Be a Supporter!

A Thread for Battlefield 3

  • 81,394 Views
  • 2,053 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2013-05-16 03:35:48 Reply

Well. I finally hit lvl 100 col. I had the golden eagle for all of five matches, and I got hatemail, calling me a loser for being a col 100. This has opened up a whole new world of fun.

Kman
Kman
  • Member since: Jun. 3, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2013-05-17 01:04:34 Reply

At 5/16/13 03:35 AM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: Well. I finally hit lvl 100 col. I had the golden eagle for all of five matches, and I got hatemail, calling me a loser for being a col 100. This has opened up a whole new world of fun.

I dont understand the leveling past 50. How exactly does it work? Is it just like a new level number and no icon? And how do i see silver eagle lvl 3's and such?


Steam: Kman
Sig by YenMuffin
"Women these days don't appreciate a gentleman, or chivalry, and they're especially not deserving of it."

BBS Signature
Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Member since: Oct. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2013-06-11 15:44:10 Reply

At 5/17/13 01:04 AM, Kman wrote:
At 5/16/13 03:35 AM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: Well. I finally hit lvl 100 col. I had the golden eagle for all of five matches, and I got hatemail, calling me a loser for being a col 100. This has opened up a whole new world of fun.
I dont understand the leveling past 50. How exactly does it work? Is it just like a new level number and no icon? And how do i see silver eagle lvl 3's and such?

Rank goes up to 45, then the Colonel ranks start over at 1. So Colonel 100 = 100 + 45 levels.


Wakka wakka

Linktopast
Linktopast
  • Member since: Dec. 12, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2013-06-11 16:39:32 Reply

Help! I reinstalled this game, and my desktop icon looks ugly. I've tried changing it to something else and back, and it still won't work. I've rebooted the computer, but it refuses. ;_;


Hello.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Musician
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2013-06-11 20:36:34 Reply

Given the demo of BF4 at E3... I had the urge to start up playing BF3 again... so I did... and I was having fun until every server I joined had at least 1 hacker on it... Fucking aimbotters EVERYWHERE.

Not even discreet about it, guy runs down a hall way and everyone in sight of him instantly dies. And for whatever stupid reason, the admin refused to kick him.

Hard to enjoy the game with the hackers ruining all the fun.


Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Kman
Kman
  • Member since: Jun. 3, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2013-06-12 01:25:12 Reply

At 6/11/13 08:36 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Given the demo of BF4 at E3... I had the urge to start up playing BF3 again... so I did... and I was having fun until every server I joined had at least 1 hacker on it... Fucking aimbotters EVERYWHERE.

Not even discreet about it, guy runs down a hall way and everyone in sight of him instantly dies. And for whatever stupid reason, the admin refused to kick him.

Hard to enjoy the game with the hackers ruining all the fun.

So far, with my 2 months worth of playing, i have seen 1 hacker, and he was banned almost instantly. I dont understand all the fuss about hackers when they are barely a problem. Heck, people trolling are a bigger problem.


Steam: Kman
Sig by YenMuffin
"Women these days don't appreciate a gentleman, or chivalry, and they're especially not deserving of it."

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Musician
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2013-06-12 01:40:54 Reply

At 6/12/13 01:25 AM, Kman wrote: So far, with my 2 months worth of playing, i have seen 1 hacker, and he was banned almost instantly. I dont understand all the fuss about hackers when they are barely a problem. Heck, people trolling are a bigger problem.

It was really, really bad earlier today, literally every game I joined had a hacker in it, and none of them got so much as kicked, let alone banned because the server admin was rather not present, or the team with the hacker on it refused to vote to kick them off the server... because the hacker pretty much guaranteed them a win. Well... most of them refused, I did see 1 (ONE) person on the opposite team vote to kick him.

But I was playing just now as well, and I didn't seem to run into any, so maybe I just caught a rough patch of time. But yeah, earlier today, that was the most hackers I have ever seen online ever while playing BF3.. I saw more hackers in the span of 1-2 hours than I've seen since I bought the game.


Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2013-06-12 05:48:17 Reply

Hopefully I'll be getting my new computer within 3 weeks which will be able to run Battlefield 3. I've played it on PC once or twice at my friends house, and I'm such a massive fan of online games with loads of people. So Battlefield 3 with 64 players has always been something I've wanted to be able to do at my own will, it's some of the most fun I've ever had.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to run BF4 on it as well because I imagine a lot of the people will migrate from 3 to 4 when it comes out. And the map we saw at E3 really didn't look like it should be played with anything less than 64 players.

Quinny
Quinny
  • Member since: Nov. 15, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Gamer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2013-06-12 07:33:52 Reply

64 player matches on PS4?

MOTHER OF GOD. HOLY MOLEY. SWEET JESUS.


TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Kman
Kman
  • Member since: Jun. 3, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2013-06-12 10:21:52 Reply

At 6/12/13 01:40 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:

Just curious, are you on PC?
I know consoles are infamous for having hackers, my asshole friends do that to CoD games.


Steam: Kman
Sig by YenMuffin
"Women these days don't appreciate a gentleman, or chivalry, and they're especially not deserving of it."

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2013-06-12 10:26:40 Reply

At 6/12/13 07:33 AM, Quinny wrote: 64 player matches on PS4?

MOTHER OF GOD. HOLY MOLEY. SWEET JESUS.

wait fuck now i have to get a ps4

simon
simon
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 46
Gamer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2013-06-12 13:22:40 Reply

At 6/12/13 10:26 AM, Snuff wrote:
At 6/12/13 07:33 AM, Quinny wrote: 64 player matches on PS4?

MOTHER OF GOD. HOLY MOLEY. SWEET JESUS.
wait fuck now i have to get a ps4

Or an Xbox One if that's your thing.


ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
[ 3DS Friend Code: 2878-9581-7218 || Playstation ID: SCParry ]

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Musician
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2013-06-12 14:23:02 Reply

At 6/12/13 10:21 AM, Kman wrote:
At 6/12/13 01:40 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
Just curious, are you on PC?
I know consoles are infamous for having hackers, my asshole friends do that to CoD games.

Yeah, I play on PC.


Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Kman
Kman
  • Member since: Jun. 3, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2013-06-12 17:38:42 Reply

At 6/12/13 02:23 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 6/12/13 10:21 AM, Kman wrote:
At 6/12/13 01:40 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
Just curious, are you on PC?
I know consoles are infamous for having hackers, my asshole friends do that to CoD games.
Yeah, I play on PC.

Yeah thats weird. Almost every server im in, there is at least one person complaining about a hacker but i never see any legit hacks going on.


Steam: Kman
Sig by YenMuffin
"Women these days don't appreciate a gentleman, or chivalry, and they're especially not deserving of it."

BBS Signature