• 6 Replies
TheJungleBunny
TheJungleBunny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Turtle Beach Mic Problem On Pc Feb. 28th, 2011 @ 12:58 AM

So yesterday, I bought a Turtle Beach EarForce X11 from BestBuy for 60$, I plugged it into my Xbox 360, and it had no problems. So I tried it on my laptop (Windows 7), I got on Gmod and from what people said, my mic sounds like shit.

I plugged in the USB, I put the Green Wire into the headset jack, and the Pink Wire into the microphone jack, but it (apparently) sounds terrible. I recorded it in the Sound Recorder, and there was a bunch of static/white noise and my voice (despite the fact I sound like an 8-year old) was pretty bad too. I (obviously) don't know what I need to do, and I've tried to find out what to do, but my results have been fruitless.

The mic/headset/w.e is a Turtle Beach EarForce X11
And I don't know what I need to tell you about my laptop, but it runs on Windows 7, uhh.. I don't really know what else you need to know about it.
Any help is appreciated.

I hope I'm in the right forum.
Retrospective
Retrospective
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Turtle Beach Mic Problem On Pc Feb. 28th, 2011 @ 01:17 AM

Check your microphone/sound mixer, and turn off the gain. THat usually ends up being the problem with some computers. I don't know where it'll be located, it might be in the Control Panel, but turn down the gain on your mic input.

Riftcrawler
Riftcrawler
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Turtle Beach Mic Problem On Pc Feb. 28th, 2011 @ 03:26 PM

Make sure you have the right drivers. If you don't, google for one.

He Slams His Fists Against The Posts And Still Insists He Sees The Ghosts

BBS Signature
Obvious-M
Obvious-M
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Turtle Beach Mic Problem On Pc Feb. 28th, 2011 @ 03:43 PM

I have the X11's and they work fine, check everything is plugged in correctly, then go to control panel, hardware and sound, manage audio devices, recording, and microphone levels and check everything is on.

Gamertag- MarshallxDav | Steam ID- Eshneh | LastFM- MarshallNPK

BBS Signature
TheJungleBunny
TheJungleBunny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Turtle Beach Mic Problem On Pc Feb. 28th, 2011 @ 03:44 PM

At 2/28/11 01:17 AM, Retrospective wrote: Check your microphone/sound mixer, and turn off the gain.

Well, I haven't found anything about the gain, but there is this thing called Microphone Boost, it's at 36 dB which is apparently the max.
There's also these two other options to turn on or off the Acoustic Echo Cancellation, and Voice Enhancements. I'll keep looking though.

TheJungleBunny
TheJungleBunny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Turtle Beach Mic Problem On Pc Mar. 1st, 2011 @ 02:15 PM

At 2/28/11 03:44 PM, TheJungleBunny wrote:
Well, I haven't found anything about the gain, but there is this thing called Microphone Boost, it's at 36 dB which is apparently the max.

Problem solved, apparently I just needed to turn down the boost (which I can only assume is the gain?) a bit. Uhh.. OP Lock Request I guess.. Thanks for your help anyways!

Murray
Murray
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Turtle Beach Mic Problem On Pc Mar. 1st, 2011 @ 03:05 PM

At 3/1/11 02:15 PM, TheJungleBunny wrote: OP Lock Request I guess.. Thanks for your help anyways!

Your sig makes me not want to make a lock message at all.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut