Be a Supporter!

Everyone who died in 1999...

  • 1,057 Views
  • 28 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Makakaov
Makakaov
  • Member since: Jun. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Everyone who died in 1999... Feb. 20th, 2011 @ 06:28 PM Reply

...kinda failed, don't you think?

kittehg0d
kittehg0d
  • Member since: Jul. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Everyone who died in 1999... Feb. 20th, 2011 @ 06:29 PM Reply

how so?


BBS Signature
zalecot
zalecot
  • Member since: Jul. 20, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Everyone who died in 1999... Feb. 20th, 2011 @ 06:30 PM Reply

Why? Because they didn't see 2000?


"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things: Of shoes and ships and sealing-wax. Of cabbages and kings!"

BBS Signature
Light
Light
  • Member since: May. 29, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Reader
Response to Everyone who died in 1999... Feb. 20th, 2011 @ 06:30 PM Reply

Why would you say that?


I was formerly known as "Jedi-Master."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
MiroDK
MiroDK
  • Member since: Apr. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to Everyone who died in 1999... Feb. 20th, 2011 @ 06:33 PM Reply

I guess, they didn't see turn of the millennium , which isn't something very common in history.


shit's amazing

BBS Signature
Floofs
Floofs
  • Member since: Dec. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Everyone who died in 1999... Feb. 20th, 2011 @ 06:34 PM Reply

They did not saw the born of Newgrounds.


It's not about the destination.
It's about the journey.

Makakaov
Makakaov
  • Member since: Jun. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Everyone who died in 1999... Feb. 20th, 2011 @ 06:34 PM Reply

At 2/20/11 06:33 PM, BrazilianNinja wrote: Elliot Lee Richardson (July 20, 1920 - December 31, 1999)

Kinda failed.

In my socialist mind even influent people can kinda fail, see? That's the equality.

SouthAsian
SouthAsian
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Everyone who died in 1999... Feb. 20th, 2011 @ 06:35 PM Reply

I lived through 2 millenniums holy shit.That means I was born in the same millennium as such notables as George Washington Saladin and other people like that. :D

Ryanson
Ryanson
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Musician
Response to Everyone who died in 1999... Feb. 20th, 2011 @ 06:35 PM Reply

At 2/20/11 06:31 PM, Twilight wrote: IDK man they didn't have to live through the shittiest decade for every form of entertainment.

Yes they did.


Life is a performance, and the world is full of critics. Give it your all like it's your last show.
You don't even want to know

BBS Signature
TheSporkLord
TheSporkLord
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to Everyone who died in 1999... Feb. 20th, 2011 @ 06:38 PM Reply

At 2/20/11 06:36 PM, Twilight wrote:
At 2/20/11 06:35 PM, Ryanson wrote:
At 2/20/11 06:31 PM, Twilight wrote: IDK man they didn't have to live through the shittiest decade for every form of entertainment.
Yes they did.
90s > 00s

50's > 90's


" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner
GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature
Squidbit
Squidbit
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2009
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Animator
Response to Everyone who died in 1999... Feb. 20th, 2011 @ 06:38 PM Reply

At 2/20/11 06:34 PM, Floofs wrote: They did not saw the born of Newgrounds.

Yeah they did. "© Copyright 1995-2011 Newgrounds, Inc."

zaxe7
zaxe7
  • Member since: Jul. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Everyone who died in 1999... Feb. 20th, 2011 @ 06:40 PM Reply

I'm guessing the joke is that those people missed the 21st century or the supposed apocalypse.

Makakaov
Makakaov
  • Member since: Jun. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Everyone who died in 1999... Feb. 20th, 2011 @ 06:40 PM Reply

At 2/20/11 06:35 PM, SouthAsian wrote: I lived through 2 millenniums holy shit.That means I was born in the same millennium as such notables as George Washington Saladin and other people like that. :D

My birthday is one day beafore George Washington's.

Everyone who died in 1999...

Ryanson
Ryanson
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Musician
Response to Everyone who died in 1999... Feb. 20th, 2011 @ 06:40 PM Reply

At 2/20/11 06:36 PM, Twilight wrote: 90s > 00s

> 60s


Life is a performance, and the world is full of critics. Give it your all like it's your last show.
You don't even want to know

BBS Signature
saltovergray
saltovergray
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Everyone who died in 1999... Feb. 20th, 2011 @ 06:41 PM Reply

At 2/20/11 06:38 PM, TheSporkLord wrote:
50's > 90's

Just because you played Fallout 3 doesn't mean you have any idea of 50's culture.


BBS Signature
Jon
Jon
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Everyone who died in 1999... Feb. 20th, 2011 @ 06:42 PM Reply

At 2/20/11 06:36 PM, Twilight wrote: 90s > 00s

Reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally?

Everyone who died in 1999...


hello

TheSporkLord
TheSporkLord
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to Everyone who died in 1999... Feb. 20th, 2011 @ 06:43 PM Reply

At 2/20/11 06:41 PM, SaltshakerClock wrote:
At 2/20/11 06:38 PM, TheSporkLord wrote:
50's > 90's
Just because you played Fallout 3 doesn't mean you have any idea of 50's culture.

Where the hell did Fallout 3 come into this?


" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner
GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature
Manatee
Manatee
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Everyone who died in 1999... Feb. 20th, 2011 @ 06:47 PM Reply

At least they were able to avoid Y2K.


Space.

BBS Signature
kittehg0d
kittehg0d
  • Member since: Jul. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Everyone who died in 1999... Feb. 20th, 2011 @ 06:48 PM Reply

At 2/20/11 06:41 PM, SaltshakerClock wrote:
At 2/20/11 06:38 PM, TheSporkLord wrote:
50's > 90's
Just because you played Fallout 3 doesn't mean you have any idea of 50's culture.

the setting of fallout 3 was the 40's.

Troll fail.


BBS Signature
Makakaov
Makakaov
  • Member since: Jun. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Everyone who died in 1999... Feb. 20th, 2011 @ 06:49 PM Reply

ITT: People who think they knew something about the times they didn't live in.

Jon
Jon
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Everyone who died in 1999... Feb. 20th, 2011 @ 06:52 PM Reply

At 2/20/11 06:49 PM, Makakaov wrote: ITT: People who think they knew something about the times they didn't live in.

ding ding ding


hello

Makakaov
Makakaov
  • Member since: Jun. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Everyone who died in 1999... Feb. 20th, 2011 @ 07:02 PM Reply

At 2/20/11 06:51 PM, BrazilianNinja wrote:
At 2/20/11 06:48 PM, kittehg0d wrote:
At 2/20/11 06:41 PM, SaltshakerClock wrote:
At 2/20/11 06:38 PM, TheSporkLord wrote:
50's > 90's
Just because you played Fallout 3 doesn't mean you have any idea of 50's culture.
the setting of fallout 3 was the 40's.

Troll fail.
Actually Fallout 3 took place in the year 2277.

Countertroll fail.

"setting" as he called it was not the actual year of the action, but the theme. If you paid a little attention, you'd see that the cars, music, and clothes from games including and after Fallout 3 were based on 40's and 50's, because that was the "setting" of the game.

(Also, you can see car based on 40's in the first ever Fallout intro movie from Fallout 1, so yeah, it was like that from the beggining).

Fail bandwagon continues.

Ryanson
Ryanson
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Musician
Response to Everyone who died in 1999... Feb. 20th, 2011 @ 07:08 PM Reply

ITT: Fallout 3??


Life is a performance, and the world is full of critics. Give it your all like it's your last show.
You don't even want to know

BBS Signature
TheSporkLord
TheSporkLord
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to Everyone who died in 1999... Feb. 20th, 2011 @ 07:08 PM Reply

Are we really going to take this shit seriously?

It was a joke.


" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner
GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature
Makakaov
Makakaov
  • Member since: Jun. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Everyone who died in 1999... Feb. 20th, 2011 @ 07:09 PM Reply

At 2/20/11 07:06 PM, BrazilianNinja wrote:
At 2/20/11 07:02 PM, Makakaov wrote: "setting" as he called it was not the actual year of the action, but the theme. If you paid a little attention, you'd see that the cars, music, and clothes from games including and after Fallout 3 were based on 40's and 50's, because that was the "setting" of the game.

(Also, you can see car based on 40's in the first ever Fallout intro movie from Fallout 1, so yeah, it was like that from the beggining).

Fail bandwagon continues.
You're splitting hairs. Setting includes the time, location, and everything in which a story takes place, and initiates the main backdrop and mood for a story.

Pseudo-intellectual fallacy fail.

1. I didn't start up with using the word "setting", and just explained what the guy beafore me meant so:

complaint fail.

2. We're not talking here about "Setting (fiction)" from the wikipedia, so smartass fail also.

Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Member since: Jul. 30, 2007
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Everyone who died in 1999... Feb. 20th, 2011 @ 07:10 PM Reply

Why? Because they didn't get to see the new millennium?


Just chillin' like always.

BBS Signature
ChaDMcBaDD
ChaDMcBaDD
  • Member since: Jul. 18, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Everyone who died in 1999... Feb. 20th, 2011 @ 07:23 PM Reply

At 2/20/11 06:31 PM, Twilight wrote: IDK man they didn't have to live through the shittiest decade for every form of entertainment.

lol im not sorry at all for saying this, but youre fucking stupid if you actually think that.


BBS Signature
Falonefal
Falonefal
  • Member since: May. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Filmmaker
Response to Everyone who died in 1999... Feb. 20th, 2011 @ 07:26 PM Reply

Them


Tick Tock

BBS Signature
cast
cast
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 1999
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to Everyone who died in 1999... Feb. 20th, 2011 @ 08:03 PM Reply

Everyone that wasnt born in the late 50's is a failure.


c̴a̶s̴t̷

BBS Signature