00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Will Ferrell will be on The Office

2,318 Views | 25 Replies

Link

So yeah, Will Ferrell is joining The Office for a few episodes. If you all didn't know Steve Carrell is leaving, so this kind of looks like it could be a set up for his replacement. But thats just me speculatin'

Anyway, I strongly dislike Will Ferrell. I was kind of hoping with Carell leaving they could drastically change the set-up of the show to breathe new life to it, but this looks like more of the same.

Discuss or something.

You have to know your name.

LOOP

One day you'll all miss me.

BBS Signature

Response to Will Ferrell will be on The Office 2011-01-26 21:06:45

The Office is cool, but, if it stops being cool, there were alot of episodes. It had a good run.

Response to Will Ferrell will be on The Office 2011-01-26 21:12:37

i dont really care cause the office isnt that funny

BBS Signature

Response to Will Ferrell will be on The Office 2011-01-26 21:14:24

I can't stand Will Ferrell.

But The Office has been kind of going down the drain this season.

BBS Signature

Response to Will Ferrell will be on The Office 2011-01-26 21:15:14

I don't care for Will Ferrell, I don't dislike him, but I don't like him.

Either way I don't care, because I don't watch The Office that much.

IRC : 36in

BBS Signature

Response to Will Ferrell will be on The Office 2011-01-26 21:15:32

Maybe it will go the way of Scrubs? Have a beautiful finale, ruin it by adding another season with a new cast, and then cancel it?

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to Will Ferrell will be on The Office 2011-01-26 21:16:06

At 1/26/11 09:12 PM, McGangbang wrote: i dont really care cause the office isnt that funny

This, so much.

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner

GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature

Response to Will Ferrell will be on The Office 2011-01-26 21:17:59

Jesus Christ, am I the only NGer that likes Will Ferrell?

BBS Signature

Response to Will Ferrell will be on The Office 2011-01-26 21:25:27

At 1/26/11 09:04 PM, AlphaCentauri wrote: So yeah, Will Ferrell is joining The Office for a few episodes. If you all didn't know Steve Carrell is leaving, so this kind of looks like it could be a set up for his replacement.

Thats real good news to me.

Anyway, I strongly dislike Will Ferrell. I was kind of hoping with Carell leaving they could drastically change the set-up of the show to breathe new life to it, but this looks like more of the same.

Why should they change it drasticly, thats the idea of the show to have a dumb boss doing stupid things, if ferral is in there it will make it 100 times better i doubt he will be on there as a regular, but it would be nice to dream.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Will Ferrell will be on The Office 2011-01-26 21:43:45

At 1/26/11 09:38 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: Sorry to disagree with you, but I love Will Ferrel.

Now the office is going from "ehh" to "ok."

It's the opposite way to me.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet

Art Page|Art Thread|Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Will Ferrell will be on The Office 2011-01-26 21:46:00

At 1/26/11 09:36 PM, FBIpolux wrote: The Office is such a boring show. There's like nothing interesting about working in an office, and this show represent boringness way too accurately.

You just must have low EQ :)

Half the show is made in subtle gesture and anglophonic speech cues.

:X

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to Will Ferrell will be on The Office 2011-01-26 21:51:27

"We found Steve Carell when he was nothing but a movie star and we turned him into a television star," says executive producer Paul Lieberstein. "We are proud to continue The Office's tradition of discovering famous talent, and we hope that once America gets a good look at Will, they'll see what we see: tremendous raw sexuality."

What the hell is this? the office was mediocre at best when it just came out and just like many many other shows its circling the drain. I wish american writers/people who make television just take a note from anime creators and end it for god sakes. Americans who make tv just want as much money as they can get when the show lost what it once had. Also this is completely relevant http://www.cracked.com/article_18696_the -lifespan-every-tv-show-ever-5Bcomic5D.h tml

BBS Signature

Response to Will Ferrell will be on The Office 2011-01-26 21:57:54

At 1/26/11 09:51 PM, jonisafreak3 wrote: I wish american writers/people who make television just take a note from anime creators and end it for god sakes

Yeah, like the 500+ episodes of Dragon Ball, or the 400+ episodes of Naruto, or the almost 500 episodes of One Piece! Take a note from these guys, America!

BLM | ANTIFA

BBS Signature

Response to Will Ferrell will be on The Office 2011-01-26 21:59:23

At 1/26/11 09:57 PM, ryanson wrote:
At 1/26/11 09:51 PM, jonisafreak3 wrote: I wish american writers/people who make television just take a note from anime creators and end it for god sakes
Yeah, like the 500+ episodes of Dragon Ball, or the 400+ episodes of Naruto, or the almost 500 episodes of One Piece! Take a note from these guys, America!

Yeah i guess your right but the shorter ones. I wish shows didnt go past the 3rd season. Usually everythings after that is trash now im not saying there arent a few exceptions.

BBS Signature

Response to Will Ferrell will be on The Office 2011-01-26 22:01:22

At 1/26/11 09:12 PM, McGangbang wrote: i dont really care cause the office isnt that funny

I agree with you.

It's not about the destination.

It's about the journey.

Response to Will Ferrell will be on The Office 2011-01-26 22:29:15

At 1/26/11 10:00 PM, FBIpolux wrote: I watched it once and found it terribly boring. Fun fact about me: I love dialogue movies and silent scenes. So I would say I have a pretty high emotional intelligence. I just don't find anything about that show to be funny whatsoever. I find it depressing.

Your sample size was one then :O

What season did you catch? Some of the newer ones can be a bit trying. The older stuff is pure magic.

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to Will Ferrell will be on The Office 2011-01-26 22:39:28

you dont like will farrel? what the fuck. think about the roles he plays, hes actually not a bad actor, you probably think bestiller is a bad actor too, you make me sick.

No lives matter

BBS Signature

Response to Will Ferrell will be on The Office 2011-01-26 22:56:56

At 1/26/11 10:54 PM, FBIpolux wrote:
At 1/26/11 10:29 PM, Zerok wrote: What season did you catch? Some of the newer ones can be a bit trying. The older stuff is pure magic.
I don't know, was on G4 Tech TV :P

G4 only played Seasons 1 - 3 I believe. I think I've watched each of the Season 1 - 3 episodes 3+ times each because of G4... haven't seen much of the new episodes.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Will Ferrell will be on The Office 2011-01-26 23:06:49

I like the Office, I like Will Ferral.

But, the Office without Steve Carrel?

Just doesn't work. Like this guy said:

At 1/26/11 09:15 PM, ryanson wrote: Maybe it will go the way of Scrubs? Have a beautiful finale, ruin it by adding another season with a new cast, and then cancel it?

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to Will Ferrell will be on The Office 2011-01-26 23:10:12

I've not been following the office since about the 3/4th series, I think it's running out of steam tbh, hopefully Ferrell will inject something fresh and original back into the show. I always proffered the English version anyway ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Will Ferrell will be on The Office 2011-01-26 23:12:24

Finnaly some one with brain

Response to Will Ferrell will be on The Office 2011-01-26 23:34:23

At 1/26/11 09:17 PM, XenonMonkey wrote: Jesus Christ, am I the only NGer that likes Will Ferrell?

I fucking love him...

BBS Signature

Response to Will Ferrell will be on The Office 2011-01-27 00:10:01

Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant wrote the original office. It had a two season run, and despite its immense popularity the two decided to end the series.

The American version of The Office on the other hand is trying to milk every last drop of humor from the fucking premise and leading to absurd storylines and subplots. We fucking suck as a nation. We lack brevity and will smile and drive a good fucking series right into the ground because we like money so much.

Response to Will Ferrell will be on The Office 2011-01-27 00:57:38

What happened to Scrubs when Zach Braff left may very well happen to The Office. We'll have a perfectly enjoyable book-end kind of season finale, then we'll be back for one more season. It will be a painful thing to watch and NBC will eventually pull the plug on the show.

There's also a possibility that the show will thrive on. For the past seasons (withe exception of the present one), Michael's character has been less and less the main center of the show, which I've been really enjoying. I think Greg Daniels did a tremendous job adapting The Office to US audiences and I hope the ratings will keep flowing in even without the help from Steve Carrell. Cause let's be serious, this is NBC. The second the show ratings go down, it's game over.

On a lighter note, I can't wait to see who's gonna replace Michael at the head of the branch. The smart thing to do would be to bring in another A or B-list comedian to avoid plummeting ratings.

Response to Will Ferrell will be on The Office 2011-01-27 01:04:22

At 1/27/11 12:10 AM, GiantDouche wrote: We fucking suck as a nation.

Waaaaaah.

At 1/27/11 12:58 AM, The777Demon wrote: Well no one forced us to watch season 9. I always just considered it a spin off.

Same.

BLM | ANTIFA

BBS Signature

Response to Will Ferrell will be on The Office 2011-01-27 01:05:41

At 1/27/11 12:58 AM, The777Demon wrote:
At 1/26/11 09:15 PM, ryanson wrote: Maybe it will go the way of Scrubs? Have a beautiful finale, ruin it by adding another season with a new cast, and then cancel it?
Well no one forced us to watch season 9. I always just considered it a spin off.

Yeah, but having JD returning to the show after the beautiful ending scene of the previous season was kinda lame...

"Well, I'm back after all! Tee hee..." *sigh*