New Topic Respond to this Topic
Manly-Chicken
Manly-Chicken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Game Developer
Unofficial Jam Team Request Thread! Feb. 15th, 2011 @ 03:55 PM Reply

With game jam 3 sign ups underway, people are rushing to find teammates, and not get randomly assigned to dead weight losers. But not anymore! This is an unofficial thread that will help you find a teammate that's compatible with you!

INSTRUCTIONS

Type what position you are (i.e. programmer, artist, musician, voice actor, etc), what teammates you are looking for, if your in a team already then the name of the team and other teammate(s), your amount of experience in your position, actionscript version (programmers only), what version of flash you use, and an example of your work.
PM THE PERSON IF YOU WANT TO COLLAB WITH THEM. DON'T DISCUSS IN THIS THREAD!

EXAMPLE

And also my request for teammates.

Programmer. I am looking for 2 Artists and a Wild-card, I have 2 years experience, I use actionscript 2, and I use flash cs3

GOT IT?

BBS Signature
CrazyRock
CrazyRock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Movie Buff
Response to Unofficial Jam Team Request Thread! Feb. 15th, 2011 @ 04:19 PM Reply

Writer/Animator

I don't have any examples of writing,but belive me i am good :)

And for Animating,check my profile,i can't post something here,IDK why,forum dosen't let me :)

Thanks Chdonga for the signature. <3

BBS Signature
Abruption
Abruption
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Unofficial Jam Team Request Thread! Feb. 15th, 2011 @ 05:05 PM Reply

Hey. So, I'm basically your average amateur writer/creative consultant who's been trying to find a team to work with for quite a while now. I'm generally a newbie when it comes to working in teams, so I really don't mind collaborating with anyone in almost any concept since I'm starting out and all.

If you want to see an example of my work, here it is. By the way, I'm also an animator, but I lack the funds to afford a tablet. :(

Manly-Chicken
Manly-Chicken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Game Developer
Response to Unofficial Jam Team Request Thread! Feb. 15th, 2011 @ 05:12 PM Reply

At 2/15/11 05:05 PM, Abruption wrote: Hey. So, I'm basically your average amateur writer/creative consultant who's been trying to find a team to work with for quite a while now. I'm generally a newbie when it comes to working in teams, so I really don't mind collaborating with anyone in almost any concept since I'm starting out and all.

If you want to see an example of my work, here it is. By the way, I'm also an animator, but I lack the funds to afford a tablet. :(

Quick tip: Writers/creative people will be needed less this game jam, as the theme will be randomly assigned to each team and be much more specific than "summer heat" or "a world frozen over", and especially if they have no prior flash experience.

BBS Signature
CrazyRock
CrazyRock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Movie Buff
Response to Unofficial Jam Team Request Thread! Feb. 15th, 2011 @ 05:32 PM Reply

What about me? :(

BBS Signature
Manly-Chicken
Manly-Chicken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Game Developer
Response to Unofficial Jam Team Request Thread! Feb. 15th, 2011 @ 05:35 PM Reply

At 2/15/11 05:32 PM, RockOn12 wrote: What about me? :(

You should probably get a little more experience under your belt before you tackle a game jam...

BBS Signature
CrazyRock
CrazyRock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Movie Buff
Response to Unofficial Jam Team Request Thread! Feb. 15th, 2011 @ 05:37 PM Reply

At 2/15/11 05:35 PM, Manly-Chicken wrote:
You should probably get a little more experience under your belt before you tackle a game jam...

:@@ NOOOO! xD

BBS Signature
Manly-Chicken
Manly-Chicken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Game Developer
Response to Unofficial Jam Team Request Thread! Feb. 15th, 2011 @ 05:45 PM Reply

At 2/15/11 05:37 PM, RockOn12 wrote:
@@ NOOOO! xD

This isn't me looking for a team, btw, it's a thread for people to say they need a team...

BBS Signature
CrazyRock
CrazyRock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Movie Buff
Response to Unofficial Jam Team Request Thread! Feb. 15th, 2011 @ 05:46 PM Reply

I know,i am looking for one :D

BBS Signature
turtleco
turtleco
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Unofficial Jam Team Request Thread! Feb. 15th, 2011 @ 10:17 PM Reply

only people from the first game jam will ever be considered cool B)

BBS Signature
RedHarvest
RedHarvest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Animator
Response to Unofficial Jam Team Request Thread! Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 01:59 AM Reply

Myself, Nathaniel Milburn, and LetoVox need a programmer!

Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings

BBS Signature
Wallross
Wallross
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Programmer
Response to Unofficial Jam Team Request Thread! Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 03:21 AM Reply

At 2/16/11 01:59 AM, RedHarvest wrote: Myself, Nathaniel Milburn, and LetoVox need a programmer!

I sent you over a PM...

Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Unofficial Jam Team Request Thread! Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 04:09 AM Reply

I'm a writer looking for an animator for an idea I have.
More details will be given over a PM to all those interested.

I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
Nicholas-Deary
Nicholas-Deary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Animator
Response to Unofficial Jam Team Request Thread! Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 09:01 AM Reply

I'm looking for a team

BBS Signature
Pharfignewton
Pharfignewton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Unofficial Jam Team Request Thread! Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 09:32 AM Reply

You should too. All of the games you've ever made make you look like a programming noob.

4urentertainment
4urentertainment
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Unofficial Jam Team Request Thread! Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 09:33 AM Reply

I'm looking for artist(s).

Manly-Chicken
Manly-Chicken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Game Developer
Response to Unofficial Jam Team Request Thread! Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 09:42 AM Reply

At 2/16/11 09:32 AM, Pharfignewton wrote:
You should too. All of the games you've ever made make you look like a programming noob.

Yes.

BBS Signature
Gaycied
Gaycied
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to Unofficial Jam Team Request Thread! Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 11:53 AM Reply

At 2/15/11 04:19 PM, RockOn12 wrote: Writer/Animator

I don't have any examples of writing,but belive me i am good :)

And for Animating,check my profile,i can't post something here,IDK why,forum dosen't let me :)

I've seen your writing bitch, it fucking sucks ass.

DNoack757
DNoack757
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to Unofficial Jam Team Request Thread! Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 12:03 PM Reply

Artist/Animator open for team. Looks like a lot of fun. I'm free both all day Saturday and Sunday so I can get it done. Check my page for more of my work and stuff. Piece out!!

BBS Signature
CrazyRock
CrazyRock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Movie Buff
Response to Unofficial Jam Team Request Thread! Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 12:26 PM Reply

Pick me,i'm a writeeeer :DD

BBS Signature
Chameneon
Chameneon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Unofficial Jam Team Request Thread! Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 12:44 PM Reply

I am an artist available for work. I work free, and I use Skype to communicate. Feel free to talk to me every Saturday and Sunday. PM for Skype account info.

Poopoothegorilla
Poopoothegorilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Game Developer
Response to Unofficial Jam Team Request Thread! Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 01:58 PM Reply

Position: Artist
Flash: CS3

for examples just look at my profile

BBS Signature
Wurmy
Wurmy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Programmer
Response to Unofficial Jam Team Request Thread! Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 03:18 PM Reply

Programmer LF team.
I've participated in the last two Game Jams, here are those games:

Look at my profile for other examples.

I use AS3, Flash CS3.

BBS Signature
Nicholas-Deary
Nicholas-Deary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Animator
Response to Unofficial Jam Team Request Thread! Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 03:55 PM Reply

At 2/16/11 03:18 PM, Wurmy wrote: Programmer LF team.
I've participated in the last two Game Jams, here are those games:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/55 7931
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/54 2009
Look at my profile for other examples.

I use AS3, Flash CS3.

Hey man, you want to work on getting a team together? You seem like a good programmer.

BBS Signature
Nicholas-Deary
Nicholas-Deary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Animator
Response to Unofficial Jam Team Request Thread! Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 04:02 PM Reply

At 2/16/11 03:55 PM, Nicholas-Deary wrote: Hey man, you want to work on getting a team together? You seem like a good programmer.

oh wait, you use Flash CS3, damn I use CS5...nevermind.

BBS Signature
Wurmy
Wurmy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Programmer
Response to Unofficial Jam Team Request Thread! Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 04:38 PM Reply

At 2/16/11 04:02 PM, Nicholas-Deary wrote:
At 2/16/11 03:55 PM, Nicholas-Deary wrote: Hey man, you want to work on getting a team together? You seem like a good programmer.
oh wait, you use Flash CS3, damn I use CS5...nevermind.

Still possible to work together if we have another artist on the team with CS4 (port CS5 -> CS4 -> CS3), although I don't know of any available that have CS4 specifically.

BBS Signature
Nicholas-Deary
Nicholas-Deary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Animator
Response to Unofficial Jam Team Request Thread! Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 04:43 PM Reply

At 2/16/11 04:38 PM, Wurmy wrote: Still possible to work together if we have another artist on the team with CS4 (port CS5 -> CS4 -> CS3), although I don't know of any available that have CS4 specifically.

That is true, although it would be awkward to work with, we could make it work as long as we don't get all confused with the file types right at the end. I will have a look for any artists with Flash CS4, although I don't know hoe likely it will be finding someone considering that not many people use Flash CS4 for some reason.

But yeah, I hope we do find someone, it would be cool working with you.

BBS Signature
leocedia
leocedia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Unofficial Jam Team Request Thread! Feb. 17th, 2011 @ 04:29 AM Reply

Musician looking for a team, you can check out my stuff on my profile

NonPlusUltra
NonPlusUltra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Unofficial Jam Team Request Thread! Feb. 17th, 2011 @ 09:53 AM Reply

Hola! Our current team

Programmer: Manly-chicken
Musician: Schleif
"Artist": NonPlusUltra

is currently looking for another "Artist" if you feel big enough send us a pm, we'd appreciate it!

BBS Signature
JoSilver
JoSilver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Unofficial Jam Team Request Thread! Feb. 17th, 2011 @ 01:16 PM Reply

Looking for an extra team mate.

Team so far.

Me (programmer)
Fungasm (Artist)
FourSwordsKing (Not sure of Position not musician though)

Not looking for a team of a specific role.