Be a Supporter!
Deadly-Shadow
Deadly-Shadow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to Dark Souls! Oct. 17th, 2011 @ 12:38 AM Reply

At 10/16/11 05:14 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: The Tomb of the Giants is a real bitch. Everything is pitch black, and there's giant skeletons everywhere.

You might want to adjust the game's brightness. The default settings make the game a lot darker than they should be.

BBS Signature
Panzer-Wolf
Panzer-Wolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Dark Souls! Oct. 17th, 2011 @ 04:19 AM Reply

At 10/12/11 08:03 PM, phrozonfire wrote: What do I do with my 30,000 souls?

And I have 3 dragon scales, should I upgrade the Drake Sword?

Don't. You're better off spending your souls on upgrading another weapon. The Drake Sword doesn't scale to your stats so you'll end up regretting it later like I did.

At 10/16/11 04:34 PM, phrozonfire wrote: Smough and Ornstein are fucking me UP.

And I've just been running to the white fog, because I can't kill those two giants, so I haven't used the black orb yet to kill that gold asshole.

If you have The Lighting spear, or any lighting weapon, tank the giant first. His weakness is lighting so as long as you're aware where Ornstein is then you should be fine from there. Just be careful.

Also, I've beaten Dark Souls! On to NG+!

Free will is a load of bull.

BBS Signature
wafflecake12
wafflecake12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Dark Souls! Oct. 17th, 2011 @ 07:31 AM Reply

So what's the deal with Astora's straight sword? I see that it deal 80 physical and 80 magic damage, but whenever I hit something it only does about 80. And I do meet the stat requirements.

Gamertag: Evilchicken43
"Screw those people, I have pancakes."
Sig by simon

BBS Signature
Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Dark Souls! Oct. 17th, 2011 @ 04:54 PM Reply

At 10/17/11 12:38 AM, Deadly-Shadow wrote:
At 10/16/11 05:14 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: The Tomb of the Giants is a real bitch. Everything is pitch black, and there's giant skeletons everywhere.
You might want to adjust the game's brightness. The default settings make the game a lot darker than they should be.

The tomb of giants is supposed to be pitch black, but it's fine now that I found the skull lantern.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature
Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Dark Souls! Oct. 19th, 2011 @ 05:19 PM Reply

90 minute speed run, holy shit.

BBS Signature
wafflecake12
wafflecake12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Dark Souls! Oct. 19th, 2011 @ 11:11 PM Reply

Ever since the first mimic, I beat the hell out of every chest I see. And it saved my ass once so far. Also, where is ash lake? I wanna be a dragon.

Gamertag: Evilchicken43
"Screw those people, I have pancakes."
Sig by simon

BBS Signature
Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Dark Souls! Oct. 19th, 2011 @ 11:48 PM Reply

Seath the Scaless is such a bitch. Why the fuck would they give a boss the ability to curse you in a world where you can't warp out? That's just cruel.

BBS Signature
Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Dark Souls! Oct. 19th, 2011 @ 11:53 PM Reply

At 10/19/11 11:11 PM, wafflecake12 wrote: Ever since the first mimic, I beat the hell out of every chest I see. And it saved my ass once so far. Also, where is ash lake? I wanna be a dragon.

Through the Great Hollow, which is hidden behind an illusory wall in Blight Town.

BBS Signature
Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Dark Souls! Oct. 23rd, 2011 @ 01:00 AM Reply

Killed all the bosses aside from the four kings. I think I'll clear the great hollow/ ash lake before tackling New Londo, so I can get the trophy from joining path of the dragon. I really don't want to go through all those fucking curse frogs, but I really want to get as many trophies as possible before finishing this playthrough.

BBS Signature
mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Dark Souls! Oct. 23rd, 2011 @ 01:35 PM Reply

Fuck...lost over 80,000 souls against that Firesage Demon.

Grinded in the forest, grinded for some humanity from the blasted rats that have humanity for God knows what, joined the Witch covenant, got some kickass pyromancy spells, and now I'm in Lost Izalith.

Hot damn this place is terrible. Giant demonic t-rexes, chaos bugs (sorry Solaire), giant bread bugs, moving statues, and a witch that's using her pyromancy on me and not on the stove?

Shit just got intense. After this, Tomb of the Giants. That Maggot Helmet seems like it will come in handy because the Tomb is...stupid.

Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Dark Souls! Oct. 23rd, 2011 @ 02:35 PM Reply

There's a shortcut that opens to skip almost all of Lost Izalith, and save Solaire, f you give the witch 30 humanity. It's pretty easy to grind for humanity in the Tomb of Giants, but you say you haven't been there yet.

Anyways, I'm fighting Gwyn now. I can usually get him to half health, but he never stops attacking. I would summon help if I didn't get invaded so damn much in human form.

BBS Signature
Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Dark Souls! Oct. 23rd, 2011 @ 04:21 PM Reply

Just beat the game. The ending was pretty disappointing, but it's not like I was playing this game for the story. Oh well, on to NG+!

BBS Signature
mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Dark Souls! Oct. 23rd, 2011 @ 07:13 PM Reply

At 10/23/11 02:35 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: There's a shortcut that opens to skip almost all of Lost Izalith, and save Solaire.

Unfortunately, I wasn't aware of that right after I killed the Centipede Demon. Saw Lost Izalith and the area loaded. Then I found out that you can get 30 humanity to get a short cut in the witch's lair. Unfortunately Solaire is dead (I miss him).

It's pretty easy to grind for humanity in the Tomb of Giants, but you say you haven't been there yet.
Well yesterday, I killed Pinwheel with Quelaag's Furysword+4 so that was over in less then 20 seconds. Explored the Tomb, and I died. The Maggot helm seems to be useful, but I think I'll complete Lost Izalith first. The boss is right after a fog gate and I heard the boss is piss easy.

Anyways, I'm fighting Gwyn now. I can usually get him to half health, but he never stops attacking. I would summon help if I didn't get invaded so damn much in human form.

Damn. Cannot wait to fight this ass hole.

BBS Signature
Panzer-Wolf
Panzer-Wolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Dark Souls! Oct. 24th, 2011 @ 11:35 PM Reply

One more weapon and miracle for my thousand. I would be excited if I didn't know how long I would have to grind for that last miracle...

Free will is a load of bull.

BBS Signature
Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Dark Souls! Oct. 25th, 2011 @ 09:52 PM Reply

I'm blasting through NG+ like it's nothing. I'm 5 hours in, only died a handful of times, and I'm already at Sen's Fortess.

BBS Signature
Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Dark Souls! Oct. 27th, 2011 @ 07:46 PM Reply

The Four Kings in NG+ are fucking ridiculous. Even my incredibly overpowered crystal homing soul arrow takes like 5 uses to kill just one of them, melee does so little damage that their health bar doesn't even visibly go down. I would come back to it later, but I really want to join the Darkwraiths for the trophy.

BBS Signature
Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Dark Souls! Oct. 30th, 2011 @ 06:07 PM Reply

Just finished up NG+. If I can find the motivation to do another playthrough, it shouldn't be too hard to get the platinum trophy.

BBS Signature
mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Dark Souls! Oct. 31st, 2011 @ 11:43 AM Reply

Oh wow NG+ is easy. Just beat Nito and about to fight Gwyn again.

Bit late, but I like fighting Gwyn due to the music.

BBS Signature
Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Dark Souls! Nov. 4th, 2011 @ 11:44 PM Reply

I just invaded a someone's world in Anor Londo, and there were 3 people; the host, a phantom, and another invader. They were all wearing the fog ring and casting TWoP on eachother. This is really getting ridiculous.

BBS Signature
Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer

BBS Signature
Denton
Denton
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 59
Gamer
Response to Dark Souls! Nov. 23rd, 2011 @ 04:28 AM Reply

At 10/19/11 05:19 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: 90 minute speed run, holy shit.

That´s insane!!

It's impossible to use the bathroom in Denton's house, as not even his toilet paper takes shit from anyone.

BBS Signature
4urentertainment
4urentertainment
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Dark Souls! Nov. 23rd, 2011 @ 05:05 AM Reply

Ok so I need some guidance over here.

I'm currently up in that part where the gargoyles are. I only attempted to fight them once, and I very easily took out half his health until the other gargoyle came in, then that was just a mess.

I'm a thief, and I haven't really been focusing on one stat, I just have Dex at 20, the rest at 10's or so, Vitality at 13 I think, and Strength at 14. I've got the soul arrow, and purchased the heavy one because I thought it would help me defeat the gargoyles, but it's too slow that I think I'd be dead before I can fire any.

What's constantly worrying me is which stat to level up. I've finally taken some time to get some souls, and have about 10k, could probably get 20k or 30k before I get really bored. But the question is, what do I do with them?

TL;DR: Do I level up with them? If so which stats should I increase? Do I focus on one stat or just increase all that matter to me? Or should I buy weapons/armor/magic?

mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Dark Souls! Nov. 24th, 2011 @ 12:31 AM Reply

At 11/23/11 11:51 PM, 0Z0NE wrote: Dark Souls? lmfao what kind of gay name is that?

What kind of simpleton uses a term that describes a rather depressing and dark world with happiness, joy, and something that is care free?

BBS Signature
Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Dark Souls! Nov. 24th, 2011 @ 12:36 AM Reply

At 11/23/11 11:51 PM, 0Z0NE wrote: Dark Souls? lmfao what kind of gay name is that?

A really gay one

Maverick-Alex
Maverick-Alex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Dark Souls! Dec. 6th, 2011 @ 04:27 PM Reply

So I am the only one playing this? Don't even care about plat. So much alts.

Combustablecake
Combustablecake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Dark Souls! Dec. 28th, 2011 @ 11:21 PM Reply

Anyone else get scarred for life when they saw the Gaping Dragon?

Just got dark souls about a week ago, played lightly until yesterday, when i had to restart after "accidentally" cutting oswald of carim into little meat cubes with a scimitar, realizing that wanderers are annoying to play, went to warrior and im just spamming ether lightning spear, fireorb, or my drake sword at anything i see. Just beat the gaping dragon, haven't gone in Blighttown yet, I've engaged in jolly cooperation like 8 times, only been invaded once, got pwned, but was right next to a bonfire so i got my stuff back, good thing too, i had 26,000 souls and 3 humanity on me at the time. I would have at least put up a fight if i hadn't been about to die when he invaded, he was at me before i could go for my flask and he had a 6 foot lightning katana thingie. Anyone else have a semi-intresting first invasion?

Combustablecake
Combustablecake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Dark Souls! Dec. 28th, 2011 @ 11:30 PM Reply

At 11/23/11 05:05 AM, 4urentertainment wrote: Ok so I need some guidance over here.

I'm currently up in that part where the gargoyles are. I only attempted to fight them once, and I very easily took out half his health until the other gargoyle came in, then that was just a mess.

I'm a thief, and I haven't really been focusing on one stat, I just have Dex at 20, the rest at 10's or so, Vitality at 13 I think, and Strength at 14. I've got the soul arrow, and purchased the heavy one because I thought it would help me defeat the gargoyles, but it's too slow that I think I'd be dead before I can fire any.

What's constantly worrying me is which stat to level up. I've finally taken some time to get some souls, and have about 10k, could probably get 20k or 30k before I get really bored. But the question is, what do I do with them?

TL;DR: Do I level up with them? If so which stats should I increase? Do I focus on one stat or just increase all that matter to me? Or should I buy weapons/armor/magic?

My suggestion would be to go human and get some help, Solaire's summon sign will always be there right before the fight, and maybe if your lucky there might be another player's, with a helper or two, they should be a piece of cake, also buy a few firebombs from the merchant, they are weak to fire, maybe if you can get some of that stuff that makes it so your weapon does fire damage might help too. If that all fails, change to an easier class to play, warrior and knight are easy, but some people always seem to go wanderer or thief which require the user to know his way around most baddies and the skill to dodge their attacks.

As for the fight itself:
the drake sword will help if you don't have it, go back and shoot of the drake's tail to get it.
Cutting of the tail of the first gargoyle will stun it for a vital few moments, them being fragile by boss standards make this give you a huge advantage.

Remember, when in doubt, engage in jolly cooperation!

Combustablecake
Combustablecake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Dark Souls! Dec. 28th, 2011 @ 11:36 PM Reply

As for the fight itself:
the drake sword will help if you don't have it, go back and shoot of the drake's tail to get it.
Cutting of the tail of the first gargoyle will stun it for a vital few moments, them being fragile by boss standards make this give you a huge advantage.

Remember, when in doubt, engage in jolly cooperation!

Nevermind about the drake sword, it requires stats you don't have to use

mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Dark Souls! Dec. 29th, 2011 @ 12:20 AM Reply

Taking a break from Skyrim and thought it would be swell to play some Dark Souls. Patch 1.05 they say?

Killed Gwyn who is easy because I thought you couldn't parry him. I don't feel an urge of starting NG++ so I'm gonna start a new character. Probably Thief class...
*90 minutes later*
Just killed the Capra Demon. Is it just me, or is Dark Souls a lot easier? I'm not talking about how I already know the areas, the enemies, where items are. What I'm talking about are the increased drop rates of some rare items and some weapons being unnecessarily upgraded. Found LOTS of humanity mind you.

Multiplayer is still fine though. Lots of people disconnect unfortunately. Guess there must be a whole lot of lil nublets running everywhere. They might as well run to the nearest cliff.

Only 74 hours of play time total between 2 characters?! I've already logged in 130 hours of Skyrim playtime on one character in less then a month! Dark Souls is a good break...along with some Uncharted 3.

BBS Signature
Combustablecake
Combustablecake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Dark Souls! Dec. 29th, 2011 @ 02:34 AM Reply

Just got pwned by the forest hunters for the second time, i'm not going human in there ever again.

First i was faced with someone who was about equal with me, however one of the NPC forest hunters was helping him out and gave him the upper hand, but i could use flasks and I got away a few times to heal, just before i was about to finish him with a lightning spear (SUNBROS FOREVAH) another forest hunter invaded, this one was clearly better than me and i was running low on estus. Eventally i ran out of spells and had to charge him with a drake sword and heater shield, he was still winning, then the first guy who i killed, came back and then the three forest hunters, one NPC the others players. PWNED me back to next tuesday.

The sad part was right before they finished me, i saw a summon sign near the door, i ran for it, but in a rush i messed up and hit cancel rather than summon and had to run away as they were about to surround me, i was backstabbed when i ran out of stamina about 30 seconds after, the whole fight before that consisted of me running away and lobbing lightning spears and fire orbs at them.

Anyone else get beat down by the hunters because they wanted to have smooth skin?