Be a Supporter!

60 Frame Collab 4

  • 41,884 Views
  • 1,069 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
FlyingNinjaBannanas
FlyingNinjaBannanas
  • Member since: Jan. 24, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to 60 Frame Collab 4 2011-07-11 12:59:02 Reply

At 7/11/11 06:36 AM, Carr77 wrote: Sooo... how many parts do we have?
Does anyone know?

I'd say we have about 30 usable parts, but I don't know. We're getting close to our goal for finishing this collab, but we're not their yet.

I'll say this again, we need more high quality parts.


BBS Signature
WaterHorse
WaterHorse
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to 60 Frame Collab 4 2011-07-11 19:03:43 Reply

I think is done

What do i do with the .fla
FLA


BBS Signature
Spysociety
Spysociety
  • Member since: Dec. 30, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to 60 Frame Collab 4 2011-07-11 19:46:19 Reply

There is something I can code for this collab? Like a cool preloader, fullscreen toggle, FPS, play/pause, quality, whatever it could be. I can code AS2 (I know AS3--but I don't like).

Thanks.

FlyingNinjaBannanas
FlyingNinjaBannanas
  • Member since: Jan. 24, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to 60 Frame Collab 4 2011-07-11 21:45:03 Reply

At 7/11/11 07:46 PM, Spysociety wrote: There is something I can code for this collab? Like a cool preloader, fullscreen toggle, FPS, play/pause, quality, whatever it could be. I can code AS2 (I know AS3--but I don't like).

Thanks.

Wow, If your willing, could you program a menu with: a play button, credit button, quality button, Volume bar, another button that goes to a new scene/

And a small bar in the corner for the whole collab that has a play, pause, quality, and a volume bar.

I know this may be a lot. So if you want to take anything out, you can.

Oh, and AS2.

I don't care how the menu/bar looks, I'll fix that up later.


BBS Signature
Spysociety
Spysociety
  • Member since: Dec. 30, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to 60 Frame Collab 4 2011-07-11 21:58:21 Reply

Yes I can. :)

Carr77
Carr77
  • Member since: Nov. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 4 2011-07-13 11:43:54 Reply

At 7/11/11 09:45 PM, FlyingNinjaBannanas wrote: Thanks.
Wow, If your willing, could you program a menu with: a play button, credit button, quality button, Volume bar, another button that goes to a new scene/

And a small bar in the corner for the whole collab that has a play, pause, quality, and a volume bar.

I know this may be a lot. So if you want to take anything out, you can.

Oh, and AS2.

I don't care how the menu/bar looks, I'll fix that up later.

Is it something else we need to make, beside parts, and the stuff you told Spysociety to do?


Check out my flash animations, and games. I've also made some bad music, and art ;)

FlyingNinjaBannanas
FlyingNinjaBannanas
  • Member since: Jan. 24, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to 60 Frame Collab 4 2011-07-13 12:21:22 Reply

At 7/13/11 11:43 AM, Carr77 wrote: Is it something else we need to make, beside parts, and the stuff you told Spysociety to do?

Nah, I'll do that myself. I don't want to be forcing you guys (or girls) to do everything.


BBS Signature
morcov
morcov
  • Member since: Nov. 14, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Artist
Response to 60 Frame Collab 4 2011-07-13 14:02:30 Reply

At 7/10/11 02:40 PM, Mckellard wrote: First off you should definetly clean up the lines on the guy as he moves. Try adding a background too then submit it again.

There is a background, I don't understand.

z017
z017
  • Member since: Aug. 28, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to 60 Frame Collab 4 2011-07-13 14:31:58 Reply

Deadline?

Can I submit a 60 frame movie or I'm too late?

:P


BBS Signature
Carr77
Carr77
  • Member since: Nov. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 4 2011-07-13 14:48:11 Reply

At 7/13/11 02:31 PM, z017 wrote: Deadline?

Can I submit a 60 frame movie or I'm too late?

P

You are not too late. Start working :D


Check out my flash animations, and games. I've also made some bad music, and art ;)

z017
z017
  • Member since: Aug. 28, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to 60 Frame Collab 4 2011-07-13 15:19:10 Reply

At 7/13/11 02:48 PM, Carr77 wrote:
At 7/13/11 02:31 PM, z017 wrote: Deadline?

Can I submit a 60 frame movie or I'm too late?

P
You are not too late. Start working :D

Perfect :D


BBS Signature
Mckellard
Mckellard
  • Member since: Jul. 31, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to 60 Frame Collab 4 2011-07-13 15:24:05 Reply

At 7/13/11 02:02 PM, tehtimmy4080 wrote:
At 7/10/11 02:40 PM, Mckellard wrote: First off you should definetly clean up the lines on the guy as he moves. Try adding a background too then submit it again.
There is a background, I don't understand.

Sorry, let me refrase, can you add a little more detail to the background or guy. To make it more eye catching you should do one of these cause right now, even though the animation is good, it's kind of plain. The floor is fine, just the back wall or the guy you should add detail too. And remember to clean up those lines! =)

One last thing is please remove your name from the bottom, the names will be put in when the collab is being organized.

At 7/13/11 02:31 PM, z017 wrote: Deadline?

Can I submit a 60 frame movie or I'm too late?

P

Nope, we will be still be accepting animations for while and as the collab is being organized. So please don't rush on it, take your time and make it look great!
20fps
480x300
Don't put your name in, we will do that.
Remember to name your symbols (with your initials) or put them in a foler, thanks!
Good luck!


BBS Signature
z017
z017
  • Member since: Aug. 28, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to 60 Frame Collab 4 2011-07-13 15:32:06 Reply

At 7/13/11 03:24 PM, Mckellard wrote:
Nope, we will be still be accepting animations for while and as the collab is being organized. So please don't rush on it, take your time and make it look great!
...
Good luck!

Ok! Thanks for the info and the opportunity.


BBS Signature
SteakandKidneyPie
SteakandKidneyPie
  • Member since: Sep. 28, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to 60 Frame Collab 4 2011-07-14 07:27:57 Reply

@FlyingNinjaBanannas and Mckellard: I can give you both my account for a week so you can download all work and compile it together. They are all in the messages. I will create a menu and some credits instead, knowing as my poor internet fails constantly. So compiling will not be the greatest thing for me.

I hope you don't mind. Pm me for the account details, I trust you two, so please do not change anything on my profile. I will eventually change my p'word too incase the word spreads. If you need any help compiling, please ask me. Thanks.


Do you need $10 000 in cash for a 30 second animation? Click here

z017
z017
  • Member since: Aug. 28, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to 60 Frame Collab 4 2011-07-14 13:34:15 Reply

Here it's my animation...

I hope you like it!

I'm not alone anymore!

If I don't have to make changes then I upload the .fla file :)

60 Frame Collab 4


BBS Signature
Carr77
Carr77
  • Member since: Nov. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 4 2011-07-14 15:02:57 Reply

At 7/14/11 01:34 PM, z017 wrote: Here it's my animation...

I hope you like it!

I'm not alone anymore!

If I don't have to make changes then I upload the .fla file :)

I though it was great :)
But that girl has some extremly strange feet. Maybe make them smaller?


Check out my flash animations, and games. I've also made some bad music, and art ;)

z017
z017
  • Member since: Aug. 28, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to 60 Frame Collab 4 2011-07-14 16:18:27 Reply

At 7/14/11 03:02 PM, Carr77 wrote:
At 7/14/11 01:34 PM, z017 wrote: Here it's my animation...

I hope you like it!

I'm not alone anymore!

If I don't have to make changes then I upload the .fla file :)
I though it was great :)
But that girl has some extremly strange feet. Maybe make them smaller?

Hehe I make them smaller and more detailed!

They were big because is chibi style, but now they are better!

Not Alone Anymore Version 2


BBS Signature
Mckellard
Mckellard
  • Member since: Jul. 31, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to 60 Frame Collab 4 2011-07-14 16:20:23 Reply

At 7/14/11 01:34 PM, z017 wrote: Here it's my animation...

I hope you like it!

I'm not alone anymore!

If I don't have to make changes then I upload the .fla file :)

That looks great, the only thing I noticed was that the lines on the creepy guy's shirt were a little thick compared to all the other lines in the animation, but I don't think it will be noticable in one 3 second view of it. Submit the .Fla on here or send it to SteakandKidneyPie when you get time, great job!


BBS Signature
z017
z017
  • Member since: Aug. 28, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to 60 Frame Collab 4 2011-07-14 16:58:51 Reply

At 7/14/11 04:20 PM, Mckellard wrote:
At 7/14/11 01:34 PM, z017 wrote: Here it's my animation...

I hope you like it!

I'm not alone anymore!

If I don't have to make changes then I upload the .fla file :)
That looks great, the only thing I noticed was that the lines on the creepy guy's shirt were a little thick compared to all the other lines in the animation, but I don't think it will be noticable in one 3 second view of it. Submit the .Fla on here or send it to SteakandKidneyPie when you get time, great job!

I didn't notice that detail... Already corrected.

And here I put the sample in case anyone wants to see the final version.
Not Alone Anymore - Final Version (z017)

Now I send the .fla file!

Thanks for the comments!


BBS Signature
Carr77
Carr77
  • Member since: Nov. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 4 2011-07-14 17:38:21 Reply

Okay! I made a new part too!
This took some time :D
And I know the backround seems rough, but that is how I want it because if it was in the same style as that man, he would like... "melt" inte the backround... hard to understand though I suck at explaining.

SWF|FLA


Check out my flash animations, and games. I've also made some bad music, and art ;)

z017
z017
  • Member since: Aug. 28, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to 60 Frame Collab 4 2011-07-15 10:10:13 Reply

At 7/14/11 05:38 PM, Carr77 wrote: Okay! I made a new part too!
This took some time :D
And I know the backround seems rough, but that is how I want it because if it was in the same style as that man, he would like... "melt" inte the backround... hard to understand though I suck at explaining.

SWF|FLA

Hehe I like this kind of crazy animations... Make me laugh!


BBS Signature
Sandremss128
Sandremss128
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Programmer
Response to 60 Frame Collab 4 2011-07-17 08:37:54 Reply

I've also made something when I saw this topic. Im not a great animator so I respect your decision about it:
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/0b27 38e0205593cebcab4894d0953e6d

Mckellard
Mckellard
  • Member since: Jul. 31, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to 60 Frame Collab 4 2011-07-17 12:56:46 Reply

At 7/17/11 08:37 AM, Sandremss128 wrote: I've also made something when I saw this topic. Im not a great animator so I respect your decision about it:
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/0b27 38e0205593cebcab4894d0953e6d

I realy like the animation in that, its smooth for the most part and has has action the whole duration. The only part that suffers is the graphics quality part and at this point with this much animation its too late to change much but I can tell you did try to clean up some of it and in all the quality of the animation outweighs the quality of the graphics. So good job.

The only thing I am a little skeptic about is the last frame or two where the bear look at the camera. I know you were probally running out of room so that may be why it feels so rushed. The one thing you can clean up is make the dead bears body look more limy so the arms not a L shape. make it go streight down. And if you can find anything else you can fix, do it then submit the .fla

Good animation and thanks for the submission.
I didnt have time to double read so sorry for the spelling errors and shit.


BBS Signature
DancingEngie
DancingEngie
  • Member since: Feb. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Programmer
Response to 60 Frame Collab 4 2011-07-17 13:22:36 Reply

Sorry to interrupt, but is there a spot for me?

z017
z017
  • Member since: Aug. 28, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to 60 Frame Collab 4 2011-07-17 17:10:09 Reply

At 7/17/11 01:22 PM, DancingEngie wrote: Sorry to interrupt, but is there a spot for me?

Yes, Mckellard (a few days ago) said to me:

we will be still be accepting animations for while and as the collab is being organized. So please don't rush on it, take your time and make it look great!
20fps
480x300
Don't put your name in, we will do that.
Remember to name your symbols (with your initials) or put them in a foler, thanks!
Good luck!

:D So, start making something if you want hehe!


BBS Signature
Sketchy
Sketchy
  • Member since: Mar. 29, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Animator
Response to 60 Frame Collab 4 2011-07-17 18:18:38 Reply

At 7/17/11 08:37 AM, Sandremss128 wrote: I've also made something when I saw this topic. Im not a great animator so I respect your decision about it:
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/0b27 38e0205593cebcab4894d0953e6d

The animatics is good, and is fairly smooth animation. But it will look much better if you add shading, and possibly smoother lines.

Nice work though.

My part is still coming along.

-SketchyEntertainment

DancingEngie
DancingEngie
  • Member since: Feb. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Programmer
Response to 60 Frame Collab 4 2011-07-18 17:16:15 Reply

Ok, here's my part.

I thought it'll be cool and suitable. I wanted to reference these Time Lapse videos where a camera shoots a picture every X minutes and then you get like this animation of something.

z017
z017
  • Member since: Aug. 28, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to 60 Frame Collab 4 2011-07-18 17:44:48 Reply

At 7/18/11 05:16 PM, DancingEngie wrote: Ok, here's my part.

I thought it'll be cool and suitable. I wanted to reference these Time Lapse videos where a camera shoots a picture every X minutes and then you get like this animation of something.

It's cool but I think you can make a more detailed tree :D


BBS Signature
DancingEngie
DancingEngie
  • Member since: Feb. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Programmer
Response to 60 Frame Collab 4 2011-07-18 17:45:58 Reply

At 7/18/11 05:44 PM, z017 wrote:
At 7/18/11 05:16 PM, DancingEngie wrote: Ok, here's my part.

I thought it'll be cool and suitable. I wanted to reference these Time Lapse videos where a camera shoots a picture every X minutes and then you get like this animation of something.
It's cool but I think you can make a more detailed tree :D

Yeah, I know. I suck at drawing trees, lol.

Mckellard
Mckellard
  • Member since: Jul. 31, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to 60 Frame Collab 4 2011-07-18 17:49:07 Reply

At 7/18/11 05:45 PM, DancingEngie wrote:
At 7/18/11 05:44 PM, z017 wrote:
At 7/18/11 05:16 PM, DancingEngie wrote: Ok, here's my part.

I thought it'll be cool and suitable. I wanted to reference these Time Lapse videos where a camera shoots a picture every X minutes and then you get like this animation of something.
It's cool but I think you can make a more detailed tree :D
Yeah, I know. I suck at drawing trees, lol.

I have to agree with Z017 on this one, Just cause you suck at drawing them doesnt mean you can't. I am terrible at drawing people but I can make a decent person if I put extra effort and time into it. Please redo the trees if possible and try not to make it look too much like it is copied and pasted.


BBS Signature