BrenTheMan
BrenTheMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 04
Audiophile
Response to Metal Hell 2015-03-23 19:39:31 Reply

At 3/16/15 09:25 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: I'm looking for a way to explore Cannibal Corpse's work a little deeper.

I haven't listened to much CC but if it were me, I'd probably listen to a recent live album to start. That might give you a good mix, then you can go from there.

At 3/19/15 08:50 PM, Twone wrote: Regardless, I'd love some feedback from you guys on this. How'd I do?

I personally don't mind you posting this here. I'll listen to it tomorrow.

Right now, I'm checking out Cattle Decapitation for the first time. I'm actually really liking their latest album so far.

I manage NG's servers (and other stuff).
Need help? Have questions? Please read the FAQ!

BBS Signature
BrenTheMan
BrenTheMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 04
Audiophile
Response to Metal Hell 2015-03-24 15:19:57 Reply

At 3/19/15 08:50 PM, Twone wrote: Regardless, I'd love some feedback from you guys on this. How'd I do?

I listened to the album a couple times. I don't listen to much black metal, but it's actually not bad at all. If I had written and recorded an album like this, especially in one month, I'd be very fucking proud of myself.

But why not upload at least some tracks to NG+? I think posting to another site and advertising it on NG+ is a bit of a dick move.

Nice work though.

BBS Signature
BrenTheMan
BrenTheMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 04
Audiophile
Response to Metal Hell 2015-03-24 19:41:09 Reply

At 3/17/15 07:10 AM, Cordyceps wrote: I would encourage all of you to check out Marc A. Pullen's work.

I checked out a few tracks but wasn't too impressed. He definitely has talent, but to me these tracks sound like not much more than someone riffing over some backing tracks in order to warm up.

The guitar player from Born of Osiris just did a solo album and I felt similarly about what I've heard so far. Sometimes it's as though the music was created by a random note generator. Something is missing.

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 37
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2015-03-25 07:52:20 Reply

Not metal related. But I know some people here listen to them
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/godspeed_you_black_emperor_stream_new_album.html

Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 37
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2015-03-25 19:09:58 Reply

New Weedeater track!

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
Twone
Twone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2015-03-25 20:15:34 (edited 2015-03-25 20:16:58) Reply

At 3/24/15 03:19 PM, BrenTheMan wrote: But why not upload at least some tracks to NG+? I think posting to another site and advertising it on NG+ is a bit of a dick move.

This crossed my mind. Maybe I'll upload it (or at least some of it), but I shared with y'all to get your professional metal opinions. I'd also rather people have the WAV version instead of mp3 if they choose to download it.

Thanks a lot for listening, though! I'm going to try to make this a real band and play shows.

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 37
Musician

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 38
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2015-03-26 21:43:44 Reply

At 3/26/15 03:31 PM, Viper wrote: Two bits of bad news
Immortal have called it quits
and
Scott Clendenin (former bassist for Death) has died at 47

Abbath will still be releasing new material though. And he's still going to play Immortal's music live.

I remember reading on Facebook that Clendenin had passed two days ago. It's always sad to see anyone go so young...

Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 37
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2015-03-26 23:31:31 Reply

At 3/26/15 09:43 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Abbath will still be releasing new material though. And he's still going to play Immortal's music live.

Yeah both of those are true. Still sucks in some way.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 38
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2015-03-28 15:23:44 Reply

At 3/26/15 11:31 PM, Viper wrote:
At 3/26/15 09:43 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Abbath will still be releasing new material though. And he's still going to play Immortal's music live.
Yeah both of those are true. Still sucks in some way.

Definitely. But I didn't know that the guys from Immortal didn't get along, or at least not on a legal level. So I really wasn't expecting them to disband. It's kind of sad, yes...