00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dakale just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

When People Think You're A Faker...

3,419 Views | 36 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Recently some group of users (most of them are swedish) believe,
or are trying to act like im not the real 'paragonx9'.
They keep posting things on facebook like "PLEASE GIVE PARAGONX9's ACCOUNT BACK.....
YOU'RE A FAKER..... I KNOW THE REAL PX9..." and such things. Now i remember that
a few years ago, there was this fake myspace user from sweden who acted as me,
and he had alot of friends. But i believe his account got banned after a while.
Those swedish people on facebook could have been friends of that fake myspace paragon,
thinking that he was the real one =/

It get's really annoying because there are many fake-accounts that are getting more popular
than my original artist's page here on NG =/ I'm afraid that there are too many fans
who don't even believe that my Newgrounds-account is my official page =[

Is there anyone else here on the forums who are victim of people that are
trying to take over your nickname? And is there anyone who can give some advice? =[

Thanks!! =D

BBS Signature

Response to When People Think You're A Faker... 2011-03-03 19:32:10

At 3/3/11 07:27 PM, ParagonX9 wrote: And is there anyone who can give some advice? =[

No money involved with NG, its all exposure. While frustrating its not really a disservice.

BBS Signature

Response to When People Think You're A Faker... 2011-03-03 20:04:11

Any legitimate concerns of this nature should be directed at a lawyer, not random internet users.

Response to When People Think You're A Faker... 2011-03-03 20:10:34

Who's ParagonX9?

(Lulz)

Seriously though... What uncle Loans said.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to When People Think You're A Faker... 2011-03-03 20:14:26

It would also help if you made your page look slightly serious, instead of a picture of sonic characters, a link to some xxx thing and a message saying "I'm for real." My first impression was it looks like either a 12 year olds, or a troll account.

BBS Signature

Response to When People Think You're A Faker... 2011-03-03 20:18:23

I had a rapper try to confront me about my rapper name (that got changed anyway) but other than that , I haven't had any problems. Then again, I'm not popular in the least, but I've heard of this happening to other people too.

Like people trying to take my wife's designs and say that they are theirs'... (bitches)

Response to When People Think You're A Faker... 2011-03-03 20:26:30

At 3/3/11 08:04 PM, loansindi wrote: Any legitimate concerns of this nature should be directed at a lawyer, not random internet users.

You really wouldn't have a case there. It's not libel, it's not devaluing or ruining your name. If anything, it's just giving him more publicity.

The best advice I can give is to ignore it. They'll get fed up eventually and they'll just stop pretending to be you. Until then, just be flattered, I suppose, that people are imitating you -- imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Response to When People Think You're A Faker... 2011-03-03 21:25:41

Funny, someone talking about people pretending to be someone they aren't and yet you still have yourself listed as a female.

inb4 so do you, envy.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to When People Think You're A Faker... 2011-03-03 21:49:46

At 3/3/11 09:25 PM, Envy wrote: Funny, someone talking about people pretending to be someone they aren't and yet you still have yourself listed as a female.

inb4 so do you, envy.

What are you talking about? Us chicks gotta stick together!

(More lulz)

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to When People Think You're A Faker... 2011-03-03 21:51:49

At 3/3/11 08:26 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
At 3/3/11 08:04 PM, loansindi wrote: Any legitimate concerns of this nature should be directed at a lawyer, not random internet users.
You really wouldn't have a case there. It's not libel, it's not devaluing or ruining your name. If anything, it's just giving him more publicity.

I never said suit. A consultation doesn't mean you're taking someone to court.

Response to When People Think You're A Faker... 2011-03-03 22:30:44

I'm just happy that I'm the 1000th reviewer of Chaos Airflow.

Response to When People Think You're A Faker... 2011-03-03 22:51:11

start a website/blog for yourself where you can put up "exclusive tracks" and on your blog explain how you made your music, add a little bio to make yourself less mysterious cause i think that's partly to blame. for example in your blog (i made chaoz japan with: blah blah) and throw in some screen caps In Theorypeople should start catching on eventually

"I want to care but I just... don't" -Me

Need somewhere to host audio instantly?

BBS Signature

Response to When People Think You're A Faker... 2011-03-03 22:55:51

the closest ive seen for my username is some guy using my username on some spanish forum and another guy who posted my music on last fm under my account name

Response to When People Think You're A Faker... 2011-03-04 00:18:33

First step: Your newgrounds account can be proven to be the real PX9 one because it has the songs posted first. Someone else can steal the songs, but they can't post them before you do, not even if they hacked your account. This establishes that your newgrounds account is then legitimate, and from there you can make a news post explaining which accounts are which and link to that post from the relevant locations, thus proving your authenticity. It would also help if you made a song and only posted it on the facebook page or something.

But really, it would help if you didn't have a pink hedgehog as your facebook picture and listed the wrong gender for something like 6 years now, and the only way to figure out your real name is to find your OC remix profile.

AND SO PRETENDING TO BE A GIRL FINALLY BITES PX9 IN THE ASS.

But I still worship your songs.

Response to When People Think You're A Faker... 2011-03-04 01:29:39

So these people forget that it lists a signup date on your page of 2001?

LOL, well I guess not everyone can be so brilliant as to figure that someone's 'fake' accounts for well-known ng artists probably didn't appear 10 years ago.

Response to When People Think You're A Faker... 2011-03-04 01:29:40

Send fake cease and desist letters to all the owners of the fake accounts, threatening to take action and fining no less then 10000 USD if they fail to terminate the accounts. (like dish and casscomm do when they catch you stealing.)

Message the webmasters of the sites telling them the situation with some proof you're the real paragonX9.

Make a Vblog telling fans you're the real you.

Ask the fakers to screencap their work to prove they did it.

Just thinking (typing thoughts) out loud=/

I've never had my name stolen, but I have my real face associated with the crap I make. I do have some fan pages, and profiles I didn't set up, but they don't claim to be me, or have claim to have made the music.

Response to When People Think You're A Faker... 2011-03-04 02:10:34

They also try to say that this newgrounds account is fake or hacked =/
I think that my long inactivity also caused alot of troubles.
People who are 'stealing the show' while the real artist is asleep.
Let's hope the ng-redesign will come up with new awesome features =]
Thanks for the tips everyone! But beware of those kind of people,
as they might cut off your *** and put a *** into your *** ... And you don't want that

BBS Signature

Response to When People Think You're A Faker... 2011-03-04 02:16:52

well, having three posts does not help your situation.Everyone knows you used to post more than 3. Maybe you should give an explanation as to why it went down to three and also do up your facebook page a bit more.

Oh the price of internet fame.

BTW someone told mne your not really a girl or even human for that matter but a broom.

Response to When People Think You're A Faker... 2011-03-04 02:33:43

Am I happy that I'm not that famous yet C=

Response to When People Think You're A Faker... 2011-03-04 06:40:27

Cant blame them, all you do is lie about your gender & never reply to pm's / reviews :p

Response to When People Think You're A Faker... 2011-03-04 16:11:32

What Bjra said, I guess, sounds like the best advice to me.

Fake cease and desist letters are funny but I imagine those might get you in trouble :p

Response to When People Think You're A Faker... 2011-03-04 16:13:15

Or get a new computer that can produce music and release new stuff that isn't made on a tracker.

Do it bro.

Do it.

Bro.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to When People Think You're A Faker... 2011-03-04 17:06:12

ParagonX9 is a girl.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to When People Think You're A Faker... 2011-03-04 17:36:05

At 3/4/11 08:26 AM, Bjra wrote: Ignore the haters and keep uploading music. If they review your song saying your fake, the majority of people will realize they are retarded and down vote their reviews.

if they post you are fake on new sposts, delete their post and ban them from commenting.

Ignore the haters man, literally.

Just because someone over the internet is trolling merely means you have to deal with a few spam comments, that's it. No one is going to believe these trolls.

I've banned them from facebook and NG already =]
well there are more than 6000 subscriptions on a youtube page
of someone who uploaded all my songs there, and many of those subscribers
never heard of my official page, and ofcourse thinking he's the real one =/
Oh well, i guess i should just ignore it and start working on my new song :
"ParagonX9 - Chaoz Paragonx9.newgrounds.com" ... jk

But thanks Bjra =]

BBS Signature

Response to When People Think You're A Faker... 2011-03-04 17:43:06

At 3/4/11 05:36 PM, ParagonX9 wrote:
Oh well, i guess i should just ignore it and start working on my new song :
"ParagonX9 - Chaoz Paragonx9.newgrounds.com" ... jk

But thanks Bjra =]

You could just upload a comment on his latest video and say like: 'I am the real ParagonX9. Go subscribe to my official channel. If you need proof, visit my newgrounds page from where I was born.'

lel

BBS Signature

Response to When People Think You're A Faker... 2011-03-04 18:34:24

At 3/4/11 06:08 PM, Bjra wrote:

also, if you make a video blog explaining how the channel is fake, the masses of people who enjoy your music will en masse spam the fakers videos with comments for being an identity stealing doosh. Those comments will get thumbed up, and everyone will know.

Nonetheless, hes impersonating YOU, so all the people who enjoy the songs on his profile are becoming YOUR fans. Fact.

The same thing was happening to cornandbeans on a little bit of a smaller level at one point in time.
You shouldnt really be upset paragon. These people accusing you of stealing are trying to protect your image

Response to When People Think You're A Faker... 2011-03-04 18:51:43

At 3/4/11 05:36 PM, ParagonX9 wrote: well there are more than 6000 subscriptions on a youtube page
of someone who uploaded all my songs there, and many of those subscribers
never heard of my official page, and ofcourse thinking he's the real one =/

I just searched for "paragonx9" on YouTube, and the first video that came up was by Xmillsa who sites you as the author. Since your work posted on Newgrounds is Creative Commons, it's completely within his rights, so you shouldn't ask him to take it down. He's probably a fan (as he's got no adds) that just wanted your work available to the YouTube community. If you asked him nicely, he might encourage viewers in his comments sections to subscribe to your newly created account on YouTube. It's definitely worth a shot.

I blame the drugs.

BBS Signature

Response to When People Think You're A Faker... 2011-03-05 01:51:07

stop fakin' and give us the real paragan9x bakc i knew him back in highchool and i know your not him k thx bye.

I guess you can see this as publicity, really. There is no bad publicity, especially when you have really awesome stuff to show off, so I don't see the haters as that bad, necessarily :)

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to When People Think You're A Faker... 2011-03-05 02:30:58

At 3/4/11 06:51 PM, WerewNC wrote: I just searched for "paragonx9" on YouTube, and the first video that came up was by Xmillsa who sites you as the author.

No i know millsa, he's posting many newgrounds songs,
but I actually meant pages that upload from a single artist, like this one below.
It's a channel that posted (almost) all of my songs, And get's alot of
views/subscribers/comments and awards:

BBS Signature

Response to When People Think You're A Faker... 2011-03-05 02:45:10

At 3/5/11 02:30 AM, ParagonX9 wrote: [Picture]

I forgot to say that the owner from that account, is a nice guy btw.
I asked him a while ago if he could place links in the description (because
there werent any) to my ng audiopages and he was so kind to do so.
And i asked him a few days ago if he could also place a link to my official channel
and i just noticed that he also changed that =]
So he's not a bad person i guess, still a bit concerned about
some comments on that page. But oh well.

BBS Signature