IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 4th, 2011 @ 04:14 PM Reply

At 2/4/11 03:56 PM, Cootie wrote:
Yeah, but most miss and are far too far away to be accurate and effective. I would be fine with snipers coming back and being able to go prone as long as the 12x scope doesn't come back. They just sit back the whole match trying to get "leet headshots" while missing half the time.

Sometimes I play as a sniper, but I never stay that far back. I never use the 12x scope either.

I always stay within motion-mine throwing distance of the objective.

A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones. Proverbs 17:22
"It's not gay because we're bros." - Gobblemeister

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 4th, 2011 @ 05:28 PM Reply

At 2/4/11 04:14 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote:
At 2/4/11 03:56 PM, Cootie wrote:
Yeah, but most miss and are far too far away to be accurate and effective. I would be fine with snipers coming back and being able to go prone as long as the 12x scope doesn't come back. They just sit back the whole match trying to get "leet headshots" while missing half the time.
Sometimes I play as a sniper, but I never stay that far back. I never use the 12x scope either.

I always stay within motion-mine throwing distance of the objective.

Good lad! That is how the class is supposed to be played and you are supposed to always use the motion mines. I think the sniper class would be less "hated" and less saturated if they just took out the 12x scope.

The 12x scope is one of the few flaws from BC2.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Sammeh
Sammeh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 4th, 2011 @ 06:08 PM Reply

What do you mean "Battlefield Bad Company 2 had few flaws"? You couldn't even fucking go prone. It is the epiphany of consolization. If DICE doesn't pull it out of the bag this time round then Battlefield will be well and truly dead.

my opinion = fact

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 4th, 2011 @ 06:19 PM Reply

At 2/4/11 06:08 PM, Sammeh wrote: What do you mean "Battlefield Bad Company 2 had few flaws"? You couldn't even fucking go prone.

Battlefield 2 had prone. People kept complaining about campers using it, and people using it to dolphin dive.

Bad company 2 doesn't have prone. People complain about it.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones. Proverbs 17:22

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 5th, 2011 @ 12:34 PM Reply

Someone leaked a promotional poster early which says that Strike at Karkand will be available as DLC at release time.

http://kotaku.com/5752686/leaked-battlef ield-3-dlc-info-points-to-a-classic-map-
reboot

A Thread for Battlefield 3

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 5th, 2011 @ 05:14 PM Reply

At 2/4/11 06:08 PM, Sammeh wrote: What do you mean "Battlefield Bad Company 2 had few flaws"? You couldn't even fucking go prone. It is the epiphany of consolization. If DICE doesn't pull it out of the bag this time round then Battlefield will be well and truly dead.

Yeah, truly dead. Because the game sells millions of copies and has a rabid fanbase and the reviews LOVE this series. Anyways, people going prone is a pain in the ass. People just like to sit around being prone while not planting bombs.

BBS Signature
Corpus-Delicti
Corpus-Delicti
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 5th, 2011 @ 05:19 PM Reply

Time to fly jets into buildings...

SouthAsian
SouthAsian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 5th, 2011 @ 08:34 PM Reply

Got addicted to BFBC2 I'm eagerly anticipating this game.

IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 6th, 2011 @ 05:49 PM Reply

More details have been released. Much to my delight, this time around I can play as the United States Marine Corps:

Battlefield 3 leaps ahead of the competition with the power of Frostbite%u2122 2, the next instalment of DICE's cutting-edge game engine. This state-of-the-art technology is the foundation on which Battlefield 3 is built, delivering superior visual quality, a grand sense of scale, massive destruction, dynamic audio and incredibly lifelike character animations. As bullets whiz by, walls crumble, and explosions throw you to the ground, the battlefield feels more alive and interactive than ever before. In Battlefield 3, players step into the role of the elite U.S. Marines where they will experience heart-pounding single player missions and competitive multiplayer actions ranging across diverse locations from around the globe including Paris, Tehran and New York.

KEY FEATURES

Frostbite 2 - Battlefield 3 introduces Frostbite 2, the incredible technology that takes animation, destruction, lighting, scale and audio to new heights. Built upon this powerful game engine, Battlefield 3 immerses players physically and emotionally to the world around them like never before.

Feel the Battle - Feel the impact of bullets and explosions, drag your fallen comrades into safety, and mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain. Battlefield 3's cutting edge animation, spectacular visuals and real as hell battle gameplay attack your senses and make you feel the visceral warriors experience like no other FPS.

Unparalleled Vehicle Warfare - The best online vehicle warfare experience gets even better with a fitting sonic boom as fighter jets headline impressive lineup of land, air and sea vehicles.

Urban Combat - Take the fight to iconic and unexpected places in the USA, Middle East, and Europe including claustrophobic streets, metropolitan downtowns, and open, vehicle-friendly landscapes as you fight your way through the war of tomorrow.

http://www.ripten.com/2011/02/06/battlef ield-3-an-explosion-of-details/

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 6th, 2011 @ 08:55 PM Reply

Demo video for the frostbite 2 engine.

Mostly about lighting effects I believe.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/battle field-3-frostbite-2-engine-demo-video/

Plus, a developer sent out a tweet that said:

"Bullet drop will be different from BC2. In BC2, it was the same for every gun."

This hints that bullet drop will change from weapon to weapon.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 7th, 2011 @ 04:15 PM Reply

I am excited to hear about the new maps coming along. Being able to fight in famous cities such as New York City and Paris seems wicked awesome. I can't wait to see some real gameplay footage.

BBS Signature
LulzCal
LulzCal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 7th, 2011 @ 04:22 PM Reply

At 2/6/11 08:55 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: Demo video for the frostbite 2 engine.

This looks beautiful...
And the maps sound brilliant, being able to play in a fully destructible Paris or NYC sounds fun. Hopefully there will still be the typical Snow/Desert/Ruined Cities etc.

| Steam | AMD FX8320 - Asus 7950 - 8GB DDR3 - Asis M5A97 Pro - Xigmatek 750w - 120gb SSD - 1tb HDD - 500gb HDD -

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 7th, 2011 @ 04:32 PM Reply

Am I the only one that jizzed in their pants when they learned that you will have the ability to drag fallen team mates out of danger?

It's so small a change, yet it adds so much more depth. This is how they are going to finally kill COD, by adding depth never before seen in a FPS.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 7th, 2011 @ 04:36 PM Reply

At 2/7/11 04:32 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: Am I the only one that jizzed in their pants when they learned that you will have the ability to drag fallen team mates out of danger?

It's so small a change, yet it adds so much more depth. This is how they are going to finally kill COD, by adding depth never before seen in a FPS.

I don't think it's going to be too big of a deal, especially because I imagine it will be single player only. I kind of hope it's not because in multiplayer it would be irritating to get a kill, just to have someone pulled to safety, unless it works like reviving, but you can drag the dead body to a safe point. I'm not sure it sounds very useful. Could you give me a scenario where dragging a dead body to revive in a different position would be any better than just reviving someone right there? I'm sure you'd be slowed down while dragging, so if someone was coming at you, it's not like it would make you any safer.

IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 7th, 2011 @ 04:49 PM Reply

At 2/7/11 04:36 PM, Makeshift wrote: things

It wouldn't surprise me if they made it harder to revive. Like a longer animation, such as applying bandages.

I don't know, I'm just speculating. That seems like the only way to make dragging bodies out of the line of fire worth it.

I am also happy about the fact you can rest your weapon on anything.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 7th, 2011 @ 05:30 PM Reply

At 2/7/11 04:49 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote:

It sounds cool. You can be a sniper and yet have an assault rifle you had laying next to you just incase the enemy starts getting a tad too close. I wonder how this new bullet drop is going to work, I mean unless you are using a sniper rifle bullet drop wasn't really that noticeable.

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 7th, 2011 @ 05:31 PM Reply

At 2/7/11 04:49 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: I am also happy about the fact you can rest your weapon on anything.

You're not the only one, I remember being able to do that on CoD3, and BRO, they were good times.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 7th, 2011 @ 05:33 PM Reply

At 2/7/11 05:30 PM, Cootie wrote:
At 2/7/11 04:49 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote:
It sounds cool. You can be a sniper and yet have an assault rifle you had laying next to you just incase the enemy starts getting a tad too close. I wonder how this new bullet drop is going to work, I mean unless you are using a sniper rifle bullet drop wasn't really that noticeable.

Is that what they mean when they say you can rest your weapon on nearly anything? That sounds pretty cool, but what I thought they meant was that you could rest it on a fence or while you're laying down, you could rest it on the ground for additional accuracy.

Gasthecar
Gasthecar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 7th, 2011 @ 07:06 PM Reply

Seems good

But More and more i see that Battlefield is moving into the COD region which saddens me

The faceless hero in the campaign doing random missions around the world
Online may be a COD 4 replicant, that is if they don't follow the trend of kill-streaks(in the reveal trailer there was a jet which i don't think you will be able to fly, but it may not even be relevant)

BUT on that it will be awesome if they have 64 player online and expand on the BF:BC squad based multiplayer, still though i feel the single player will be even worse than bad company 2(and snipers will ruin online)

Oh and there should be GIANT DANCING CROCODILES FIRING VOMIT OUT THERE FEET

Still won't be nearly as good as Gears 3 though

Brandonhazswag
Brandonhazswag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 7th, 2011 @ 07:33 PM Reply

OK your dumb, did you read antything anyonee posted? Jets are not illstreaks ou can fly them, you can go prone, singleplayer can be co-op and the multiplayer is going in the complete opposite direction as CoD. You are just irritatingly uninformed, my good man.

"Life is like a dice game; one roll can land you in jail or cuttin' cake blowin kisses in the rice rain" - Jay Electronica

PillowPants
PillowPants
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 7th, 2011 @ 08:15 PM Reply

I hope my internet cap is lifted before this game is released...

it would be my first day one purchase for a game

A toil today is a lesson tomorrow.

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 7th, 2011 @ 09:20 PM Reply

At 2/7/11 05:30 PM, Cootie wrote: It sounds cool. You can be a sniper and yet have an assault rifle you had laying next to you just incase the enemy starts getting a tad too close. I wonder how this new bullet drop is going to work, I mean unless you are using a sniper rifle bullet drop wasn't really that noticeable.

I hope they are increasing bullet drop. In real life, it's quite noticable even at 100 yards.

I guess what they are meaning, is that bullet drop will be dependant on the caliber of the round like real life. At least, I hope so.

It's mostly all speculation now, but I bet it won't be long before they give us a glimpse of gameplay.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 8th, 2011 @ 02:47 AM Reply

At 2/7/11 09:20 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote:
At 2/7/11 05:30 PM, Cootie wrote: It sounds cool. You can be a sniper and yet have an assault rifle you had laying next to you just incase the enemy starts getting a tad too close. I wonder how this new bullet drop is going to work, I mean unless you are using a sniper rifle bullet drop wasn't really that noticeable.
I hope they are increasing bullet drop. In real life, it's quite noticable even at 100 yards.

True, and it will give those who master it and even bigger advantage. I like games where people who aren't very good will always get dominated by people who are. I didn't like CoD because no matter how good you were you probably weren't going to get more than a 2.0 K/D ratio.

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 8th, 2011 @ 06:21 AM Reply

Not sure if this has been linked yet.. but http://www.gamersmint.com/battlefield-3-
gameinformer-scans-are-here-info-blowout /

"PC version is lead version" :DDDDDD

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature
CaveStoryGrounds
CaveStoryGrounds
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Writer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 8th, 2011 @ 06:26 AM Reply

At 2/8/11 06:21 AM, ironraven24 wrote: Not sure if this has been linked yet.. but http://www.gamersmint.com/battlefield-3-
gameinformer-scans-are-here-info-blowout /

I still wanna know if the maps will be the same on all versions and if jets will be on the console versions. Otherwise it looks sick.

Yokumashu
Yokumashu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 8th, 2011 @ 11:53 AM Reply

24 player console multiplayer

64 player PC multiplayer with PC as lead platform

Oh god, ps360 fanboys are raging on sites like N4G.

PSN id - dellick
STEAM id - Yokumashu
GUILE THEME GOES WITH EVERYTHING

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 8th, 2011 @ 02:10 PM Reply

The new info sounds great and it has gotten me even more hyped up for this game since it seems like they are putting an insane amount of work into it. I hope that the console player cap moves up to at least 36 though.

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 8th, 2011 @ 03:17 PM Reply

This new information is amazing.

I can't wait, and my guess is they will have some sort of gameplay footage out within the next two weeks.

From reading the article, even the reporters haven't seen any kind of multiplayer footage yet. I hope that means it is so awesome they don't want it getting out yet.

I am also psyched for this new engine. The graphics it offers sounds amazing. It also seems the destructibility can be done on smaller, more detailed levels. That is great. I have also wished that they could make the destruction more detailed.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 8th, 2011 @ 03:33 PM Reply

Everything's looking amazing. It seems like games in general are going to have very realistic animations in the future with games like Battlefield 3 and TESV: Skyrim already announcing how advanced their technology is. I can't wait for some gameplay footage.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Feb. 11th, 2011 @ 03:41 PM Reply

A couple of video interviews with DICE. Nothing too fantastic.