Magic-Mushroom
Magic-Mushroom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread Jun. 6th, 2011 @ 09:25 PM Reply

At 6/6/11 03:37 PM, GiantDouche wrote:
At 6/6/11 02:12 PM, ian4678 wrote: THIS THIS!! LOOK AT THIS YOU FUCKING IDIOTS!!! The demo is an older version. The final game will be different.
so you think since pax they completely revamped the weapon and health system? lmao...

I don't imagine it taking a year to remove a weapon limit.

They said I could become anything so I became everything.

BBS Signature
GiantDouche
GiantDouche
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread Jun. 8th, 2011 @ 01:32 PM Reply

At 6/6/11 09:25 PM, Magic-Mushroom wrote:
At 6/6/11 03:37 PM, GiantDouche wrote:
At 6/6/11 02:12 PM, ian4678 wrote: THIS THIS!! LOOK AT THIS YOU FUCKING IDIOTS!!! The demo is an older version. The final game will be different.
so you think since pax they completely revamped the weapon and health system? lmao...
I don't imagine it taking a year to remove a weapon limit.

Point is they aren't going to change two of the fundamental design aspects since the demo. That's why they released the demo with a weapons limit and regenerating health, if neither of those things were in the final game why wouldn't they change it for the demo or why wouldn't they clarify?

Squidbit
Squidbit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread Jun. 14th, 2011 @ 01:57 AM Reply

Am I just retarded or is tapping the space bar at the first boss not working?
I downloaded it on steam.

Squidbit
Squidbit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread Jun. 14th, 2011 @ 02:10 AM Reply

At 6/14/11 01:57 AM, Squidbit wrote: Am I just retarded or is tapping the space bar at the first boss not working?
I downloaded it on steam.

Nevermind, I guess I was just tapping too fast... Once I tapped slowly it worked.

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread Jun. 14th, 2011 @ 07:14 AM Reply

Did anyone get through the Hive yet? That place is fucking insane, I can barely find my way in there. And those purple-light-ball-thingies are freaking hard to control.

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Squidbit
Squidbit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread Jun. 14th, 2011 @ 08:10 AM Reply

At 6/14/11 07:14 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Did anyone get through the Hive yet? That place is fucking insane, I can barely find my way in there. And those purple-light-ball-thingies are freaking hard to control.

Yeah, I'm way past that. You're gonna love the next level, right after the boss. You're gonna love the boss too.

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread Jun. 14th, 2011 @ 09:44 AM Reply

At 6/14/11 08:10 AM, Squidbit wrote: Yeah, I'm way past that. You're gonna love the next level, right after the boss. You're gonna love the boss too.

I bet it's that 3-titter. I saw 'her' in the previews.

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Squidbit
Squidbit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread Jun. 14th, 2011 @ 10:20 AM Reply

Also I just wanna say that I'm not disappointed at all. This game is awesome and still has the feel of Duke Nukem. It's even got naked tits, I've never seen that in another game that you can just buy at the store.
They should have had the boot, they even wrote "Mighty Foot" on his monster truck. But still, it's not horrible that they left it out.
Plus I love how he called Master Chief a pussy.

AvengerousBird
AvengerousBird
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread Jun. 14th, 2011 @ 10:46 AM Reply

Awesome.I Gotz the Game now,All i need to get for the Pleasure of playing this MastahPiece iz to Get me some Cheetos And get playin!Awesome!

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread Jun. 14th, 2011 @ 11:30 AM Reply

At 6/14/11 10:20 AM, Squidbit wrote: Also I just wanna say that I'm not disappointed at all. This game is awesome and still has the feel of Duke Nukem. It's even got naked tits, I've never seen that in another game that you can just buy at the store.

Red Dead Redemption has titties at one moment, but they look ugly. Also, can someone PLEASE tell me where to find the popcorn in the stripclub. It's the only item I need now and I really wanna watch the scene after (though I'm expecting nothing big).

BBS Signature
vai90
vai90
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread Jun. 14th, 2011 @ 12:32 PM Reply

The game is excellent but go ahead and listen to those fucking moronic reviewers all the time. You'll be missing out. Couldn't care less about that, if only people wouldn't hate on the game so much publicly. That annoys the fuck out of me.

Don't get me wrong the game is not nearly a 90 score wise but to me it's definitely an 80+ title and I could see why people would maybe say it's a 70+ title but anything below 70 is ignorant.

Of course it's subjetivce, I respect others opinions but I am allowed to say how bad I find theirs right? That's what I'm doing here.

People should actually try the game themselves. Oh btw: the demo is indeed an old build and it's honestly quite a bad demo in general because there's not that much to do and it appeared to be pretty sucky to me as well at first.

Oh and for god's sake buy it on PC, it's where this game is meant to be played and it got ported awfully to the consoles. Most issues testers had with the game don't even exist in the PC version.

All I can say is haters gonna hate. </rant>

vai90
vai90
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread Jun. 14th, 2011 @ 12:39 PM Reply

Sorry for double-post but I just realized most people here are actually posting quite positive on this game haha. Oh well, had to post my rage rant somewhere.

So all I can say is: IT'S FUCKING WORTH IT! :D
Campaign was extremely entertaining and the multiplayer is good old-school fun as well. :D

BrandonXDD
BrandonXDD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread Jun. 14th, 2011 @ 12:45 PM Reply

At 6/14/11 12:39 PM, vaifan90 wrote:
So all I can say is: IT'S FUCKING WORTH IT! :D
Campaign was extremely entertaining and the multiplayer is good old-school fun as well. :D

Old School fun you say? :D

I may buy now!

or save for Serious Sam 3. Too many decisions
NeWaGe
NeWaGe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Programmer
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread Jun. 14th, 2011 @ 12:52 PM Reply

A few reviewers said it wasn't worth the wait, but it's actually a really fun game. I would say it's an action/comedy game.

http://newgroundsmobile.com
http://newagesoldier.com/facebook
Search Cydia store for Newgrounds, the iPhone/iTouch/iPad app!

vai90
vai90
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread Jun. 14th, 2011 @ 01:06 PM Reply

At 6/14/11 12:45 PM, BrandonXDD wrote: Old School fun you say? :D

I may buy now!
or save for Serious Sam 3. Too many decisions

It has the first level of Duke Nukem 3D in the multiplayer, it has all the awesome guns, the jetpack and jump platforms.

Also, you got to be kidding me about Serious Sam 3, you wouldn't really consider getting that over Duke Nukem? o_O
BrandonXDD
BrandonXDD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread Jun. 14th, 2011 @ 01:52 PM Reply

At 6/14/11 01:06 PM, vaifan90 wrote:
Also, you got to be kidding me about Serious Sam 3, you wouldn't really consider getting that over Duke Nukem? o_O

Serious Sam TFE and TSE were awesome. Serious Sam 2 though, not so much.

Squidbit
Squidbit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread Jun. 14th, 2011 @ 01:58 PM Reply

At 6/14/11 11:30 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Also, can someone PLEASE tell me where to find the popcorn in the stripclub. It's the only item I need now and I really wanna watch the scene after (though I'm expecting nothing big).

That confused me too. I'm sure you've found the actual popcorn, but you can't get it in your inventory, right? You gotta cook it in a microwave.

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread Jun. 14th, 2011 @ 02:31 PM Reply

At 6/14/11 01:58 PM, Squidbit wrote: That confused me too. I'm sure you've found the actual popcorn, but you can't get it in your inventory, right? You gotta cook it in a microwave.

Ah, so THAT's the problem. Yeah I found like 4 bags of popcorn but I could only hold them in my hand. Thanks for pointing that out, dude.

BBS Signature
Jerkapotamus
Jerkapotamus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread Jun. 14th, 2011 @ 02:58 PM Reply

I think a big issue is that 2k sent out 360 versions of the game instead of PC for review. I'm quite pleased with the product; it plays like Duke 3D in high-definition, which is what I wanted.

PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus
Sig by Akula

BBS Signature
mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread Jun. 14th, 2011 @ 03:07 PM Reply

At 6/14/11 01:06 PM, vaifan90 wrote:

Well most would. Serious Sam is sticking to its roots (lots of monsters, lots of guns to shoot, awesomeness. This is what I've hears so far). I think the only thing they are adding is the ability to aim down the sights (and more monsters, and more guns). However, Duke and Sam are both awesome (but I'll give it to Duke because he isn't serious as Sam).

First and Second Encounter were fucking amazing. Serious Sam 2 can go away.

Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
PWJP
PWJP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread Jun. 14th, 2011 @ 03:30 PM Reply

Holy damn, it's finally out. There goes one of the biggest video game jokes down the shitter.
Also, I'm waiting until a good number of reviews are out. What is sad, however, is that there's a few reviews on Gamefaqs ALREADY OUT, and the average score is really low.

GiantDouche
GiantDouche
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread Jun. 14th, 2011 @ 04:13 PM Reply

At 6/14/11 01:06 PM, vaifan90 wrote: Also, you got to be kidding me about Serious Sam 3, you wouldn't really consider getting that over Duke Nukem? o_O

uh, serious sam is one of the funnest games i've ever played.

also i was going over the very first jace hall footage and it looks like gearbox added regenerating health (in the video there were +x values for ego, meaning yeah you gained health for killing enemies like you do now BUT you didn't have to run and hide behind cover to regain health, health had definite values) , the weapons limit (first thing in the video is a full weapons menu, duke was meant to have a full arsenal), and NO AIM DOWN SIGHTS (this is partly speculative but if you look at the menu at 4:20 neither mouse button is mapped to aim down sights, rightmouse is mapped to move forward and leftmouse to fire). this is not duke nukem forever, gearbox did NOT finish 3drealms' original vision. this is a watered down version of the true product which will never see the light of day. granted, i'm sure a lot of the game's faults can be attributed to 3dr but i'm sure that 3dr's game was a much funner one. also note how the graphics barely improved since 2008.

vai90
vai90
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread Jun. 14th, 2011 @ 04:36 PM Reply

Serious Sam is by far the dullest shooter I've ever played...but I guess that's just me. I don't find any appeal in mowing down enemy waves charging at me for 10 years...I played it here and there but rarely more than 10 minutes at once because it's a snorefest of a game. No offence.

kidd25
kidd25
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread Jun. 14th, 2011 @ 04:42 PM Reply

so pc it and wait for price to go down.

BBS Signature
GiantDouche
GiantDouche
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread Jun. 14th, 2011 @ 05:06 PM Reply

At 6/14/11 04:36 PM, vaifan90 wrote: Serious Sam is by far the dullest shooter I've ever played...but I guess that's just me. I don't find any appeal in mowing down enemy waves charging at me for 10 years...I played it here and there but rarely more than 10 minutes at once because it's a snorefest of a game. No offence.

opposed to duke nukem forever where you actually dont get a gun for the first 45 minutes of the game and get to enjoy cutscenes and turret sequences

yeah you're full of shit

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread Jun. 14th, 2011 @ 05:21 PM Reply

At 6/14/11 04:36 PM, vaifan90 wrote: mowing down enemy waves charging at me for 10 years

That actually sounds really awesome

GiantDouche
GiantDouche
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread Jun. 14th, 2011 @ 06:18 PM Reply

At 6/14/11 05:21 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
At 6/14/11 04:36 PM, vaifan90 wrote: mowing down enemy waves charging at me for 10 years
That actually sounds really awesome

lmao it fucking is

MrPantz
MrPantz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread Jun. 14th, 2011 @ 09:38 PM Reply

The demo didn't impress me, and I read a few disappointing reviews. So I cancelled my pre-order. But...I'm still gonna check it out

I AM THE LIZARD KING, I CAN DO ANYTHING

Smorsh
Smorsh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread Jun. 14th, 2011 @ 10:10 PM Reply

At 6/14/11 10:20 AM, Squidbit wrote: It's even got naked tits, I've never seen that in another game that you can just buy at the store.

Dante's Inferno?

Plus I love how he called Master Chief a pussy.

Ditto. Anyone else find the "That's one dead space marine" easter egg with Isaac Clarke from Dead Space?

Real artists draw their own user picture and signature. I am not a real artist.
Free sexay prons!
Sig credit to Ninjar.

BBS Signature
Squidbit
Squidbit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread Jun. 14th, 2011 @ 10:31 PM Reply

I just beat the game, I was a little disappointed by the ending, but it was still an awesome game.
Now to play multiplayer for the next 800 hours and unlock everything in my house.