New Topic Respond to this Topic
Ronald-McDonald-LoL
Ronald-McDonald-LoL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Demon Possessed Toys Jan. 23rd, 2011 @ 09:37 PM Reply

Have you ever had an encounter with a demon possessed toy?

One time, we were storing presents in a bag in the kitchen, and one of them was some sort of talking car... And every time I walked past it, the fucking thing would start playing.

But thats not the worst of it.

A very long time back, I read a post about toys on NG. The poster was talking about Spider-Man sound gloves. Apparently, he crossed the wires on the gloves and they started barking like a dog.

While I'm not fond of YouTube vBloggers, this one gets the point across.

Often, when the batteries get low on a toy, the voice gets really low, or is distorted completely.
Take this, for example. An innocent See n Say? No, a demon-possessed tool of the devil. Who knew?

What experiences have you had with toys that seem possessed?

Dora Revolution | Descent Club | EGB | Sig by byteslinger. Click for my Twitch channel.

BBS Signature
zalecot
zalecot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Demon Possessed Toys Jan. 23rd, 2011 @ 09:40 PM Reply

I had a action figure, it shorted out and the circuits in it's head heated up and melted the plastic. Molten plastic started leaking out of it's eyes, freaking terrifying.

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things: Of shoes and ships and sealing-wax. Of cabbages and kings!"

BBS Signature
Viktor
Viktor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to Demon Possessed Toys Jan. 23rd, 2011 @ 09:46 PM Reply

Me and Lorkas discussed ours in PMs.

We had these "Super Hero" or whatever action figures that would bounce at a non possible angle when dropped.

Addict
Addict
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Demon Possessed Toys Jan. 23rd, 2011 @ 09:54 PM Reply

If any of you remember the Stretcher Screamer toys, then you'll become disturbed by this story.

I remember that night, I was playing with my birthday presents and one of them was a Stretcher Screamer, so fucking awesome. I was about 5 or 6, and boy was it entertaining, I eventually wore out the cheap batteries and I got tired and went to bed.

I woke back up out of a dead sleep and went upstairs to go and get it. There it was, just sitting there o the couch. I picked it up and started pulling on it again. The batteries were dead, so I didn't expect a sound. But then I heard some static coming from it, and in the background of the static I heard a small Scottish accent of what I assume was a little girl saying "Bring me the flesh of the kinder." I was little, so of course I was wondering what the fuck I just heard.

I got scared and went back to bed.

The next morning I woke up and my mother said to me that the toy's leg was ripped off and she looked mad and asked if it was me. I obviously said no.

And then we eventually moved a few months later and that night was the last I saw of it.

- [22:09:28] CASH MANN: fuck you dale - LIVE LOVE A$VP - #23 -

BBS Signature
Viktor
Viktor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to Demon Possessed Toys Jan. 23rd, 2011 @ 09:56 PM Reply

Friday... That story was cool.

GamesArmor
GamesArmor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Demon Possessed Toys Jan. 23rd, 2011 @ 09:57 PM Reply

I never got toys as gifts, I got video games.

Ronald-McDonald-LoL
Ronald-McDonald-LoL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Demon Possessed Toys Jan. 23rd, 2011 @ 10:01 PM Reply

Friday, that reminds me of a story an old friend told me once. He had this beloved teddy bear.
One night, when he couldn't sleep, he stayed up playing with it. Naturally, as you do at a young age, he fell asleep doing so. He woke up the next morning, and it was perched on top of him, staring into his eyes. He screamed and threw it across the room.

When I laughed at the story, he told me that it was not funny, and that he almost pissed himself.

Dora Revolution | Descent Club | EGB | Sig by byteslinger. Click for my Twitch channel.

BBS Signature
Schizo-Sephy
Schizo-Sephy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Demon Possessed Toys Jan. 23rd, 2011 @ 10:03 PM Reply

I remember when I was at my baby-sitters house the was a talking Scooby-Doo doll. It was low on batteries and they made the sound lower pitch and slower. It was really funny. I didn't associate it to the paranormal though. I just thought it's batteries were low.

Viktor
Viktor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to Demon Possessed Toys Jan. 23rd, 2011 @ 10:09 PM Reply

Oh, I had this one game system it went a little like this...

I always liked Super Mario 64 when I was a kid. I remember playing it at my aunt's house all the time. Well, one day a pop-up appeared out of nowhere as I was watching gameplay footage on Youtube. I was a little startled, and was about to close the window, until I realized that it was a website showing of a mint condition copy of Super Mario 64 for sale. There was a picture and everything. I usually don't trust these things, but the feeling of nostalgia overpowered me, and I wanted to buy it.
The whole business was peculiar, seeing as how the owner of the game wanted the buyer to send an envelope containing $10 to and address on the site, instead of using something like PayPal. What made things even more strange was that when I tried to gain access to the website (I wrote down the URL) after encountering...problems with the game, the page was nowhere to be found.
A few days after the $10 was mailed, I got a package containing the new copy of the game. The first thing I noticed when I opened the small box was that the "official sticker" with Mario flying in the air was apparently peeled off or something. In it's place was a piece of duct tape with "Mario" crudely written on it in permanent marker. I felt a little ripped-off, but as long as the game worked, I didn't care.
I got out my Nintendo 64 and put the cartridge in. The screen turned on with the familiar Mario face that you could stretch and twist aimlessly. I remembered laughing all the time at the results as a kid and decided to mess around for old times sake. I moved the cursor over to Mario's ear and pulled it to elven proportions. I was going to do the same to the other ear, when the TV suddenly produced loud static. Mario's whole head started deforming and twisting in ways that I didn't even know were possible for the model. Random sound effects from the game started playing along with the static. As all this was occurring, I could hear a faint voice whispering in Japanese. The voice was stammering and whimpering.
I immediately shut off the game and tried again. I didn't bother with the Mario head this time. Just selected a new file and started playing.
When I selected the file, the game skipped the opening monologue by Peach and the courtyard outside. Mario was just placed right inside the castle. Creepier still, Bowser didn't say anything either. I tried to ignore it and played anyway. However I also noticed that their was no music. Just dead silence. Their weren't even any Toads around to talk to. The only door I could enter was the Bob-omb Battlefield. The other doors wouldn't even respond to my button commands.
The portrait to Bob-omb Battlefield wasn't the usual picture. It was just a stark white canvas. I was still trying to convince myself that these were just minor glitches, and that they wouldn't effect the gameplay at all. Once I entered the portrait, the image suddenly went from a blank canvas to the Lethal Lava Land painting. You know, that slightly unsettling image of the flame with the evil smile? Yeah, that's when I started getting really suspicious.
The mission select menu came up, and yet another weird detail was present. Instead of "Big Bob-omb on the Summit", the mission was called "TURN BACK". I have no idea what drove me to press A, but I did.
The level seemed normal. Everything was how I remembered it. I thought I could finally enjoy my favorite childhood game. But then I saw him. Luigi. I was absolutely shocked. He was never in this game. His model wasn't even a Mario palette swap. He looked like a completely original model. Luigi just stood there until I tried to approach him. He started running at unexpected speeds. I followed suite and went through the level. Strange things happened as I pursued him. each time I picked up a coin, the enemies and music would get slower, and the scenery would look darker in color and more morbid. It kept gradually getting worse until I collected a 5th coin. Then, the music just stopped. The enemies laid down on the ground like they were dead. I was seriously freaked out, but I kept chasing Luigi.
I went up the hill. No cannon balls rolled down trying to knock me over. I really wasn't surprised at this point. Luigi was always just out of my sight as I ran. Once I reached the summit, I saw yet another object out of place. A small cottage was all that was seen on the top of the hill. Luigi was nowhere to be found. The cottage was certainly od looking for a Mario game. It was old, plain, and broken down. Regardless of my fears at that moment, I had Mario enter the cottage.
As soon as the door closed. A disturbing picture of a hanged Luigi immediately popped up along with a very frightening scare chord. It sounded like a violin screech accompanied by loud piano banging. Mario fell to his knees and sobbed for roughly 5 minutes, then the screen irised-out.
I returned to the castle. Mario just slumped out of the painting. The image switched from the Lethal Lava Land portrait to the image of Luigi hanging himself. The room was different this time. It was now a small hallway. Toads with blank expressions and white robes lined the sides of the hallway. Their was another painting at the opposite end that just completely and utterly scared me. It was a picture of my family It wasn't even a photo from the time Super Mario 64 was released. It was a very, very recent photo. I remembered posing for it last weekend.
I reached for the on/off switch on the N64. There was no way I was going to play this anymore. However, when I flipped the switch, the game was still on. I flipped it back and forth, but to no avail. I tried unplugging the whole system, but it never left the screen. I was even still able to control Mario. I couldn't just leave it on forever...so I kept playing. I went to the photo of my family, and jumped in. Only one mission was available, of course. This one was called "Run, Don't Walk". I selected the mission. 'Let's-a-go'...
The level started in a flooded hallway with platforms floating on the water. Mario landed on one of these, and the camera turned to show what was behind. A silent black void was slowly approaching Mario. It didn't look like anything. It didn't even look like finished graphics. Just a giant, blocky, black blob. I started jumping from platform to platform. With no goal in sight, I kept running, the darkness slowly but surely gaining speed. This kept going on for what felt like hours. I was really doubting there would ever be an end. Mario was just going in circles. Finally, the black blob/void/thing caught up with Mario, and enveloped him in darkness. He didn't scream or resist at all. It just consumed him.
Mario fell out of the painting and back into the castle. I lost one of my 3 lives. The room was different now. Some of the Toads were gone, and the painting looked different. My family and I were in the same positions, but our bodies were partially decomposed. It looked too real to be photoshopped. It looked more like someone just took our dead bodies and posed them.
Regardless, I jumped into the painting again. Mario was in an small room. There was still only one mission available. It was called "I'm right here." spelled just like that. I selected the mission and prepared for the worst. Mario landed in a small, dark room. There no visible way out. The room was empty except for a piano in the corner. I knew what that meant. i was stuck in there with the Mad Piano. I approached it and it started chasing me as always. There was no way to damage it, so I had no choice but to let Mario take damage.

joshylikes2smash
joshylikes2smash
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Demon Possessed Toys Jan. 23rd, 2011 @ 10:18 PM Reply

At 1/23/11 10:09 PM, iBliss wrote: Oh, I had this one game system it went a little like this...

Oh God this is interesting keep going.

Lars Ulrich - Badass.

BBS Signature
The3DragonsGroup
The3DragonsGroup
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Demon Possessed Toys Jan. 23rd, 2011 @ 10:27 PM Reply

At 1/23/11 10:18 PM, joshylikes2smash wrote:
At 1/23/11 10:09 PM, iBliss wrote: Oh, I had this one game system it went a little like this...

Cool creepypasta, bro.

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.' - Samuel Johnson

BBS Signature
Viktor
Viktor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to Demon Possessed Toys Jan. 23rd, 2011 @ 10:29 PM Reply

At 1/23/11 10:27 PM, The3DragonsGroup wrote:
At 1/23/11 10:18 PM, joshylikes2smash wrote:
Cool creepypasta, bro.

Thanks bro, it was a lot of hard work pasting that creepiness!

Stereocrisis
Stereocrisis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Demon Possessed Toys Jan. 23rd, 2011 @ 10:33 PM Reply

I had this toy train set. It was so cheap, the train never used to stay on the traintracks. I eventually got fed up with it because it just wouldn't stay on the tracks. It was useless.

So my parents put it upstairs.

We woke up one morning and heard something in the attic.

choo-choo

My mom went upstairs and the fucking train was going on the tracks perfectly.

It wasn't long before it was in the trash.

AccountableMasses
AccountableMasses
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Demon Possessed Toys Jan. 23rd, 2011 @ 10:41 PM Reply

Well, was shopping around on ebay for haunted dolls... found a few and boy did it get weird after that...

Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Demon Possessed Toys Jan. 23rd, 2011 @ 10:45 PM Reply

I had a bigass teddy bear when I was little and just had it sitting in a rocking chair, and I swear it gradually got closer to my bed when I was trying to sleep.

Stereocrisis
Stereocrisis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Demon Possessed Toys Jan. 23rd, 2011 @ 10:46 PM Reply

At 1/23/11 10:38 PM, Liquify wrote:
At 1/23/11 10:33 PM, Stereocrisis wrote: I had this toy train set. It was so cheap, the train never used to stay on the traintracks. I eventually got fed up with it because it just wouldn't stay on the tracks. It was useless.
You know that a toy train set has to be put at an altitude that is high enough to pressurize the tracks, so they train can lock on, right?

It wasn't possessed it just blinded you... with science!

DERP SARCASM

My attic doesn't have a flat floor. It's all uneven floorboards. The train should have worked even worse upstairs. Besides, you're ignoring something. I told you my parents put it upstairs. Do you think they ASSEMBLED it upstairs?

the freaky demonic thing was packed in a box.
Ronald-McDonald-LoL
Ronald-McDonald-LoL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Demon Possessed Toys Jan. 23rd, 2011 @ 10:56 PM Reply

Who could forget this?

Best thing to do with demonic toys is to just pitch them... Get them out of there.
Especially a demonic train from hell.

BBS Signature
Stereocrisis
Stereocrisis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Demon Possessed Toys Jan. 23rd, 2011 @ 11:35 PM Reply

At 1/23/11 10:56 PM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: Who could forget this?

Best thing to do with demonic toys is to just pitch them... Get them out of there.
Especially a demonic train from hell.

Yea, that train was fucked up.

Not to mention that Good Guy doll I had. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkpte31_M 6c

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Demon Possessed Toys Jan. 23rd, 2011 @ 11:48 PM Reply

I pawned all my demonically possessed objects a while ago.

Jercurpac
Jercurpac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Melancholy
Response to Demon Possessed Toys Jan. 24th, 2011 @ 12:14 AM Reply

My grandfather was an avid angler. Some of my favorite childhood memories are of fishing with him. I wasn't a very violent child so when we went out I always insisted that we throw back everything we caught. Of course he didn't follow those rules when I was absent and he was fond of catching fish and mounting them to be hung on his wall. He had a study where he kept dozens of them on the wall. I hated going into that room all those dead eyes staring at me. I felt like I could suffocate under their gaze.

One day we were at my grandparents house and my grandfather asked me to get something off of the desk in his study. Eager to help I forgot why I was so afraid of that room and happily rant to it. My joy quickly melted once I entered the study. I'd never been alone with all those fish before. My throat went dry, the walls of fish seemed to tower above me. Suddenly I saw one more horrifying than the others. It seemed unreal, like it came from waters unknown to any other fish on the planet.

Against my better judgment I walked up to it. Closer and close I drew until with a creak it moved. It lifted its head off its plank of wood and then stared at me. It opened its gaping mouth and began singing Al Green's Take Me to the River. Consumed by fear I passed out.

My family tells me they found my crying in a corner and that I was unable to speak for days. I don't remember much from that time after my encounter, but I swore to god that I'd never go in that room again.

Happy with what you have to be happy with
you have to be happy with what you have
to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature
Ronald-McDonald-LoL
Ronald-McDonald-LoL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Demon Possessed Toys Jan. 24th, 2011 @ 12:47 AM Reply

Jercurpac, that is the best fish story I have ever read. Animatronics always get to me.

Around last Halloween, I was shopping with my mother. They had a display of little automated cobras. They were coiled up, with the head and hood stretched upright. These things had a little red button. My mom is a bit shorter than me, so they were at eye level to her. She pushed the red button on the closest cobra, and it did nothing. She leaned in closer for a better look, and the cobra's face lit up, and it suddenly jerked forward.

I've never heard my mother make that noise in my life. She jumped back and yelped in surprise. Myself, I about fell over laughing. We almost bought one.

BBS Signature