New Topic Respond to this Topic
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-02 15:28:10 Reply

To be honest, that gameplay hasn't really got me excited. It doesn't look like anything really new.

IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-02 15:32:41 Reply

At 3/2/11 03:28 PM, Makeshift wrote: To be honest, that gameplay hasn't really got me excited. It doesn't look like anything really new.

It's just singleplayer, and never even gave an example of destruction.

Multiplayer is what really matters in a Battlefield game. That is where the innovation is really going to shine.

A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones. Proverbs 17:22
"It's not gay because we're bros." - Gobblemeister

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-02 15:40:35 Reply

At 3/2/11 03:32 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote:
At 3/2/11 03:28 PM, Makeshift wrote: To be honest, that gameplay hasn't really got me excited. It doesn't look like anything really new.
It's just singleplayer, and never even gave an example of destruction.

Multiplayer is what really matters in a Battlefield game. That is where the innovation is really going to shine.

I can't wait to get my hands on a jet and I wonder how they will work. It could be awesome if they make the jets be able to drop bombs and not be ridiculously overpowered.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-02 16:52:57 Reply

The next gameplay video is due out on the 16th.

This one will demonstrate destruction.

Still no multiplayer videos, or even multiplayer screenshots have been released.

A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones. Proverbs 17:22

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-02 20:07:45 Reply

At 3/2/11 02:48 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: I am sorta sad by the looks of the recoil. The scope just sorta rattles around, but doesn't really go up much.

While the recoil isn't realistic... it's definitely a lot more than any modern shooter, and it certainly looks nice.

Can't wait for the next video.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-02 20:09:15 Reply

At 3/2/11 08:07 PM, ironraven24 wrote: While the recoil isn't realistic... it's definitely a lot more than any modern shooter

Actually I take that back, ArmA II as more, being a Military Simulator and all. But for mainstream shooters, BF3 has more than any others I've seen.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature
NeonFlame126
NeonFlame126
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-06 18:56:49 Reply

At 2/23/11 03:21 PM, Makeshift wrote: OH MY GOD A LITTLE TINY BIT OF GAMEPLAY!

THEY NEED MORE OF THIS!

I'm going crazy waiting for this game, and I think some more videos could help the waiting process.

You can't spell FÜHRER without Ü
"You know you fail in life when you fail to end your failure"

IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-06 19:25:58 Reply

At 3/6/11 06:56 PM, NeonFlame126 wrote: I think some more videos could help the waiting process.

DICE has already scheduled the 15th as the next gameplay video release. This time, with destruction.

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-06 19:33:13 Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChJnbQstA E4

Leaked Footage from a handheld camera.

It has a good 3 minutes of single player, an earthquake with falling buildings, and about one second of tank and jet gameplay.

Watch it before it gets taken off youtube.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-06 19:49:11 Reply

At 3/6/11 07:33 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChJnbQstA E4

Leaked Footage from a handheld camera.

Ahhh, that building collapse.

NeonFlame126
NeonFlame126
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-06 21:10:18 Reply

At 3/6/11 07:33 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChJnbQstA E4
Watch it before it gets taken off youtube.

It's....it's beautiful. I downloaded the video so that there's another copy to share in case that very thing happens. Now I can't wait for the prepared release.

You can't spell FÜHRER without Ü
"You know you fail in life when you fail to end your failure"

IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-11 13:35:36 Reply

Well the DICE general manager has officially called out COD.

"Our competitors are getting lazy," he said. "They're using the same engine, the same recipe for building a game. At some point you need to take that leap. I haven't seen them take that leap since a long time ago.

"We are doing that now. They had better watch out. We are coming for them."

The flame wars will devour this nation.

BBS Signature
sinfulwolf
sinfulwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-11 16:51:33 Reply

At 3/1/11 11:52 AM, nobodyguy wrote:
At 2/4/11 06:40 AM, funnyhomeboy wrote: I still don't see why CoD fans don't like this game.
im pretty sure the reason is is that battlfield actually takes skill to play which CoD players lack.

While Battlefield can still be played with twitchy fingers, the winning team is always the one that works together and uses tactics. Battlefield is establishing itself as a military shooter, while Call of Duty is an arcade like shooter with military skins.

So in CoD, even on Team based modes you can pretty much run around and do your own thing. BF however asks that you work towards a greater whole. You get rewarded for resupplying team mates, or healing someone, or even spotting the enemy for someone else to snipe.

Now I enjoyed Battlefield more than Call of Duty, but I can still go and enjoy some mindless lone wolf running and gunning offered by CoD. In Battlefield though I need to start thinking, maneuvering with team mates, providing cover fire...

That's my opinion on why more Call of Duty fans don't enjoy Battlefield.

I also think they should put caps on how many players can play certain classes, for example the Sniper. That's just my opinion though.

naronic
naronic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-12 08:12:16 Reply

I might get this if they leave out any incipid E-penis inflation levelling

or at least add in a game mode without it

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-12 08:33:56 Reply

At 3/2/11 03:40 PM, Cootie wrote: I can't wait to get my hands on a jet and I wonder how they will work. It could be awesome if they make the jets be able to drop bombs and not be ridiculously overpowered.

Never played Battlefield 2? They counter it's ability to drop bombs by both sides having a fighter and a fighter-bomber, and the fighter bomber is two-person so it's hard to get a good team in there. The controls aren't easy, and dropping bombs precisely is pretty tough. Then there are lots of AA placements and AA-tanks around the capture points to counter.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-13 23:10:43 Reply

I just bought the Vietnam DLC and I don't regret it at all. It's fucking awesome.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-13 23:16:45 Reply

At 3/13/11 11:10 PM, Makeshift wrote: I just bought the Vietnam DLC and I don't regret it at all. It's fucking awesome.

Yep... I totally meant to post that in the Battlefield 3 thread.

SkeletonGimp
SkeletonGimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-14 06:31:45 Reply

Sniping in BF:BC2 was never a specialty of mine. Always was a bit more of the aggressive style, get in your face with an XM8 kind of thing.

Either way, I'm looking forward to this game, may even pre-order for PS3 :D

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008
Feel free to MSN me: warsmithdave@msn.com
Beware the NGSkeletonGimp! M:tG Klub.

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-14 15:16:26 Reply

At 3/14/11 06:31 AM, SkeletonGimp wrote: Sniping in BF:BC2 was never a specialty of mine. Always was a bit more of the aggressive style, get in your face with an XM8 kind of thing.

I was never big on sniping either. It was too hard when you have bullet drop, but you aren't available to any kind of formula to use, and the mildots seemed practically useless, as bullet drop rarely exceeds one mildot.

Either way, I'm looking forward to this game, may even pre-order for PS3 :D

I definitely want to pre-order it too.

BBS Signature
funnyhomeboy
funnyhomeboy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-14 18:23:57 Reply

After seeing the IGN dissection of the video, I might actually play the single player of BF3. The game seems to be intermixing the tactic-based combat of Rainbow 6 while incorporating the fast-paced nature of CoD. To me, this balance could very well spell the end of CoD being the #1 FPS.

The customization of the weapons, the squad centered combat, and the updated Frostbite Engine make this game a must-have for me.

I put the BS in BBS.

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-14 22:10:45 Reply

http://ps3.gamespy.com/playstation-3/bat tlefield-3/1155375p1.html

DICE is giving awards for the people who find funny and interesting ways to tell DICE what they want to see in BF3.

Can someone say FLASH!?!?!?!?!?!?

BBS Signature
SkeletonGimp
SkeletonGimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-15 05:18:52 Reply

At 3/14/11 06:23 PM, funnyhomeboy wrote: After seeing the IGN dissection of the video, I might actually play the single player of BF3. The game seems to be intermixing the tactic-based combat of Rainbow 6 while incorporating the fast-paced nature of CoD. To me, this balance could very well spell the end of CoD being the #1 FPS.

The customization of the weapons, the squad centered combat, and the updated Frostbite Engine make this game a must-have for me.

BF:BC2 already had the tactic based combat and high pace FPS. It also had the weapon customs (though, not as flexible as later day COD games) and combat really did involve squads thanks to squad based respawning (you were an idiot if you didn't choose to join a squad, getting spawned 2 mile down the back of the line seriously sucks, but respawning next to your friends kicks ass)

For me, it's all about the Frostbite Engine. I would buy the game without it if it was just a re-hashed BF:BC2 with new maps and better weapon customisation, but the new engine seals the deal. I HAVE to pre-order this game.

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008
Feel free to MSN me: warsmithdave@msn.com
Beware the NGSkeletonGimp! M:tG Klub.

BBS Signature
SuspiciousPenguin
SuspiciousPenguin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Programmer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-16 09:43:03 Reply

OMG! Part of the fault line gameplay trailer! So awesome, 1080p and full volume, awesomeness. Frostbite 2 is looking incredible and the game itself looks mega awesome. I'm feeling the hype and it's good.

ArmouredGRIFFON
ArmouredGRIFFON
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Reader
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-16 15:22:22 Reply

At 3/16/11 09:43 AM, SuspiciousPenguin wrote: OMG! Part of the fault line gameplay trailer! So awesome, 1080p and full volume, awesomeness. Frostbite 2 is looking incredible and the game itself looks mega awesome. I'm feeling the hype and it's good.

I actually thought parts of the game looked better in 320p, like a bit blurred to give it some effect.

1080p was beautiful for the most part though.

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-16 15:41:21 Reply

Ah, Part III - March 30.

IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-16 16:17:13 Reply

So bullets flying past you will have an effect on you?!?!?!

Now you can effectively provide supressive and covering fire.

I can't fucking wait.

BBS Signature
Juliusxv
Juliusxv
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-16 16:29:29 Reply

Can't wait till this thing comes out, gonna be so fun to actually have to do teamwork, instead of people just running around and camping. This looks AMAZING!!!

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others. - Nelson Mandela

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-16 16:36:20 Reply

At 3/16/11 04:29 PM, Juliusxv wrote: running around and camping.

A bit contradictory, I'd say.

Juliusxv
Juliusxv
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-16 16:47:23 Reply

At 3/16/11 04:36 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 3/16/11 04:29 PM, Juliusxv wrote: running around and camping.
A bit contradictory, I'd say.

I meant both happening, you'd have some players just sitting in corners, while the others would just run around on their own, not caring about their teammates. Plus you can run around/camp, you just camp but change your position every 2-3 minutes.

Bit weird, but meh.

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others. - Nelson Mandela

BBS Signature
InsaneBrutality
InsaneBrutality
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-03-16 17:00:44 Reply

At 3/16/11 09:43 AM, SuspiciousPenguin wrote: OMG! Part of the fault line gameplay trailer! So awesome, 1080p and full volume, awesomeness. Frostbite 2 is looking incredible and the game itself looks mega awesome. I'm feeling the hype and it's good.

Has anybody noticed the pieces of dirt flying when a character runs? So much detail.