerrin
NickPerrin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-05 15:02:36 Reply

At 3/5/11 02:56 PM, xKore wrote: I guess she's blissfully unaware that artists hold copyright over their works as soon as they are made.

She ignored the CC License under every NG track ever uploaded, which we all know well. But, for the sake of this thread:
"
Attribution: You must give credit to the artist.
Noncommercial: You may not use this work for commercial purposes unless you make specific arrangements with the artist under another license.
Share Alike: If you alter, transform, or build upon this music, you may distribute the resulting creation only under a license identical to this one.
"

Pretty simple, and she's done none of those.

I wonder what other music she stole? Surely this can't be the first time. Other artists elsewhere might be unaware they're getting fucked over...

seargenthippo
seargenthippo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-05 15:03:51 Reply

This is ridiculous.... I hate the internet right now. I also hate that bitch hoe.

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-05 15:05:43 Reply

I blame Jesus. He's responsible for this!

dietsnapple135
dietsnapple135
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-05 15:10:29 Reply

At 3/5/11 02:00 PM, loansindi wrote: I don't think any sort of public claims of theft are appropriate.

I can't think of a situation they'd be more appropriate.

Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-05 15:14:57 Reply

I went ahead and reported one of her tracks as copyright infringement. I'd suggest others do the same, citing instances of the original track as well as other samples shes stealing. I think the first step is playing by soundcloud's rules of handling it. So id avoid any sort of immature behavior of flooding her page with garbage or whatever.

If we all act together and in a civil behavior it may be advantageous in the long run when people run into other stuff being stolen from the audio portal. We wouldnt want to lose any sort of credibiliity with immature behavior

None

loansindi
loansindi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-05 15:15:00 Reply

At 3/5/11 03:10 PM, dietsnapple135 wrote:
At 3/5/11 02:00 PM, loansindi wrote: I don't think any sort of public claims of theft are appropriate.
I can't think of a situation they'd be more appropriate.

Oh, you know, one where you shouldn't be contacting a lawyer first and foremost.

Spikrodd
Spikrodd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-05 15:16:04 Reply

You got more casualties, xKore...

Overload is Magnum (exprev)

The idiot didn't even realize it was an older version of Magnet. Also this song: hurr. I can't remember who did this one but I remember being infatuated with it's production... I wanna say for some reason it's RyeGuyHead, but I'm unsure...

SymbolCymbal
SymbolCymbal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-05 15:18:33 Reply

i disagree. because even if you get her to take down all stolen tracks. she can just lay low for a while and then contact her fans and make up an excuse as to why it was all taken down then start stealing and uploading again. People like this need to be exposed, dealt with in a professional manner and watched after resolution.

giving her fans proof that she is a phony ruins her credibility. It deserves to be ruined.

BUT PLEASE GUYS!!!! IF YOU ARE GOING TO LEAVE COMMENTS PLEASE JUST KEEP IT TO THE POINT. NO MALICIOUS POSTS PLEASE.
WE ARE TRYING TO EXPOSE HER LACK OF CREDIBILITY, NOT RUIN OURS.

xKore
xKore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-05 15:19:21 Reply

At 3/5/11 03:16 PM, Spikrodd wrote: Also this song: hurr. I can't remember who did this one but I remember being infatuated with it's production... I wanna say for some reason it's RyeGuyHead, but I'm unsure...

xkore - syntax

thx lol
KaynSlamdyke
KaynSlamdyke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-05 15:21:26 Reply

This... disgusts me. That is all I can say on the matter. Give her hell guys.

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-05 15:23:00 Reply

Artists who have been affected could also send a cease and disist similar to this to the label:cease and desist letter.

lel

Avizura
Avizura
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Audiophile
Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-05 15:26:13 Reply

But even if we get this bitch down, there are plenty of other persons who just like to get fame for something that they didn't make, you know what's fun? :) try asking one of those basterds what samples/synths he used or how he made it.

Fl l.l i '/. l.l l' Fl

loansindi
loansindi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-05 15:28:19 Reply

I'd also suggest reading the following two bits of info on soundcloud's site. Most of what you're doing is not going to help.

Check the section labelled "Procedure in Case of Alleged Rights Infringements "

US-based artists

'lol this is stolen' isn't the way to go here guys.

Spikrodd
Spikrodd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-05 15:28:57 Reply

At 3/5/11 03:14 PM, Luis wrote: I went ahead and reported one of her tracks as copyright infringement. I'd suggest others do the same, citing instances of the original track as well as other samples shes stealing. I think the first step is playing by soundcloud's rules of handling it. So id avoid any sort of immature behavior of flooding her page with garbage or whatever.

If we all act together and in a civil behavior it may be advantageous in the long run when people run into other stuff being stolen from the audio portal. We wouldnt want to lose any sort of credibiliity with immature behavior

Already way ahead of you, Lois. The form is a bit messy, like you said on FB, but it's well worth the hassle.

Side note: Lookin' swanky buddy :D

FaeryTaleAdventurer
FaeryTaleAdventurer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-05 15:38:10 Reply

Well, I'm really sorry for the people here at the audio portal crying foul over their work being misused (by "misused" I mean anything from no credit to original artists (and lets face it, SoundCloud really seems to fail at actually having a place for the uploader to describe an overview of the work, outside of commenting on segments of the song.). Fame has its price, and sometimes it will be in a very bad way.

Now before any vict-- er musicians get all "Phantom of the Opera" here, I just wanted to make note of a few things:

<|> The NewGrounds Audio Portal is powered by the Creative Commons-NC-SA License, and this is one thing above all else should be made of mention to the artist (or charlatan, if you prefer) if you are one of the persons who got their music "thefted". Cetacea should make note of referring to the majority (if not, all) of the uploads as strictly cover music, not being able to make any [commercial] albums with them until she first and foremost attributes/contacts the original artist for permission which is technically built-in to any music related CC license. She's technically on a threshold of trouble, and would be disastrous if (1) the uploads get a copyright (C) license and (2) the "covers" get her royalties, without the original artists permission.

<|> One person going by the moniker of "2DPolygon" has made it a mission already to nag Cetacea into rethinking her actions, by essentially bombing what looks like the entire songlist with a stolen music notice. I, personally see this as a double edged sword; For one this one voice is making a fuss, and its likely to get her attention; for the other, this may cause some unwanted reactions to "2DPolygon" as well as Cetacea, for as far as I know, the integrity of her fanbase could be strong enough to deny such a claim, or even going as far as to refer to "2DPolygon" as a spammer (which is technically what the fellow from the Netherlands is doing, even if for a good cause). Please just send her private messages, and I'm sure that way that if she gets enough of those, she'll more likely make amends to see to it that there are adjustments made that will please both the original NG artists and her loyal listeners/followers.

As for me, I guess I'm happy that my works (that includes the covers as well) are so rank, that she or any other audio thieves in the world would most likely feel shamed to take them as it could risk destroying their image. Anyway, I pray that this all can be resolved in a civil manner, where no one has to be murdered or become a prison be-yotch for a considerable amount of time.

xKore (the OP), there's hope that this will be resolved, and I think that since your Magnum is currently sitting atop this week's top 30 (that's some serious personal acclaim if you ask me), I wouldn't suggest sawing off the chandelier chain just yet. You do have every right to be mad, but I'd just send a message of concern covering some of the things I mentioned earlier, and hopefully you'll hear a reply soon. Attorneys/authoritahs should not be dragged into this until such time as she decides to publicly announce an album that 100% violates the CC license.

Again I'm sorry to hear this is happening, but its something we music people will have to deal with until the end of time.

*Awaits the advent of The Venus Project...^-^*
SymbolCymbal
SymbolCymbal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-05 15:47:21 Reply

At 3/5/11 03:38 PM, FaeryTaleAdventurer wrote: I wouldn't suggest sawing off the chandelier chain just yet.

i have no idea what that term means... BUT I LIKE IT!

FaeryTaleAdventurer
FaeryTaleAdventurer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-05 15:52:15 Reply

At 3/5/11 03:47 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote:
At 3/5/11 03:38 PM, FaeryTaleAdventurer wrote: I wouldn't suggest sawing off the chandelier chain just yet.
i have no idea what that term means... BUT I LIKE IT!

It's a reference to one of the many ways the Phantom of the Opera unleashed his wrath (at least in the classic 1925 film version), after his compositions were stolen.

SymbolCymbal
SymbolCymbal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-05 16:01:37 Reply

At 3/5/11 03:52 PM, FaeryTaleAdventurer wrote:

It's a reference to one of the many ways the Phantom of the Opera unleashed his wrath (at least in the classic 1925 film version), after his compositions were stolen.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo oo. I still like it!

Avizura
Avizura
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Audiophile
Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-05 16:01:39 Reply

<|> One person going by the moniker of "2DPolygon" has made it a mission already to nag Cetacea into rethinking her actions, by essentially bombing what looks like the entire songlist with a stolen music notice. I, personally see this as a double edged sword; For one this one voice is making a fuss, and its likely to get her attention; for the other, this may cause some unwanted reactions to "2DPolygon" as well as Cetacea, for as far as I know, the integrity of her fanbase could be strong enough to deny such a claim, or even going as far as to refer to "2DPolygon" as a spammer (which is technically what the fellow from the Netherlands is doing, even if for a good cause). Please just send her private messages, and I'm sure that way that if she gets enough of those, she'll more likely make amends to see to it that there are adjustments made that will please both the original NG artists and her loyal listeners/followers.

Hi =]

Sorry for that, I was a bit mad.
Kk, let's do that, that's a good idea, I already PMd her.
I thought "what if my tracks got stolen too?"
But then I realised that I'm underrated B) nothing to worry about!
I support Newgrounds ;)

~2DPolygon

Fl l.l i '/. l.l l' Fl

Gario
Gario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to NG Music being stolen 2011-03-05 16:01:39 Reply

If the person is active on Soundcloud (by the sound of it she is) then the best action is private. You never know - the person might simply comply with demands to take the music down, or at the very least direct the listeners to the proper place of origin (that might be even better than a mass takedown, considering her popularity). Of course directing people to the proper sources via the comments section is important, too. If nothing else, directing people to the source on the comments page will turn the situation into free publicity for the original artist.

Of course it's always best if the thief works with the artists, but that rarely happens, and since this is so damn common the admins tend to take their sweet time removing the offending artist from the site; I mean look at this fellow, here... so much blatant plagerism, and yet he's still up... >:(

Anyhow, I hope this gets resolved.

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.