New Topic Respond to this Topic
36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! Mar. 26th, 2011 @ 06:23 PM Reply

At 3/26/11 06:02 PM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote: So, I'm around rank #1000, and have started to take a fancy in raiding other people, I have a couple of people in my system that are around my rank, but I have a much larger fleet and using WebSim, have found that I could take either of them.

Is attacking my neighbors worth it? Or should attacking them be avoided?

It's up to you though usually you want to raid someone who's a fair few ranks below you. Might not be a good idea if they're right near you too because once you raid them, their main concern might be to start building a bigger fleet and going after you.

Zerok
Zerok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Writer
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! Mar. 27th, 2011 @ 01:59 AM Reply

The following ships are now part of the fleet:
Espionage Probe 76
Heavy Fighter 2

Zerok blog: PM me if you like music | My (retired) webcomic: Pizza For Guys

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! Mar. 27th, 2011 @ 02:08 AM Reply

well seems I still spearhead this alliance as far as rank goes.. 368 atm. Plasma has been enabled.. should prolly build some plasma turrets eventually.. also very very close to nanite factory building.

also soon my pretty battlecruiser.. just 1 or 2 more days and you will be mine.

Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread!

Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!
I'm such an audio FAG!

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! Mar. 27th, 2011 @ 02:15 AM Reply

At 3/26/11 05:57 AM, Ryan wrote:
At 3/26/11 05:47 AM, MrPercie wrote: quick question, can your home planet be destoryed/captured?
Nope.

wrong.

I came across a destroyed planet just the other day - and it did say just that - "destroyed"

I think your planet is destroyed, well one way anyways - if you farm it completely, but don't quote me on that.

but I definitely came across one that said "destroyed planet".

so yes it is possible to destroy a planet.

Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
I'm such an audio FAG!

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! Mar. 27th, 2011 @ 02:34 AM Reply

At 3/27/11 02:15 AM, Chronamut wrote:
At 3/26/11 05:57 AM, Ryan wrote:
At 3/26/11 05:47 AM, MrPercie wrote: quick question, can your home planet be destoryed/captured?
Nope.
wrong.

I came across a destroyed planet just the other day - and it did say just that - "destroyed"

I think your planet is destroyed, well one way anyways - if you farm it completely, but don't quote me on that.

but I definitely came across one that said "destroyed planet".

so yes it is possible to destroy a planet.

yes shawn, you are wrong.

This appears in the galaxy view when another player has decided to abandon a colony. For a short time (24 to 48 hours), the planet is unusable. When the game no longer marks the planet as "destroyed", it can be recolonized.

in other words, you can destroy your OWN potential planet - but not others :P

I'm such an audio FAG!

BBS Signature
Ryan
Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! Mar. 27th, 2011 @ 03:06 AM Reply

Okay Chron.

Raab
Raab
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! Mar. 27th, 2011 @ 04:44 AM Reply

All my shit got destroyed, and my account is scheduled to be deleted on the first of next month.

Why?

Because nomatter how I play, I'm just going to get fucking obliterated by my attackers, and get my shit fucked up.

Not so much a game of skill as much as it is a game of
"play for fucking ever and then you can pick on the people who haven't played for as long as you"

Should have realized this from the start.... but anyway...

It's been fun gentlemen.

BBS Signature
36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! Mar. 27th, 2011 @ 10:06 AM Reply

Not sure what this is about, but this guy from G-S went as far as to use a sensor phalanx on me.

Guess I'll have to start from scratch.

all battleships again btw

Ryan
Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! Mar. 27th, 2011 @ 10:16 AM Reply

At 3/27/11 10:06 AM, 36Holla wrote: Not sure what this is about, but this guy from G-S went as far as to use a sensor phalanx on me.

36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! Mar. 27th, 2011 @ 10:35 AM Reply

At 3/27/11 10:06 AM, 36Holla wrote: Not sure what this is about, but this guy from G-S went as far as to use a sensor phalanx on me.

Also replace G-S with BPL and the guy says he saw profit in my fleet with no malice intended. I think 500 battleships is a bit overkill for just over 100000 in total resources but oh well.

36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! Mar. 27th, 2011 @ 11:32 AM Reply

My entire fleet was wiped out from the attack. It'll probably take me a few weeks to reach the fleet level I was at so that'll be fun. But I did learn that I have to distribute my fleet out a bit more between planets. Also there's a big debris field, but only cool people are allowed to go get it.

Zerok
Zerok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Writer
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! Mar. 27th, 2011 @ 12:33 PM Reply

I also got blowed up by some dude from G-S...

But luckily my navigators on both my expeditions fucked up and delayed the returns for me, ahahahah.

Sadly the bulk of my fleet was still on my home planet :(

Zerok blog: PM me if you like music | My (retired) webcomic: Pizza For Guys

Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! Mar. 27th, 2011 @ 01:15 PM Reply

Oddly enough, I didn't even get probed last night. I even took extra precautions to make sure my fleets would be safe from disaster. My next fleet is due in 1.5 hours, and my last in 6 hours. I also managed to make a decent size dent into my cache of resources by getting laser tech lvl 11 and a lvl 21 solar plant. I still have 600K to burn though, which should be easily taken care of with lvl 12 laser. Then BATTLECRUISERS!

After I upgrade hyperspace drive of course.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! Mar. 27th, 2011 @ 01:57 PM Reply

Time for a new theme song to fit the mood.

The Show Goes On, All Right.

Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! Mar. 27th, 2011 @ 05:16 PM Reply

Chron keeps stealing my spot.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! Mar. 27th, 2011 @ 09:26 PM Reply

At 3/27/11 05:16 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: Chron keeps stealing my spot.

I told you man - 1ST SPOT IS ETERNALLY MINE.

FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER.

I'm such an audio FAG!

BBS Signature
Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! Mar. 27th, 2011 @ 09:58 PM Reply

At 3/27/11 09:26 PM, Chronamut wrote:
At 3/27/11 05:16 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: Chron keeps stealing my spot.
I told you man - 1ST SPOT IS ETERNALLY MINE.

FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER.

F U white boy, in 2 days that shit is mine. Just put in an order for lvl 12 LAZOR :D

In the meantime I'll keep upgrading my fifth planet and figure out a working system for consolidating my resources. Had metal and crystal coming out the yingyang. Spent everything I couldn't transport and got myself a tidy little fleet happening.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
Ship
Ship
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! Mar. 27th, 2011 @ 11:02 PM Reply

At 3/27/11 02:08 AM, Chronamut wrote: well seems I still spearhead this alliance as far as rank goes.. 368 atm. Plasma has been enabled.. should prolly build some plasma turrets eventually.. also very very close to nanite factory building.

also soon my pretty battlecruiser.. just 1 or 2 more days and you will be mine.

That is a lot of dark matter..

Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! Mar. 28th, 2011 @ 12:16 AM Reply

Chron I can't believe you're spending real money on this lmao.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! Mar. 28th, 2011 @ 01:33 AM Reply

At 3/28/11 12:16 AM, Prinzy2 wrote: Chron I can't believe you're spending real money on this lmao.

actually it wasnt much - It was during that 20% thing and then I got a shitload of bonuses on top of that lol.

in any case - I scoff at your level 12 lazer - I'm already there. Plasma technology is 1 away and hyperspace drive is gonna be level 5 tomorrow.. I will then have battlecruisers.. and a couple days after that.. bombers - so nyeh :P

I'm such an audio FAG!

BBS Signature
DancingTurkeyGod
DancingTurkeyGod
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! Mar. 28th, 2011 @ 07:28 AM Reply

Hey! I got hit, but I'm at 300 pts and the guy that hit me is at 1460 pts. Is that considered a bash? What's the limit? I lost all my ships. :(
BTW - I only hit inactives, so I did nothing to bring this on. I probably hit his inactive mine base (alt account), but that's not allowed either.

36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! Mar. 28th, 2011 @ 07:41 AM Reply

At 3/28/11 07:28 AM, DancingTurkeyGod wrote: Hey! I got hit, but I'm at 300 pts and the guy that hit me is at 1460 pts. Is that considered a bash? What's the limit? I lost all my ships. :(
BTW - I only hit inactives, so I did nothing to bring this on. I probably hit his inactive mine base (alt account), but that's not allowed either.

Based on rank, that guy is well within the limit to be able to attack you. And bashing is considered being attacked more than 6 times in a 24 hour period. I would guess that he hit you because you had quite a lot of resources saved up on your planet. It's never good to keep any large amount just sitting around there.

What you can do to counteract that is to fleetsave, which if you don't know by now what that is, is where you send your fleet, with your materials inside of it, to raid or mine a planet/debris field while you're away/sleeping/etc. because it's impossible for anyone to attack your fleet in mid flight. So what you do is you change the speed of the fleet to adjust for how long you'll be gone and that way if someone attacks your planet while you're gone, your fleet won't be harmed, and your resources will be safe.

Normally I'd be for helping tear that guy a new one because he's not part of an alliance and attacking someone in an alliance is dumb move, but he's got newbie protection status. Perhaps a few other NG people around his level would be so kind as to help you out with that.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! Mar. 28th, 2011 @ 08:47 AM Reply

At 3/28/11 07:28 AM, DancingTurkeyGod wrote: Hey! I got hit, but I'm at 300 pts and the guy that hit me is at 1460 pts. Is that considered a bash? What's the limit? I lost all my ships. :(

what 36holla said... but I wouldn't send them out while you attack other people - because there is always a chance that your fleet gets destroyed before it reaches your home planet.

my suggestion is to start working on a colony - and then send your resources there right before they attack you, and then immediately recal them - the attacker will get diddly squat, and all your resources will remain where they are.

and ugh.. 18 hours to upgrade hyperspace drive.. I hate how everythnig takes a ridiculous amt of deuter and crystal now.. It's so hard to farm..

ah well.. I'll have battlecruisers soon.. hopefully thatll help a bit. That or i'll just have to keep attacking a shitload of small planets at once.

I'm such an audio FAG!

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! Mar. 28th, 2011 @ 08:50 AM Reply

Ruh roh,.. sun planet is full.. :(

I'm such an audio FAG!

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! Mar. 28th, 2011 @ 10:49 AM Reply

hmm I've reached an issue.. a lot of my planets are reaching max capacity.. but I need to build a nanite factory before I can build a terraformer.. I hope I have enough space..

I'm such an audio FAG!

BBS Signature
DancingTurkeyGod
DancingTurkeyGod
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! Mar. 28th, 2011 @ 12:26 PM Reply

At 3/28/11 07:41 AM, 36Holla wrote: Based on rank, that guy is well within the limit to be able to attack you. And bashing is considered being attacked more than 6 times in a 24 hour period. I would guess that he hit you because you had quite a lot of resources saved up on your planet. It's never good to keep any large amount just sitting around there.

That sounds like a very, very bad bashing rule. 300 pts doesn't give you much in terms of defenses and even if I did buy a few light lasers, he still would of hit me.

I don't want to whine (I've played games like this one before). I just think it's stupid to not have a rule against smaller planets like that. There's PLENTY of inactives with resources that he can hit on, so why an small active planet? Plus, you stay in an alliance to stay safe - so if no one can defend me, what's the point of playing? Chron - you might have laughed at starkingdom, but at least there were rules in place and consequences for hitting on small guys.

What you can do to counteract that is to fleetsave, which if you don't know by now what that is, is where you send your fleet, with your materials inside of it, to raid or mine a planet/debris field while you're away/sleeping/etc. because it's impossible for anyone to attack your fleet in mid flight. So what you do is you change the speed of the fleet to adjust for how long you'll be gone and that way if someone attacks your planet while you're gone, your fleet won't be harmed, and your resources will be safe.

I know what fleet save is but when the guy attacks you while you're sleeping, well, you can't fleet save. You can also say to not to save your resources, but at a certain point, you have to save to buy the research that you need (plus my fleets had just returned with a large loot...while I was sleeping).

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! Mar. 28th, 2011 @ 12:58 PM Reply

dancing turkeygo, you can slow your fleets down so that the whole round trip takes 8 hours to return - that's what I do - so when I wake up they return and I can deal with the loot before anyone hits me.

Also let me know who is attacking you.. I'll obliterate them for you :)

I'm such an audio FAG!

BBS Signature
Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! Mar. 28th, 2011 @ 02:47 PM Reply

At 3/22/11 11:18 PM, Prinzy2 wrote:
At 3/22/11 10:21 PM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: PSP is open season.
In that case, I have an announcement to make.

Since I cannot attack the little noob because he is green, I will award those who attack PSP with resources equal to half of what is destroyed, whether it be ships or defenses.

Be sure to post combat details, and be sure to message me.

Once PSP is inactive, this offer will no longer be valid.

But until then, happy hunting.

Quoted for lulz and refreshment, I don't think anyone has even attacked PSP yet, COME ON PEOPLE!

Also I will make an amendment. I will give out resources equal to ships destroyed. Defenses remain at half since they can be repaired at no cost to PSP.

Happy raping.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! Mar. 28th, 2011 @ 02:58 PM Reply

At 3/28/11 12:58 PM, Chronamut wrote: dancing turkeygo, you can slow your fleets down so that the whole round trip takes 8 hours to return - that's what I do - so when I wake up they return and I can deal with the loot before anyone hits me.

I checked that and you won't be able to attack the guy directly because he's got less than 5000 points, unless there's a way you can join an ACS attack started by someone who CAN attack the guy. Otherwise we need some lower level people to step up and teach him what's what.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! Mar. 28th, 2011 @ 04:28 PM Reply

At 3/28/11 02:58 PM, 36Holla wrote:
At 3/28/11 12:58 PM, Chronamut wrote: dancing turkeygo, you can slow your fleets down so that the whole round trip takes 8 hours to return - that's what I do - so when I wake up they return and I can deal with the loot before anyone hits me.

I checked that and you won't be able to attack the guy directly because he's got less than 5000 points, unless there's a way you can join an ACS attack started by someone who CAN attack the guy. Otherwise we need some lower level people to step up and teach him what's what.

isn't that a bitch when they're too far below your radar to attack :/

only comfort we can give her I guess is acs defend her..

I'm such an audio FAG!

BBS Signature