New Topic Respond to this Topic
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-10-12 00:37:15 Reply

All this badmin stuff seems to be a big problem for the Xbox gamers. I've been playing on PC, and I've only been banned once... and that wasn't even the admin's choice - it's an automatic ban because I was swearing too much (I obviously deserved it).

Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-10-12 05:18:10 Reply

I swear DICE said they were increasing their actual DICE servers by 4 times the amount it's at now. Did that happen?

Also Cookies can you teach me to snipe please, getting the assignment challenge for a 350meter headshot is killing me because I suck.

Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-10-12 06:43:44 Reply

Wait no don't worry, I went on Kharg Island and managed to get a couple over 350. 440 was my best.

I also just got kicked for using C4 on the admin's tank.

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-10-12 08:00:54 Reply

At 10/12/12 06:43 AM, Snuff wrote: I also just got kicked for using C4 on the admin's tank.

Xbox?

Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-10-12 09:41:20 Reply

At 10/12/12 08:00 AM, The-iMortal wrote:
At 10/12/12 06:43 AM, Snuff wrote: I also just got kicked for using C4 on the admin's tank.
Xbox?

But of course.

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-10-12 17:55:50 Reply

At 10/12/12 09:41 AM, Snuff wrote: But of course.

I'm telling ya, the annoying admins love the Xbox...

ChewyOwnz
ChewyOwnz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-10-12 23:38:04 Reply

At 10/12/12 05:55 PM, The-iMortal wrote:

We have a few on PS3 too. They just get butt hurt.

Yeah, my new account on NG.
PSN: ChewyOwnz
Check my YT out! http://www.youtube.com/MrDistrictGa ming

BBS Signature
WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-10-13 06:03:02 Reply

At 10/12/12 06:43 AM, Snuff wrote: Wait no don't worry, I went on Kharg Island and managed to get a couple over 350. 440 was my best.

I also just got kicked for using C4 on the admin's tank.

Excellent work. The trick to sniping is honestly just practice. I'm playing on a TV from the mid 90's, so anything above 500m is just a little orange smudge (I can actually see individual pixels when I'm playing). But 500m and less, 9/10 times, I get a perfect headshot the first time I fire. If you have a bipod, you should be golden. Just take practice shots at the distance that you want. Watch where the bullet lands, and compensate.

Badmins suck, man. I got banned today because I blew up a tank with my sniper rifle, by shooting some C4 that was being thrown onto it. If you haven't tried C4 jeeps yet, by the way, do it. Jump out, and when the jeep hits the tank, shoot the C4 with a magnum or a sniper rifle. It shows the kill as being with the gun you shot the C4 with, and the hate mail will come FLYING.

Corpus-Delicti
Corpus-Delicti
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-10-13 07:25:58 Reply

I Love being a dick with the grenade launcher. Oh, And after not using the M416 for like, 6 months, the new patch made it really nice.

A Thread for Battlefield 3

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-10-13 08:27:16 Reply

At 10/13/12 06:03 AM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: If you haven't tried C4 jeeps yet, by the way, do it. Jump out, and when the jeep hits the tank, shoot the C4 with a magnum or a sniper rifle. It shows the kill as being with the gun you shot the C4 with, and the hate mail will come FLYING.

The only problem with that is when somebody shoots the C4 while you're still in the jeep.

Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-10-13 09:50:14 Reply

So I was doing really really well in thisround, and then my Xbox froze right at the end. Pissed me off like crazy but thank god everything I did saved.

I would have cried.

The M249 really is my baby.

Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-10-13 12:06:10 Reply

Nobody ever told me about how incredible the KH2002 is. This thing is a beast.

Also thanks for the advice, Cookies. I've been trying to get more into Sniping, I have just under the same amount of time on Recon as I do on Support (19 hours or so), so it's not like I don't often play it, I just find long ranged sniping quite difficult. I did notice as I got farther into the game I was getting more accurate and getting kills more often. It feels great when you get a long ranged headshot, shame it doesn't happen very often with me.

Almost at 10,000 kills now with 144 hours of game time, not sure if that's good or bad but I've never gotten this many kills on any other online game

WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-10-14 18:19:43 Reply

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/66849 653/2/314714237/

See above link for faggotry at its finest.

Admin manages to grab our LAV. So they have that, plus their tanks. All of these things have smoke equipped, so we can't touch them with Guided Missiles of any kind. Finally, I manage to take one out with a smaw. He kicked me. This happened twice. Then they manage to grab one of our choppers, along with theirs. Those choppers have two engineers each, so the ONLY way to take them out is with a smaw. Tough doing that because they're hovering over the deck killing anybody who moves. This lasted for about 500 tickets. I just quit. Reported them both. Resisted sending an angry message, because I know that cunts who don't know how to play without being assholes just get off on that. But by all means, check out the level 100's on the other team, and avoid them at all costs. Even report them for cheating if you like.

NOSHAHR CANALS NEEDS ITS AA BACK.

Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-10-14 19:13:23 Reply

At 10/14/12 06:19 PM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: NOSHAHR CANALS NEEDS ITS AA BACK.

Ah, good old "Nosehair" Canals on Conquest. My main problem with that map is that it is SO easy to spawn trap the American team, since they have to start at the aircraft carrier. If it weren't for that issue I would love the map to death, but it's that one problem that constantly ruins it. Hell, almost any time I play it, the Americans eventually get spawn trapped by helicopter thieves, taking away the fun of it all. Even if I'm on the Russian team, there's no fun to it if the enemy is cooped up in one place, forced to attempt crossing slowly through water while tanks, snipers, helis, and so on can just pick them off.
Dammit DICE, get your shit together!

On a similar topic, according to a few fellows from GameFAQs, if a team ends up getting spawn trapped, they deserve it for being incompetent instead of having been able to prevent it. What doss everyone else think about this sort of reasoning? I'll be the first to admit that I have a bit of a personal honor rule to not spawn trap an enemy team, even if my allies manage to do so themselves. Just turns into a major snooze-fest for me, really. No excitement to gunning down the enemy over and over and over in one specific area.

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-10-14 20:21:36 Reply

At 10/14/12 07:13 PM, Klobb17 wrote: On a similar topic, according to a few fellows from GameFAQs, if a team ends up getting spawn trapped, they deserve it for being incompetent instead of having been able to prevent it. What doss everyone else think about this sort of reasoning?

Nowadays, online gaming is almost like a sport. It can be very competetive. I do not hesitate to spawn trap in Conquest as it results in my team winning. I've played games where my team has been thrashing it, then we get a bit lazy, and suddenly the opposition catches up 250 tickets and wins the match! I don't want to let that happen again.

Unfortunately, shit can happen. Such as, a heap of people from one side leaving the match, so the odds are out. But with even teams from start to end of a match, to be spawn trapped in Conquest is very poor form.

WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-10-15 17:12:05 Reply

At 10/14/12 07:13 PM, Klobb17 wrote:
At 10/14/12 06:19 PM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: NOSHAHR CANALS NEEDS ITS AA BACK.

On a similar topic, according to a few fellows from GameFAQs, if a team ends up getting spawn trapped, they deserve it for being incompetent instead of having been able to prevent it. What doss everyone else think about this sort of reasoning? I'll be the first to admit that I have a bit of a personal honor rule to not spawn trap an enemy team, even if my allies manage to do so themselves. Just turns into a major snooze-fest for me, really. No excitement to gunning down the enemy over and over and over in one specific area.

That logic is just stupid. If the other team starts pushing hard, sometimes people leave. And a one or two person deficit can make a huge difference. So the enemy pushes HARDER. Then two or three more people leave. Suddenly, like what happened to me, you're stuck at your spawn, and it's 6v12. That has nothing to do with a bad team. That's simply being overwhelmed and outnumbered.

Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-10-17 23:22:00 Reply

In DLC related news, we'll be getting a crossbow with the upcoming "Aftermath", and what appears to be different soldier skins. The pic below is from Battlefield 3's official Facebook page. The Recon and Engineer look slightly different, perhaps more beat up to make sense with the whole aftermath of an earthquake theme, but the Assault on the left (I'm assuming he's Assault, since he's black. Totally not being racist here) looks far, FAR different than he usually does, most notably is that bitching backwards baseball cap. Seems like the crossbow is a multi-kit weapon, which ought to be interesting. I wonder though if these alternate soldier looks can be used in other maps/DLC? I also wonder what the Russians look like with the Aftermath theme, as well.
And speaking of Facebook, people are bitching like CRAZY about the crossbow, saying that BF3 is trying too much to be CoD even more now. Some things just never change, I guess.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-10-17 23:55:35 Reply

At 10/13/12 12:06 PM, Snuff wrote: Nobody ever told me about how incredible the KH2002 is. This thing is a beast.

That thing will really fuck someone up with the foregrip attachment.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-10-18 14:37:21 Reply

At 10/17/12 11:22 PM, Klobb17 wrote: I also wonder what the Russians look like with the Aftermath theme, as well.

Seems like my wondering was put to rest in the form of a new trailer. This new Scavenge mode sounds... interesting, to put it one way. Almost sounds a bit like Gun Game from Close Quarters, but instead of unlocking new weapons with each kill, you have to find them yourself. These new vehicles are a nice change of pace, too. More on all of that here.
Anyone thinking about getting Aftermath? Aside from Premium players who automatically get it, of course. I'm still on the fence about it.

GHOST-KILLA
GHOST-KILLA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-10-18 15:38:55 Reply

At 10/12/12 11:38 PM, ChewyOwnz wrote:
At 10/12/12 05:55 PM, The-iMortal wrote:
We have a few on PS3 too. They just get butt hurt.

I get banned from every KSA server.

Dont know what KSA is think its a clan? They seem to have a shit load of servers though so i dont know.

Think iv been black listed or something i get banned soon as a join some. Others i get banned after getting a couple of kills lol. Maybe its my rank, i dont know but yh its been like 6 servers. I gave up trying now.

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-10-29 23:50:38 Reply

I started playing Battlefield 3 again a couple days ago, and wow, it's got much, much better since the last time I played it (after the first patch was released). Everything's smooth, the guns feel more balanced, and the only issue now is people buying Premium and all the Shortcut packs (I really hate getting killed by a Private because he bought a better rifle with all the upgrades).

I think I'd bump my rating for the game up from a 50 to a 65.

Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-10-30 07:53:30 Reply

Okay for some reason I've started having lag on nearly ever server I play on. It might be my internet telling me to stop playing so much Battlefield but it's so annoying. I end up playing half a game then turning it off.

WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-11-01 17:22:39 Reply

The topic has been covered before, I know. But I'm going there again. I hate people that say snipers don't help the team.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/66546 643/2/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]

I did that "camping on a mountain". I took out people with stingers trying to take down our jet, I took out people trying to arm the MCOM, I took out random people just trying to run around, I took out random people who were trying to snipe, my soflam gave javelins and my buddy's Guided missile something to destroy, my spawn beacon down in the little bunker on the beach gave my squadmates somewhere close to the objectives somewhere to spawn, etc. I got MVP, so saying that I didn't help is just wrong. If you can accurately score headshots on people from 500m out, then camping on the mountain isn't an issue. However, if you're rolling an EMR, and can't hit jack shit, then GTFO. You're hurting your team.

Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-11-15 15:30:55 Reply

At 10/29/12 11:50 PM, RampantMusik wrote: I started playing Battlefield 3 again a couple days ago, and wow, it's got much, much better since the last time I played it (after the first patch was released). Everything's smooth, the guns feel more balanced, and the only issue now is people buying Premium and all the Shortcut packs (I really hate getting killed by a Private because he bought a better rifle with all the upgrades).

I think I'd bump my rating for the game up from a 50 to a 65.

You can buy weapon unlocks, but you won't get the scopes with that, so don't underestimate that Private... ;)

Join the Newgrounds Battlefield 3 Platoon (for PC)! DON'T ASK WHAT YOUR GAME CAN DO FOR YOU, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR, UH, NEWGROUNDS! ON BATTLEFIELD 3. eh...

WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-12-04 17:48:38 Reply

Well perhaps nobody here plays this game anymore. But Aftermath is out. What do you all think of it? I'm currently in the middle of Dead Week, so I've not tried it out yet, unfortunately.

TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-12-04 20:23:49 Reply

I've taken a massive break from BF3 and switched to CS but I think Aftermath is the thing to bring me back.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/TheColourAwesom e/stats/355030767/

That X-BOW with Kobra. Pair it up with a bolt-action and I'll be ready to aggressive Recon up this bitch!

BBS Signature
hdca19
hdca19
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-12-16 12:45:03 Reply

DOB Clan Recruiting For Battlefield 3 (PS3)
The Dirty Old Bastards [DOB] are a group of mature - for the most part - adult gamers that uphold values that seem to be disregarded by many gaming communities these days: Loyalty, Team Work & Respect. It isn't that we don't value a persons skill - in fact we put a high premium on it - it's that we believe the relationships established within our community outweigh the trouble an individual with an immense amount of skill and no social skills will bring.

First and foremost we're looking for people that game and have fun doing so without the use of racial epithets or childish exchanges meant to bring someone down. Someone that's interested in playing the different game modes for what they are and not simply concerned about their own kill streak or ratio, that's willing to go negative to get the objective complete.

We have much to offer our members:
- Community events such as tournaments and raffles.
- Active forums and game lobbies.
- Professionally laid out website giving everything a gamer needs at their fingertips.
- Social media: Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Gamebattles teams for competitive players.
- Ranks and awards for members.
- DOB merchandise for the avid clan member.
Must be over 18
http://www.dirtyoldbastards.net/

kazumazkan
kazumazkan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-12-19 19:40:40 Reply

i have no space to download no dlc. on ps3

also i didnt really like armored kill

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?
was her name tenneassi
omtish

BBS Signature
mothballs
mothballs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-12-19 19:49:31 Reply

I'm surprised to see this thread at the top of the VG forum. I thought people stopped caring about this game months ago.

It's really all I play now though. My Ps3 had gotten the YLOD and I exchanged it for a new one so I lost Premium. Being that I'm a lazy fuck it took me a while before I decided to call up Sony, deactivate the old system and re-download Premium. Some of the new maps are cool, some aren't. There's no real new game modes either. I do like the new looks of the characters on Aftermath though, only because it's some variety.

The only thing I really have been enjoying is CQ on Metro. lol.

Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-12-20 01:45:49 Reply

At 12/19/12 07:40 PM, kazumazkan wrote: i have no space to download no dlc. on ps3

also i didnt really like armored kill

Because of all of the updates, right? Well, PS3 users can delete stuff that they have downloaded, correct? (Being an Xbox player, I would not know) This thread over at GameFAQs might be of some use to you. Basically, some of the updates you can go ahead and delete since their purpose has been replaced by newer updates and such. It works for Xbox, so it should work for PS3 as well, I imagine. Hope it helps you.