00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted Ministerhomer supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ng Hip Hop Competition 2011

1,884 Views | 21 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Ng Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-02-12 02:26:18

The Newgrounds Hip Hop Album 2010 has officially been released on the Newgrounds Store! It's 2 CDs, $15, and contains all of the winning tracks from last years NGHH comp. All profits will go towards prizes for the 2011 comp so support NGHH and BUY THIS CD A limited number of CDs were printed and I don't plan on printing anymore. On the first day of sitting in the store two copies were sold and I hadn't even announced the album yet! Get 'em while you still can!

It is once again time for the gangsters to crawl out from the underground of Newgrounds' Hip Hop scene for the second Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition! Mark March 4th on your calendars if you produce beats, spit ridiculous flow, draw graffiti, or just like to bob your head to a phat bass line. On March 4th the official rules and regulations of this year's competition will be released, along with things like sample packs, MC Knock Out line ups, etc. From that day forward you will have a deadline to produce material for the competition. The comps will not be exactly as they were last year so look out for some new ones! Also, there will be prizes!

Check out the NG audio forum on March 4th to make sure you don't miss this. If you want to be on the NGHH Comp mailing list PM me (Big Red) with your email address. I will be sending out far less PM's this year so SEND ME YOUR EMAIL!! I'll be on Skype regularly too so if you wanna chat hip hop add me on skype, my username is thebigredjay.

MC Knock Out Sign Up

To enter in the MC Knock Out you must submit a short NGHH Comp hype track to the Newgrounds audio portal and then post it in this thread. If you haven't submitted a hype track by March 4th you are not getting a spot in the Knock Out, no exceptions. Here is my hype track from last year. Don't worry, I'll make a new one.

MC Knock Out Beats

Want to have one of your beats used in the MC Knock Out? Post a link to your battle beats in this thread. Please make sure they have no copyright material in them. If not enough beats are submitted I will cruise the audio portal and pick them myself.

Register to Vote

I'm going to open up the judging this year. To prevent people from registering multiple accounts and voting more than once I'm requiring people to register to their username to vote. You cannot judge comps you are taking part in but you can vote on all other comps by leaving a review with your decision. All votes will be tallied and the most votes wins. If you want to be a registered voter in this competition reply in this thread with this exact sentence: "Register me as a voter".

NGHH Comp 2010 Summary

NGHH Comp Winners
MC Knock Out Results
Art Comp

TL;DR: NGHH Comp 2011 begins on March 4th. All deadlines below are March 4th.

--MC's need to register for the Knock Out with a hype track.

--Producers need to submit beats for the MC battles.

--Register to vote if you want your votes counted.

BUY THE NGHH COMP 2010 ALBUM

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-02-12 03:32:05

Also, I'm directing most people to my News Page, so check that if you want to follow along with discussions: http://bigred.newgrounds.com/

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-02-12 21:50:07

sounds good

Response to Ng Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-02-16 04:08:19

I can't wait until the comp starts! I think I'm gonna enter both the sampled and original battles xD Hell, I just got a nice condenser mic, I might even enter the emcee battle :)

Smoke me, I'm dope.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-02-16 11:10:05

I'm definitely changing up the copyfree battle this year. I don't want any comps you can enter just any old song in, so I'll probably flip the rules up a bit. You need to get some bars up on NG if you got a mic!! What mic did you get?

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-02-16 22:20:56

Check out the hype tracks on my page, got a good bunch coming in.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-02-25 09:39:12

One more week til March 4th. Sign up this week and battle to become...

Response to Ng Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-02-25 19:15:15

What? You need beats? I GOT BEATS MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

Response to Ng Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-01 20:10:12

Sorry to be a newb, but I'm kind of confused about the different competitions.

Do people write the raps and make their own tunes, or do they use tunes made by other users?

Is there a contest for producers too?

Basically I love producing, and I'll gladly do up a rap and enter the rap battle if it means I can produce it too.

Response to Ng Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-02 01:48:54

At 3/1/11 08:10 PM, Ockeroid wrote: Sorry to be a newb, but I'm kind of confused about the different competitions.

Do people write the raps and make their own tunes, or do they use tunes made by other users?

Is there a contest for producers too?

Basically I love producing, and I'll gladly do up a rap and enter the rap battle if it means I can produce it too.

not sure what all is going down this time, but last time there were a couple different producer competitions(original compositions and a sample battle), then there was the MC knockout, and as i recall, a competition where all of the hip hop groups on NG faced off, each group making a beat, then doing a rap over it. for the MC Knockout, BigRed chose a beat, matched up the MCs, and they battled using the selected beat. again, i don't know how many of these competitions are going to be done again this time around, but i do know that the MC Knockout is a go.

hope this makes you a little less confused :)

Response to Ng Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-02 03:34:17

Dude, I am spittin' a hype track TONIGHT! Even though I'm sick (literally have an illness) and that being said, I just grabbed one of Blackattackbitch's tracks and I'll do a short rap over it. Of course, it might snowball but, hey.

Response to Ng Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-02 05:39:22

Response to Ng Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-02 21:52:50

Looks like you guys need some more beats. Well, I've got one I could give you anyway.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/4 03550

Response to Ng Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-03 02:07:04

Hip hop is dead... Ask Wayne Brady.

98 YEAR OLD REFRIGERATOR // without [BBQ sauce], life would be a mistake.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-03 02:26:56

Hip hop's not dead, it's locked in my basement.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-03 08:48:48

At 3/3/11 02:26 AM, BigRed wrote: Hip hop's not dead, it's locked in my basement.

and why are you locking musical genres in your basement?

Response to Ng Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-03 17:25:25

I'll be releasing my hype track tonight.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-03 17:55:20

At 3/3/11 08:48 AM, JackRocker wrote:
At 3/3/11 02:26 AM, BigRed wrote: Hip hop's not dead, it's locked in my basement.
and why are you locking musical genres in your basement?

It's the cool thing to do. I have Power Noise locked in mine myself. I rape it every night.

Response to Ng Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-03 18:55:15

Response to Ng Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-04 23:37:46

Hype Track - Stand Tall

I'd like to make a last minute submission if there is still time. I'm exited for this comp!

Check out our REVIEW CLUB!!!

http://endlessnumber.newgrou nds.com /news/post/136587 Plus a link to my music (hint) http://musical-pants.newgrounds.com /

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Hip Hop Competition 2011 2011-03-07 06:43:13

I'd love to enter this, but it looks like I'm late.
can I still;

Register me as a voter

?