Be a Supporter!

Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread

  • 5,118 Views
  • 161 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Overlord-Doomsday
Overlord-Doomsday
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-14 23:26:12 Reply

At 6/14/11 10:10 PM, Smorsh wrote: Ditto. Anyone else find the "That's one dead space marine" easter egg with Isaac Clarke from Dead Space?

I did. It was found in the Hive level. Besides that, Duke Nukem Forever has very funny easter eggs such as Private Jenkins that he just runs in and dies, then the Duke said, "Dammit, Leeroy!"

GiantDouche
GiantDouche
  • Member since: Feb. 27, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-14 23:46:04 Reply

At 6/14/11 11:26 PM, Overlord-Doomsday wrote: I did. It was found in the Hive level. Besides that, Duke Nukem Forever has very funny easter eggs such as Private Jenkins that he just runs in and dies, then the Duke said, "Dammit, Leeroy!"

that was the lamest video game reference i've ever seen

vai90
vai90
  • Member since: May. 3, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Musician
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-15 06:33:32 Reply

At 6/14/11 05:06 PM, GiantDouche wrote: opposed to duke nukem forever where you actually dont get a gun for the first 45 minutes of the game and get to enjoy cutscenes and turret sequences

yeah you're full of shit

lmao, 45 minutes. You mad?

GiantDouche
GiantDouche
  • Member since: Feb. 27, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-15 08:12:49 Reply

At 6/15/11 06:33 AM, vaifan90 wrote: lmao, 45 minutes. You mad?

not at all. most people in gaming communities who've played serious sam recognize that it's one of the funnest games ever, i don't care if you're too retarded to realize that.

vai90
vai90
  • Member since: May. 3, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Musician
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-15 08:39:35 Reply

At 6/15/11 08:12 AM, GiantDouche wrote:
At 6/15/11 06:33 AM, vaifan90 wrote: lmao, 45 minutes. You mad?
not at all. most people in gaming communities who've played serious sam recognize that it's one of the funnest games ever, i don't care if you're too retarded to realize that.

Yep, umad. Otherwise you wouldn't insult me so much, bc I don't like a certain game. Also read my initial post about it again and you'll see why YOU are coming off like a total dickhead right now.

I said "but I guess that's just me" and "no offence" for a reason.
No go back to sucking Serious Sam's dick some more.

vai90
vai90
  • Member since: May. 3, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Musician
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-15 08:40:39 Reply

Lol, I didn't even bother to take a close look at your username. Suits you well my friend.

Squidbit
Squidbit
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Animator
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-15 09:43:26 Reply

At 6/15/11 08:40 AM, vaifan90 wrote: Lol, I didn't even bother to take a close look at your username. Suits you well my friend.

It seems you're the one that's mad, not him.

GiantDouche
GiantDouche
  • Member since: Feb. 27, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-15 10:27:31 Reply

At 6/15/11 08:39 AM, vaifan90 wrote: Yep, umad. Otherwise you wouldn't insult me so much, bc I don't like a certain game. Also read my initial post about it again and you'll see why YOU are coming off like a total dickhead right now.

you: serious sam 3 is boring
me: dnf is boring
you: LOL U MAD????
me: no, a lot of people like ss moron
you: U MAD LOL

No I'm not mad, I'm pretty great actually. When I read people with uninformed opinions it annoys me. DNF is probably worth picking up when it's cheaper but from what I've seen it's definitely NOT as good as Serious Sam, I don't think they're even comparable. Serious Sam is constant action with exploration and puzzle solving elements. The game elements, story, and dialog never take away from the core experience. This isn't the case with DNF where story and pointless mechanics take priority over FUN much more often than they should. Serious Sam has flaws but it's a near perfectly executed shooter, DNF's flaws are too numerous and great. I played the demo of DNF when I preordered it and when it was released internationally I watched the first 1.5 hours or so being played. I cancelled my preorder a few days after. It doesn't feel or look like DN3D.

Plus Serious Sam is just a fucking funner game.

I said "but I guess that's just me" and "no offence" for a reason.
No go back to sucking Serious Sam's dick some more.

UMAD LOL? But no you're right, I shouldn't judge. I mean, some people think Halo and Call of Duty are better games than Half Life and Deus Ex and their opinions on games should be equally valid, right?

Opinions can be flawed if they're based on misinformation or lack of experience, if you say that Serious Sam is "one of the dullest shooters I've ever played" I am inclined to believe that you haven't played enough of it or played it at all. I'm not sucking SS's dick, if anything you're sucking DNF's dick and unable to see its flaws because you're still under its great hype. I completely get where you're coming from, I wanted it to be a good game too. Gearbox fucked all that up and now it's just not as good as it should be.

vai90
vai90
  • Member since: May. 3, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Musician
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-15 10:51:58 Reply

At 6/15/11 10:27 AM, GiantDouche wrote:

if anything you're sucking DNF's dick and unable to see its flaws because you're still under its great hype. I completely get where you're coming from, I wanted it to be a good game too. Gearbox fucked all that up and now it's just not as good as it should be.

I didnt hype the game at all. I was pretty sure it was completely dead at some point, then when I heard it wasn't I was like, okay, so it probably will come out but I guess it will be nothing more than a generic shooter. I had ZERO expectations in it. In fact, those people who hyped it are its greatest haters now, because they seriously believed after over a decade of development mess Gearbox and all the others involved (Triptych, Piranha Games) could turn it into a GOTY. That's the major problem with people bashing the game, they expected it to be something it could never be after such a long time of failure.

So, as I said: my expectations were pretty much zero, which is why the game surprised me. It is a very solid title by todays shooter standards and it's most definitely a worthy sequel for Duke Nukem fans. So it's a good game for anyone and a fantastic game for the fanbase.

Let's just end this discussion by acknowledging that you like Serious Sam and I don't (fyi I HAVE played it enough to say that. I've played both Encounter games and I have played Serious Sam 2, which was the absolute worst in the series.)

The reason I started all this was to inform people that reviewers failed to not hype the game too much and keep their expectations low or at least at a reasonable mid-level. This game could have never been the GOTY of 2011 and I certainly don't think it deserves anything above let's say 8.5.

No hard feelings man, I can see and respect you liking the Serious Sam series and I know many people do, I just never understood it. That's why I posted it in a fairly calm way and not: "Serious Sam sucks fucking balls, it's the worst pile of shit I've ever played." Because it isn't. It's decent but boring to me.

Let's end this here.^^

GiantDouche
GiantDouche
  • Member since: Feb. 27, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-15 11:11:19 Reply

At 6/15/11 10:51 AM, vaifan90 wrote: No hard feelings man, I can see and respect you liking the Serious Sam series and I know many people do, I just never understood it. That's why I posted it in a fairly calm way and not: "Serious Sam sucks fucking balls, it's the worst pile of shit I've ever played." Because it isn't. It's decent but boring to me.

Fair enough, it was one of my favorite games of my childhood so you can understand how I really like it.

Let's end this here.^^

NO FUCK YOU.

ok let's.

Dapper
Dapper
  • Member since: May. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Animator
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-15 15:48:35 Reply

At 6/15/11 11:11 AM, GiantDouche wrote: Fair enough, it was one of my favorite games of my childhood so you can understand how I really like it.

Let's end this here.^^
NO FUCK YOU.

ok let's.

so i herd u guize r throwwin a partyt roundd da blokk

Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread


YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYE SYESYESYESY ESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYE SYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

BBS Signature
vai90
vai90
  • Member since: May. 3, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Musician
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-15 18:25:43 Reply

At 6/15/11 03:48 PM, Dapper wrote: so i herd u guize r throwwin a partyt roundd da blokk

Indeed. This friday. You're invited.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-15 20:29:29 Reply

At 6/15/11 06:25 PM, vaifan90 wrote:
At 6/15/11 03:48 PM, Dapper wrote: so i herd u guize r throwwin a partyt roundd da blokk
Indeed. This friday. You're invited.

Yeah, but which seat can he take?


For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-15 21:21:00 Reply

At 6/15/11 08:29 PM, Cootie wrote:
At 6/15/11 06:25 PM, vaifan90 wrote:
At 6/15/11 03:48 PM, Dapper wrote: so i herd u guize r throwwin a partyt roundd da blokk
Indeed. This friday. You're invited.
Yeah, but which seat can he take?

I'm kickin in the front seat so that seat is taken.


Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
vai90
vai90
  • Member since: May. 3, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Musician
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-16 05:05:32 Reply

Back seat then. Oh, it will be fun.

Squidbit
Squidbit
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Animator
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-16 05:17:12 Reply

At 6/16/11 05:05 AM, vaifan90 wrote: fun.

That was fantastic.

robotman5
robotman5
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-16 09:26:50 Reply

At 6/16/11 05:05 AM, vaifan90 wrote: Back seat then. Oh, it will be fun.

oh god no!

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Member since: May. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-16 11:52:37 Reply

Guiz, is it wrong that I got a boner at the last scene of the Duke's Titty City club level?


SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
berthon
berthon
  • Member since: Feb. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-16 17:38:10 Reply

WTF I thought that Duke Nukem Forever was awesome. Why even complain that you can only hold two weapons? When every other fucking FPS does it too. You will probably say that " Oh, well that isn't like Duke Nukem 3D." Who cares?! How about instead of blaming the game, we blame the shit games like call of duty that is messing up the standards that all games are now being judged on. Because when every other game does something, it's awesome but when Duke Nukem did it that's not right. Well that is bull shit, There is no reason the game is bad. So to all you haters out there. Stop quoting reviews! And try fucking playing the game, then tell us how much it sucks because it doesn"t.


BBS Signature
berthon
berthon
  • Member since: Feb. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-16 17:55:33 Reply

Oh, and another thing. People are complaining about Duke as a character. How he is sexist and egotistical. Well that is who Duke is, And that's who he was too. So by complaining that the game changed too much, but you think he didn't change enough, is a huge contradiction, Besides if I wanted to play as a character with deep emotions, or a messed up backstory that haunts him through the course of the game, I sure as hell am not going to play Duke Nukem.


BBS Signature
BrandonXDD
BrandonXDD
  • Member since: Jan. 4, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-16 18:18:06 Reply

So now that its been out for a bit, is it worth buying?

GiantDouche
GiantDouche
  • Member since: Feb. 27, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-16 18:33:06 Reply

At 6/16/11 05:38 PM, berthon wrote: Why even complain that you can only hold two weapons? When every other fucking FPS does it too. You will probably say that " Oh, well that isn't like Duke Nukem 3D." Who cares?! How about instead of blaming the game, we blame the shit games like call of duty that is messing up the standards that all games are now being judged on.

Uh, what? 3DR didn't have a weapons limit to begin with, when the game got passed to Gearbox they added one. No, the fans have every right to complain about the weapons limit and regenerating health because it's not a Duke Nukem game. You can't say that because a lot of games have regenerating health and a weapons limit that that makes it okay for DNF to have it, it's just as bad here as it is there. It's only worse because 3DR isn't supposed to make games with regenerating health, and they haven't as far as I know.

Because when every other game does something, it's awesome but when Duke Nukem did it that's not right.

No, it's shit either way.

And try fucking playing the game, then tell us how much it sucks because it doesn"t.

I played the demo and watched around two hours of gameplay before cancelling my preorder, I've really seen all I need to. I'll buy it when it's like $30 because fuck it but this is definitely not as good as it could've been if it wasn't passed off to Gearbox.

berthon
berthon
  • Member since: Feb. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-16 18:41:34 Reply

I played the demo and watched around two hours of gameplay before cancelling my preorder, I've really seen all I need to. I'll buy it when it's like $30 because fuck it but this is definitely not as good as it could've been if it wasn't passed off to Gearbox.

Exactly! you only played the demo. So did I and the demo was admittedly lame. And besides watching gameplay never looks good because either the person playing sucks, or they don't play in your style. like how some people like to run in guns a' blazin, and others like to take cover a lot, and if what you see doesn't match how you like to play games, it automatically gets written off as shit.


BBS Signature
berthon
berthon
  • Member since: Feb. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-16 18:44:23 Reply

besides Gearbox made the PS2 version of Half-Life, which was awesome!


BBS Signature
Squidbit
Squidbit
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Animator
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-16 19:00:27 Reply

At 6/16/11 05:38 PM, berthon wrote: When every other fucking FPS does it too.

That's why they're complaining, Duke Nukem isn't supposed to be like every other FPS, it's supposed to be like Duke Nukem. Where you have to pick up health packs to refill your health and you can carry every weapon you find.
I still loved the game, it was awesome, I'm just saying that's why they think it sucks. And it could have been better if they had it like the old ones. Plus not having the mighty boot sucked.

Smorsh
Smorsh
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Gamer
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-17 04:22:50 Reply

At 6/16/11 06:44 PM, berthon wrote: besides Gearbox made the PS2 version of Half-Life, which was awesome!

Don't forget the expansions to Half-Life.


Real artists draw their own user picture and signature. I am not a real artist.
Free sexay prons!
Sig credit to Ninjar.

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-17 05:17:01 Reply

At 6/17/11 04:22 AM, Smorsh wrote:
At 6/16/11 06:44 PM, berthon wrote: besides Gearbox made the PS2 version of Half-Life, which was awesome!
Don't forget the expansions to Half-Life.

But the only good one was Opposing Force.


[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-17 05:49:58 Reply

Duke Nukem Forever is boring, its the opposite of Duke Nukem 3d.


I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

GiantDouche
GiantDouche
  • Member since: Feb. 27, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-17 06:33:02 Reply

At 6/16/11 06:41 PM, berthon wrote: Exactly! you only played the demo. So did I and the demo was admittedly lame. And besides watching gameplay never looks good because either the person playing sucks, or they don't play in your style.

Nah, I can tell if a game is good from watching gameplay.

Viri
Viri
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-17 07:01:36 Reply

At 6/16/11 06:41 PM, berthon wrote: Exactly! you only played the demo. So did I and the demo was admittedly lame. And besides watching gameplay never looks good because either the person playing sucks, or they don't play in your style.

What's up with people thinking that you aren't supposed to judge a game based on it's demo? That's the point of the demo after all, it's supposed to give you a taste of what the game is like. It's not like the full game would be drastically different from the demo.


[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature