New Topic Respond to this Topic
ylerskay
ylerskay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
How many fights have you been in? 2011-02-22 11:18:26 Reply

So I'm a kid, and I've been in a few fist fights. How many physical fights have you been in? "Sparring" and shoving matches don't count, but they are worth a mention.

BBS Signature
TechnoHound
TechnoHound
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to How many fights have you been in? 2011-02-22 11:21:42 Reply

"Im all badman and im gonna go beat up some people and prove im all badass and shit and maybe swear a few times so people know im a mega serious badass."

By Life Stream

BBS Signature
Makakaov
Makakaov
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to How many fights have you been in? 2011-02-22 11:23:01 Reply

I once got into fight with my friend, which made me start a whole club of it, but then i realised that my friend was imaginary, so it doesn't count.

ylerskay
ylerskay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to How many fights have you been in? 2011-02-22 11:24:09 Reply

At 2/22/11 11:21 AM, TechnoHound wrote: "Im all badman and im gonna go beat up some people and prove im all badass and shit and maybe swear a few times so people know im a mega serious badass."

If someone just randomly started wailing on you, you wouldn't fight back? SOMETIMES fights are unavoidable.

BBS Signature
TechnoHound
TechnoHound
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to How many fights have you been in? 2011-02-22 11:25:58 Reply

At 2/22/11 11:24 AM, ylerskay wrote: If someone just randomly started wailing on you, you wouldn't fight back? SOMETIMES fights are unavoidable.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me

By Life Stream

BBS Signature
TheBlueRaven
TheBlueRaven
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to How many fights have you been in? 2011-02-22 11:28:15 Reply

At 2/22/11 11:24 AM, ylerskay wrote: If someone just randomly started wailing on you, you wouldn't fight back? SOMETIMES fights are unavoidable.

Like when he calls you gay or flirts with your girl?

cocks.

BBS Signature
Dubbi
Dubbi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to How many fights have you been in? 2011-02-22 11:41:58 Reply

Fighting is bad, mkay?

I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing
Than teach 10,000 stars how not to dance.
-- ee cummings

BBS Signature
chiefindomer
chiefindomer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to How many fights have you been in? 2011-02-22 11:56:31 Reply

At 2/22/11 11:25 AM, TechnoHound wrote:

But someone wailing on you would hurt you wouldn't it?

Anyway, I've been in my fair share of fights, getting in fights was pretty much a part of growing up where I'm from. Plus, I have an older brother that I constantly got into fights with until I was about 16.

BBS Signature
Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Movie Buff
Response to How many fights have you been in? 2011-02-22 12:00:44 Reply

In terms of an actual fight where someone was phsyically hurting me, I think that happened once. I did not try to fight back, as I simply tried to run away. The good thing was that I managed to get the whole thing sorted out and that's the kind of thing I do. From what I recall, the only reason this guy was after me was because I called him "stupid" during gym class. I don't even remember what that kid's name was.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

SkeletonGimp
SkeletonGimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to How many fights have you been in? 2011-02-22 12:03:23 Reply

I've been jumped on several times, normally come out the loser. I'm not afraid to admit that, especially when its 3 guys against one and I'm not exactly tall. However, I always walk away with my head held high, not letting rabid youths high on alcohol and drugs to break my spirit.

The couple of times I have beaten someone in a fight, normally over something stupid that developes into a drunken fistfight (lost a tooth in one) I always have the respect to pick the other guy up and dust him off. It's old school fighting I learnt from my grandad. Punch each other up till your both nackered and in pain, resolve the dispute that way and go back in for a pint and a laugh.

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008
Feel free to MSN me: warsmithdave@msn.com
Beware the NGSkeletonGimp! M:tG Klub.

BBS Signature
sander-valk
sander-valk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to How many fights have you been in? 2011-02-22 12:41:07 Reply

I've been in three streetfights, one consisted of a guy punching me in the face so i would apologize for what i said to him even though he started it, that ended with him giving up and walking away, i didn't hit back, a few years after that i was mad at my mother and walked out the house to find a russian junkie pissing on a tree nearby, picked a fight with him and broke his teeth, still have marks on my right fist.. a year after that, my stepdad punched me in the forehead, broke all of his knuckles but i stood upright, was a badass moment for me. Nowadays i started practicing MMA and i've been in 6 professional fights from which i've won 5, one bastard choked me out.. I have a high tolerance for pain so most of the ''streetfights'' i either win or walk away from.

PSN: Haikune
Steam: sandervalk123
Battlelog: Viikingolen

zalecot
zalecot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to How many fights have you been in? 2011-02-22 12:44:02 Reply

Non-competition matches, probably 3-4. Three were definitely, on the fourth it was more I threw one punch the other guy freaked out.

Competition matches (as in knock out matches, think MMA style fights except I did them for a particular martial art) Dozens, not exactly sure how many.

Sparring hundreds of times, I've been doing martial arts since I was 4. This isn't the pussy sparring with pads on the floor either. Your hands are wrapped with tape to prevent bloody knuckles but that's it

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things: Of shoes and ships and sealing-wax. Of cabbages and kings!"

BBS Signature
Lagerkapo
Lagerkapo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Writer
Response to How many fights have you been in? 2011-02-22 12:47:51 Reply

Always been lucky enough to be able to avoid actual violent conflict, however in the 6 or 7 years I've been practicing martial arts I've done more combat, armed and unarmed, than I can remember.

NGMartial Arts Club Are you Man...
MUSIC | or a little, dying cosmic whore...
Speak with your actions, come from your core.

BBS Signature
Floofs
Floofs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to How many fights have you been in? 2011-02-22 12:48:59 Reply

I don´t like fights, they are not going to lead you anywhere.

It's not about the destination.
It's about the journey.

sander-valk
sander-valk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to How many fights have you been in? 2011-02-22 12:52:58 Reply

I forgot about spars, about 50 full contact spars and just last weekend i celebrated my 200th sparring session :)

Hyenic
Hyenic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to How many fights have you been in? 2011-02-22 12:53:50 Reply

None. Because i'm a pussy.

BBS Signature
sander-valk
sander-valk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to How many fights have you been in? 2011-02-22 12:53:59 Reply

At 2/22/11 12:47 PM, Lagerkapo wrote: Always been lucky enough to be able to avoid actual violent conflict, however in the 6 or 7 years I've been practicing martial arts I've done more combat, armed and unarmed, than I can remember.

Armed.. Wushu? Krav Maga?

Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to How many fights have you been in? 2011-02-22 12:57:35 Reply

Hmm... In Elementary alone, probably about six to eight.
I never got in any fights with kids in high school, except for once when some kid came to fight me and I beat the living shit out of him.
During the time I was in high school though I got in about two fights outside of school, once getting jumped, ended up winning...
And another time me and my older brother got in a fight ending with us both getting arrested, my face being completely fucked and him looking about as bad as me.

So maybe ten or so real fights in my sixteen (almost seventeen) years.. Not too bad.

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

MaartenC
MaartenC
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to How many fights have you been in? 2011-02-22 12:58:39 Reply

I've had one fight with a guy two years ago (I was 13 at the moment)
A guy was pissed off of something I said (can't remember it tho), and wanted a fight after school.
He punched me once, hit me pretty hard on my jaw, and I lost a bit of my tooth and I kicked him in his face and punched him on his chestbone then he gave up.

It wasn't actually fun, so I'm not planning on getting in a fight aigain.

sander-valk
sander-valk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to How many fights have you been in? 2011-02-22 13:00:40 Reply

At 2/22/11 12:57 PM, EpicFail wrote: Hmm... In Elementary alone, probably about six to eight.
I never got in any fights with kids in high school, except for once when some kid came to fight me and I beat the living shit out of him.
During the time I was in high school though I got in about two fights outside of school, once getting jumped, ended up winning...
And another time me and my older brother got in a fight ending with us both getting arrested, my face being completely fucked and him looking about as bad as me.

So maybe ten or so real fights in my sixteen (almost seventeen) years.. Not too bad.

This reminded me why i stopped drinking, i hit one of my friends really hard when drunk, he got hospitalized, needless to say i'm not gonna drink like that anymore.

Lorkas
Lorkas
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to How many fights have you been in? 2011-02-22 13:03:51 Reply

At 2/22/11 12:52 PM, sander-valk wrote: I forgot about spars, about 50 full contact spars and just last weekend i celebrated my 200th sparring session :)

Congratulations! How as it?

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12
NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature
sander-valk
sander-valk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to How many fights have you been in? 2011-02-22 13:15:44 Reply

At 2/22/11 01:03 PM, Lorkas wrote:
At 2/22/11 12:52 PM, sander-valk wrote: I forgot about spars, about 50 full contact spars and just last weekend i celebrated my 200th sparring session :)
Congratulations! How as it?

I didn't even know i was at 200 already, so my trainer told me and bought me a beer, lol :D He keeps track of everyones sparring sessions which is amazing in my opinion, me and some guys went out eating afterwards too

Armour
Armour
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Filmmaker
Response to How many fights have you been in? 2011-02-22 13:19:50 Reply

At 2/22/11 11:25 AM, TechnoHound wrote:

Yes words might not hurt you but but if a guy comes up to you and smashes you a clean in the face you cant just sit there saying " Lol ! Nice one but lol sticks and stones lol you may break my bones and stuff but words will never hurt me lol "

Other guy : erm...sure * Starts breaking your bones *

Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to How many fights have you been in? 2011-02-22 13:25:24 Reply

In regards to actual fights, a big fat zero. Most of my "fights" never escalate high than "yelling matches".

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to How many fights have you been in? 2011-02-22 13:27:42 Reply

At 2/22/11 01:00 PM, sander-valk wrote:
This reminded me why i stopped drinking, i hit one of my friends really hard when drunk, he got hospitalized, needless to say i'm not gonna drink like that anymore.

Lol - How did that remind you of that??

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

SymbolCymbal
SymbolCymbal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to How many fights have you been in? 2011-02-22 13:28:51 Reply

Sparring fights in Ju-Jitsu i have been in way to many to count.
Real fights i have also been in many of those. Simply because when i was younger i was very very skinny, very very small, had very very BIG plastic glasses and also was raised not to take shit from people.
Before my friend started teaching me Jiu Jitsu

i did lose a few fights but i never have been in a fight where you could say i got my ass kicked. When i used to lose fights it was because the fight got broken up before i had a chance to do any damage or it was basically a stale mate because me and the other person were just rolling around on the ground breaking out of and putting each other in headlocks and stuff.

I was a very energetic and wiry kid so most of the people that would pick on me and get into a fight with me were much bigger thinking they could just punch me a few times or grab me and throw me and the fight would be over. But because i was so small i was also very quick and agile so unless the fight was in a small room i usually won.

To this day i hate fighting because of all the fighting i did when i was younger. I came to know the type of people that start fights and they sicken me. Anyone that believes that physical violence is a way to prove oneself, dominate socially or resolve and argument deserves any severity of beating they get. I'm a firm believer that most altercations can be solved with communication wether it be a calm talk or a rousing bout of cursing and insulting one mother wether she is alive or dead.

saltovergray
saltovergray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to How many fights have you been in? 2011-02-22 13:30:00 Reply

None.

I am not a violent person. Nor a hostile person.

BBS Signature
sander-valk
sander-valk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to How many fights have you been in? 2011-02-22 13:36:36 Reply

At 2/22/11 01:28 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote: Sparring fights in Ju-Jitsu i have been in way to many to count.
Real fights i have also been in many of those. Simply because when i was younger i was very very skinny, very very small, had very very BIG plastic glasses and also was raised not to take shit from people.

BJJ or the traditional japanese jiu jitsu?

POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to How many fights have you been in? 2011-02-22 13:38:26 Reply

I killed a man.. with this thumb.

How many fights have you been in?

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
Spartan204
Spartan204
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to How many fights have you been in? 2011-02-22 13:40:29 Reply

I spar MMA with some friends every once in a while, but I've been in zero fights. I'm proud of it, too.

Newgrounds | PM me for a forum signature

BBS Signature