New Topic Respond to this Topic
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-02-11 18:08:53 Reply

At 2/11/11 03:41 PM, Makeshift wrote: A couple of video interviews with DICE. Nothing too fantastic.

Yeah, pretty much the same thing they've been saying for the last week.

Am I the only one that goes to youtube everyday and searches Battlefield 3 to see if they've uploaded gameplay footage?

So far, some dick keeps uploading bad company 1 demos, saying it's BF3, trying to make people think BF3 is gonna suck.

A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones. Proverbs 17:22
"It's not gay because we're bros." - Gobblemeister

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-02-11 21:46:01 Reply

I just got the Game Informer Battlefield 3 issue. I though my subscription had ended, but I guess not.

I was reading about the multiplayer, and they addressed one of my main concerns. The lack of unlockables in BC2. The developer said that they never even expected people to reach level 22, so they thought they had enough stuff to unlock.

They said this time around there will be a hell of a lot more. "There will be a lot more things to unlock, not only weapons and other treats, but we have more things than you can unlock in BC2. We're also making sure that there is a reason for you to reach the top rank."

I am very confident in this multiplayer.

A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones. Proverbs 17:22

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-02-12 00:19:15 Reply

Hmmm this seems good. I hope that they have magnum ammo as a high level unlock. I think that the power it brings is enough not to be cheap, but high enough to provide a noticeable reward for people who play the game a WHOLE lot.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-02-12 00:28:37 Reply

At 2/12/11 12:19 AM, Cootie wrote: Hmmm this seems good. I hope that they have magnum ammo as a high level unlock. I think that the power it brings is enough not to be cheap, but high enough to provide a noticeable reward for people who play the game a WHOLE lot.

Damage/HP modifiers shouldn't be in the game, IMO. Makes it kind of hard for newbies.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-02-12 00:46:58 Reply

At 2/12/11 12:28 AM, ironraven24 wrote: Damage/HP modifiers shouldn't be in the game, IMO. Makes it kind of hard for newbies.

I agree. I think it just makes it unbalanced for anyone.

Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-02-12 00:53:38 Reply

At 2/12/11 12:46 AM, Makeshift wrote:
At 2/12/11 12:28 AM, ironraven24 wrote: Damage/HP modifiers shouldn't be in the game, IMO. Makes it kind of hard for newbies.
I agree. I think it just makes it unbalanced for anyone.

For the most part. In BC2 my K/Ds were a lot worse when I was a low level opposed to say, when I started to get decent weapons.. and Magnum ammo, etc.

If you want high damage, play hardcore.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-02-12 14:40:44 Reply

At 2/12/11 12:53 AM, ironraven24 wrote: If you want high damage, play hardcore.

Hardcore just pisses me off. Snipers everywhere, flourishing because of the lack of a kill cam.

BBS Signature
funnyhomeboy
funnyhomeboy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-02-12 18:53:44 Reply

At 2/12/11 02:40 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote:
At 2/12/11 12:53 AM, ironraven24 wrote: If you want high damage, play hardcore.
Hardcore just pisses me off. Snipers everywhere, flourishing because of the lack of a kill cam.

Yeah, maybe like a handheld radar would be good for BF3. It would be like you'd have to take it out manually to see if anyone had placed any spots or fired a weapon, but you would have to do so at your own risk, since it should take up the space of your main weapon, and you'd have to use your secondary whilst using the radar. This adds a bit of weight to those in heavy firefights or being sniped, but would still allow them to see where in the world they're (or another teammate) being sniped/shot AT.

Of course, on non-hardcore this wouldn't be the case. That way it would make campers easier to spot and would still be the 'hardcore, no HUD' experience.

I put the BS in BBS.

BBS Signature
chubzilla100
chubzilla100
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-02-12 20:02:37 Reply

It looks exciting and all, but why do we have a thread for a game which wont be realised for another 9 months?

Steam: Chubzilla100 also Check out da You Tubes

I dont think you understand the importance of clicking my sig, and the limitless prizes it holds.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-02-12 20:05:34 Reply

At 2/12/11 08:02 PM, chubzilla100 wrote: It looks exciting and all, but why do we have a thread for a game which wont be realised for another 9 months?

To discuss new information about the game and help others find it. This thread has already been a good source for information compiled onto a couple pages of text.

IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-02-12 20:25:22 Reply

At 2/12/11 06:53 PM, funnyhomeboy wrote: Yeah, maybe like a handheld radar would be good for BF3.

You mean like in BF2: modern combat?

Only snipers could use the radar, only had three tries, and it took for fucking ever to reload.

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-02-12 20:31:34 Reply

double post

The beta is coming out in October. Dice released a tweet saying "The #BF3 beta expected in October."

I don't know how they are going to do it, but I know that the new MOH of comes with a BF3 beta code.

BBS Signature
Danavers
Danavers
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-02-13 00:52:40 Reply

I hope it doesn't make like the new MOH.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-02-13 00:53:31 Reply

At 2/13/11 12:52 AM, Danavers wrote: I hope it doesn't make like the new MOH.

I wouldn't even think for 5 seconds that it could be like Medal of Honor. There's... no way...

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-02-13 01:24:07 Reply

At 2/13/11 12:53 AM, Makeshift wrote:
At 2/13/11 12:52 AM, Danavers wrote: I hope it doesn't make like the new MOH.
I wouldn't even think for 5 seconds that it could be like Medal of Honor. There's... no way...

True. No game is going to want to be like Medal of Honor due to how shit the new one is. Does anybody have a wishlist for Battle Field 3 that they would like to share? Hmmmmm?

Forge mode pl0x?

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-02-13 01:28:04 Reply

At 2/13/11 01:24 AM, Cootie wrote:
Forge mode pl0x?

Not going to see it. DICE doesn't plan on releasing any mod tools for the PC version, so there's no doubt in my mind that we won't be seeing a forge mode.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-02-13 01:29:55 Reply

At 2/13/11 01:28 AM, Makeshift wrote:
At 2/13/11 01:24 AM, Cootie wrote:
Forge mode pl0x?
Not going to see it. DICE doesn't plan on releasing any mod tools for the PC version, so there's no doubt in my mind that we won't be seeing a forge mode.

I already assumed such, and the game should still be good without it. Now, I am glad that you can change your class appearance in the game... no more stupid fucking red beret getting me shot in the face.

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-02-14 21:23:41 Reply

No magnum ammo.

A developer tweeted that there will be no magnum ammo. He also said that he did not like the way damage/hp modifiers worked out in BC2.

He didn't directly say there would be no damage/hp modifiers, but he did say directly there would be no magnum ammo.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-02-14 21:52:24 Reply

At 2/14/11 09:23 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: No magnum ammo.

Ballsack. Oh well, I will be able to do just fine without them I suppose. I hope they buff up all weapon damage to magnum ammo levels to compensate for this... because I sure do love my shotguns with slugs and magnum ammo.

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-02-14 22:08:23 Reply

At 2/14/11 09:52 PM, Cootie wrote:
Ballsack. Oh well, I will be able to do just fine without them I suppose. I hope they buff up all weapon damage to magnum ammo levels to compensate for this... because I sure do love my shotguns with slugs and magnum ammo.

I hope they make HP lower. Like hardcore level HP on the regular mode.

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-02-16 09:50:58 Reply

EA CEO said that he is confident that BF3 will be considered the game of the year.

He said that he feels that EA started the FPS genre with MOH, and he intends to get EA back on top.

so many acronyms...

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-02-16 15:32:55 Reply

At 2/16/11 09:50 AM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: EA CEO said that he is confident that BF3 will be considered the game of the year.

He said that he feels that EA started the FPS genre with MOH, and he intends to get EA back on top.

so many acronyms...

I think that right now BFBC2 is already the best military shooter out there, so I think that they are already back on top. Now BF3 seems awesome and I am sure it will sell a shit ton of games.

By "on top" does he mean in sales or quality?

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-02-16 16:20:06 Reply

At 2/16/11 03:32 PM, Cootie wrote:
At 2/16/11 09:50 AM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: EA CEO said that he is confident that BF3 will be considered the game of the year.

so many acronyms...
I think that right now BFBC2 is already the best military shooter out there, so I think that they are already back on top. Now BF3 seems awesome and I am sure it will sell a shit ton of games.

By "on top" does he mean in sales or quality?

I think he means he wants the BF franchise to dominate the FPS market.

I still don't get why BC2 didn't get more popular. It should have done a lot better. DICE, however, said it did better than they thought. They said it was an experiment more than anything.

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-02-16 22:09:53 Reply

I just thought of something I would love to see in this game.

When an explosion occurs, I would like to see people react like they do when they get hit by cars in GTA IV.

BBS Signature
Tekken9292
Tekken9292
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-02-17 00:28:35 Reply

I wish they'd make a 2142 sequel already.
The setting allows them to take liberties with gameplay that ultimately end up making it more fun, which wouldn't fit into a WWII/Modern era game.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-02-21 14:56:50 Reply

I love these studio tours.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-02-21 15:05:32 Reply

At 2/21/11 02:56 PM, Makeshift wrote: I love these studio tours.

OK, this one kind of sucked.

Fezz
Fezz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-02-21 17:34:53 Reply

Read GameInformer's cover story on this.

Mad hype.

IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-02-21 19:08:35 Reply

I was visiting family this weekend and brought my PS3 with me. I convinced my little 5th grade cousin to convert from COD to Battlefield. I feel like a battlefield missionary.

I let him play BC2 online, and that way I got to teach him how to play as a team. I got him to throw health, revive team mates, drive vehicles, and arm objectives.

He said he is going to ask his mom if he can get BC2, and he's gonna save up for BF3.

I saved him from the COD side.

BBS Signature
TheJungleBunny
TheJungleBunny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-02-21 21:28:02 Reply

Finally, maybe Snipers will actually Spot now. That's something I'd like to see, more teamwork. How many people have 6 of 12 people as Snipers, without a single one using Motion Mines. They're the most useful utility in the game. If you're at the end of a round, on defense, and you're all trying to defend the Comm Station like wasps, bees, vultures, ect. And the enemies are closing in, throw motion mines like a bitch! If you have soldiers, it's essentially unlimited Motion MInes. And if you have 6/12 people Snipers, that's pretty much > 1/8 of the map < while that is a extreme exaggeration, I've been the only Sniper using them on White Pass in the beginning, with only 'A' left, using Motion Mines, and we won. Now, of course it may have simply been my teammates actual skill, but I got the 50 Motion Mine Assists Medal that game. How many people have actually gotten that?