Be a Supporter!

Metal Hell

  • 1,952,733 Views
  • 78,480 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheDaemonicPoet
TheDaemonicPoet
  • Member since: May. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-31 15:38:39 Reply

At 7/31/13 01:52 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 7/31/13 06:04 AM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote:
At 7/30/13 09:40 PM, smeagol1 wrote:
Chicken
In all seriousness guys, you can create an official debate page on the politics forum to debate gun control.

I have nothing more to say about this subject, there was just no need to create a new thread when all I had to do was answering.

On the subject of Metal, I'm getting really fond of hardcore/post-hardcore-influenced metal, not metalcore, bands like Mastodon, Cult of Luna, Neurosis, specially when it meets sludge. What would you recommend me?


Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-31 16:28:30 Reply

At 7/31/13 02:43 PM, ElGhoulio wrote: There's your problem. For starters, devaluate is not a word; the word you're looking for is devalue. That being out of the way, I didn't devalue any of your arguments. I merely stated that you should take them somewhere where they're needed, and not here.

Why do you feel the need to correct my spelling? On peut parler en français si tu veux. Ce serait plus facile pour moi, mais je doute que tu parles un seul mot de français. N'est-ce pas ?

And like previously stated, I DIDN'T SPEAK MY OPINION. I'd write it bigger if it could help you understand, but I can't.

Because in prison, being loud and obnoxious gets you killed. If you can't see how that would teach you how to keep your mouth shut when the situation requires is, I don't know how to spell it out any clearer for you. That's not a fuckin ad-hominem attack. I never attacked your personality or your person; I merely disagreed with you. If anyone has attacked someone's character, it's you, Duff.

That has nothing to do with what I said. Do you even read? I said you don't have to be a fucking physicist to know that gravity exists. I never attacked anyone's character in anyway. I did however use the ad hominem incorrectly. What I meant is that you based the validity of your argument not on the content of your argument but on the personnal experience that you have, compared to my personnal experiences (you know nothing about) to validate your position. Which is probably closer to Argumentum ad verecundiam, and not Ad Hominem.

No, you don't need to get your fingers stuck in blades to know not to do that, but if you were to in fact cut your fingers with a chainsaw, I'm pretty damn sure you're a lot less likely to do that again than someone who hasn't done that. And yes, going to prison does teach you a lot about life, if you're willing to learn.

It teaches you stuff about social outcasts, yes. And you still don't have a point. I don't see how you going to jail makes you more capable of understanding that there are proper places and situations to speak your mind.

From the post you made, it is not me who is devaluing you, but you who is devaluing me. You insisted that my experiences which you do not have do not matter and are irrelevant. You seem to believe that opinions that contradict your own are worthless/incorrect. I have not devalued anything you have said; I merely stated that the Metal Hell was not the place to say it.

I didn't devalue your opinion. In fact I pretty much agreed with your original position which was that there is a place and time to discuss such matter and that the Metal Hell shouldn't be this place. I do not agree with the argument you used to support this though, as your argument was fallacious. I do not mean to say that your personnal experience is irrelevant to anything, but going to jail definitely isn't the only thing that teaches an individual how to act in social situations. In fact, I'm pretty sure it does quite the opposite. Jail seems to teach more on how to use fear and dominate others rather than teach them respect and good-manners.

Your argument was not even that you had a point of view I couldn't have on a matter, which I would agree with. Your inside look of what jail is gives you one perspective on the matter, but it doesn't make you all-around more able then me to understand the matter. It's like saying you need to be a cook to appreciate good food. Of course, making the food makes you able to have a specific perspective on the matter, but you do not have an all-around better perspective then others on the matter...

You are nothing without your experiences, Duff. They are always relevant. And besides, I wasn't debating. I was ending the debate. I've had collegiate debates before and I know when I'm debating. Last night, I was telling y'all to STFU about politics since this not the place for that. I apologize for whatever contribution I made to that, but I saw it getting a little heated, so I interjected, and felt my personal experiences would be a guide in explaining why arguing about politics in a metal forum is a bad idea.

It's funny that you focus your whole post around me... cause just go back... read my posts... I didn't say shit on gun control.

You wrote 4 paragraphs in response to a one sentence handle. That's overreacting. You have a habit of doing that whenever someone disagrees with you. I noticed this years ago when you first joined the metal hell, and it's only gotten worse since. What really grinded my gears, though, was that you insisted that I was crazy for liking Domenici better than LaBrie, when it turns out...

More like four lines...

And I didn't say shit about your preference for Domenici. Now you're just making stuff up! You're getting paranoid, Ghoul.

I know this is a lot to read, Duff, but this is something I've noticed for years, and that is you shut down and attempt to steamroll anybody who disagrees with you online, probably because you can't do that in real life. Either way, I realize I'm never gonna change you, so I guess trying to talk to you is a pointless affair.

Now shove this in your head already: I DIDN'T TAKE ANY PART IN THE DEBATE ON GUN CONTROL!

Second of: Yes I got in a fight with you because your whole point was that I didn't have the life experience to understand. Not only is this pretentious ad hominem bullshit, but that's also a flat-out lie based on assumptions you made on my behalf! You have no clue who I am, and you are judging me on posts I made before you got thrown in prison! I joinned the Metal Hell when I was 15 years old, I now am 23. I grew up, cut me some slack.

And yes I'm actually getting angry at you. Just why the fuck would you say something like: "I've noticed for years, and that is you shut down and attempt to steamroll anybody who disagrees with you online, probably because you can't do that in real life." ???

Like seriously Ghoul, if you are going to say bullshit like that, don't ever pretend that you know how to have intelligent "college level" debates if you use that bullshit with me. FYI, I speak my mind, I debate, I discuss my ideas with people all the time. I took part in the student strike in Quebec in 2012 and went on a radio show to discuss my ideas and opinions on the matter.

But hey! It's way easier to pretend to know shit about people rather than think and make up real arguments, right?

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-31 16:53:45 Reply

At 7/31/13 02:43 PM, ElGhoulio wrote: What really grinded my gears, though, was that you insisted that I was crazy for liking Domenici better than LaBrie, when it turns out...

You didn't actually listen to Domenici. That is, you were talking out of your ass because someone insulted your hero.

Sorry if I'm posting again. But I need to adress this part here specifically, mainly because I want you to answer me in the most honest possible way, and to this part specifically.

I've went back to this short discussion we had, and here is a copy+paste of what I wrote about Domenici (Remember that I didn't write a single word on him afterward):

"I've not explored the whole DT library yet, so I can't tell if he's better. I'll give the album a listen soon :)"

And now answer please... Tell me if you are a liar, hypocritical or if you really just didn't read that well?

I seriously still can't believe that you said I would have INSISTED that you we're crazy for liking him more than LaBrie. And the next part is even worst! You accuse me of "talking out of my ass" about him, when all I said was that I didn't know him too well and that I had to listen to his work.

Now seriously, if you're lying and trying to manipulate the members of the Metal Hell into believing flat out lies like this, I can't express how dissapointed I am in your behavior. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't do this on purpose, because in all honesty... I've never had any kind of hate or disrespect for you until you started talking shit about me...

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Movie Buff
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-31 18:42:59 Reply

That Red Fang cover looks nuts.

At 7/31/13 03:38 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: On the subject of Metal, I'm getting really fond of hardcore/post-hardcore-influenced metal, not metalcore, bands like Mastodon, Cult of Luna, Neurosis, specially when it meets sludge. What would you recommend me?

Battle of Mice and Made out of Babies


sig by JaY11
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
TheDaemonicPoet
TheDaemonicPoet
  • Member since: May. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-31 20:26:13 Reply

At 7/31/13 06:42 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Battle of Mice and Made out of Babies

Astounding! The girl has an interesting voice, and I usually hate women in metal, but these two bands go with my style, very cool!


Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 40
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-31 21:22:54 Reply

Anyone here listen to Orne? They're pretty much Reverend Bizarre II except they're more Prog Rock.

since all 3 people in Reverend Bizarre are in the band even though Albert Witchfinder doesn't consider himself a band member
At 7/31/13 08:26 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: Astounding! The girl has an interesting voice, and I usually hate women in metal, but these two bands go with my style, very cool!

Even Kylesa?


Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Movie Buff
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-31 22:53:59 Reply

At 7/31/13 08:26 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote:
At 7/31/13 06:42 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Battle of Mice and Made out of Babies
Astounding! The girl has an interesting voice, and I usually hate women in metal, but these two bands go with my style, very cool!

Glad ya like 'em. There are lots of good metal bands with female vocals, though.

Alkonost
Stolen Babies
Gonin-Ish
Kylesa
Acid King
Unexpect
Hammers of Misfortune
Peccatum
Ava Inferi
Darkestrah (good black metal vocals from a female? You better believe it)
Arkona (ditto!)
Sinner's Bleed (awesome death metal vocals from a woman, though she left the band)


sig by JaY11
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-31 23:39:56 Reply

At 7/31/13 10:53 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 7/31/13 08:26 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote:
At 7/31/13 06:42 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Battle of Mice and Made out of Babies
Astounding! The girl has an interesting voice, and I usually hate women in metal, but these two bands go with my style, very cool!

That's because they often make these vocals as obnoxious as possible and there is always a huge focus in such bands on the female vocalist, most likely for commercial purposes... and usually not for artistic value. It's usually always over-technical female vocalists who can't seem to put any kind of emotion in their music.

But like Sense said, once you drop these gimmicky bands and look around, you'll find amazing female vocalists who aren't just there for show.

Glad ya like 'em. There are lots of good metal bands with female vocals, though.

Alkonost
Stolen Babies
Acid King
Unexpect
Hammers of Misfortune
Peccatum

I second all of the above.

I also recommand
Aghora
Thorr's Hammer

Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 40
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-01 00:18:56 Reply

At 7/31/13 11:39 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 7/31/13 10:53 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Alkonost
Stolen Babies
Acid King
Unexpect
Hammers of Misfortune
Peccatum
I second all of the above.

I also recommand
Aghora
Thorr's Hammer

Also add in
Blood Ceremony
Jex Thoth
Witch Mountain
Ludicra
and Spacegoat


Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-01 00:24:04 Reply

At 8/1/13 12:18 AM, Viper50 wrote: Jex Thoth

I have that Jex Thoth album on my desktop just waiting to be added to my library. I'll do it when I've familiarized myself with all my new albums.

Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 40
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-01 00:49:03 Reply

At 8/1/13 12:24 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: I have that Jex Thoth album on my desktop just waiting to be added to my library. I'll do it when I've familiarized myself with all my new albums.

It's not that bad of an album. I need to check out their second album (which came out last month and I was unaware of this). Though I've heard one song off of it and wasn't too enthused with what I heard....


Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 40
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-01 02:04:39 Reply

Anyone here listen to the German Power Metal band Mania?
I honestly have NO idea how I got music by them on my computer but I did at some point.
If you haven't listened to them this is their only studio album.
They're okay I guess. A review of theirs describes their sound as being "a blend of "Walls Of Jericho" and "Keeper Of The Seven Keys Pt. 1" era Helloween and just a little dash of Metal Church and Judas Priest."


Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Audiophile
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-01 08:25:56 Reply

So I'm absent without lurking here for a bit and a political debate blows up here. Hopefully everyone is settled now. I'm gonna leave the previous page as it is.

At 7/31/13 01:51 PM, Viper50 wrote: Red Fang have released the album art for their new album titled (for some reason) Whales And Leeches.
I say "for some reason" because Whales and Leeches was a song from their first album and this is their 3rd.

Eh, that's kinda like how Queen made a song called Sheer Heart Attack a few albums after the record of that name. Anyway, I'm looking forward to their new album. Murder the Mountains was good and I still dig several songs from it.

At 7/31/13 10:53 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Hammers of Misfortune

This x100

Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 40
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-01 11:05:46 Reply

At 8/1/13 08:25 AM, FromADistance wrote:
At 7/31/13 01:51 PM, Viper50 wrote: Red Fang have released the album art for their new album titled (for some reason) Whales And Leeches.
I say "for some reason" because Whales and Leeches was a song from their first album and this is their 3rd.
Eh, that's kinda like how Queen made a song called Sheer Heart Attack a few albums after the record of that name. Anyway, I'm looking forward to their new album. Murder the Mountains was good and I still dig several songs from it.

I was going to say it was also similar to what Led Zeppelin did with Houses Of The Holy but that album came out before the song Houses Of The Holy did. Also I felt that Whales and Leeches was the weakest song from their debut album though (strongest being either Prehistoric Dog or Good To Die).


Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-01 14:50:22 Reply

At 8/1/13 08:25 AM, FromADistance wrote: So I'm absent without lurking here for a bit and a political debate blows up here. Hopefully everyone is settled now. I'm gonna leave the previous page as it is.

I was wondering where you were. We missed you bro!

Eh, that's kinda like how Queen made a song called Sheer Heart Attack a few albums after the record of that name. Anyway, I'm looking forward to their new album. Murder the Mountains was good and I still dig several songs from it.

I can't seem to understand the point of that. They liked the name and thought it would be a good idea to use it multiple times. Just make it the name of your band!

TheDaemonicPoet
TheDaemonicPoet
  • Member since: May. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-01 15:02:07 Reply

At 7/31/13 11:39 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
That's because they often make these vocals as obnoxious as possible and there is always a huge focus in such bands on the female vocalist, most likely for commercial purposes... and usually not for artistic value. It's usually always over-technical female vocalists who can't seem to put any kind of emotion in their music.

But like Sense said, once you drop these gimmicky bands and look around, you'll find amazing female vocalists who aren't just there for show.

Yep, that's why I hate "gothic"/symphonic metal bands with their big-boobed pretty faces singing opera over heavily-distorted groups of power chords with some synth or keyboard playing with their cheesy melodies... Disgusting. It just sounds like heavy pop honestly, if I heard a metal tune over a Katy Perry song, I couldn't spot the difference between her and Epica, for example.

I also recommand
Aghora
Thorr's Hammer

I enjoyed Aghora, I love when bands mix jazz and metal, and her voice is soft and really fits the sound, well I will thank you but I'm getting metal bands with female members instead of hardcore/post-hardcore influenced metal bands.

At 7/31/13 10:53 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Glad ya like 'em. There are lots of good metal bands with female vocals, though.

Alkonost
Stolen Babies
Gonin-Ish
Kylesa
Acid King
Unexpect
Hammers of Misfortune
Peccatum
Ava Inferi
Darkestrah (good black metal vocals from a female? You better believe it)
Arkona (ditto!)
Sinner's Bleed (awesome death metal vocals from a woman, though she left the band)

Damn, I'm such a metal noob, I think I just sticked with my favourite bands you know? The only bands I know from the ones you listed were Kylesa, Acid King and Ava Inferi (from my country!), and I don't really listen to them that much, I just grew tired of searching new metal bands I didn't know about because in the end they all started sounding the same to me, so the only way I get to know new bands is once they get commercial success and everyone is talking about them, and I usually get dissapointed because of the blast of idiotic Djent coming up... I'm a bad metal fan ): Thank you for your suggestions though, but again, I ended up getting more bands with female members than hardcore/post-hardcore influenced metal bands...

At 7/31/13 09:22 PM, Viper50 wrote:
Even Kylesa?

I said usually!


Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature
Blackdoom13
Blackdoom13
  • Member since: Jul. 11, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-01 15:19:26 Reply

At 8/1/13 08:25 AM, FromADistance wrote: So I'm absent without lurking here for a bit and a political debate blows up here. Hopefully everyone is settled now. I'm gonna leave the previous page

I second this. Politicians and politics seruously piss me off.

Besides this isnt the place for a debate.

Now then does anybody have any thoughts on the new Nekrogoblikon album "Stench"?

I liked it but it really lacked the Goblins Are Better Than Trolls sound. I love that song.


When I die. It will be in a blaze of glory.
Metal Hellion/My band (Bestial Remains) Myspace/Sonic Crew

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-01 15:44:27 Reply

At 8/1/13 03:19 PM, Blackdoom13 wrote:
At 8/1/13 08:25 AM, FromADistance wrote: So I'm absent without lurking here for a bit and a political debate blows up here. Hopefully everyone is settled now. I'm gonna leave the previous page
I second this. Politicians and politics seruously piss me off.

I don't know how that translates in english, but in french we have two ways to say the word politic. One refers to the administrative part, the one you are complaining about, and the other refers to all that relates to power (pouvoir) relationships. There is no social organization without politic.

At 8/1/13 03:02 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: Yep, that's why I hate "gothic"/symphonic metal bands with their big-boobed pretty faces singing opera over heavily-distorted groups of power chords with some synth or keyboard playing with their cheesy melodies... Disgusting. It just sounds like heavy pop honestly, if I heard a metal tune over a Katy Perry song, I couldn't spot the difference between her and Epica, for example.

I wouldn't say Epica is like that. I know AniMetal would firmly disagree with you. Epica is a rather creative band, and even if Simone is rather beautiful, Epica as been around way before it became a gimmick to have popstars singing in your "metal". I was thinking more about titscore like In This Moment or heavy pop like Amaranthe. Nothing except the movie Avatar yells the word cashgrab louder than these shitty bands.

I enjoyed Aghora, I love when bands mix jazz and metal, and her voice is soft and really fits the sound, well I will thank you but I'm getting metal bands with female members instead of hardcore/post-hardcore influenced metal bands.

You can also hear Sean Malone on Aghora's first album, which is a big plus!

Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Audiophile
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-01 16:23:50 Reply

At 8/1/13 02:50 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: I was wondering where you were. We missed you bro!

Sorry man, my activity on NG these days really reeks. Wednesdays are generally busy days for me but enough of me excusing my inactivity. I'm seeing Iron Maiden this Saturday in London and I really cannot wait any longer. Bonus points for the daytime where I'm to meet up with a girl who I've been speaking to on the internet for the last few months. It should be a good day. Anything else metal related? Well, I picked up Iced Earth's self-titled and Horror Show the other day. It's amazing how long I've known this band and yet I still need to acquire the rest of their works. I'm only missing Dark Saga at this point so I should make the effort to finish off the collection of Iced Earth albums.

Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 40
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-01 16:24:15 Reply

At 8/1/13 03:02 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: I said usually!

I see....well Kylesa is a good band.
I still need to listen to Ultraviolet though....


Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
TheDaemonicPoet
TheDaemonicPoet
  • Member since: May. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-01 16:47:03 Reply

At 8/1/13 03:44 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: I wouldn't say Epica is like that. I know AniMetal would firmly disagree with you. Epica is a rather creative band, and even if Simone is rather beautiful, Epica as been around way before it became a gimmick to have popstars singing in your "metal". I was thinking more about titscore like In This Moment or heavy pop like Amaranthe. Nothing except the movie Avatar yells the word cashgrab louder than these shitty bands.

I just hate them all haha, they don't fit my taste, and I can't stand Epica specifically, I understand what you're saying though. But I don't know, I feel like I have a natural misogyny for women in metal, I also can't stand Arch Enemy, even though Angela's growls all the time, it makes my dick retract I don't enjoy that feeling haha.

There are some themes and feelings I don't want singers to inflict in me, and those are: whining, thus my hate for Epica and such, bullshit badassery and non-sense, thus my hate for some metalcore acts and most Djent, fairy tales and fabulousness, therefore and heretically I'm not a fan of most traditional heavy/doom/power metal and sexual harassment, and that's why I dislike Type-O-Negative. ;_;


Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-02 01:38:41 Reply

At 8/1/13 04:47 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: I just hate them all haha, they don't fit my taste, and I can't stand Epica specifically, I understand what you're saying though. But I don't know, I feel like I have a natural misogyny for women in metal, I also can't stand Arch Enemy, even though Angela's growls all the time, it makes my dick retract I don't enjoy that feeling haha.

Well... don't go for bands with female vocalists then. But there are great female musicians, though. Wata for Boris is one of my all time favorites.

There are some themes and feelings I don't want singers to inflict in me, and those are: whining, thus my hate for Epica and such, bullshit badassery and non-sense, thus my hate for some metalcore acts and most Djent, fairy tales and fabulousness, therefore and heretically I'm not a fan of most traditional heavy/doom/power metal and sexual harassment, and that's why I dislike Type-O-Negative. ;_;

I don't understand the "sexual harassment" part...

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-02 01:43:56 Reply

At 8/1/13 04:23 PM, FromADistance wrote: Sorry man, my activity on NG these days really reeks. Wednesdays are generally busy days for me but enough of me excusing my inactivity. I'm seeing Iron Maiden this Saturday in London and I really cannot wait any longer. Bonus points for the daytime where I'm to meet up with a girl who I've been speaking to on the internet for the last few months. It should be a good day. Anything else metal related? Well, I picked up Iced Earth's self-titled and Horror Show the other day. It's amazing how long I've known this band and yet I still need to acquire the rest of their works. I'm only missing Dark Saga at this point so I should make the effort to finish off the collection of Iced Earth albums.

I just feel that you're an important part of the Metal Hell :)

Talking about Maiden, it's pretty cool that you are going to see them live! Do you know if they play anything from their first two albums? I know they still play Phantom Of The Opera from time to time, but I don't know about all the other tracks.

I'm asking this because I really fell in love with the first album. I think it's the best Iron Maiden album by far. It's very different though, so it's hard to compare. I just like the general flow of the album and every single track is great, as with the Dickinson albums, we have some classic and memorable tracks and not so memorable tracks on the same album. I wouldn't give on Be Quick Or Be Dead, The Trooper, Aces High, Fear Of The Dark, Afraid To Shoot Strangers, 2 Minutes To Midnight or any other of the classics. But the first full-length with Di'Anno is a fucking masterpiece from the first second to the last.

Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 40
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-02 01:52:17 Reply

Anyone here listen to Камни?


Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
TheDaemonicPoet
TheDaemonicPoet
  • Member since: May. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-02 06:48:16 Reply

At 8/2/13 01:38 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: I don't understand the "sexual harassment" part...

It's simple, whenever I hear Peter's masculine voice I feel like he's trying to hit on me, and that's not pleasurable haha


Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Audiophile
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-02 07:53:20 Reply

At 8/2/13 01:43 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: I just feel that you're an important part of the Metal Hell :)

I have been here for a long time now but I feel most of my activities on this site as a whole have burned out. You'll see me more on social network websites than on here...

Talking about Maiden, it's pretty cool that you are going to see them live! Do you know if they play anything from their first two albums? I know they still play Phantom Of The Opera from time to time, but I don't know about all the other tracks.

They always play the song Iron Maiden, ALWAYS! I'm hoping they'll play Phantom of the Opera but I doubt they will. The Maiden England World Tour is based on the live album of the same name so if that setlist is anything to go by, I expect more of Seventh Son and Somewhere in Time but perhaps a non-Di'Anno era song or two apart from Iron Maiden will make it.

I'm asking this because I really fell in love with the first album. I think it's the best Iron Maiden album by far.

It's definitely one of their finest for sure. Even now I still have a hard time between the debut album, The Number of the Beast and Powerslave. That's always been one of my metal dilemmas. I could never live without one of them.

ElGhoulio
ElGhoulio
  • Member since: Aug. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-02 10:43:37 Reply

At 8/2/13 01:38 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 8/1/13 04:47 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: I just hate them all haha, they don't fit my taste, and I can't stand Epica specifically, I understand what you're saying though. But I don't know, I feel like I have a natural misogyny for women in metal, I also can't stand Arch Enemy, even though Angela's growls all the time, it makes my dick retract I don't enjoy that feeling haha.
Well... don't go for bands with female vocalists then. But there are great female musicians, though. Wata for Boris is one of my all time favorites.

Melissa hates female singers too. She doesn't mind them if they're not singing, but her attitude?

"Real women metalheads are shy and just as socially awkward as male metalheads. If you see some bimbo fronting a "metal" band wearing tight leather and revealing cleavage, she's just doing it because she knows guys are gonna fall over themselves to be with her. I don't like attention whores"

I don't mind female vocalists (if you're a good singer, you're a good singer) and I feel this view is a bit harsh, especially since a lot of female singers in metal are actually quite fat, like Annlouice Loegdland from DSO. Still, she's got an amazing voice and that's really all I care about -- the music.

There are some themes and feelings I don't want singers to inflict in me, and those are: whining, thus my hate for Epica and such, bullshit badassery and non-sense, thus my hate for some metalcore acts and most Djent, fairy tales and fabulousness, therefore and heretically I'm not a fan of most traditional heavy/doom/power metal and sexual harassment, and that's why I dislike Type-O-Negative. ;_;
I don't understand the "sexual harassment"

I think he's referring to Peter Steele's habit for writing slightly misogynistic lyrics, and for the tendency of women to fall over themselves to fuck him.

Just guessing. Still, it's obvious english ain't your first language, Daemonic Poet, so I'm extending some forgiveness for a non-sequitur or two. but forgive me if I interpreted your post wrong. I gotta agree with you, though, about the bullshit badassery, or as i like to call it, "tuff guy syndrome", which is why I hate most -core bands as well.


You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature
TheDaemonicPoet
TheDaemonicPoet
  • Member since: May. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-02 13:29:21 Reply

At 8/2/13 10:43 AM, ElGhoulio wrote:
I think he's referring to Peter Steele's habit for writing slightly misogynistic lyrics, and for the tendency of women to fall over themselves to fuck him.

It's more because of his masculine voice, he always sounds like he's trying to hit on someone.


Just guessing. Still, it's obvious english ain't your first language, Daemonic Poet, so I'm extending some forgiveness for a non-sequitur or two. but forgive me if I interpreted your post wrong. I gotta agree with you, though, about the bullshit badassery, or as i like to call it, "tuff guy syndrome", which is why I hate most -core bands as well.

Yep, it isn't, though I'm able to understand and communicate with ease, I'm not really that fluent. I hope that with time I will get better at it, I don't really have the opportunity to practice that much outside school. And I must say, newgrounds helped me a lot. Also, you're right.


Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature
ElGhoulio
ElGhoulio
  • Member since: Aug. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-02 14:42:11 Reply

At 8/2/13 01:29 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote:
At 8/2/13 10:43 AM, ElGhoulio wrote:
I think he's referring to Peter Steele's habit for writing slightly misogynistic lyrics, and for the tendency of women to fall over themselves to fuck him.
It's more because of his masculine voice, he always sounds like he's trying to hit on someone.

Haha it sounds like he's trying too hard to lower his voice.


Just guessing. Still, it's obvious english ain't your first language, Daemonic Poet, so I'm extending some forgiveness for a non-sequitur or two. but forgive me if I interpreted your post wrong. I gotta agree with you, though, about the bullshit badassery, or as i like to call it, "tuff guy syndrome", which is why I hate most -core bands as well.
Yep, it isn't, though I'm able to understand and communicate with ease, I'm not really that fluent. I hope that with time I will get better at it, I don't really have the opportunity to practice that much outside school. And I must say, newgrounds helped me a lot. Also, you're right.

Your english is actually really good. There are occasional non-sequiturs, but that's usually because you use a word or phrase that, while in portuguese might've been appropriate, in english didn't quite translate. But that's not very often, and it happens whenever anyone learns a new language.


You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-02 15:10:09 Reply

At 8/2/13 07:53 AM, FromADistance wrote: I have been here for a long time now but I feel most of my activities on this site as a whole have burned out. You'll see me more on social network websites than on here...

Owh :( But this is the Metal Hell... You still have stuff to say about metal...

They always play the song Iron Maiden, ALWAYS! I'm hoping they'll play Phantom of the Opera but I doubt they will. The Maiden England World Tour is based on the live album of the same name so if that setlist is anything to go by, I expect more of Seventh Son and Somewhere in Time but perhaps a non-Di'Anno era song or two apart from Iron Maiden will make it.

Pretty cool. I still like how Di'Anno sings that song though. I've never felt Maiden's britain punk influences before listening to their self-titled albums and to Di'Anno's vocals. I really like them!

But seing them live will be awesome for you nonetheless. It will most likely be a great show :)

It's definitely one of their finest for sure. Even now I still have a hard time between the debut album, The Number of the Beast and Powerslave. That's always been one of my metal dilemmas. I could never live without one of them.

I understand for Powerslave, but what tracks on The Number of the Beast are THAT good?

At 8/2/13 10:43 AM, ElGhoulio wrote: "Real women metalheads are shy and just as socially awkward as male metalheads. If you see some bimbo fronting a "metal" band wearing tight leather and revealing cleavage, she's just doing it because she knows guys are gonna fall over themselves to be with her. I don't like attention whores"

I don't recognize myself in "shy and socially awkward". We have so many different and who distinguish themselves from each other. Metalheads aren't all the same. All crowds have specificities. I've been to black metal, power metal, thrash metal, death metal shows, and the crowds are all different and so are the musicians.

I hate attention-whoring in metal myself. I'd say bimbo frontwoman in metal bands do not fit with metal not because it's not socially awkward enough, but because it doesn't go with the spirit of metal. I think metal isn't about being commercial and gimmicky shit like this. And having such cashgrab formulas definitely goes against my views of what makes metal metal.

I think he's referring to Peter Steele's habit for writing slightly misogynistic lyrics, and for the tendency of women to fall over themselves to fuck him.

Haha! I don't know the band, that's why I was asking.

Just guessing. Still, it's obvious english ain't your first language, Daemonic Poet, so I'm extending some forgiveness for a non-sequitur or two. but forgive me if I interpreted your post wrong. I gotta agree with you, though, about the bullshit badassery, or as i like to call it, "tuff guy syndrome", which is why I hate most -core bands as well.

*cough* Pantera *cough*