00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

A Thread for Battlefield 3

132,889 Views | 1,656 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-02 02:29:18

This may not be welcome here, and I'll be honest, I only read the first few post, but I honestly want to know what you guys feel about this post I made on the Battlelog forum, regarding the position of the Sun on most maps.

Here is the thread I created regarding it.

Here is my initial post in that thread.

I truly think that the location of the Sun in this game is very dumb. Especially it being in the Attacker's eyes.

"We will hang the Capitalist with the rope they sell us!"

-Joseph Stalin

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-02 04:54:11

At 11/1/11 11:55 PM, Cootie wrote: What do you fellas think of the ole' PP-2000? I though the gun was great besides it's small-ish magazine and then I unlocked extended mags for it. It fucking doubled the ammo hold.

UMP-45 > Everything.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-02 09:10:26

I fucking love this game! Only bought it on impulse aswell.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-02 19:20:09

Finally unlocked the mortar and it's not as easy to use as I was expecting. After one game of really getting my ass kicked by one and the guy using it ending the game with 21 kills to 1 death I really thought it was going to be easy points, but it's harder to use than I thought.

Oh well. Wonder what the next unlock I aim for will be. I think I could use a new sniper rifle.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-02 22:54:49

im level 29 and i have to say its getting crazy, i suppress all my weapons and i rape with them.

End of Line.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-03 00:56:37

Tried the jets some more, still can't get a single point out of them. Hate to say it, but without flares, you're nothing but a point piñata. Feels like if you haven't unlocked the basics already, you're screwed and might as well give up on them entirely. 300 points doesn't sound like much, but it's impossible if everyone else in the sky is loaded for bear and all you've got is the default machine gun. Next time I fly a jet, I'm going to try going kamakazi on a helicopter, and hope at least something comes out of it. At this point, it really seems like the only option.

I don't mind vehicles having unlocks and I think it's a nice motivator like the rest of the kits, but for fuck's sake, at least give us the basics.

Don't pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-03 07:47:17

Why do people whine so much about getting sniped? If you don't like it, don't stand out in the open with a fucking stinger for 5 minutes.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-03 11:02:27

At 11/3/11 07:49 AM, Cootie wrote: People whine about being sniped in this game? I've only been sniped one time so far.

Only been sniped once? Have you only played like two games or something? Sure there doesn't seem to be as many snipers as there were in BC2, it's not like everyone has abandoned the class. I think the unlocks for Recon are pretty shit, but I still like my sniper rifles.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-03 13:41:06

Went to the BF3 release-party at Berns yesterday. First time I've ever seen a party of that magnitude with a bunch of consoles set up for anyone to enjoy... playing and drinking =/= good idea.

Wakka wakka

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-03 16:06:00

I'm just getting frustrated with the game the past two days.
There's no team work going on, every helicopter I enter that has another pilot is getting crashed, etc etc.

No fun, where's the team play that Battlefield always had?

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-03 16:10:38

At 11/3/11 04:06 PM, Luke wrote: I'm just getting frustrated with the game the past two days.
There's no team work going on, every helicopter I enter that has another pilot is getting crashed, etc etc.

No fun, where's the team play that Battlefield always had?

get your friends together and use team-chat, proper communication within the squad is da shit!

Wakka wakka

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-03 16:12:39

At 11/3/11 04:06 PM, Luke wrote: No fun, where's the team play that Battlefield always had?

It's far better if you play with friends or make friends with people who play regularly and properly. It's way more fun when I play with my friends. Communication is key. Not once have I had a guy in my team that used the mic, although saying that I don't usually bother myself if I don't know the folk I'm playing with.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-03 16:16:31

At 11/3/11 04:10 PM, Rucklo wrote: get your friends together and use team-chat, proper communication within the squad is da shit!

All of my friend's are too broke to afford it right now, or not interested. :(

And the ONE friend who does have it only likes TDM... Fuck that.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-03 17:26:57

At 11/3/11 04:16 PM, Luke wrote:
At 11/3/11 04:10 PM, Rucklo wrote: get your friends together and use team-chat, proper communication within the squad is da shit!
All of my friend's are too broke to afford it right now, or not interested. :(

And the ONE friend who does have it only likes TDM... Fuck that.

i usually just play conquest... on caspian border :D
but tdm can be fun once in a while. i gfotta start playing other maps and game-modes tho :)
if they're broke, you could be a a friend and buy 'em a copy ;)

Wakka wakka

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-03 19:40:04

If I wasn't broke I sure would lol.

TDM is just boring to me, I love conquest and rush because I feel like I actually have something to do besides shoot people and blow things up.

It's all about that Conquest. I don't know what my fav map is, but I do know I rarely get OP Metro when I play Conquest, and I really like the outside area of that map.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-04 04:59:29

I played some squad TDM last night but I reckon it was only as fun because the squad consisted of people that I knew (sorta). Rush will always be my favourite mode though. If Rush was the only game mode I wouldn't be complaining.

You guys need to hit me up with your Battlelog page. I need to see how I compare with you fine chaps.

Here's mine.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-04 05:21:35

At 11/4/11 04:59 AM, Dean wrote: I played some squad TDM last night but I reckon it was only as fun because the squad consisted of people that I knew (sorta). Rush will always be my favourite mode though. If Rush was the only game mode I wouldn't be complaining.

You guys need to hit me up with your Battlelog page. I need to see how I compare with you fine chaps.

Here's mine.

My stats

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/sol dier/JesDaMess/stats/298821785/ps3/

Also, I just figured out the g3 is the assault equivalent of the scar for engineer. Hope it doesnt get abused.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-04 08:18:50

If I'm really lucky then LoveFilm will send me this by Monday (if at all), and my friend is giving me one of his headsets then, so I can play with some of you lovely gentlemen.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-04 09:40:33

At 11/4/11 07:58 AM, Cootie wrote: I like Conquest more because you have access to much more of the map at one time.

You might get access to more of the map at one time, but you see far less of the map, I think. Rush is the only mode that I've played so far that gives you access to the full maps. Correct me if I'm wrong.

As much as a now love Battlefield 3 I hate it at the same time. Because of it, I have left all my coursework to the last minute which has in turn made me have to pass up a free (I think) ticket to see Motorhead play in Glasgow tomorrow night and I fucking love Motorhead.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-04 09:52:10

Everyone knows Motorhead only ever released one song, Dean.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-04 09:58:03

At 11/4/11 09:52 AM, Snuff wrote: Everyone knows Motorhead only ever released one song, Dean.

Pfft. Sure some of their stuff sounds similar, but it's a winning formula in my books. Plus, have you listened to The World Is Yours? A lot of the songs on there sound fairly different. Give "Brotherhood of Man" a listen if you only want to go for one song. It's my favourite Motorhead song.

Oh yea, and Battlefield 3 and stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-04 11:45:18

Question. You know the feed that displays on the main menu? How do you actually get it to display your friends unlocks and whatnot? I'm playing on Xbox and I'd assume that it would have just added the people from your friends like to it automatically, but it hasn't so I'm guessing we either have to do it manually or it's not functioning properly.

Anyone able to fill me in on how it works?

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-04 15:20:15

I play on XBL, WadeNG is my gamer tag. I always try to be a team player, usually play Rush. Drives me nuts when I don't get support trying to unarm a bomb, etc, and you just see people laying around while it's going off.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-04 16:44:27

Not a very good trailer, but it's our first glimpse at gameplay on the Back to Karkand maps.

http://youtu.be/TyN_Zjw4l-s

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-04 17:38:26

At 11/4/11 04:36 PM, Cootie wrote:
At 11/4/11 03:20 PM, WadeFulp wrote: I play on XBL, WadeNG is my gamer tag. I always try to be a team player, usually play Rush. Drives me nuts when I don't get support trying to unarm a bomb, etc, and you just see people laying around while it's going off.
How about people who get in the jet only to immediately hit a fucking mountain...

Or at the very start, you and your guys spawn in the chopper, pilot crashes immediately...

If you can't fly, STOP TRYING!! >:C

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-04 18:40:25

At 11/4/11 09:58 AM, Dean wrote:
Pfft.

Dean, stop making up song titles.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-04 21:17:30

First time in a jet, I shot down two enemy jets with the machine gun attachment within a few minutes.

Feels good man.

A Thread for Battlefield 3

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-04 21:25:11

Oh and then I flew into the floor because I fucking suck with jets.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-04 21:40:03

Jets are gay I fly on my gun.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-11-05 00:58:36

At 11/4/11 09:25 PM, Dromedary wrote: Oh and then I flew into the floor because I fucking suck with jets.

One thing I wish is for is the ability to enter empty or near empty servers and still move around and do things, although it's understandable if points don't count until enough people enter and an official ranked match can start. This way, you could have practice rounds, something for people to do while waiting for more people to enter the server instead of just standing there doing nothing. Meanwhile, it would give people trying to learn how to fly jets and helicopters a good, empty practice field where they don't need to worry about jet and helicopter experts gunning them out of the sky the millisecond they take off, and it won't hurt their score if they accidentally crash or whatever.

Jets and helicopters just take practice. I was having a horrendous time with them earlier, but I'm slowly getting better. One thing I realized is that it helps to switch from first person and third person views. Use the third person view to find targets and see what's around you, and then switch to first person to get a nice, accurate aim on them when they're in front of you. I started doing better when I was doing this, but I still need a few unlocks to really have a good, fighting chance in the air.

Don't pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

BBS Signature