mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-12 15:40:14 Reply

At 10/12/11 02:16 PM, megakill wrote:
If you get cured twice then you should still at least give it a good shot trying to get it healed, but 3 times and I don't think anyone would blame you for giving up.

Yeah...it was three times. Hall mates just love to get some of that DS action. I'm actually doing a lot better with my other character anyway.

Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-12 15:48:45 Reply

Making a character choice... I think I'm going to go with the Hunter like I did in Demon's Souls.

Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-12 16:56:06 Reply

At 10/12/11 07:30 AM, wafflecake12 wrote: This master key is a mixed blessing. It has found me some cool items, but it also has unlocked some doors that were not meant to be unlocked. I unlocked one of them and got destroyed by some dick and his 30 foot sword.

Come back later and kill him. He drops a really useful ring.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature
Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-12 18:09:11 Reply

Forest covenant got pissed at me for no reason, so I had to run through all those motherfuckers to and from Great Grey Wolf Sif. At least the boss battle was easy.

BBS Signature
phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-12 18:24:20 Reply

I killed the butterfly first time just random;y running around Darkroot Garden.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
megakill
megakill
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-12 18:59:05 Reply

At 10/12/11 06:24 PM, phrozonfire wrote: I killed the butterfly first time just random;y running around Darkroot Garden.

Good job!
Make sure you give the ember to the blacksmith.

phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-12 19:51:00 Reply

At 10/12/11 06:59 PM, megakill wrote: Good job!
Make sure you give the ember to the blacksmith.

I did, and now I've just killed the giant wolf.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-12 20:03:08 Reply

What do I do with my 30,000 souls?

And I have 3 dragon scales, should I upgrade the Drake Sword?

BBS Signature
Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-12 20:59:07 Reply

At 10/12/11 08:03 PM, phrozonfire wrote: What do I do with my 30,000 souls?

And I have 3 dragon scales, should I upgrade the Drake Sword?

Upgrading the drake sword would help, but once you get to Sen's Fortress you get a lightning spear, which is better than the upgraded drake sword. You'd be better off just leveling up or buying some magic/miracles.

BBS Signature
Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-12 23:27:44 Reply

Finally cleared out Sen's Fortress. On to Anor Londo.

BBS Signature
phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-12 23:53:51 Reply

At 10/12/11 11:27 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: Finally cleared out Sen's Fortress. On to Anor Londo.

I just got to anor londo and activated the bridge. I can see 3 gargoyles and 2 giant knights.

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-13 18:46:36 Reply

Beat the Capra Demon with no issues today, woo.

Now I'm heading to The Depths. After that I think I'll continue on and hit Darkroot Forest, since Darkroot Basin comes after The Depths.. I don't know the map and stuff well but I imagine Darkroot Basin is through Darkroot Forest, yes?

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-13 18:56:23 Reply

At 10/13/11 06:46 PM, Luke wrote: Now I'm heading to The Depths.

Stay away from the frogs, dude.

STAY THE FUCK AWAY

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-13 19:10:27 Reply

At 10/13/11 06:56 PM, phrozonfire wrote:
At 10/13/11 06:46 PM, Luke wrote: Now I'm heading to The Depths.
Stay away from the frogs, dude.

STAY THE FUCK AWAY

These Butchers are great, 500 Souls each kill and they aren't too difficult. I like them!

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-13 19:10:56 Reply

At 10/13/11 06:46 PM, Luke wrote: Beat the Capra Demon with no issues today, woo.

Now I'm heading to The Depths. After that I think I'll continue on and hit Darkroot Forest, since Darkroot Basin comes after The Depths.. I don't know the map and stuff well but I imagine Darkroot Basin is through Darkroot Forest, yes?

You don't need the forest key to go to Darkroot Basin, it's just up a hill near the start of Darkroot Garden. There's some nice loot there if you manage to kill the hydra, and there's a merchant there that sells unique spells and a different catalyst. After you get whatever you want from the basin, go through Darkroot Garden. It's a fairly short area and you get an ember after you defeat Moonlight Butterfly.

BBS Signature
phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-13 19:12:56 Reply

At 10/13/11 07:10 PM, Luke wrote: These Butchers are great, 500 Souls each kill and they aren't too difficult. I like them!

Just stay away from the frogs, man.

Unless toy like having half a health bar permanently until you buy a cure.

BBS Signature
Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-13 19:13:40 Reply

Forgot one thing, the basin doesn't come after the depths, fucking Blight Towndoes.

BBS Signature
Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-13 19:17:14 Reply

At 10/13/11 07:12 PM, phrozonfire wrote:
At 10/13/11 07:10 PM, Luke wrote: These Butchers are great, 500 Souls each kill and they aren't too difficult. I like them!
Just stay away from the frogs, man.

Unless toy like having half a health bar permanently until you buy a cure.

Watch the fuck out for trap doors, or you'll fall straight into multiple frogs, who will proceed to curse the fuck out of you. You REALLY don't want to be cursed.

BBS Signature
mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-13 22:39:37 Reply

At 10/13/11 07:13 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: Forgot one thing, the basin doesn't come after the depths, fucking Blight Towndoes.

I...hate...Blight Town.

Gotta be careful on where to go, annoying enemies such as the mosquitoes (like those of Demon's Souls), poisonous bog, bad frame rate, one wrong slip can prove fatal if you're high, fire breathing puppies, a black phantom, spitting darts that can "poison" you, and other shit I just hate about it.

SL is 32, but I think I might skip it for now and get some other stuff. I'm thinking of going back to the asylum.

BBS Signature
Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-13 23:48:39 Reply

There's a shortcut in the Valley of Drakes to skip almost all of Blight Town. Just head to the end of the cave right after you cross the plank.

BBS Signature
megakill
megakill
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-14 09:55:15 Reply

Kills the gaping dragon on my first try. His tail never fell off from my attacks though...

Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-14 21:05:42 Reply

I can never get summoned anymore, I'm in Anor Londo, SL 34. Is everyone else around this area a much higher level, or am I just having shit luck?

BBS Signature
Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-14 22:45:28 Reply

I was fighting Smough and Ornstein. Ornstein was dead, and Smough had a sliver of health. My heavy soul arrow somehow missed, and fatass cornered me and killed me. I haven't gotten that close to beating those motherfuckers since then.

BBS Signature
megakill
megakill
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-15 12:40:15 Reply

At 10/14/11 10:45 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: I was fighting Smough and Ornstein. Ornstein was dead, and Smough had a sliver of health. My heavy soul arrow somehow missed, and fatass cornered me and killed me. I haven't gotten that close to beating those motherfuckers since then.

Ouchhhh... I haven't even gotten that far yet. I'm sure I'll have the same gruelling experience...

Deadly-Shadow
Deadly-Shadow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-15 23:17:02 Reply

Does anyone else find the online community dead compared to Demon's Souls? I've made it to Blight Town, and I still haven't been invaded yet. Also, I very rarely see ghosts.

BBS Signature
mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-16 13:12:35 Reply

Fought Quelaag for the first time last night. After all of the hype saying how she's a hard boss, I was pretty disappointed (and I'm a melee user). As long as you stayed on her side hitting her legs, you were pretty much ok. I'm sure there will be harder bosses later on :)

Rang the 2nd bell, killed Shiva (after buying some of the weapons) and the ninja guy for the cart wheel ring (lol), joined the Dragon Covenant to see if I can get some Dragon Scales, tried out the dragon head glitch with a soul of the undead (only wanted to see what the fuss was about, only did about 2,000 souls so all's good). I swear, that glitch is really retarded and I can see how it would take the fun out of the game. Cart wheeling + dragon head =awesomeness

Now I'm at Ash Lake with a SL of 47, ready to head on over to Sen's Fortress...with a head of a dragon. I'm planning on tackling either the catacombs, new londo ruins, the forest, or the Valley of the Drakes. I heard that there was some sort of lighting spear at Sen's and lightning is useful against dragons so...

BBS Signature
narf
narf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-16 14:08:52 Reply

At 10/15/11 11:17 PM, Deadly-Shadow wrote: Does anyone else find the online community dead compared to Demon's Souls? I've made it to Blight Town, and I still haven't been invaded yet. Also, I very rarely see ghosts.

Its not dead, its just a shitty server architecture. The people are there, but not on your server. Sucks don't it?

mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-16 15:57:25 Reply

Well...Sen's Fortress is fun. Got all the way up to the giant throwing giant firebombs at me. Messages said there was a bonfire on top, but I thought it was bulshit. Well apparently you have to go through a broken wall to get to it and do a leap of faith.

This place isn't too bad compared to Blight town.

BBS Signature
phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-16 16:34:02 Reply

Smough and Ornstein are fucking me UP.

And I've just been running to the white fog, because I can't kill those two giants, so I haven't used the black orb yet to kill that gold asshole.

BBS Signature
Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-16 17:14:51 Reply

The Tomb of the Giants is a real bitch. Everything is pitch black, and there's giant skeletons everywhere.

BBS Signature