Be a Supporter!
CzeryWassierSwizier
CzeryWassierSwizier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
FBF or Tweens? Feb. 28th, 2011 @ 08:06 PM Reply

I'm planning on creating an animation and I have the general story line, visuals and audios planned out.
I'm relatively new to flash and this is my first formal (if you call it that) piece of work. I know this has been a commonly brought up topic but which kind of animation is better?

Frame by Frame (FBF) or tweens?

FYI, my animation basically incorporates two people talking.

I'm a nub.

Mischie
Mischie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to FBF or Tweens? Feb. 28th, 2011 @ 08:44 PM Reply

By experienced animators frame by frame is always better, you are very limited with what you can do with tweening. Though tweening is much less time consuming. Making colored and shaded vector puppets is so much faster than doing clean up drawings, breakdowns, in-betweens, and coloring.

If you are stretched for time do tweening, though if you have a lot of turn arounds you will have no choice but to do frame by frame.

DeadFrank
DeadFrank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to FBF or Tweens? Feb. 28th, 2011 @ 08:46 PM Reply

well whether it has action or not... frame by frame will always beat tweens. but tween save you alot more time. u can always use both for a talk scene
like the face could be more frame by frame whilst the bodies and figure is tweened. thats just my thoughts anyways.

iceimp
iceimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to FBF or Tweens? Mar. 1st, 2011 @ 09:09 PM Reply

It's always possible to mix the two at times many animations do this on newgrounds.

BBS Signature