Be a Supporter!
kittehg0d
kittehg0d
  • Member since: Jul. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Audiophile
Dark Souls! 2011-02-02 19:59:36 Reply

The sequel to Demon souls has been announced! :D

Its going to be for 360 and PS3

link


BBS Signature
kittehg0d
kittehg0d
  • Member since: Jul. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-02-02 20:01:10 Reply

wrong link.


BBS Signature
TechnoGoomba
TechnoGoomba
  • Member since: Apr. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-02-02 20:15:28 Reply

I hate myself for this but it feels so right


BBS Signature
Psychopathic-Mind
Psychopathic-Mind
  • Member since: Dec. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-02-02 20:26:03 Reply

Apparently, it'll be even harder than Demon's Souls. I'm curious to how they will do this while keeping the deaths fair, as in knowing that you died because you messed up and not because the game screwed you. It worked well last time so I'll put my trust in them.


BBS Signature
orangekiller
orangekiller
  • Member since: Dec. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-02-02 20:35:04 Reply

Nice job failing so hard OP. Heres a less shitty link.

Hope you guys enjoy your oblivion clone.


now officially squidified!!!

BBS Signature
kittehg0d
kittehg0d
  • Member since: Jul. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-02-02 20:39:35 Reply

At 2/2/11 08:35 PM, orangekiller wrote: Nice job failing so hard OP. Heres a less shitty link.

Hope you guys enjoy your oblivion clone.

u jelleh?


BBS Signature
KillerGoose
KillerGoose
  • Member since: Sep. 27, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-02-02 20:41:48 Reply

Pfft, nothing could be as bad as Oblivion.

I might check this out though, but that means I'll have to buy Demon's Souls.


BBS Signature
TechnoGoomba
TechnoGoomba
  • Member since: Apr. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-02-02 20:43:33 Reply

At 2/2/11 08:41 PM, KillerGoose wrote: Pfft, nothing could be as bad as Oblivion.

I might check this out though, but that means I'll have to buy Demon's Souls.

Not necessarily, from what I gather it's not going to continue the same story as Demon's Souls.


BBS Signature
KillerGoose
KillerGoose
  • Member since: Sep. 27, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-02-02 20:46:37 Reply

At 2/2/11 08:43 PM, TechnoGoomba wrote:
At 2/2/11 08:41 PM, KillerGoose wrote: Pfft, nothing could be as bad as Oblivion.

I might check this out though, but that means I'll have to buy Demon's Souls.
Not necessarily, from what I gather it's not going to continue the same story as Demon's Souls.

That's fine. I've just been looking for an excuse to play it.


BBS Signature
narf
narf
  • Member since: Jul. 5, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-02-02 22:14:56 Reply

ded servers are gone, therefore im angry, an am very confused how the wandering ghosts and messages are supposed to work now.

Also crappy connections will make playing the game annoying when invaded.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Member since: Jul. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-02-02 22:41:12 Reply

I haven't passed the second boss fight in Demon's Souls yet... how could I possibly handle another game when it's supposed to be even more difficult?

narf
narf
  • Member since: Jul. 5, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-02-02 23:10:30 Reply

At 2/2/11 10:41 PM, Makeshift wrote: I haven't passed the second boss fight in Demon's Souls yet... how could I possibly handle another game when it's supposed to be even more difficult?

your playing it wrong makeshift lol

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Member since: Jul. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-02-02 23:11:56 Reply

At 2/2/11 11:10 PM, narf wrote:
At 2/2/11 10:41 PM, Makeshift wrote: I haven't passed the second boss fight in Demon's Souls yet... how could I possibly handle another game when it's supposed to be even more difficult?
your playing it wrong makeshift lol

I have no desire to run through it agaaaaain.

narf
narf
  • Member since: Jul. 5, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-02-03 07:47:17 Reply

At 2/2/11 11:11 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 2/2/11 11:10 PM, narf wrote:
At 2/2/11 10:41 PM, Makeshift wrote: I haven't passed the second boss fight in Demon's Souls yet... how could I possibly handle another game when it's supposed to be even more difficult?
your playing it wrong makeshift lol
I have no desire to run through it agaaaaain.

the point is you use the online component and the fact that your dead to your advantage to level up. And demon souls is one of the shortest games alive if you actually went and beat everything first try. All it has going for it is replayablity lol

Psychopathic-Mind
Psychopathic-Mind
  • Member since: Dec. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-02-03 08:42:31 Reply

At 2/3/11 07:47 AM, narf wrote: the point is you use the online component and the fact that your dead to your advantage to level up. And demon souls is one of the shortest games alive if you actually went and beat everything first try. All it has going for it is replayablity lol

One of the shortest games, really... The quickest time I've ever seen is around 25 hours which is average/slightly above average in length.


BBS Signature
ApparatusUnearth
ApparatusUnearth
  • Member since: Jan. 30, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-02-03 09:18:30 Reply

A friend of mine was way into Demon's Souls so I'll have to check that out.


OKLAHOMA CITY BEAT THE GRIZZLIES. TAKE THAT AUSTIN.

PSN ID: ApparatusUnearth

Panzerknacker
Panzerknacker
  • Member since: Nov. 19, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-02-03 10:16:17 Reply

At 2/3/11 08:42 AM, Psychopathic-Mind wrote:
At 2/3/11 07:47 AM, narf wrote: the point is you use the online component and the fact that your dead to your advantage to level up. And demon souls is one of the shortest games alive if you actually went and beat everything first try. All it has going for it is replayablity lol
One of the shortest games, really... The quickest time I've ever seen is around 25 hours which is average/slightly above average in length.

It has been beaten in less than one hour by a speedrunner, but that person used a lot of exploits and stuff.

Hope Dark Souls turns out good, I really liked Demon's Souls.


PSN Id: Kenzuke
This is my signature. Boring, right?
Check out my blog

Yokumashu
Yokumashu
  • Member since: Oct. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-02-03 11:05:09 Reply

At 2/2/11 11:11 PM, Makeshift wrote: I have no desire to run through it agaaaaain.

Confirmed for sucking at video games.

Good luck on Dark souls though, it's "supposed" to be even more difficult. Then again, Demon's souls isn't exactly difficult, you just gotta memorize everythign that happens so you can avoid getting one hitted every 10 steps.

Also, I'm wondering if the 360 crowd is even going to buy this game. This game doesn't exactly seem like something that they'd enjoy.


PSN id - dellick
STEAM id - Yokumashu
GUILE THEME GOES WITH EVERYTHING

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Member since: Jul. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-02-03 11:28:47 Reply

At 2/3/11 11:05 AM, Yokumashu wrote:
At 2/2/11 11:11 PM, Makeshift wrote: I have no desire to run through it agaaaaain.
Confirmed for sucking at video games.

Not feeling like playing a game doesn't mean I suck at it. I attempted to beat the boss twice and then just didn't feel like running through the same area again. It gets quite repetitive and the online stuff doesn't help at all.

Yokumashu
Yokumashu
  • Member since: Oct. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-02-03 12:16:03 Reply

At 2/3/11 11:28 AM, Makeshift wrote: Not feeling like playing a game doesn't mean I suck at it. I attempted to beat the boss twice and then just didn't feel like running through the same area again. It gets quite repetitive and the online stuff doesn't help at all.

how does having a black phantom invade your world and try to kill you while you are already being raped NOT help you?


PSN id - dellick
STEAM id - Yokumashu
GUILE THEME GOES WITH EVERYTHING

sinfulwolf
sinfulwolf
  • Member since: Dec. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-02-03 17:30:00 Reply

At 2/2/11 08:41 PM, KillerGoose wrote: Pfft, nothing could be as bad as Oblivion.

Never played Clash of the Titans, or Two Worlds have you?

Yes, things can get much much worse than Oblivion.

Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-02-04 18:59:23 Reply

Interview
My body is ready


PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature
wafflecake12
wafflecake12
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-02-04 19:36:41 Reply

I can't wait for this, demon's souls was one of my favorite games, and if this game comes anywhere close to as good as demon's souls, this game will be my life for a few weeks.


Gamertag: Evilchicken43
"Screw those people, I have pancakes."
Sig by simon

BBS Signature
Valjylmyr
Valjylmyr
  • Member since: Aug. 15, 2007
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-02-04 20:12:26 Reply

As much as I loved Demon's Souls, and as much as I'm sure I'll love this game, I'm sorta looking forward to the release of MGSR more. I'll definitely pick this up or borrow it eventually, though, seems pretty epic.


BBS Signature
Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-02-05 21:33:25 Reply

This is relevant to my interests.


PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature
Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-02-05 21:59:38 Reply

If they implement a solid online Co Op system into this game then I am pre ordering that shit

Lost-Chances
Lost-Chances
  • Member since: Jun. 19, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-02-06 09:49:18 Reply

At 2/5/11 09:33 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: This is relevant to my interests.

As long they don't rely on a stealth mechanic too much, I'll be happy.


This too will pass.
Memento mori

BBS Signature
sinfulwolf
sinfulwolf
  • Member since: Dec. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-02-07 09:16:50 Reply

At 2/3/11 11:05 AM, Yokumashu wrote:
Also, I'm wondering if the 360 crowd is even going to buy this game. This game doesn't exactly seem like something that they'd enjoy.

Demon's Souls was always something I wanted to play, but didn't want to buy a PS3 just for it and a small handful of other games. So this is actually good news for me. I'll be looking into it at the very least.

Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-06-12 13:56:18 Reply

Bumping with gameplay.


PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Member since: Jul. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Dark Souls! 2011-06-12 14:43:51 Reply

At 6/12/11 01:56 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: Bumping with gameplay.

Look's just like Demon's Souls in every way. Guess they really didn't want to change much. I'm fine with this.