New Topic Respond to this Topic
killahwatts
killahwatts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Animator
Gorillaz fan art Feb. 10th, 2011 @ 10:58 AM Reply

hello, i'm a relatively new user, so this is my first thread i think (pretty sure).
I have posted these pictures on some other websites, and am generating some good critique, but i am ever thirsty for more ways in which to improve. cuz i'm never happy i guess.
unfortunately i'm not sure how to post two attachments in one post, so i'm gonna have to double-post to show you guys both of my fan art drawings.
both of these were requested by others, the first was requested by my sister, the second was a user on one of the sites i posted the original on. I have yet to photoshop them; to add colours and shiz, but i hope you appreciate them nontheless.
i would explain who they are, but you probably dont care and just want to see the picture, so without further ado:

Gorillaz fan art

BluGil
BluGil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Gorillaz fan art Feb. 10th, 2011 @ 05:25 PM Reply

) I love the gorillaz, and especially noodle haha.

It looks nice, but it lacks a personal style - looks just like a copy of her from an animation. So try to add something of your own to it.

Also if you have Photoshop, I suggest opening it in there, tracing it with the brush in a new layer, and posting that instead since it looks a lot nicer and finalized, and allows for easy coloring too. Just a suggestion though.

killahwatts
killahwatts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Animator
Response to Gorillaz fan art Feb. 11th, 2011 @ 03:37 AM Reply

At 2/10/11 05:25 PM, BluGil wrote:
) I love the gorillaz, and especially noodle haha.
It looks nice, but it lacks a personal style - looks just like a copy of her from an animation. So try to add something of your own to it.

Also if you have Photoshop, I suggest opening it in there, tracing it with the brush in a new layer, and posting that instead since it looks a lot nicer and finalized, and allows for easy coloring too. Just a suggestion though.

i was going for Hewletts style of art, you saying that it looks like a copy straight from the animation is high praise indeed. as for adding something of my own; the guitar is actually mine, i used is as a still life model (added a few details to make it cool though), as i have never drawn a guitar before.
in any case; heres the next one

Gorillaz fan art

Silo2000
Silo2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Gorillaz fan art Feb. 11th, 2011 @ 03:45 AM Reply

I have to admit, I am a huge fan of Hewlett's. Love his stuff.

And your stuff here is fairly well done, indeed. Though I'm sure that may just be bias.

killahwatts
killahwatts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Animator
Response to Gorillaz fan art Feb. 11th, 2011 @ 04:22 PM Reply

At 2/11/11 03:45 AM, Silo2000 wrote: I have to admit, I am a huge fan of Hewlett's. Love his stuff.

And your stuff here is fairly well done, indeed. Though I'm sure that may just be bias.

thank you. not sure if its Portal worthy, i'll make a few more and we'll see.

SoConfused
SoConfused
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Gorillaz fan art Feb. 11th, 2011 @ 05:03 PM Reply

I want to see what you can do when you put them into photoshop (or whatever you use) and add some life to them.

"To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true."
Flickr | My "Art"

BBS Signature
killahwatts
killahwatts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Animator
Response to Gorillaz fan art Feb. 12th, 2011 @ 03:00 AM Reply

At 2/11/11 05:03 PM, SoConfused wrote: I want to see what you can do when you put them into photoshop (or whatever you use) and add some life to them.

i shall warn you that i am really terrible with photoshop. i am only intending to colour and outline them. but thanks nontheless.

killahwatts
killahwatts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Animator
Response to Gorillaz fan art Feb. 25th, 2011 @ 11:29 AM Reply

here's another poster

Gorillaz fan art

Vantavo
Vantavo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Gorillaz fan art Feb. 25th, 2011 @ 12:53 PM Reply

At 2/25/11 11:29 AM, killahwatts wrote: here's another poster

the art of gorillaz is a lot edgier. so try to reduce the round shapes in your ductus.