New Topic Respond to this Topic
SkeletonGimp
SkeletonGimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Uncyclopedia Hates Us Feb. 23rd, 2011 @ 07:29 AM Reply

Funny. I read the article and it actually praises the BBS. As for the rest of it, well it doesn't appear to be any kind of butt hurt, more like jelly piss take/trollin'.

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008
Feel free to MSN me: warsmithdave@msn.com
Beware the NGSkeletonGimp! M:tG Klub.

BBS Signature
Razz
Razz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Uncyclopedia Hates Us Feb. 23rd, 2011 @ 07:34 AM Reply

Laughed my ass off

It is a known fact that Newgrounds was the first Flash Protal

Portal. But if I remember correctly, back in the day Tom put submissions up manually. There were dozens of websites like that, maybe the first to eventually install an almost youtube-like formality but that was only to curve the work it took. I know this is Uncyclopedia but ... Wow, stupid people.

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Uncyclopedia Hates Us Feb. 23rd, 2011 @ 07:44 AM Reply

ITT: People who dont realise that Uncyclopdia aims to misinform people and is a parody of Wikipedia, essentially being the opposite.

Bryan
Bryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate

"Maybe thats why shes in film school. She wants to be an Artistic Autistic." -Viper50
"Everything else you said was mostly garbage and opinionated." -DangerousGirl

BBS Signature
19thNervousBreakdown
19thNervousBreakdown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Uncyclopedia Hates Us Feb. 23rd, 2011 @ 07:59 AM Reply

It's not a terrible article, there are a few lines that are kind of funny in theory, but they're written in a way that blanches all the humor out of it. The article has humor anemia and it seems like somebody wrote it out in one sitting and decided to leave it like that. It was kind of funny when they used the old school house rock song to describe the voting process in the portal.

If a flash is by chance not eaten by P-Bot, it becomes a bill and is then passed on to capital hill.

Which, while kind of clever, it's written in a way that doesn't allude to the song very well so the author decides to explain it

Like, if you've ever seen that one School House rock, with the talking bill on the steps of Capital Hill, it's just like that.

Seriously? If you need to explain the joke you just made you dun goofed.

So yeah, that's way more academic of an analysis than this probably deserved when all I could have said was, "this needs a few revisions," but there you go.

Where's that confounded bridge?

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to Uncyclopedia Hates Us Feb. 23rd, 2011 @ 08:11 AM Reply

At 2/23/11 12:10 AM, Gagsy wrote: Actually they do have some funny articles.

They're alright in small doses but damn, looking back at Uncyclopedia now, it feels so watered down after reading so much from ED. As for NG articles from both sites, I don't think either of them have been updated for a while now.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

chaklong
chaklong
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Uncyclopedia Hates Us Feb. 23rd, 2011 @ 08:46 AM Reply

But I love Uncyclopedia...

BTW the page I saw before, hilarious.

But newgroudsf is still awesomesss

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to Uncyclopedia Hates Us Feb. 23rd, 2011 @ 08:50 AM Reply

For a while (not sure now, I think the stats page is gone) the Newgrounds page on encyclopediadramatica was the third longest page (and the first was TLDR anyway)

mattuiop
mattuiop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
mattuiop
mattuiop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Uncyclopedia Hates Us Feb. 23rd, 2011 @ 08:54 AM Reply

some history for ya:
The Lulz Era (1995-2004)

In the beginning, Jewgrounds was a contributor to the AYB phenomenon; one of the first memes.

The most holiest of lulz and nostalgia, Jewgrounds was once the center of it all.
Jewgrounds in its earliest form was little more than a self-glorifying project designed by Tom Fulp (see the Administrator section below). Before 4chan, before Myspace, this now-hopelessly polluted cesspool of a site began life as a pristine pond; a purveyor of purest, holiest lulz, nearly a full decade before the concept was even imagined and mass-produced. To say that Fulp invented internet lulz is to stretch reality, but suffice it to say that among the earliest dispensers of e-justice, Fulp was a noble sheriff of the law and led Jewgrounds into a internet empire made entirely of pure lulz and win that even early 4Chan could not surpass. For example, it's original tagline was "The Problems of the Future, Today!" which shows how far the site has come for it's tagline to now be the faux empowering bullshit "Everything, by Everyone." During this time, entire countries (such as Scotland) were even considering banning Jewgrounds, of which Tom Fulp gloated about was proud (of course, that would be a no-no now, as it would hurt profits).
During the late '90s, Fulp thoroughly pwned several faceless corporate entities with what would now be considered low-brow and halfhearted attempts at humor, ie Teletubby Fun Land, which isn't really funny at all, and looks like complete shit. Nonetheless, Fulp learned that through his shittiness, he could do some serious fucking IRL Trolling, and managed to raise the ire of many an executive at the BBC, as well as one infamous, middle-aged, angry female media-whore known as "Penny Bain, righteous crusader for all things unlulzy."
Fulp also created a page called Assassin, which hosted flash animation and games centering around killing celebrities and crappy cartoon characters, and while these games are complete shit according to today's standards, the lulz they contributed back then was priceless. This was by far the main draw to the website in these days, as it was the most offensive and funniest thing people had seen on the internet, as was a main base for people to vent their rage and frustration against stupid crazes like Pokemon (back when it was a wordwide craze and not just some third rate game franchise) and other shit they were forced to endure from the idiotic masses.
But Fulp's most important e-exploit was certainly the seminal and highly-offensive homage to Columbine, known as Pico's School, which managed to get him b& from almost every seriousfag memorial website dedicated to this or that contributor to the high-score count that was reached on that April 20th, 1999, and wouldn't be broken for another seven years. In this way, Fulp was way ahead of his time, and would have done well to pack it up and quit while he was ahead. But Fulp tasted the bittersweet nectar of money that he had just finished parodying, and was smitten by its power.
Jewgrounds in it's previous lulzy form can actually be viewed here, and it should be noted pretty much all of this material has since been deleted by Jewgrounds staff, in an attempt to make a friendly image of the site and not offend any potential advertisers.
However, probably the most epic video on Newground at the time, and by far the funniest, was the Clock Crew's CGI movie, Juicy Fruit, found on http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/77 680. Ironically, while this was during the Lulz Era, this was the only thing of that era that was actualy funny.
During this time, Jewgrounds grew from a minor operation of basement dwellers to a legitimate business, much to the chagrin of the first wave of no-lifers (henceforth referred to as originals) who made up the better part of the Jewgrounds userbase at that time but this advantage that helped nourish the site's originality would soon be the cause of its death.

catd77
catd77
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Programmer
Response to Uncyclopedia Hates Us Feb. 23rd, 2011 @ 09:19 AM Reply

At 2/22/11 11:50 PM, LethalDosage wrote: Hate ?
Whoever wrote all that garbage is more obsessed with NG then NGers...

Or is one of us.

BBS Signature
Scary-Kids
Scary-Kids
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Uncyclopedia Hates Us Feb. 23rd, 2011 @ 01:32 PM Reply

At 2/22/11 11:55 PM, Krutches wrote: Why did I read all of that... Uncyclopedia is about as funny as anal rape.

And thats pretty damn funny.

BBS Signature
Floofs
Floofs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Uncyclopedia Hates Us Feb. 23rd, 2011 @ 01:35 PM Reply

I lol'd about P-Bot.

It's not about the destination.
It's about the journey.

Magic-Mushroom
Magic-Mushroom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Uncyclopedia Hates Us Feb. 23rd, 2011 @ 01:44 PM Reply

Damn, that was...painful to read, not because of what they were, just the amount of spelling errors and fucktardness that emits from that site. Also this thread has a ''P'' in it so zerok is going to lock it.

They said I could become anything so I became everything.

BBS Signature
RDSchley
RDSchley
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Uncyclopedia Hates Us Feb. 23rd, 2011 @ 02:15 PM Reply

At 2/22/11 11:58 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: No big deal. Encyclopedia Dramatica hates us too, but it's still funny.

It's satire, not hate. They make fun of everybody.

But yes, it is much funnier than this.

It is ok to make fun of America. But if you make fun of any other country in a vague or joking way you get banned.

TechnoHound
TechnoHound
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Uncyclopedia Hates Us Feb. 23rd, 2011 @ 02:18 PM Reply

Uncyclopedia doesn't care about us.

By Life Stream

BBS Signature
Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Uncyclopedia Hates Us Feb. 23rd, 2011 @ 02:34 PM Reply

EDs page is a lot better.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature