TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Game Jam, VOTE, MvC3, AYB, MindMeld Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 08:49 AM Reply

Newgrounds Game Jam 3 begins this Friday morning at 12am and will run until Sunday night at 11:50pm. We will be announcing the individual team themes THURSDAY NIGHT at 9PM EST via live broadcast, so technically you can get started a few hours early. To maximize the team assignment experience, I am programming the IdeaTron, a robot that will literally crap out game ideas based on the nouns, verbs and adjectives submitted in response to AustinBreed's post. Teams are signing up in this thread so join up IF YOU'RE SERIOUS ABOUT IT! Good games should expect good publicity and everyone will have lots of fun.

GET READY TO VOTE FOR CASTLE CRASHERS in the category of Best PS3 Downloadable Game of 2010! Voting starts Feb 22.

Check out the Flash MindMeld, a collection of one minute talks by people prominent in the Flash scene! I'm proud to be right there in the top row, although I guess technically I was bested by Brad Borne and his beautiful mustache. ...CONGRATS, BRAD!

On February 24th we will be hosting the Philadelphia Flash Platform AUG here at the office. If you're a local developer and have a serious interest in the talks they've lined up, RSVP on the PFPAUG site and attend!

This past week we decided to make some "rejected promo spots" for Marvel vs Capcom 3. It was gonna be a collab but those always get out of hand so we said F it. Just2pale worked through the night to join in and I think more are coming.

IS1508 just brought it to my attention that today is the ten year anniversary of All Your Base being posted on Newgrounds.

WHAT A DECADE, RIGHT?

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
citricsquid
citricsquid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Game Jam, VOTE, MvC3, AYB, MindMeld Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 08:52 AM Reply

i bought castle crashers on psn but then i forgot to play it is it worth playing i'll vote for it even if i don't really think its the best game ever just for you tom

also congrats brad, where have i heard that before... did you say it in a video somewhere, i keep hearing it in my head in your voice, congrats brad... was it a tank award or something?

Ronald-McDonald-LoL
Ronald-McDonald-LoL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Game Jam, VOTE, MvC3, AYB, MindMeld Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 08:53 AM Reply

Impressive. I can't even remember what I was doing ten years ago.
Keep up the good work!

Dora Revolution | Descent Club | EGB | Sig by byteslinger. Click for my Twitch channel.

BBS Signature
Manly-Chicken
Manly-Chicken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Game Developer
sebaboss
sebaboss
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Game Jam, VOTE, MvC3, AYB, MindMeld Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 09:03 AM Reply

DAMN I love that marvel vs. capcom group sex products. <3

everything, by me ;)

Magical-Zorse
Magical-Zorse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 38
Melancholy
Response to Game Jam, VOTE, MvC3, AYB, MindMeld Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 09:22 AM Reply

I'll vote for cc when I get back

BBS Signature
obto
obto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Game Jam, VOTE, MvC3, AYB, MindMeld Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 09:59 AM Reply

Thanks for posting about the event Tom! Was great working with you.

Pikanjo
Pikanjo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to Game Jam, VOTE, MvC3, AYB, MindMeld Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 10:05 AM Reply

At 2/16/11 08:49 AM, TomFulp wrote: I am programming the IdeaTron, a robot that will literally crap out game ideas based on the nouns, verbs and adjectives submitted in response to AustinBreed's post.

I can only imagine the high-caliber plots we're about to see.

Gimmick
Gimmick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Game Developer
Response to Game Jam, VOTE, MvC3, AYB, MindMeld Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 10:06 AM Reply

can't the game jam 3 be a little bit longer? please? pretty please?
I'm going somewhere from friday to next tuesday and I won't be able to publish any games as I won't have my laptop D:

eh, this sucks, stuff has to happen all the time for me.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp
"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Game Jam, VOTE, MvC3, AYB, MindMeld Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 10:15 AM Reply

At 2/16/11 10:05 AM, Pikanjo wrote:
At 2/16/11 08:49 AM, TomFulp wrote: I am programming the IdeaTron, a robot that will literally crap out game ideas based on the nouns, verbs and adjectives submitted in response to AustinBreed's post.
I can only imagine the high-caliber plots we're about to see.

They will be the best game ideas EVER.

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Game Jam, VOTE, MvC3, AYB, MindMeld Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 10:15 AM Reply

At 2/16/11 09:36 AM, Otto wrote: Gutted that I won't be able to join in and write a story, is this magical machine going to be there for the movie jams too? I have too much college work to be able to do so much in 48 hours.

If it works well we could roll him out for other events down the road.

BBS Signature
biosfreak
biosfreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Game Developer
Response to Game Jam, VOTE, MvC3, AYB, MindMeld Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 10:24 AM Reply

At 2/16/11 10:06 AM, sanjeev98 wrote: can't the game jam 3 be a little bit longer? please? pretty please?
I'm going somewhere from friday to next tuesday and I won't be able to publish any games as I won't have my laptop D:

eh, this sucks, stuff has to happen all the time for me.

im really sorry for you :(

this picture might cheer you up:

Game Jam, VOTE, MvC3, AYB, MindMeld

Oh the dragons balls were blazin' As I stepped into his cave.
Then I sliced his fuckin' cockles, With my long and shiney blade!

BBS Signature
RicePirate
RicePirate
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to Game Jam, VOTE, MvC3, AYB, MindMeld Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 10:45 AM Reply

How does one attain the loader intro and ending for the spots?

Aside from ripping?

<3

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to Game Jam, VOTE, MvC3, AYB, MindMeld Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 11:13 AM Reply

At 2/16/11 08:49 AM, TomFulp wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/11 940
WHAT A DECADE, RIGHT?

Oh hell yes! I was thinking about AYB today and how it's been 10 years since the phenomenon started. Wow, time really goes by.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ]

Formerly Bahamut

maxvm
maxvm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Filmmaker
Response to Game Jam, VOTE, MvC3, AYB, MindMeld Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 11:30 AM Reply

At 2/16/11 08:49 AM, TomFulp wrote: This past week we decided to make some "rejected promo spots" for Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Jeff did an exceptional job, as always.

IS1508 just brought it to my attention that today is the ten year anniversary of All Your Base

Time flies fast...

Visiting Newgrounds Since 2003

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to Game Jam, VOTE, MvC3, AYB, MindMeld Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 11:38 AM Reply

How is JohnnyUtah allowed to be so awesome? All the commercials were great but his, as usual adds just another class to hilarity and greatness.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Gimmick
Gimmick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Game Developer
Response to Game Jam, VOTE, MvC3, AYB, MindMeld Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 11:41 AM Reply

At 2/16/11 10:24 AM, biosfreak wrote:
At 2/16/11 10:06 AM, sanjeev98 wrote:
im really sorry for you :(

this picture might cheer you up:

Uhh....ooookay?
Still, I found out that it requires a fellow user or something, and I don't know any who haven't left NG that are good. Also, I found out that it requires making games rapidly or something. Does that mean that what i'm working on for 7 months now, can't be submitted? If so, then disregard what i said previously, i'm horrible at creating things without planning on it for atleast 3 days if it can be good :|

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp
"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature
neeko
neeko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Animator
Response to Game Jam, VOTE, MvC3, AYB, MindMeld Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 12:56 PM Reply

Awesomeness. Flash Platform AUG at your office sounds amazing.

test-object
test-object
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Artist
Response to Game Jam, VOTE, MvC3, AYB, MindMeld Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 01:08 PM Reply

Marvel versus Capcom does not feature a Castle Crasher. I'm not buying it.

A rather disgusting-looking git that should have been disposed of ages ago.

BBS Signature
ViceFullbuster
ViceFullbuster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Melancholy
Response to Game Jam, VOTE, MvC3, AYB, MindMeld Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 01:24 PM Reply

At 2/16/11 08:49 AM, TomFulp wrote: Newgrounds Game Jam 3 begins this Friday morning at 12am and will run until Sunday night at 11:50pm. We will be announcing the individual team themes THURSDAY NIGHT at 9PM EST via live broadcast, so technically you can get started a few hours early. To maximize the team assignment experience, I am programming the IdeaTron, a robot that will literally crap out game ideas based on the nouns, verbs and adjectives submitted in response to AustinBreed's post. Teams are signing up in this thread so join up IF YOU'RE SERIOUS ABOUT IT! Good games should expect good publicity and everyone will have lots of fun.

Good luck to everyone who is involved,can't wait for the great new flash submissions. :D

GET READY TO VOTE FOR CASTLE CRASHERS in the category of Best PS3 Downloadable Game of 2010! Voting starts Feb 22.

I'll be voting for CC but good look beating Scott Pilgrim cause that game was pretty awesome & popular as well.

This past week we decided to make some "rejected promo spots" for Marvel vs Capcom 3. It was gonna be a collab but those always get out of hand so we said F it. Just2pale worked through the night to join in and I think more are coming.

It seemed like it would have been a great & traditional collab but indeed fuck it some flash is better than no flash and glad to see you guys representing MVC3 with it being such a badass game i especially loved the Iron Man promo. :)

IS1508 just brought it to my attention that today is the ten year anniversary of All Your Base being posted on Newgrounds.
WHAT A DECADE, RIGHT?

Has it really been 10 years already,i don't think i was around when the first All Your Base was released but i was around when the era was around with all the parody flashes of AYB,great times for cheap laughter. :)

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature
Hacsev
Hacsev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Game Jam, VOTE, MvC3, AYB, MindMeld Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 02:02 PM Reply

Cool! Looking forward to the NG Jam and I'll try to vote for Castle Crashers!

$$$ | Sig by TheDingo | Awesome Art | "Thread Killer" - Hacsev

BBS Signature
reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Movie Buff
Response to Game Jam, VOTE, MvC3, AYB, MindMeld Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 02:21 PM Reply

All your base is ten years old now? Wow, time really flies when you're having fun.

Two of my favorite parodies:

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature
Tyler
Tyler
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Animator
Response to Game Jam, VOTE, MvC3, AYB, MindMeld Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 02:23 PM Reply

On February 24th we will be hosting the Philadelphia Flash Platform AUG here at the office. If you're a local developer and have a serious interest in the talks they've lined up, RSVP on the PFPAUG site and attend!

For the Philadelphia Flash Platform AUG, can only prominent/established developers attend- or can those of us interested in getting into the scene attend as well?

Drake
Drake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Audiophile
Response to Game Jam, VOTE, MvC3, AYB, MindMeld Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 02:30 PM Reply

I look forward to seeing all of the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 flashes.

Ryan
Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Game Jam, VOTE, MvC3, AYB, MindMeld Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 03:05 PM Reply

I like how Johnny Utah sounded exactly the same as he does in all of his other flash.

Some things just never change.

Afro-Ninja
Afro-Ninja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to Game Jam, VOTE, MvC3, AYB, MindMeld Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 03:18 PM Reply

At 2/16/11 08:49 AM, TomFulp wrote: although I guess technically I was bested by Brad Borne and his beautiful mustache. ...CONGRATS, BRAD!

better than barely ahead of mr x y and z :*(

awesome, done and done

BBS Signature
A-Plain-Name
A-Plain-Name
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to Game Jam, VOTE, MvC3, AYB, MindMeld Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 04:22 PM Reply

good funny stuff. i liked the MvC3 flash.
voted on all submissions early morning when they were being submitted to the portal.

NOTE: PSN Illegal-Product or ILLEGALPRODUCT

BBS Signature
ForNoReason
ForNoReason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Voice Actor
Response to Game Jam, VOTE, MvC3, AYB, MindMeld Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 04:32 PM Reply

Wish I could join the fun on this one, but sadly I have a lot on my plate right now. Glad this is a monthly event now. Makes me less depressed when I cant contribute to know I dont have to wait long.

II II lI

BBS Signature
Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to Game Jam, VOTE, MvC3, AYB, MindMeld Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 04:46 PM Reply

OH TOM YOU SO PRINGLES WHERE YO CURLY MUSTACHE AT

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature
Carbonwater
Carbonwater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Animator
Response to Game Jam, VOTE, MvC3, AYB, MindMeld Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 04:47 PM Reply

Should put the MvC3 preloader and outro up for grabs so everyone can make their very own silly character parody thing.