Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 36
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2014-12-23 17:21:46 Reply

At 12/23/14 05:15 PM, BrenTheMan wrote:
At 12/23/14 01:08 PM, Viper wrote: Got a Dust vinyl that I ordered in the mail today.
Interesting. You could be a radio DJ.

I guess. Though I more like collecting the stuff.

Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
BrenTheMan
BrenTheMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 04
Audiophile
Response to Metal Hell 2014-12-23 17:41:30 Reply

At 12/23/14 05:21 PM, Viper wrote: I guess. Though I more like collecting the stuff.

You seem to have a real depth of knowledge about these bands. You kind of remind me of that guy they had DJ on Sirius/XM who wrote a whole book on the history of metal.

I manage NG's servers (and other stuff).
E-mail us with questions, concerns, complaints, compliments ;), etc. related to the site.
Here is info on chat and the store closing.

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 36
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2014-12-23 18:00:55 (edited 2014-12-23 18:01:44) Reply

At 12/23/14 05:41 PM, BrenTheMan wrote: You seem to have a real depth of knowledge about these bands. You kind of remind me of that guy they had DJ on Sirius/XM who wrote a whole book on the history of metal.

I guess. But sometimes I feel my knowledge is lacking. I'm a till discovering more and more new bands and albums and whatnot from way back when and I won't rest til I have found a good sized chunk of them. A good place that I started at was this blog I found. Someone had compiled I think like 100 "volumes" of old school heavy metal and newer metal bands and at the moment I only have 1-10 downloaded and put in my external hard drive.

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 36
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2014-12-23 18:04:48 Reply

Also. Really good band BrenTheMan. Check out Pallbearer.
Sorrow And Extinction
Foundations of Burden

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
TakeNoPrisoners
TakeNoPrisoners
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2014-12-24 03:50:25 Reply

Heavenduff, I'm with you on Scorn Defeat. I still blast Burzum's self titled album, but Sigh is weird in a good way. I can never tell whether or not they're doing the "evil" satanist stuff because they actually believe it or if they're doing it because extreme music to some extent requires extreme lyrical content. I know 99% of black metal artists aren't actually satanists or whatever, but Famine definitely seems to be all about it in interviews which is amusing for sure, but it's like he's read nothing but Nietzsche, Schopenhauer, and La Rochefoucauld. Nothing wrong with that per say, but you know what you're getting into at least when you read about him.

Viper, that's some awesome oldschool stuff. Reminds me of Manilla Road which I love. Never heard of them before seeing your post so thanks man.

?

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 36
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2014-12-24 14:14:41 Reply

At 12/24/14 03:50 AM, TakeNoPrisoners wrote: Viper, that's some awesome oldschool stuff. Reminds me of Manilla Road which I love. Never heard of them before seeing your post so thanks man.

Dust or Pallbearer? Either way they're both pretty great stuff. Though I'd say the artwork from Dust's album looks like something Manilla Road would use.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature