00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dark Souls!

29,552 Views | 358 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-09-29 21:58:59

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-09-30 20:03:40

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-09-30 20:45:52

I'm curious about something, is their TV trailers to this game?

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-03 12:36:47

Gamespot: 9.5/10
IGN: 9/10
Eurogamer: 9/10

Nice

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-03 15:19:18

Sent to me today, should have it by Thursday.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-04 15:48:48

My body is ready.

Dark Souls!

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-04 16:15:46

"Due to extreme weather conditions, Amazon will not be able to ship it to you on release date."
*Soon to be shipped on the 6th*

:(

...then again it's perfect because my o chem and vector mid term are this thursday. Plus...FALL BREAK!!!
:)
Might as well get PSN names. I'm A-Spiky-Kitten

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-05 14:25:11

That's BS. Not only were the CE's limited, and the soundtrack, making-of, and start-up guide download only; but you also have to make a account with Bandai before you can download the items. Not to mention the downloads take more than 3 hours each.

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-05 15:43:53

Got the game yesterday through pre-order. It's fucking hard. Demon's Souls was hard, but this is ridiculous. I'm not sure where to go from now, I'm in the area after the first boss. Any ideas?

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-05 16:25:53

At 10/5/11 03:43 PM, mothballs wrote: Got the game yesterday through pre-order. It's fucking hard. Demon's Souls was hard, but this is ridiculous. I'm not sure where to go from now, I'm in the area after the first boss. Any ideas?

Yeah, if you still have just a bone, run from him. Their should be a open door on the left of the room, that's where you get your real weapons.

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-05 20:31:50

ARGGIFFFF. I want the shit out of this game.

Platinum'ed Demon's Souls over the summer, it was great. Since i won't pick it up again, i need Dark Souls.

Do you see what happens when you find a stranger in the alps?

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-05 20:47:18

So how's the game so far? Is it like, cheap hard with instant deaths in traps that you would never be able to notice, or hard in a way that you feel as if you're being challenged?

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-05 21:02:51

At 10/5/11 08:47 PM, MiroDK wrote: So how's the game so far? Is it like, cheap hard with instant deaths in traps that you would never be able to notice, or hard in a way that you feel as if you're being challenged?

Hard as in Monster Hunter.

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-05 23:03:40

Damn, why couldn't this game have come out earlier!? Now I have to wait until next year until I can play it! FUUUUUU-

PSN Id: Kenzuke

This is my signature. Boring, right?

Check out my blog

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-05 23:38:42

PROTIP: Buy a bow and about 100 arrows. Once you get under the bridge where the red dragon is, unload all of your arrows into his tail. After you deal enough damage, you'll get the drake sword, which is a lot better than any weapon you currently have.

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-05 23:52:33

At 10/5/11 08:47 PM, MiroDK wrote: So how's the game so far? Is it like, cheap hard with instant deaths in traps that you would never be able to notice, or hard in a way that you feel as if you're being challenged?

Haven t been cheaply killed yet, but it is "very" rewarding when you learn how to read an enemy's movements and kill dozens without being hit.

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-06 20:33:39

See this guy in the gold right here? This is motherfucking yurt 2.0. Unlike yurt, he gives you something that you need to join the warriors of sunlight, helps you fight a few bosses, and gives you his armor if you wait until later to kill him. It's fine if you want to let him live, as long as you don't mind never being able to upgrade your estus flasks again.

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-06 20:35:33

Forgot picture.

Dark Souls!

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-06 22:42:09

All right, just played about an hour of Dark Souls. The asylum demon wasn't too bad, though my dodging skills were a bit rusty. Only had a silver of health, but he went down pretty easily.

Now I'm at the beginning and I went to the left. From there, I saw a giant bird. Because my dude is a "jolly" black man pyromancer, I wanted fry it.

But instead of doing that, I explored the area a bit and I found a cemetery. I decided to make my stroll there and I fought some skeletons. Although it was a bit narrow, I used some of my pyromancy spells on them and they were done. Down the road, I encountered the skeletons that can roll (like those from Demon's Souls) and an even bigger skeleton. Then I got gang raped by a bunch of skeletons and died for the first time.

Yup, welcome to Dark Souls.

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-07 07:35:58

At 10/6/11 08:33 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: See this guy in the gold right here? This is motherfucking yurt 2.0. Unlike yurt, he gives you something that you need to join the warriors of sunlight, helps you fight a few bosses, and gives you his armor if you wait until later to kill him. It's fine if you want to let him live, as long as you don't mind never being able to upgrade your estus flasks again.

There is another NPC that upgrades your estus flasks, about ten minutes into this video and I've heard you can the fire maiden back somewhere around anor londo.

Gamertag: Evilchicken43

"Screw those people, I have pancakes."

Sig by simon

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-07 07:44:48

Chose Depraved, because I'm a fucking badass.

So this giant bird took me somewhere. What now?

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-07 08:40:44

I'm getting chewed the fuck up in the Undead Burg.

Still no idea what all these souls and humanity does.

Barely get to the boss, and he insta-rapes me.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-07 11:09:25

At 10/7/11 08:40 AM, phrozonfire wrote: I'm getting chewed the fuck up in the Undead Burg.

Still no idea what all these souls and humanity does.

Barely get to the boss, and he insta-rapes me.

Taurus demon is pretty easy, you just have to keep rolling. Also, I killed capra demon on my first try with ease. I can't see why people think he's so hard.

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-07 11:29:09

Is this game worth buying? I'm kinda low on cash right now so going out and buying it today would make me almost broke. Is it worth it?

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-07 12:11:24

At 10/7/11 11:09 AM, Stretchysumo wrote: Taurus demon is pretty easy, you just have to keep rolling. Also, I killed capra demon on my first try with ease. I can't see why people think he's so hard.

Probably found it hard because I'm playing as a Deprived class.

Got him on my 4th try anyways.

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-07 17:18:45

Very addiciting game so far.. I just got passed the Gaping Dragon. Now just trying to upgrade my Strength to 50 so I can use the Great Dragon axe I got

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-07 18:59:46

At 10/7/11 11:29 AM, Valjylmyr wrote: Is this game worth buying? I'm kinda low on cash right now so going out and buying it today would make me almost broke. Is it worth it?

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I bought the game anyway and it's fucking fun. I suck at it though, I can't get past Taurus.

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-07 22:09:38

Oh motherfucker, I got cursed. Fuck you sewer frogs. Seriously, fuck you.

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-07 22:14:14

At 10/7/11 11:29 AM, Valjylmyr wrote: Is this game worth buying? I'm kinda low on cash right now so going out and buying it today would make me almost broke. Is it worth it?

If you played and liked Demon's Souls, it's a must buy. If you haven't played Demon's Souls, it's still a fantastic game, you'll just get your ass kicked even more than those that have. I say go buy it.

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-08 00:08:26

They can rename this game to Frustration.

My little brother picked a copy up today, he had totally forgot that it came out, so he hopped on it ASAP when he woke up.

I got past the Taurus Demon and let him play again, he originally quit through frustration at that part, still hasn't beat it.
Won't use my strategy.

It was easy after I farmed about 1,500 souls and stocked up on Firebombs from the nearby merchant by the closest bonfire.

I ended up buying much more than I needed, but better safe than sorry. As long as you're smart enough to kill the sniper by the entrance to Taurus Demon, and his companion - You should be fine using Firebombs on him. There are other ways, like killing the two guys up above, spawning the demon, and running back to the part, jumping on him, stabbing him repeatedly through that - There is also a way to make him fall of the ledge.

Regardless, it's a brutal game in the sense that you can't play for many hours because you will end up hurting yourself or somebody around you from how stressful it is... But I love it, MUCH better than Demon Souls, which I could hardly play. I hated that game.