New Topic Respond to this Topic
Goatchrist
Goatchrist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 21:21:32 Reply

At 4/16/04 08:55 PM, SoulShadower wrote: Yeah, They're not bad. Not as good as Emperor, though. I think their drummer was jailed for killing someone and the rest of them were jailed for burning churches. Read the book Lord of Chaos, it's all about them.

Sounds like a nice band :)

Well, I'll go to bed now, it's 3:20 am here, see you guys later, have fun and keep it up and running :)

Check out my new Mystical Dominion Webzine

BBS Signature
PunishedOne
PunishedOne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 23:15:53 Reply

God damn, I've been listening to ONLY Metallica all day.

I think that's a bad sign :-p

KozmoKramer
KozmoKramer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 23:25:34 Reply

which metallica cd

SoulShadower
SoulShadower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-16 23:57:08 Reply

Wow, I never realised how good Katatonia is. If you guys don't know them, download a song like Sweet Nurse. Good stuff.

Indifference
Indifference
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 00:32:33 Reply

At 4/16/04 08:40 PM, -poxpower- wrote: Blind Guardian === Lord of the Rings, Nightfall
Rhapsody === Rage of the Winter, Wizard's Last Rhymes

i love these bands. dammit. there is so much stuff i keep forgetting to mention.

RageOfOrder
RageOfOrder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 01:23:41 Reply

heres my playlist... I listen to a wide range of rock music.. everything from slightly heavier than punk to deathmetal

http://www.cold-chaos.net/voltage/playlist.htm

I can't believe I havn't seen this thread before.. In flames is the best band of all time, imo. Another awesome band nobody has ever heard of:
Violent work of Art
and another good one,
Sub Dub Micromachine

I was lookin at the first page and saw -Headbanger- was listenin to In Flames - Trigger
Fuck that is a monster track, it has everything in it. Thrash style lyrics at the start, awesome rifs, then a more melodic finish to things.

*listens to Deadstar Assembly - Send me an Angel*

Indifference
Indifference
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 01:52:11 Reply

At 4/17/04 01:23 AM, RageOfOrder wrote: *listens to Deadstar Assembly - Send me an Angel*

you have good taste. i haven't heard that song though. by any chance is it a cover from this 80's/early 90's band real life? if you don't know that's cool, but if you want to post some of the lyrics i could tell you if it was.

RageOfOrder
RageOfOrder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 02:05:03 Reply

At 4/17/04 01:52 AM, CATS_A_PLEANTY wrote:
At 4/17/04 01:23 AM, RageOfOrder wrote: *listens to Deadstar Assembly - Send me an Angel*
you have good taste.

thanks.

if you want to post some of the lyrics i could tell you if it was.

http://www.2famouslyrics.com/d/deadstar-assembly/send-me-an-angel.html

I wouldnt know, I only heard it for the first time yesterday..

Indifference
Indifference
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 02:16:51 Reply

At 4/17/04 02:05 AM, RageOfOrder wrote:
At 4/17/04 01:52 AM, CATS_A_PLEANTY wrote:
you have good taste.
thanks.

if you want to post some of the lyrics i could tell you if it was.
http://www.2famouslyrics.com/d/deadstar-assembly/send-me-an-angel.html

I wouldnt know, I only heard it for the first time yesterday..

HA HA HA HA HA HA it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh man that is great. you need to download the original by real life. its this crazy 80's song. listen to the original, then listen to the cover again.

RageOfOrder
RageOfOrder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 02:21:09 Reply

I'll do it tomorrow.. Too tired right now >.<
I have my comp routed through my stereo so anything I play on the comp comes out in 240 watt channels :D

*listens to Soilwork - Rejetion Role then goes to bed*

SoulShadower
SoulShadower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 03:48:54 Reply

Ok guys. I just finished my new animation, the music video to Sleepless by Cradle of FIlth. View it here
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/162808
and vote 5!

Indifference
Indifference
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 04:15:20 Reply

At 4/17/04 03:48 AM, SoulShadower wrote: Ok guys. I just finished my new animation, the music video to Sleepless by Cradle of FIlth. View it here
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/162808
and vote 5!

i viewed and gave you high ratings. well done my friend. it was a winner. kick ass song too.

WitheringNihil
WitheringNihil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 05:30:09 Reply

Yeah, not a bad flash, i gave it a good score as well, good song too.

I think this group should be about enrichment as said, and all you guys who like nu-metal bands like Slipknot you really should check out some Melodic death metal, i.e. In Flames, Soilwork, Arch Enemy and Dark Tranquility. Only just over 6 months ago i was a big Nu-mrtal fans and I bought some In Flames and Arch Enemy CD's on a hunch and really loved them, and most of my friends who were/are into Nu-metal agreed when I made them listen to some, so much so that I now have 5 other people travelling with me to see In Flames live in London in a few days!

It seems that Headbanger is another convert, and a quick one it seems from what some of you have been posting, so i was wondering headbanger, how long ago did you find the great gothenburg scene bands like those you listed in your favourites?

SkeletonGimp
SkeletonGimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 06:04:29 Reply

-Wakes up to the sound of Deicide "Fuck Your God" on his P.C.-

I shall fiffen the movie when my Dial Up connection decides to let me watch it... Anyways, I missed out on a Cannibal Corpse tour date in London. I totally forgot all about it untill today and it was like, reviewed as a kick ass show in the last Rock-Sound mag (Placed conveniantly in a tiny bit in the corner where no one will notice it. Damn Nu-Metal bands filling up the space all the time....) Oh well, atleast there's the Wednesday 13 A Go-Go tour to go to.

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008 Feel free to MSN me: warsmithdave@msn.com Beware the NGSkeletonGimp! M:tG Klub.

BBS Signature
Goatchrist
Goatchrist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 06:12:55 Reply

At 4/17/04 05:30 AM, Falkowski wrote:
It seems that Headbanger is another convert, and a quick one it seems from what some of you have been posting, so i was wondering headbanger, how long ago did you find the great gothenburg scene bands like those you listed in your favourites?

Yeah, I just know them for about 5 or 6 days :D Thank CATS OF A PLENTY for that :) without him I wouldn't listen to the good stuff, and thank the German ROCKHARD forums :)

What's KoRn by the way? :D

BBS Signature
WitheringNihil
WitheringNihil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 06:56:45 Reply

yeah, i was suprised at first by the list of bands you liked after looking at the sites/clubs in your sig, Korn and co were who i started listening too, and if it wasn't for those bands becoming popular I might not have got into heavier, and in my opinion, better bands.

Also I was just wondering, has anyone else here heard of a band called Ektomorf, they are a Hungarian death metal band with tribal influnces, ive only heard two songs but they are both good, they list Sepultura as their biggest influence and it shows, quite similar stuff with a gypsy influnce.
if you feel like checking them out their main website is down but you can see them on their record label's site at : <A>http://www.nuclearblastusa.com/bands/ektomorf.html<A>
And you can see their video for the single "I Know Them" here:
<A>http://www.nuclearblast.de/band_show.php3?action=video&artist=679<A>
Hope you check them out if they sound like they might intrest you.

Goatchrist
Goatchrist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 07:01:16 Reply

At 4/17/04 06:56 AM, Falkowski wrote: yeah, i was suprised at first by the list of bands you liked after looking at the sites/clubs in your sig, Korn and co were who i started listening too, and if it wasn't for those bands becoming popular I might not have got into heavier, and in my opinion, better bands.

yeah, I'll just let those clubs die :)

Also I was just wondering, has anyone else here heard of a band called Ektomorf, they are a Hungarian death metal band with tribal influnces, ive only heard two songs but they are both good, they list Sepultura as their biggest influence and it shows, quite similar stuff with a gypsy influnce.

Tribal influence? Sepultura influence? Sounds interesting :) I'll check them out right now..

Do we have Iced Earth fans here? Haven't heard any song from them yet, but it should be pretty interesting, any suggestions from those who know them?

BBS Signature
WitheringNihil
WitheringNihil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 07:15:02 Reply

Ive heard some of Iced Earth's music, from their new album at least, if you like power metal you will most probably like them, ans their new album " The Glorius burden" is meant to be very good, but thats just what i have heard, seeing as you like Nightwish you probably will like them.

SkeletonGimp
SkeletonGimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 07:35:17 Reply

Iced Earth is damngood-core.Damngood-Core, the new genre for the generation Y children. Y shell out for a whole album when you can just download all your favourite genres?

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008 Feel free to MSN me: warsmithdave@msn.com Beware the NGSkeletonGimp! M:tG Klub.

BBS Signature
Goatchrist
Goatchrist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 08:08:06 Reply

Sounds pretty good, will check Iced Earth out now :) Hopefully that won't be a mistake.

BBS Signature
WitheringNihil
WitheringNihil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 08:58:33 Reply

I am just listening to In Flames now, I was wondering what you guys think their best album is?

I myself might have to go for Clayman. I think it has exactly the right balance between melody and heavyness.

Also, lets try and keep this Topic on the front page of the clubs, that is if we still want to get members.

SoulShadower
SoulShadower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 10:14:23 Reply

At 4/17/04 04:15 AM, CATS_A_PLEANTY wrote: i viewed and gave you high ratings. well done my friend. it was a winner. kick ass song too.

Thanks! I tried hard, but I realised that the beginning kinda sucks becuase I got so much better at flash while making the thing. I'm satisfied though, it got a 3.12.

At 4/17/04 07:01 AM, -HeadBanger- wrote: Do we have Iced Earth fans here? Haven't heard any song from them yet, but it should be pretty interesting, any suggestions from those who know them?

Me! I'm gonna go see them with Children Of Bodom on the 23rd. But their new CD isn't that great. It's all acoustic stuff about the civil war...A couple good soungs, thoug. If you want good song by them, I suggest Angel's Holocaust, or their Hallowed be Thy Name cover.
They're a lot like Iron Maiden.

King-Nothing
King-Nothing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 10:18:35 Reply

Wow, this club aint doing too bad...wonder if I should join. I'll sleep on it! :P

Mr-Silv3r
Mr-Silv3r
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 10:22:04 Reply

Well, not that i've been much noticed, but anyway.

Nice to see Cats has learnt how to spell Zyklon, and learned that theres two different ones, both from Emperor (Zyklon and Zyklon B).

Hooray.

Ive stated my favorite bands so damn much lately, well in the past month, i can't be bothered finding an old post to copy and paste, so you can wait. I guess.

Has anyone else here seen Blood Duster? I've only seen / heard them live, and it was one hell of a show, if you ever get the opportunity i suggest you check it out. Speaking of anyone heard, what do you people think of Burzum? Or less crazy in real life, but crazier more extreme metal folk, The Berzerker (way to be from melbourne!)?

Also, freaker... uh, i mean Headbanger, with you being in Austria (hey, i had a guy live at my house for a while who was austrian, and my best friends mum is going out with one) and in a decent regional area, remembering im in australia ok mate, of germany, i thought you'd have a bit more of an interest in the Industrial scene.

Has anyone heard the new soulfly or chimaira albums? I'm in need of an opinion, and yeah. Also, have to forge me an ID so i can get tickets / into the Killswitch Engage and some other band touring Australia soon.

*insert further ramblings*

Oh. Your. God.

BBS Signature
SoulShadower
SoulShadower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 10:22:24 Reply

I'd like to get some ideas for Flash animations, so I want some requests from you guys. Gimme a good song to make a music video to. Tell me what to put in it, what song, and I'll give you credit. I have a B+ batting average, and I'm getting better. I just need ideas.

Mr-Silv3r
Mr-Silv3r
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 10:26:30 Reply

At 4/17/04 10:22 AM, SoulShadower wrote: I just need ideas.

Well, my idea involves Nine Inch Nails - Hurt.

So i have a feeling that wouldnt go down too well.

Oh. Your. God.

BBS Signature
Goatchrist
Goatchrist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 10:27:23 Reply

At 4/17/04 10:22 AM, SoulShadower wrote: I'd like to get some ideas for Flash animations, so I want some requests from you guys. Gimme a good song to make a music video to. Tell me what to put in it, what song, and I'll give you credit. I have a B+ batting average, and I'm getting better. I just need ideas.

Finally a good idea :)

What about.....

Soilwork - Song Of The Damned?

or

In Flames - Evil in a Closet

BBS Signature
SoulShadower
SoulShadower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 10:33:01 Reply

At 4/17/04 10:27 AM, -HeadBanger- wrote: In Flames - Evil in a Closet

Sounds good. What's the song about/what should I put in it?

I just downloaded Killswitch Engage, and they're not bad. Kinda straightedge, but different.

RageOfOrder
RageOfOrder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 10:34:56 Reply

*listening to Dark Tranquility - The Same*

Goddamnit no concerts ever come to where I live... I have to travel at least 6 hours for the nearest concerts which happen like twice a year.. nobody worth seeing anyways.. its usually like nickelback and shit..

I actually had some Soilwork sittin on my comp that I forgot about. I accidentally downloaded it some time ago when I was lookin for stuff by sOIL. I guess I just ignored it until now.. *slaps forehead*
Anyways.. Violent Work of Art is my fav for the day...
*listens to Violent Work of Art - Zyklon B*
I wish I could find their music on Kazaa beause the IUMA.com server has a speed of 1kb per second so its an incredibly BORING wait to download their music..

WitheringNihil
WitheringNihil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2004-04-17 10:53:30 Reply

At 4/17/04 10:22 AM, Mr-Silv3r wrote:

::

Has anyone heard the new soulfly or chimaira albums? I'm in need of an opinion, and yeah.
*insert further ramblings*

The new Soulfly album I have already talked about a bit, just look back over the last few pages, As for Chimaira, do you mean the impossibility of reason, as that is the latest one but has been out for agesbut has just been re-released as a digi-pack version with bonus tracks. I have the non-digipack version and i really like it, its 100% better than their first album and has some really aggresive tracks like "power trip" and "pure hatred"

Also as far as music videos go, Evil in a closet is a good song, but i think something with a faster pace might be better, Such as Pinball map from the Clayman album or Behind space 99 from the Colony Album. Two of In Flames greatest songs in my opinion, and if any of you other In Flames fans haven heard Pinball Map, I strongly suggest you check it out.