00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread

8,857 Views | 151 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-04-10 17:08:59

*Gasp!*

I thought it was just a legend!

Proud Scotsman | PSN: Trystlions | Typing Useless Posts Since 2008

BBS Signature

Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-04-10 20:07:14

Maybe i should have tried to go to the shop i originally pre-ordered duke from BEFORE the first delay.

I keep nearly all receipt still got it really can't wait to get my hand's on the DNFBOS-CE- i don't care if it suck's or is awesome either way i get to play something i been waiting forever to play.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-04-10 20:49:39

I'm joining this thread due to the fact I'm a pumped fan of the Duke Nukem series.

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-05-22 05:36:27

If this games sucks, the developers will be in TROUBLE

this is the users orange and officer. lovers till the end

If you see I have bad grammar, ignor it because I dont give a fuck

BBS Signature

Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-05-22 05:52:14

This post should have more posts and The launch day is june 14 right? I can't wait to pick up my collector's edition now.

"We don't all march to the beat of just one drum SO STFU!"

BBS Signature

Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-05-22 10:42:13

Ah, they should have gotten the game out before the world was supposed to end on May 21st! Luckily that did not happen and it got delayed to June. Hey, maybe the same thing will happen to the world ending and God was just nice enough to delay it until the game came out. Hey, if Osama bin Laden and Duke Nukem Forever were found in the same year, I would see reason enough to say the end of the world is the same time.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-05-24 08:24:26

Duke has gone Gold.

The motherfucking day is here.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-05-25 03:30:17

Took some time, but I signed up for the First Access Club after finding my code from my copy of borderlands on Steam.

Demo June 6th :D

BBS Signature

Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-05-25 04:56:41

At 5/25/11 03:30 AM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote: June 6th :D

My bad, June 3rd mother fuckers!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-05-25 05:32:58

Awesome trailer is awesome

No Fap November: 2014 - 2022

BBS Signature

Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-05-25 08:21:03

With all the delays, the game should be called Duke Nukem: Whenever

2nd on | PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: BogKid | Never try, never fail...

BBS Signature

Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-05-25 09:02:59

At 5/25/11 08:21 AM, BogKid wrote: With all the delays, the game should be called Duke Nukem: Whenever

or Duke Nukem: took FOREVER to make because of the delays

LOL GET IT?!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-01 11:57:50

The fuck guys? third page?

BBS Signature

Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-01 12:13:41

At 5/25/11 08:21 AM, BogKid wrote: With all the delays, the game should be called Duke Nukem: Whenever

M0RE L1EK DUKE NUKEM: FINALLY! LOLZZ!!1!

Yeah, whatever (pun unintended), i seriously can't wait for this game, even though it has 2009 graphics.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-01 18:00:40

I pre-ordered it on Steam. Can't wait to write autographs!

Also, this is my 1000th post, yay.

Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-02 04:30:52

At 6/1/11 06:00 PM, Rawnern wrote: I pre-ordered it on Steam. Can't wait to write autographs!

wait you can write stuff in duke nukem forever? why? and congrats

cherry garcia: its like having an angel cum in your mouth

BBS Signature

Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-02 04:55:56

I'm excited for this game, the only thing that doesn't excite me are the "racing" parts, they just look unduke like in my opinion.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-02 05:22:37

At 6/2/11 04:30 AM, therealanimator wrote:
At 6/1/11 06:00 PM, Rawnern wrote: I pre-ordered it on Steam. Can't wait to write autographs!

wait you can write stuff in duke nukem forever? why? and congrats

I don't know, but he signs a little boys book in one of the trailers. (OP's picture)

Btw thanks :)

Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-02 06:35:18

Demo tomorrow motherfuckers, oh hell yeah :D

also, those who are part of the "First Access" club, get the first Duke DLC first, what this is though, we do not know.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-02 07:46:33

At 6/2/11 05:22 AM, Rawnern wrote: I don't know, but he signs a little boys book in one of the trailers. (OP's picture)

You can write on white boards with markers. For example in the first gameplay footage that was released has Duke erasing the plan to kill a giant monster and replace it with a giant yellow penis.

Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-02 08:06:40

At 6/2/11 07:46 AM, Simple wrote: You can write on white boards with markers. For example in the first gameplay footage that was released has Duke erasing the plan to kill a giant monster and replace it with a giant yellow penis.

I drew a StrawberryClock.

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-03 03:54:48

Oh shit!

DEMO CODES ARE LIVE GO GO GO

BBS Signature

Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-03 03:57:19

At 6/3/11 03:54 AM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote: DEMO CODES ARE LIVE GO GO GO

Unfortunately because Amazon are a bunch of bitches I can't get mine until the full demo is released unless I get a code through Email in the next few days.

Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-03 07:07:38

Just got my demo code! Time to kick ass and....you know the rest.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-03 07:09:40

I've not been paying attention to this game at all, since I wasn't expecting to buy it but then I was told the demo was being released so I thought I might as well check it out, but I take it it's not a public demo since you guys are talking about codes. Do these codes just give you early access or are they actually required to play the demo?

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-03 07:44:27

At 6/3/11 07:09 AM, Dean wrote: Do these codes just give you early access or are they actually required to play the demo?

It's early access. They also allow people who got these codes to get the first piece of multiplayer DLC for free when it's released. Unless I am misinterpreting Gearbox.

Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-03 07:49:37

Okay sweet. When is the demo open to everyone? I've tried looking around on Google briefly but wasn't finding a date.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-03 07:52:06

I don't think a release date has been confirmed yet but I'd imagine that it would come out along side the game launch or a few days before hand.

Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-03 16:06:16

I found the demo pleasantly average. Gearbox made some really odd design choices, a game that wanted to bank on nostalgia has QTEs, aim down sights, limited weapon slots (and no boot, wtf?). I don't even think Gearbox new what they were going for, having a very modern spin on Duke doesn't work. Duke still has his chauvinistic attitude, which is great, but removing the old-school mechanics just isn't working for me. It's like Gearbox is trying to appeal to both the nostalgic and modern gamer, but the demo felt like a very awkward mix of the two.

UNCLE///

BBS Signature

Response to Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread 2011-06-03 17:22:52

At 6/3/11 04:06 PM, UncleABCD wrote: I found the demo pleasantly average. Gearbox made some really odd design choices, a game that wanted to bank on nostalgia has QTEs, aim down sights, limited weapon slots (and no boot, wtf?). I don't even think Gearbox new what they were going for, having a very modern spin on Duke doesn't work. Duke still has his chauvinistic attitude, which is great, but removing the old-school mechanics just isn't working for me. It's like Gearbox is trying to appeal to both the nostalgic and modern gamer, but the demo felt like a very awkward mix of the two.

This. The demo was pretty good (ridiculously short though), but I liked the days of being able to carry every weapon, even if it seemed unrealistic. Seems to me like most of the game will be spent scavenging for whatever weapons are nearby and using them right away rather than saving the guns and ammo you want to use for later. Seems too much like a politically correct concept of being only able to carry a few guns as opposed to walking around being ridiculously loaded for bear, something I actually liked about the original Duke Nukem, Doom, and all those other early FPS games.

I'm still looking forward to the full game, but I hope this "modernizing" hasn't spoiled it.

Don't pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

BBS Signature