New Topic Respond to this Topic
TiredPaperBoy
TiredPaperBoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Teenage relationships are stupid?.. 2011-02-17 16:35:53 Reply

People often say, and will always say, teenage relationships are stupid, the start quickly, they end quickly.

It seems to me that this is the case because teenagers don't want to be in a relationship which is fucking miserable, well, that to me, is pretty fucking logical.

All the parents of my friends are either divorsed, and are with asshole step parents, OR are so fucking weak they can't bring themselves to get divorsed so instead stay with their partners and just live in the shittiest situation ever where the fear of people alone on the death bed is the only thing keeping each other together.

I see it as more the responsibilities that weigh older people down, house, car, marriage, kids. All straps you down is a pain to get the fuck out of.

A whineing teenager is ranting about parents, not original but who gives a shit.

...who gives a shit.

Discuss.

*No longer PaperBoy, due to a technicality involving a 'missing' energy drink, I am now TiredBoy...
General Forum
The Funniest BBS Typo

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Teenage relationships are stupid?.. 2011-02-17 16:43:44 Reply

What the fuck.

Anyways I always saw teenage relationships in high school. I found it hilarious how some girls would write Girl's Name + Boy's Name 4 Ever.

Riiiiight.

Although to be fair, there are teenage relationships that last all the way through and turn out well.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
Lorkas
Lorkas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Teenage relationships are stupid?.. 2011-02-17 16:46:33 Reply

Threads like these are very vulnerable to men with imaginary girlfriends. Careful when making these.

Anyways the point of teenage relationships is...Well I can't just generalise it like that. It depends on a specific relationship. It would be like calling all americans fat ignorant fucks who start wars based on nothing and then just say OH LOL NEVERMIND and expect the world to forget it or it's almost as stupid as calling americans retards for emphasising their tiny contribution to the World Wars.

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12
NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature
BrianEtrius
BrianEtrius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Teenage relationships are stupid?.. 2011-02-17 16:47:58 Reply

Teenage relationships ARE stupid, and I'm only a few years removed from my teenage years. The reason is you're still trying to figure out who you are, which, sad to say, does not occur until your 20s, so trying to pin down who you like is putting yourself in a corner.

New to Politics?/ Friend of the Devil/ I review writing! PM me
"Question everything generally thought to be obvious."-Dieter Rams

BBS Signature
chiefindomer
chiefindomer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Teenage relationships are stupid?.. 2011-02-17 16:48:24 Reply

At 2/17/11 04:43 PM, The-Great-One wrote: What the fuck.

Anyways I always saw teenage relationships in high school. I found it hilarious how some girls would write Girl's Name + Boy's Name 4 Ever.

Riiiiight.

Although to be fair, there are teenage relationships that last all the way through and turn out well.

Yeah, my brother has been dating the same girl since he was 16 and he's now 26.

BBS Signature
Squidbit
Squidbit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Teenage relationships are stupid?.. 2011-02-17 16:50:54 Reply

I think when people say that teenage relationships are stupid, they really mean the "Hey, wanna go out?" "Sure" "Cool, I love you soooooooo much, we're gonna be together forever" relationships. Cause those ones are fucking stupid.
The relationships with people that actually see something worthwhile in their partner aren't so bad though.

AgroNurse
AgroNurse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Teenage relationships are stupid?.. 2011-02-17 16:52:15 Reply

At 2/17/11 04:48 PM, chiefindomer wrote:

Your brother is the exception, not the rule.

I think it's good for younger kids to experience relationships, but it annoys me when the drama spills over on public sites for everyone to see.

BBS Signature
Falonefal
Falonefal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Filmmaker
Response to Teenage relationships are stupid?.. 2011-02-17 16:54:12 Reply

12 year old hanging around and making out is the most funny and stupid thing I've ever seen at the same time.

You can derive my opinion from that statement on this matter.

Tick Tock

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Teenage relationships are stupid?.. 2011-02-17 16:54:34 Reply

Teenage relationships are good fun and they are also training for college relationships and adult relationships. It is just good fun most of the time as long as your don't take it too seriously.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Ryanson
Ryanson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Teenage relationships are stupid?.. 2011-02-17 16:55:29 Reply

OP mad that he's not in a relationship.

Life is a performance, and the world is full of critics. Give it your all like it's your last show.
You don't even want to know

BBS Signature
TiredPaperBoy
TiredPaperBoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Teenage relationships are stupid?.. 2011-02-17 17:04:20 Reply

At 2/17/11 04:47 PM, BrianEtrius wrote: Teenage relationships ARE stupid, and I'm only a few years removed from my teenage years. The reason is you're still trying to figure out who you are

I'm doing what now?

which, sad to say, does not occur until your 20s, so trying to pin down who you like is putting yourself in a corner.

I have no idea what your trying to tell me, but I have the impulse to say "no".

At 2/17/11 04:52 PM, AgroNurse wrote:

Yes.

I think it's good for younger kids to experience relationships, but it annoys me when the drama spills over on public sites for everyone to see.

That's fucking hilarious to me.

At 2/17/11 04:55 PM, Ryanson wrote: OP mad that he's not in a relationship.

8months of solid loving sex... hellz yah! =D

Nah, I'm not angry at the teens, I know I'm almost not gonna be with the same person till I'm dead, that's fucking fairy tale bollocks and I'm a realist, so is she.

I'm pissed when the dumbass generation that raised us, has the fucking integrity, to call us stupid when they themselves are in the worst possible fucking relationship status... living with someone you hate 90% of the time coz your afraid or too weak to end it... I can not fathom the words to describe how I feel about that lol

Brb. Skins is on for the UK.

*No longer PaperBoy, due to a technicality involving a 'missing' energy drink, I am now TiredBoy...
General Forum
The Funniest BBS Typo

BBS Signature
Ryanson
Ryanson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Teenage relationships are stupid?.. 2011-02-17 17:06:09 Reply

At 2/17/11 05:04 PM, TiredPaperBoy wrote: 8months of solid loving sex... hellz yah! =D

Mmmhhhmmmm you sure showed meeee.

Life is a performance, and the world is full of critics. Give it your all like it's your last show.
You don't even want to know

BBS Signature
JoshuaKidder
JoshuaKidder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Teenage relationships are stupid?.. 2011-02-17 17:17:16 Reply

Teenage relationships are stupid as fuck. I'm a teenager, I know this. But we tend to ignore that fact, since we're pumped all full of hormones and shit. That, and we're afraid of being alone. It's a fact that someone who is single is more likely to be depressed, a la the "Nobody loves me, I hate life" point of view. What's the point of this thread again?

sixflab
sixflab
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Gamer
Response to Teenage relationships are stupid?.. 2011-02-17 18:08:24 Reply

Most people have relationships that don't turn out how they planned. It's why you shouldn't have high expectations and wait til you at least mature a bit. Too much pressure and sex everywhere for young kids these days and it only ends up causing problems.

Jon
Jon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Teenage relationships are stupid?.. 2011-02-17 18:09:43 Reply

They're overvalued because the whole experience is still relativity new to both parties.

hello

chiefindomer
chiefindomer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Teenage relationships are stupid?.. 2011-02-17 18:16:35 Reply

Did I claim otherwise?

BBS Signature
RalphieUJ
RalphieUJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Blank Slate
Response to Teenage relationships are stupid?.. 2011-02-17 18:24:15 Reply

At 2/17/11 05:12 PM, Otto wrote: They're stupid but they're a necessary part of a growing up process. If you miss out on them you're going to find it harder when you're older. Everyone here who says they're a waste of time is jelly.

Exactly, you just need to experience them as stupid as they might seem.

As simple as that.

"Aww man I shot marvin in the face..."
Last.fm

BBS Signature
Shnam
Shnam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Teenage relationships are stupid?.. 2011-02-17 18:46:05 Reply

At 2/17/11 05:12 PM, Otto wrote: They're stupid but they're a necessary part of a growing up process. If you miss out on them you're going to find it harder when you're older. Everyone here who says they're a waste of time is jelly.

Pretty much this. Everyone could use a little experience before they actually try dating for realsies.

Thnx for the sig ParadoxVoid
i look like a ballplaya

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to Teenage relationships are stupid?.. 2011-02-17 18:54:40 Reply

Teenage relationships shouldn't really be taken seriously since they are thinking more with their raging hormones rather than their heart and mind.

also it's more like puppy love than a relationship

<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
Deadly-Shadow
Deadly-Shadow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to Teenage relationships are stupid?.. 2011-02-17 19:00:59 Reply

They're stupid if you're expecting a serious relationship out of it, but it helps you build your social skills and gives yourself a good idea about what kind of person you would like to date in the future. It can also boost your confidence knowing that you've been able to have a relationship. You'll feel depressed in the future because you'll trick yourself into thinking that you'll never be with anyone.

BBS Signature
ImlunchBoxx
ImlunchBoxx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Teenage relationships are stupid?.. 2011-02-17 19:12:43 Reply

ya but they sure do feel good

BBS Signature
Manatee
Manatee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Teenage relationships are stupid?.. 2011-02-17 19:16:08 Reply

All of mine were prepubescent. :)

Space.

BBS Signature
Onepiece285
Onepiece285
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Melancholy
Response to Teenage relationships are stupid?.. 2011-02-17 19:17:29 Reply

Man, parents just don't understand.

\\\Da Blackhawks\\\--///Dancing preteen butts///--\\\2014 NHL Playoffs Discussion\\\--///Dancing Psyduck Dauntly Reaching///

BBS Signature
PuRpLe-KusH
PuRpLe-KusH
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Teenage relationships are stupid?.. 2011-02-17 19:24:36 Reply

I think there just something to do in highschool. I only had 1 REAL girlfriend in HS ; then after that experience I said unless I plan on marrying the girl, its a waste of time for me to limit myself to just ONE girl. You have to test the waters before you dive in and possibly drown.

BBS Signature
VGmasters
VGmasters
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Teenage relationships are stupid?.. 2011-02-17 19:34:17 Reply

Love is blind

That's all I can say.

UltimateAxl
UltimateAxl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Teenage relationships are stupid?.. 2011-02-17 19:39:17 Reply

Relationships aren't about love. It's about how much you can get hurt to be loved by someone else.

Teenage relationships are just the beginning. I'd rather enjoy the little things before the pain starts knocking at your front door.

Not needed, non needed, no one bled.

Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Teenage relationships are stupid?.. 2011-02-17 19:50:34 Reply

They are only stupid if you are unhappy in the relationship.

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

InsertFunnyUserName
InsertFunnyUserName
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to Teenage relationships are stupid?.. 2011-02-17 20:05:59 Reply

I'm pissed when the dumbass generation that raised us, has the fucking integrity, to call us stupid when they themselves are in the worst possible fucking relationship status... living with someone you hate 90% of the time coz your afraid or too weak to end it... I can not fathom the words to describe how I feel about that lol

Not all marriages end badly. Statistically, about fifty percent of them do which means that fifty percent of them don't. That's a lot more than you can say for high school relationships. How many teenage relationships actually last more than a couple years at most? Not fifty percent, that's for sure. The percentage is almost certainly a single digit number. Suffice to say, I think that you're underestimating the structural integrity of adults' relationships.

Generally, eenage relationships don't last for a number of reasons. First of all, the participants have no experience dealing with having any sort of partner, not to mention a long term partner. This leads to naive mistakes. Secondly, teenagers are flooded with hormones and their impulse control is limited. These are symptoms of the stage of neurological development that lasts from the beginning of puberty to around age 25. Thirdly, also as a result of their stage of neurological development, teenagers' capacity for empathy is lower than that of adults. That means that they don't have as great of an ability to understand the perspectives, positions and actions of their partners. Fourthly, the majority of teenagers are insecure on one level or another, so they have a greater propensity for jealously, over-protectiveness and/or issues with self-deprecation. Lastly, the majority of teenagers are dealing with identity issues, so emotionally, they're not in a good position to maintain a lasting relationship.

By the way, this is coming from someone of your age range, so the reason that I believe this is not because I have some sort of holier-than-thou mindset.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature
Eclipse
Eclipse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Teenage relationships are stupid?.. 2011-02-17 20:07:49 Reply

dude who gives a fuck if they're stupid, if you enjoy it, take advantage of it, lol. it doesnt really matter what other people think anyways, i mean of course you should take other peoples opinions into consideration, but really who cares.

just my 2 cents haha

The Stoner's Club
Current PC: Windows 7 Ultimate, AMD Radeon HD 6320, 4GB RAM, 1.25TB HD, 1.65GHz AMD APU

BBS Signature
Zippy-MyMusic
Zippy-MyMusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Teenage relationships are stupid?.. 2011-02-17 20:10:35 Reply

this is why i dont mess with relationships anymore.

They never last, and I honestly dont want them to. I don't want a ball n' chain until im around 30 or so. And the whole "gotta get laid" thing is kind of stupid.

have fun with your kids, bub.

dont breed if you cant feed.