I got dibs on 1:437:10. Called it.

Simple
Simple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! 2011-03-11 02:32:50 Reply

Hmm... the guy who probed me is ranked about 900. I also got probed on my main planet by the guy who is rank 67 so this should be interesting...

Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread!

iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! 2011-03-11 03:26:02 Reply

Just need to get my second level in impulse drive then I can research astrophysics :-D

Im going away next week from thursday until sunday, what do?

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
Jin
Jin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Blank Slate
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! 2011-03-11 04:59:04 Reply

At 3/11/11 03:26 AM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote: Im going away next week from thursday until sunday, what do?

Upgrade resource storage.

BBS Signature
iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! 2011-03-11 05:29:48 Reply

At 3/11/11 04:59 AM, Jin wrote:
At 3/11/11 03:26 AM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote: Im going away next week from thursday until sunday, what do?
Upgrade resource storage.

Yeah, I figured that would be the smartest choice.

BBS Signature
36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! 2011-03-11 07:49:37 Reply

At 3/11/11 02:32 AM, Simple wrote: Hmm... the guy who probed me is ranked about 900. I also got probed on my main planet by the guy who is rank 67 so this should be interesting...

Well that took almost no time. We both hit 5000 around the same time, but since I'm on vacation, I had a legitimate excuse to go into vacation mode and hold out on being attacked for a little bit longer.

Also had a bunch of my main farms disappear so now it might be time to start attacking some actual live players for resources.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! 2011-03-11 08:24:18 Reply

At 3/11/11 07:49 AM, 36Holla wrote:
At 3/11/11 02:32 AM, Simple wrote: Hmm... the guy who probed me is ranked about 900. I also got probed on my main planet by the guy who is rank 67 so this should be interesting...
Well that took almost no time. We both hit 5000 around the same time, but since I'm on vacation, I had a legitimate excuse to go into vacation mode and hold out on being attacked for a little bit longer.

Also had a bunch of my main farms disappear so now it might be time to start attacking some actual live players for resources.

I've been attacking live players regularly now.. a lot of them have like 10 ion cannons and like 10 gauss cannons though which makes attaacking them.. futile for how much i get in return - end up wasting more on fuel.

as a ersult I am not mainly attacking galaxy 2.. and when that runs dry, attacking galaxy one. Gonna try to focus on ramping up mine production even more as I am rapidly outgrowing my farms..

also expeditions suck lately.

36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! 2011-03-11 08:41:27 Reply

At 3/11/11 08:24 AM, Chronamut wrote: I've been attacking live players regularly now.. a lot of them have like 10 ion cannons and like 10 gauss cannons though which makes attaacking them.. futile for how much i get in return - end up wasting more on fuel.

Note to self: Buy more gauss cannons.

I beat up some space pirates recently.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! 2011-03-11 09:59:08 Reply

At 3/11/11 08:41 AM, 36Holla wrote:
At 3/11/11 08:24 AM, Chronamut wrote: I've been attacking live players regularly now.. a lot of them have like 10 ion cannons and like 10 gauss cannons though which makes attaacking them.. futile for how much i get in return - end up wasting more on fuel.
Note to self: Buy more gauss cannons.

I beat up some space pirates recently.

gauss cannons are useless against battleships - you are best to invest in ion and plasma cannons.

also I got a guy at 1:12:6 attacking me with 244 ships.. overkill? Possibly. I don't have many defenses on my main planet - I'll just fleetsave, leave with with nothing, and harvest the debris field that inevetably occurs.

He wants to play whack a mole?

WE WILL PLAY WHACK A MOLE.

POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! 2011-03-11 10:12:23 Reply

I just joined. It looks okay. Nothing really new.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! 2011-03-11 10:19:32 Reply

SHIT SHIT SHIT! I accidentally activated vacation mode and can't play for a day or two. Rough start...

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! 2011-03-11 10:21:32 Reply

At 3/11/11 10:19 AM, SSPBOURNE wrote: SHIT SHIT SHIT! I accidentally activated vacation mode and can't play for a day or two. Rough start...

LOL good job dumbass XD

24 ins until attack.. I am tempted to send him a pm taunting him victorian stle:

"as much as I would love to let you raid my supplies dear I am afraid that I must depart and leave you with nothing. Please enjoy your stay and don't make too much of a mess. There is tea if you so feel inclined"

xports
xports
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! 2011-03-11 10:43:01 Reply

I just realized that I have never been probed.

EVER.

Now with 100% more Steam! lI Minecraft you say? 63.246.149.6 II XBL: WorseThanMonday II

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! 2011-03-11 11:10:10 Reply

At 3/11/11 10:43 AM, xports wrote: I just realized that I have never been probed.

EVER.

that's nothnig, look at this!

OVERKILL MUCH??

and aww.. look at his rewards.. he destroyed a heavy lazer and my ion cannon.

HOWEVER WILL I GO ON??

and look at those epic materials gains.. I waited till 20 seconds before he made it, deployed my cargoes to my other planet, and shut off mime production.

and THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is how you defend yourself when you are hopelessly outclassed :P

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! 2011-03-11 11:40:13 Reply

I think I shall use this time to teach you younger players, and perhaps even the bigger ones, the strategy of fleet saving.

1) if you are constantly rebuilding your defenses without a nanite factory, you're wasting your time, and your resuources.

but I digress. Basically when a fleet attacks you that you know you can't match - don't even bother beefing up your defenses unless you have enough to take a couple out and feed off the resultign debris field. Instead, build as many cargo ships as you have resources, and make sure they are ALWAYS at the planet to be used - so don't use them to gather resources.

Then, lets say a fleet takes 2 hours to get to your planet - the initial reaction might be "oh I should pack all my stuff into cargos and send it off right away!"

NO.

if you do this a) the attacker will msot likely catch on and recall his fleet, wait, and then try again b) your resources will still continue to accumulate, and he will collect the residual resources - and you don't wanna have to give that fucker anything. Now you could turn off mine production, but why should you halt production?

Instead, wait until the VERY LAST MINUTE and THEN DEPLOY your cargoes - don't transport - use deploy instead. Also if you have any ships either send them on an expedition or deploy them as well. Deployed fleets can't be detected as well as transported ones can, and you're safer this way - and if worse comes to worse you can actually move your resources to your other planets.

THEN, when he's attacked and rawr rawred around your defenses - RECALL your deploy immediately - all your resources will return and it will be like nothing ever happened - just fix a few defenses here and there and that's it. It's like taking all your stuff out of your house before your robbed, and then putting it all back after he leaves.

Now, as you get up there in rank, you will have to go to bed. I know I know not many of us sleep anymore but we still need SOME sleep, and those players WILL figure out your patterns and will attack when you aren't there.

How to solve this? Have enough cargoes avaiilable on each planet to deploy your resources when you are asleep - set it for like, 8 hours - possibly deployed to your other planets so you're simply shifting resources around, and then all they will gain is your residual resources, which is still maddening, but better than nothing :)

and that will basically enable to you survive every attack ever.

Zerok
Zerok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Writer
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! 2011-03-11 13:36:50 Reply

New sexy Deut farm.

Need names! Go go go:

Zerok blog: PM me if you like music | My (retired) webcomic: Pizza For Guys

xports
xports
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! 2011-03-11 14:03:25 Reply

At 3/11/11 01:36 PM, Zerok wrote: New sexy Deut farm.

Need names! Go go go:

I want a sexy fab planet...

Just call it "The Sex"

Now with 100% more Steam! lI Minecraft you say? 63.246.149.6 II XBL: WorseThanMonday II

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! 2011-03-11 14:26:46 Reply

At 3/11/11 01:36 PM, Zerok wrote: New sexy Deut farm.

Need names! Go go go:

sezy!

call it bubblegumia

Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! 2011-03-11 15:00:16 Reply

Slowly but surely getting closer towards Expeditions, taking quite some time since my resources aren't awesome yet. Crystal is my major issue, need that for a lot of research it seems, and when I think I have enough I always need to upgrade something for other resources, slowly getting there though and I can't wait to finish up this tutorial stuff.

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! 2011-03-11 15:18:54 Reply

At 3/11/11 03:00 PM, EpicFail wrote: Slowly but surely getting closer towards Expeditions, taking quite some time since my resources aren't awesome yet. Crystal is my major issue, need that for a lot of research it seems, and when I think I have enough I always need to upgrade something for other resources, slowly getting there though and I can't wait to finish up this tutorial stuff.

expeditions aren't all they're cracked up to be tbh.. it's a lot of hit and miss, and sometimes you don't earn anything at all - or everything you send is destroyed.

Ship
Ship
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! 2011-03-11 17:32:53 Reply

At 3/11/11 03:00 PM, EpicFail wrote: Slowly but surely getting closer towards Expeditions, taking quite some time since my resources aren't awesome yet. Crystal is my major issue, need that for a lot of research it seems, and when I think I have enough I always need to upgrade something for other resources, slowly getting there though and I can't wait to finish up this tutorial stuff.

Crystal was my problem when I was starting up too. I never ever had enough. But once you get your mines upgraded enough and have enough patience then it'll all even out and you'll be in good shape.

BrokenPaw
BrokenPaw
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Art Lover
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! 2011-03-11 17:33:13 Reply

I feel like ACS'ing a target with a group of you guys so PM me if you want the target's coords. I can't take him by myself cause of the Defense:

Rocket Launcher 11
Light Laser 141
Heavy Laser 64
Gauss Cannon 11
Ion Cannon 9
Small Shield Dome 1
Large Shield Dome 1

iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! 2011-03-11 17:43:50 Reply

Definety gonna have an expedition going by tomorrow, and then onto colonisation :-) just got the last requirement for astrophysics, sent out 3 cruiser on my usual inactive and by tomorrow morning I should have sufficient crystal for astrophysics. Fuck yeah

BBS Signature
Ryan
Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! 2011-03-11 17:49:31 Reply

Raid party.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! 2011-03-11 18:19:24 Reply

At 3/11/11 05:33 PM, BrokenPaw wrote: I feel like ACS'ing a target with a group of you guys so PM me if you want the target's coords. I can't take him by myself cause of the Defense:

Rocket Launcher 11
Light Laser 141
Heavy Laser 64
Gauss Cannon 11
Ion Cannon 9
Small Shield Dome 1
Large Shield Dome 1

ym.. ok you showed the defenses - but what about the WSA? And what resources does he hold?

I got 3 battleships, 4 cruisers, 6 heavy fighters and a couple light fighters that I could offer..

WSA 5,6,5.. still gotta up that but it's hard with all the other research I'm focusing on,..

Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! 2011-03-11 18:21:55 Reply

nemeltneG

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! 2011-03-11 18:26:38 Reply

Possibility for an ACS attack.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
BrokenPaw
BrokenPaw
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Art Lover
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! 2011-03-11 18:41:12 Reply

At 3/11/11 06:26 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: Possibility for an ACS attack.

omg fuck my target this.

Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Official Newgrounds Ogame Thread! 2011-03-11 18:48:57 Reply

And for those of you with a small fleet.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature