Respond to this Topic
seanjames
seanjames
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to iLL Will Press Interview Apr. 16th, 2004 @ 04:56 PM Reply

Wow, a clock bitching about animation quality and technique.

BBS Signature
ClockOArctic
ClockOArctic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to iLL Will Press Interview Apr. 16th, 2004 @ 04:58 PM Reply

I would like to now chime in and say, he's an arrogant asshole who thinks he's god at flash. I mean come on and read what he said. My god. By the way, Pox wipe that brown off your nose, kthxbai.

doughnutlover
doughnutlover
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to iLL Will Press Interview Apr. 16th, 2004 @ 05:06 PM Reply

At 4/16/04 12:38 PM, TomFulp wrote: There is a new interview in NGMag, check it out!

Interview with iLL Will Press, creator of the Neurotically Yours series!

More to come!

iLL Will PRess Is da bomb of them all!!! Peace

ZombieLennon
ZombieLennon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to iLL Will Press Interview Apr. 16th, 2004 @ 05:08 PM Reply

illwillpress is off the meter of faggotry

iLL Will Press Interview

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to iLL Will Press Interview Apr. 16th, 2004 @ 05:10 PM Reply

"Nah, I don't really respond to "critics". "

That made me laugh. I cant remember who, but somebody wrote a massive review pointing out all the good and bad things about it, forming a well balanced argument, then finished saying "But I know you wont respond to this review anyway, so Im not really sure why I wrote it."

"that guy, Synj" That cracked me up for sure.

ZombieLennon
ZombieLennon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to iLL Will Press Interview Apr. 16th, 2004 @ 05:14 PM Reply

P.S. Tommy Fulp, if you really want to interview someone, interview DrunkMagiKoopa. He has about 30 movies uploaded to NG, many of which have been unfairly whistled or blammed, he's a good animator, all of his movies are actually original and artistic. I think realistically he's probably on the list of top 50 flash artists of all time. He has AIM too, you can contact him that way.

Redneck-Clock
Redneck-Clock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to iLL Will Press Interview Apr. 16th, 2004 @ 05:19 PM Reply

At 4/16/04 02:59 PM, CommunistLock wrote:
That is true, although if you have a good knowledge of Flash, you can see things from a different perspective, like how easy something is to make or whatever.... people who don't make Flash still have an equal opinion

Anyways, this interview with IWP doesn't affect my stance on his work at all, so I'll save a few paragraphs of bitching and moaning by stopping here.

Well said Commie! I agree with you on that. Although some people may believe that illwill is the greatest thing since sliced bread, some of us beg to differ. However I feel that these people who don't even make flash have less of a right to tell people what is easy and what is hard than the ones of us who do make flash.

Wadezilla
Wadezilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to iLL Will Press Interview Apr. 16th, 2004 @ 05:22 PM Reply

Wow, all my beliefs about him being a douche bag have just been proven. Thank you Tom.

DrNeroCF
DrNeroCF
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to iLL Will Press Interview Apr. 16th, 2004 @ 05:24 PM Reply

oh man, an interview of drunkmagickoopa, or whatever his name is now... that would be awesome...
that guy synj... wow, synj is 50 billion times more talented than he'll ever be...

yet... I still stand behind my opinion that I did indeed enjoy illwill's earlier movies, cemetary flakes, the bath one... stuff like that, again I say: shut foamy up

XwaynecoltX
XwaynecoltX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Movie Buff
Response to iLL Will Press Interview Apr. 16th, 2004 @ 06:01 PM Reply

Hahha like i said its funny as hell when they rant on even in the reviews i just love it hahaha, a great day really, and will keep doing what you do it is awsome stuff...

~X~

~X~ ~X~ ~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
POXNORA ??? A Very Unique game

BBS Signature
PureLionHeart
PureLionHeart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to iLL Will Press Interview Apr. 16th, 2004 @ 06:09 PM Reply

At 4/16/04 06:01 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Hahha like i said its funny as hell when they rant on even in the reviews i just love it hahaha, a great day really, and will keep doing what you do it is awsome stuff...

~X~

The ironic thing is that all Foamy does is rant.

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest
"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature
Splendid
Splendid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to iLL Will Press Interview Apr. 16th, 2004 @ 06:11 PM Reply

"I attended art school for 4 years and had all those pre-developed drawing techniques ripped out of my head and learned how to draw the right way."

That's rather sad considering all he does is poorly draw a backround and straighten the hell out of it, then throw in a squirrel he drew with a mouse.

"Nah, I don't really respond to "critics". Be them professional or NG users, I find most critics like to berate work because of bitterness derived from their own lack of talent and/or success."

Or maybe it's the fact that he managed to get the success minus the talent.

"Well, first, NG has an exceeding amount of talented people, unfortunately these talents are unfocused and tend to be negative. There are great exceptions like "Bitey Of BrackenWood" and the films that guy, Synj puts out, but all in all, most people would rather do spoofs instead of developing original ideas. Don't get me wrong, some of the spoofs are extremely well animated, and clever, but what's the point of wasted wit and skills on something a giant company can sue you for doing? Makes no sense."

Yeah, because parodies aren't what boosted Newgrounds popularity back in the day, right? You would know, you're clearly concerned about Newgrounds, which is why you made it a haven for prepubescent twelve year olds who love you're shitty movies and start clubs against good ones right?

That interview is depressing.

ClockOArctic
ClockOArctic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to iLL Will Press Interview Apr. 16th, 2004 @ 06:12 PM Reply

At 4/16/04 06:01 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Hahha like i said its funny as hell when they rant on even in the reviews i just love it hahaha, a great day really, and will keep doing what you do it is awsome stuff...

~X~

How are will's balls tasting in your mouth?

CrayonParade
CrayonParade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to iLL Will Press Interview Apr. 16th, 2004 @ 06:14 PM Reply

At 4/16/04 04:02 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Crayon and his cronies rant about this time, anyways great interview with one talented artist way to go...

~X~

I would give the argument that he is not "very skilled and talented" because there is a fine line between artistic talent and integrity and knowing how to market to a mass audience.

I would also like to mention that illwill attacked the art of parody. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but parody was the very foundation of Newgrounds Flash back in the early days and still is a strong form of artistic satire. Tom himself has parodied how many things now? And has almost been sued how many times now? Illwill attacks that very principle of artistic parody even when he himself stooped as low to do a hackneyed parody of The Matrix...and he'll be the first one to admit that.

The fact is, I see no creative force driving the Neurotically Yours series. Any attempt at humor is unimaginative and falls short of the bar. All it is to me is one man who feels that he's been dealt a bad hand in life and takes on the task of personifying his bitterness through the means of a motion tween cartoon squirrel.

bigbadron
bigbadron
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 39
Musician
Response to iLL Will Press Interview Apr. 16th, 2004 @ 06:14 PM Reply

~X~

we just happened posted after you, and all of a sudden you think you "called it," even though there are plenty of IWP hating posts before your original post.

i give your post a 5 out of 10, much like 85% of your reviews.

isthatlegal
isthatlegal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to iLL Will Press Interview Apr. 16th, 2004 @ 06:19 PM Reply

yeah illwill is a great animater, he is one of my fav artists

PureLionHeart
PureLionHeart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to iLL Will Press Interview Apr. 16th, 2004 @ 06:19 PM Reply

Damn! This is turning into a flame war.

BBS Signature
XwaynecoltX
XwaynecoltX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Movie Buff
Response to iLL Will Press Interview Apr. 16th, 2004 @ 06:24 PM Reply

WTF Comes in full force woot, i still love you all...

~X~

~X~ ~X~ ~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature
stealmyinternet
stealmyinternet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to iLL Will Press Interview Apr. 16th, 2004 @ 06:27 PM Reply

At 4/16/04 06:24 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: WTF Comes in full force woot, i still love you all...

~X~

I could've sworn a year ago you were much more eloquent. I don't like having to decode your posts, so please try to type with better grammar if you're going to do it so fucking much.

bigbadron
bigbadron
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 39
Musician
Response to iLL Will Press Interview Apr. 16th, 2004 @ 06:28 PM Reply

At 4/16/04 06:24 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: WTF Comes in full force woot, i still love you all...

~X~

lolk, mr. silly billy. you enjoy it.

XwaynecoltX
XwaynecoltX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Movie Buff
Response to iLL Will Press Interview Apr. 16th, 2004 @ 06:32 PM Reply

Yes i would say so but still i forgive you, and still love you till the end of time my love...

~X~

~X~ ~X~ ~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature
CrayonParade
CrayonParade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to iLL Will Press Interview Apr. 16th, 2004 @ 06:34 PM Reply

At 4/16/04 06:32 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Yes i would say so but still i forgive you, and still love you till the end of time my love...

~X~

Hey lets rip audio from video games and collage together a bunch of shitty .gifs with 3 frames of a mouth moving out of sync.

PureLionHeart
PureLionHeart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to iLL Will Press Interview Apr. 16th, 2004 @ 06:36 PM Reply

Ya know, I forgot for a while that this was about an interview in the NG MAG.

BBS Signature
bigbadron
bigbadron
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 39
Musician
Response to iLL Will Press Interview Apr. 16th, 2004 @ 06:38 PM Reply

At 4/16/04 06:34 PM, CrayonParade wrote: Hey lets rip audio from video games and collage together a bunch of shitty .gifs with 3 frames of a mouth moving out of sync.

dude, awesome. then we can record ourselves talking, speed it up, and tween a lot.

THAT'S GOLD JERRY! GOLD!

XwaynecoltX
XwaynecoltX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Movie Buff
Response to iLL Will Press Interview Apr. 16th, 2004 @ 06:39 PM Reply

At 4/16/04 06:34 PM, CrayonParade wrote: Hey lets rip audio from video games and collage together a bunch of shitty .gifs with 3 frames of a mouth moving out of sync.

Boo hoo are you sad again, I give big hug, Its ok its ok there there now...

~X~

~X~ ~X~ ~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature
XwaynecoltX
XwaynecoltX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Movie Buff
Response to iLL Will Press Interview Apr. 16th, 2004 @ 06:50 PM Reply

At 4/16/04 06:43 PM, Fewel wrote: don't change the topic.

That is true, so on that note it was a great interview tom Glad that you chose one of the great artists hope to see many more awsome interviews, will keep doing the foamy thing cause it rocks, and i will be checking this ngmag out alot more its very cool, nice job guys...

~X~

~X~ ~X~ ~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature
Dark-Knight2
Dark-Knight2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to iLL Will Press Interview Apr. 16th, 2004 @ 07:02 PM Reply

ahh leave off the insults he may be an ass<as you all say> but he dont deserve an assult of criticism..:p

tom do legendary frog next!!!

iLL Will Press Interview

Tasu
Tasu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to iLL Will Press Interview Apr. 16th, 2004 @ 07:14 PM Reply

Wow i typed my password wrong and it deleated my ENORMOUS POST!!!! Well let's ee if i can do it again.

ILL will press basicly uses newgrounds reviews to cheer him up from his awful un-popular life. He has since engineered his flash to get people to pat him on the back for next to no work (he uses static backgrounds that DONT CHANGE ONCE in the movie.. he doesnt change camera angles, and there's no FBF).

ALso, i'd like to point out that this continuous compliment to him has made his artwork settle into a recess.. that is to say, that his art is NO LONGER evolving nor advancing in complexity nor creativity. The first foamy looks exactly the same as the new foamys... dont you think that his drawings would get better over the years?! I think for an artist, this is the weakest and most sad thing that can happen to you. To sell yourself short because people compliment you.

I think foamy is extreamly simple and undetailed and that's why i hate it. What kind of artistic imagination is at work where a squrrel bitches about fat people?! Have you no freash ideas?!

PureLionHeart
PureLionHeart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to iLL Will Press Interview Apr. 16th, 2004 @ 07:19 PM Reply

I'm pretty sure IWP spends more time & cares more about his jokes & his script for his movies than the quality of said movies. True, the graphics aren't much, but the jokes & that are what keep bringing me back to watch it.

I believe that the ends(Laughter & comedy) justify the means(basic movie quality) in his case.

Well, that's my 2 cents.

BBS Signature
CommunistLock
CommunistLock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to iLL Will Press Interview Apr. 16th, 2004 @ 07:24 PM Reply

At 4/16/04 07:19 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: I'm pretty sure IWP spends more time & cares more about his jokes & his script for his movies than the quality of said movies. True, the graphics aren't much, but the jokes & that are what keep bringing me back to watch it.

I believe that the ends(Laughter & comedy) justify the means(basic movie quality) in his case.

I think IWP's graphics are the main asset towards his Flash, it is not at all funny or witty for that matter, the only laugh I get is from how the New Yorkers say "coffee".
I can't remember who it was, but they wrote a review with 6 steps to making an Foamy flash.... that was funny :D