00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mike181 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Free Sample Pack Made By Me.

6,760 Views | 48 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Free Sample Pack Made By Me. 2011-02-17 12:34:46

FREE TRASHY DRUM, VIOLIN and MISC. SOUNDS SAMPLE PACK

So... i recently acquired one really good recording mic. I already have a drumset, a violin, some other instruments and other miscellaneous stuff in my house.
Here are some items I might include for samples.
Cowbell
Stylophone (Google it if you dont know what it is)
Semi hollow body gibson epiphone guitar (not plugged into amp because the jack needs repairing)
Anything i can do with my mouth (or genitals)
2 small and very vocal dogs (Chihuahua and Italian Greyhound)
Blender
Microwave beeps and sounds
Anything i can hit with a drumstick
A small Jar of change (mostly quarters and dimes)
A Toilet
ETC> ETC>ETC>

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in a sample pack of drum hits, rolls, flams, short beats, and noises i make with a violin that cannot be tuned and i have no idea how to play amongst other things i mentioned above.

If i get enough requests for this sample pack I'll create it for everyones use for free.

I will also be taking sound requests (try to make the request something i can record in my house)

Regarding full set drum beats you have to remember i only have ONE mic and my set is in a room with WAY TOO MUCH ECHO coming from the walls and lack of furniture, so it is going to sound pretty trashy.

I could record Hi-Hat and snare beats in semi ok clarity.

And if you are going to make a request for drumbeats please specify BPM.

As i make the samples i will be posting them, so if you are interested in requests or just free sounds keep this thread bookmarked and check for updates.

I will also post a picture of the condenser mic i have when i get home cause i completely forget the model

Response to Free Sample Pack Made By Me. 2011-02-17 12:53:15

If you could read each letter in the phonetic alphabet properly that would be fun to have samples of.

BBS Signature

Response to Free Sample Pack Made By Me. 2011-02-17 12:56:24

I'd be interested. Can never have too many samples!

Response to Free Sample Pack Made By Me. 2011-02-17 15:08:10

At 2/17/11 02:54 PM, Alchemist94 wrote: I'd love some one shot drum samples :)

I'll be doing
cymbal hits (bell hits, side stick crash, stick tip hits, different areas of the cymbals)
snare hits (rimshot, center hits, stick on rim etc.)
hi hats (open, closed, open bell, closed bell, quick impact accents, side stick and stick tip shots etc)
toms (will be hitting each area of the toms in different velocities... but i gotta tune them suckers first hahaha)
kick (different velocity kicks and different mic positions)
Cowbell (MOAR of it) - (in different velocities)

I'll keep it nice and organized when i upload it so you know what is what.

At 2/17/11 12:53 PM, InvisibleObserver wrote: If you could read each letter in the phonetic alphabet properly that would be fun to have samples of.

Soooo. you want me to read each letter the way it sounds? like - aaa, Buh, cah, duh, e, fffffffff......?

Response to Free Sample Pack Made By Me. 2011-02-17 15:23:49

Will they be available in WAV files?

Response to Free Sample Pack Made By Me. 2011-02-17 15:24:30

At 2/17/11 03:23 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Will they be available in WAV files?

Yes they will =)

Response to Free Sample Pack Made By Me. 2011-02-17 18:46:37

At 2/17/11 03:08 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote:
At 2/17/11 12:53 PM, InvisibleObserver wrote: If you could read each letter in the phonetic alphabet properly that would be fun to have samples of.
Soooo. you want me to read each letter the way it sounds? like - aaa, Buh, cah, duh, e, fffffffff......?

Something like that, I'm going to refer to a friend then I'll get back to you on this.

BBS Signature

Response to Free Sample Pack Made By Me. 2011-02-17 20:51:45

I would enjoy a number of random yells, screams, cries, etc etc. Just to spice everything up, and have general fun with.

The day BBS broke

That picture is a link. Links were meant to be clicked. Do not deny the link its purpose in life.

PS - Its a song.

BBS Signature

Response to Free Sample Pack Made By Me. 2011-02-17 21:46:13

Vocal samples are always much needed, at least for me, so I'd appreciate some. Just do whatever comes to mind, a short phrase that would sound cool in electronic or whatever.

Response to Free Sample Pack Made By Me. 2011-02-18 03:53:42

Having a violin means having the bow as well. You can try to record some bowed cymbals then.

Recording a electric guitar, even hollow body, just with mic is not really useful, try to fix it and make a good guitar library.

Response to Free Sample Pack Made By Me. 2011-02-18 09:46:55

At 2/17/11 03:24 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote:
At 2/17/11 03:23 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Will they be available in WAV files?
Yes they will =)

Oh goody, PRESET LOOP TIME! :D

Response to Free Sample Pack Made By Me. 2011-02-18 11:15:56

At 2/18/11 03:53 AM, sorohanro wrote: Having a violin means having the bow as well. You can try to record some bowed cymbals then.

THAT is an AMAZING idea that i would have never thought of.... not exactly sure where to rub the cymbal with the bow but i would guess the very edge of it.

Regarding my guitar since its a semi hollow body epiphone there is no way to get to the input except for the S shaped openings on either side of the pickups....you need special tools to get inside and fix the input.

The guy at the music store said it might cost alot depending on what the problem is.... if the input needs to be replaced it will cost me more than a simple soldering solution. But maybe ill just go to mandolin brothers and get a second opinion.

RECORDING

I should be able to have up the simple vocal requests by sunday morning. ill most likely be doing the recordings this saturday night...probably drunk...
The drum hits i might be able to record them on sunday but that depends on what is going on sunday as it is my only day off from work this coming week.

Response to Free Sample Pack Made By Me. 2011-02-18 21:05:22

This is the mic i recently acquired.

Response to Free Sample Pack Made By Me. 2011-02-18 23:01:39

make sure you sample the guitar with the bow as well.

EP2 out now! Download it for free :).

soundcloud | newgrounds

Response to Free Sample Pack Made By Me. 2011-02-19 02:38:54

I would use something like that, for sure. No melodies or anything though. Those are always lame; with preset melodies, the talent required is gone and nothing is unique. In my opinion of course :)

BBS Signature

Response to Free Sample Pack Made By Me. 2011-02-19 04:59:24

Maybe some quick vocals like 'Yeeeea!', 'whooo!' 'Here we go!', 'ah!' or whatever you can think of. That'll work well.

Everyone has a sig... Except me. :(

Response to Free Sample Pack Made By Me. 2011-02-19 13:09:54

At 2/18/11 11:01 PM, sculpted-cold wrote: make sure you sample the guitar with the bow as well.

Im not sure if that will make much sound, but if it does... consider it recorded.

At 2/19/11 02:38 AM, dj-Nate wrote: I would use something like that, for sure. No melodies or anything though. Those are always lame; with preset melodies, the talent required is gone and nothing is unique. In my opinion of course :)

yeah, the only multi note samples will be glissandos (falls and rises) on the violin. i may record individual notes on the guitar and separate each note in wav format so it can br used in a sampler so you literally play the guitar notes on your keyboard normally.

At 2/19/11 04:59 AM, TeHLoY wrote: Maybe some quick vocals like 'Yeeeea!', 'whooo!' 'Here we go!', 'ah!' or whatever you can think of. That'll work well.

Thats exactly what i will be recording tonight amongst another few things. i don't have work tomorrow so i can stay up nice and late and get it done.

Response to Free Sample Pack Made By Me. 2011-02-19 15:33:18

At 2/19/11 01:09 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote:
Thats exactly what i will be recording tonight amongst another few things. i don't have work tomorrow so i can stay up nice and late and get it done.

Im looking forward to it!

The day BBS broke

That picture is a link. Links were meant to be clicked. Do not deny the link its purpose in life.

PS - Its a song.

BBS Signature

Response to Free Sample Pack Made By Me. 2011-02-19 21:56:35

I want them.

now.

Response to Free Sample Pack Made By Me. 2011-02-19 22:11:30

At 2/18/11 11:01 PM, sculpted-cold wrote: make sure you sample the guitar with the bow as well.

also hammered

Response to Free Sample Pack Made By Me. 2011-02-20 00:02:55

this is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much fun... prepare for a bunch of weird shit

Response to Free Sample Pack Made By Me. 2011-02-20 16:25:33

Ok. i just have to do a little bit of editing.. bounce the wav files and label everything.... there is over 100 vocal samples comming up. Some czn be used very easily. some are just silly. i guess its up to you guys what you do with them.

BTW i say fuck and fuckinnnnn A LOT in some of the samples.

Response to Free Sample Pack Made By Me. 2011-02-20 16:34:58

Sounds interesting :D
Looking forward to use them... and maybe doing some test tracks as well.
KKS

Response to Free Sample Pack Made By Me. 2011-02-20 17:01:37

Cant wait, I should have fun with this.

The day BBS broke

PS - Its a song.

BBS Signature

Response to Free Sample Pack Made By Me. 2011-02-20 17:40:15

you could go sonic youth style and use a cowbell, a drumstick, and a coffee mug as slide for the guitar .

apparently I'm clever enough to declare myself as a dumbass

Response to Free Sample Pack Made By Me. 2011-02-20 19:23:48

OK SO HERE IT IS!

170 wav files.
Laughs
Screaming
Dumb comments
Singing..(not much)
Spanish
Yelling
Spikkrod being made fun of while he sat in stickam not listing to us working on his GAME JAM submission
and MOAR.

So after recording about 45 samples i decided to open the stickam room and asked Chronomut, Spikrodd, Acid-paradox, and krsvvr (did i spell that right?) to make suggestions for things i should record. They typed it out. I said it. There is also just some conversational stuff in the as well.

I labeled everything as best as i could considering the amount of files i had to name.

File is 81.43mb

Link To Download Vocal Pack From MegaUpload

Response to Free Sample Pack Made By Me. 2011-02-20 20:17:08

these are gold. muchas gracias senor

Response to Free Sample Pack Made By Me. 2011-02-20 22:59:45

Lol krsvvr

"I want to care but I just... don't" -Me

Need somewhere to host audio instantly?

BBS Signature

Response to Free Sample Pack Made By Me. 2011-02-20 23:09:39

Some of those made me laugh extremely hard. But anyways this should lead to hours of fun.

The day BBS broke

PS - Its a song.

BBS Signature

Response to Free Sample Pack Made By Me. 2011-02-21 01:34:17

So these samples are public domain yes? Cuz I already have a spot for a track that one vocal clip works perfect for replacing the copyright movie samples that are in my track originally. This would be a commercial release as well.