00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JamesChrist just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

A Buckshot of News

24,544 Views | 83 Replies
Respond to this Topic

A Buckshot of News 2011-01-25 13:23:28

This weekend is the January Movie Jam! At least one representative from each team should be available this Friday around 7PM EST, when we assign the teams with stories they will animate over the next 48 hours.

I've been reading through the story entries and I'm feeling... distressed. I'm not sure if teams will really get amped to make animations from a majority of them. The more I think about it, the more it seems like every story should be summed up in 1-3 broad sentences, leaving the teams to flesh out the details as much as they want from there. Otherwise, the stories just feel a bit overwhelming and sometimes too creatively restrictive. THOUGHTS? Should we start over with the stories, implementing a 1-3 sentence rule? If you are planning to submit a story this week, consider something in this range.

For example, one of the current story submissions could be summed up as:

"Wade and Tom are both pooping in the same toilet, but Tom's poop lands on top of Wade's poop and that pisses Wade off so he goes on a total acid trip. And Pico is there too."

---

To prepare for the redesign, we have been collecting new user images. Profile pictures will be 270x200, while user icons will be 60x60.

If you haven't already submitted your larger images, please update both your Profile Picture and User Icon asap! Due to how it's set up, I can't post a direct link - you will need to copy and paste each URL below and add your username at the end.

http://www.newgrounds.com/icons/submit/userpic/

http://www.newgrounds.com/icons/submit/usericon/

ALTERNATIVELY, whilst logged in, go to your user page and click the "edit image" link that's below your current profile image on the left hand side. That will take you to the upload script for the new profile image AND there's a link there for you to choose to upload another icon as well.

It is especially important to update your user icon, it shows up in lots of places.

---

This week is the qualifying round for the Castle Crashers Tournament of Champions!

---

On Friday we had a live broadcast where we combed through pretty much every submission from the previous week. If you missed out, here are some highlights:

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to A Buckshot of News 2011-01-25 13:29:13

At 1/25/11 01:23 PM, TomFulp wrote: "Wade and Tom are both pooping in the same toilet, but Tom's poop lands on top of Wade's poop and that pisses Wade off so he goes on a total acid trip. And Pico is there too."

Give this man a Pulitzer.

:D

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to A Buckshot of News 2011-01-25 13:30:15

At 1/25/11 01:23 PM, TomFulp wrote: If you haven't already submitted your larger images, please update both your Profile Picture and User Icon asap!

Not authorized.

BBS Signature

Response to A Buckshot of News 2011-01-25 13:31:17

At 1/25/11 01:23 PM, TomFulp wrote: It is especially important to update your user icon, it shows up in lots of places.

Question: Given that the dimensions for the images have been raised, has the file size maximum also been raised? Because if it hasn't, 24kb is too restrictive.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature

Response to A Buckshot of News 2011-01-25 13:31:51

We are not authorized to see those pages, silly Tom.

BBS Signature

Response to A Buckshot of News 2011-01-25 13:32:42

Awesome new stuff to see... Love NG flashes, they have all the stuff we want in only one site... Fucking great.

Also, In b4 Lois...

Hey you, looking for fun? Join the Elite Guard Barracks

Signature by CagedSilhouette!!

BBS Signature

Response to A Buckshot of News 2011-01-25 13:32:48

Lol, I'm joining the Jam and I celebrate my birthday on Sunday :P

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to A Buckshot of News 2011-01-25 13:33:35

A buckshot of news? Moar liek a bucket of POO
loololololol ^_____________________^

also, damn, i have a short story but i'll probably end up making a soundillustration from it in the coming weeks myself, good training...

A Buckshot of News

Wakka wakka

Response to A Buckshot of News 2011-01-25 13:40:06

At 1/25/11 01:31 PM, test-object wrote: We are not authorized to see those pages, silly Tom.

Whoops... I can't really post direct links to those pages, but I updated the post with instructions for how to do it now.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to A Buckshot of News 2011-01-25 13:46:02

At 1/25/11 01:40 PM, TomFulp wrote: Whoops... I can't really post direct links to those pages, but I updated the post with instructions for how to do it now.

I still can't access the pages even with your instructions.

Current Projects: Swimming Fiasco | Story of Gingie

BBS Signature

Response to A Buckshot of News 2011-01-25 13:46:45

At 1/25/11 01:29 PM, Zerok wrote:
At 1/25/11 01:23 PM, TomFulp wrote: "Wade and Tom are both pooping in the same toilet, but Tom's poop lands on top of Wade's poop and that pisses Wade off so he goes on a total acid trip. And Pico is there too."
Give this man a Pulitzer.

D

Yes, please. I really hope somebody makes a flash of this. It sounds hilarious.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to A Buckshot of News 2011-01-25 13:48:39

My story isn't two sentences but it isn't 10 paragraphs. I think I kept it pretty short, simple, and sweet. I even described it in a short blurb just below the story (within the same post). I left room for plenty of creativity for the animators, including the very name of the story/movie.

I hope my story is okay. :/

Response to A Buckshot of News 2011-01-25 13:59:20

so... wade still pissed off on an acid trip ?

Response to A Buckshot of News 2011-01-25 14:06:11

At 1/25/11 01:46 PM, dirtshake wrote:
At 1/25/11 01:40 PM, TomFulp wrote: Whoops... I can't really post direct links to those pages, but I updated the post with instructions for how to do it now.
I still can't access the pages even with your instructions.

http://www.newgrounds.com/icons/submit/u serpic/dirtshake

You must be logged in to get there.

Response to A Buckshot of News 2011-01-25 14:11:08

At 1/25/11 01:23 PM, TomFulp wrote: To prepare for the redesign, we have been collecting new user images. Profile pictures will be 270x200, while user icons will be 60x60.

I hope the pre-2007 design is optional after this.

Real artists draw their own user picture and signature. I am not a real artist.

Free sexay prons!

Sig credit to Ninjar.

BBS Signature

Response to A Buckshot of News 2011-01-25 14:12:05

money can't buy you love

Response to A Buckshot of News 2011-01-25 14:34:54

At 1/25/11 01:23 PM, TomFulp wrote: For example, one of the current story submissions could be summed up as:

"Wade and Tom are both pooping in the same toilet, but Tom's poop lands on top of Wade's poop and that pisses Wade off so he goes on a total acid trip. And Pico is there too."

Great story there. Very inspiring :p

To prepare for the redesign, we have been collecting new user images. Profile pictures will be 270x200, while user icons will be 60x60.

Done and done. Thanks for this reminder. I completely forgot about it.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to A Buckshot of News 2011-01-25 14:51:55

Tom, we can't really read your mind. You've got lots of creative people willing to help out, but we gotta know what you want form us.

Response to A Buckshot of News 2011-01-25 15:01:20

At 1/25/11 02:36 PM, Zendra wrote: Am I the only one that has the feeling Tom is feeling quite (dis)stressed lately? You're feeling OK recently, mr. Fulp?

Judging by your blog posts and recent BBS posts it seems you're having quite some sorrows...

Update your user icons or this will happen :P

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to A Buckshot of News 2011-01-25 15:06:50

Two brothers, one cup? What?

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to A Buckshot of News 2011-01-25 15:11:11

At 1/25/11 01:46 PM, puddinN64 wrote:
Yes, please. I really hope somebody makes a flash of this. It sounds hilarious.

I agree.

I was actually watching my brother as he wrote that story. He giggles like a girl.

Response to A Buckshot of News 2011-01-25 15:21:27

So after the redesign will Newgrounds be brown? Because that's what I conclude from the default icons.

Response to A Buckshot of News 2011-01-25 15:25:40

Sounds good Tom,i laughed at the EX. story. :P

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to A Buckshot of News 2011-01-25 15:28:55

Ok...hold on now im confused between the uninspiring stories, tom's distress and a bucket of crap?

l8s?

Response to A Buckshot of News 2011-01-25 15:30:01

At 1/25/11 01:23 PM, TomFulp wrote: I've been reading through the story entries and I'm feeling... distressed. I'm not sure if teams will really get amped to make animations from a majority of them. The more I think about it, the more it seems like every story should be summed up in 1-3 broad sentences, leaving the teams to flesh out the details as much as they want from there. Otherwise, the stories just feel a bit overwhelming and sometimes too creatively restrictive. THOUGHTS?

I think the writer should post a paragraph or so of the basics in the story, and then from there, collaborate with the artists for the rest of the project. It would get the writer more involved this way.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to A Buckshot of News 2011-01-25 15:36:05

Tom I will watch those flashes later, but i updated my user pic and whatnot kay? hope were best buds now.

I AM RAPPER ALYX I AM G EAZY I AM Z RO I AM THE KING OF THE GHETTO

ASK HOW

Response to A Buckshot of News 2011-01-25 15:46:49

I had to go to the hospital for this thread, you SOB, hit me in the damn shoulder!

I would punch him in the face.

Response to A Buckshot of News 2011-01-25 15:49:18

That example story is messed up. Sounds like something Catoblepas would animate.

gorp

BBS Signature

Response to A Buckshot of News 2011-01-25 15:50:52

It all sounds awesome to me :)

Response to A Buckshot of News 2011-01-25 16:19:34

im ok with the 3 sentence rule because my story was already short/flawless