Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Movie Buff
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-31 22:53:59 Reply

At 7/31/13 08:26 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote:
At 7/31/13 06:42 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Battle of Mice and Made out of Babies
Astounding! The girl has an interesting voice, and I usually hate women in metal, but these two bands go with my style, very cool!

Glad ya like 'em. There are lots of good metal bands with female vocals, though.

Alkonost
Stolen Babies
Gonin-Ish
Kylesa
Acid King
Unexpect
Hammers of Misfortune
Peccatum
Ava Inferi
Darkestrah (good black metal vocals from a female? You better believe it)
Arkona (ditto!)
Sinner's Bleed (awesome death metal vocals from a woman, though she left the band)

sig by JaY11
Letterboxd
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-07-31 23:39:56 Reply

At 7/31/13 10:53 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 7/31/13 08:26 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote:
At 7/31/13 06:42 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Battle of Mice and Made out of Babies
Astounding! The girl has an interesting voice, and I usually hate women in metal, but these two bands go with my style, very cool!

That's because they often make these vocals as obnoxious as possible and there is always a huge focus in such bands on the female vocalist, most likely for commercial purposes... and usually not for artistic value. It's usually always over-technical female vocalists who can't seem to put any kind of emotion in their music.

But like Sense said, once you drop these gimmicky bands and look around, you'll find amazing female vocalists who aren't just there for show.

Glad ya like 'em. There are lots of good metal bands with female vocals, though.

Alkonost
Stolen Babies
Acid King
Unexpect
Hammers of Misfortune
Peccatum

I second all of the above.

I also recommand
Aghora
Thorr's Hammer

Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-01 00:18:56 Reply

At 7/31/13 11:39 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 7/31/13 10:53 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Alkonost
Stolen Babies
Acid King
Unexpect
Hammers of Misfortune
Peccatum
I second all of the above.

I also recommand
Aghora
Thorr's Hammer

Also add in
Blood Ceremony
Jex Thoth
Witch Mountain
Ludicra
and Spacegoat

Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-01 00:24:04 Reply

At 8/1/13 12:18 AM, Viper50 wrote: Jex Thoth

I have that Jex Thoth album on my desktop just waiting to be added to my library. I'll do it when I've familiarized myself with all my new albums.

Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-01 00:49:03 Reply

At 8/1/13 12:24 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: I have that Jex Thoth album on my desktop just waiting to be added to my library. I'll do it when I've familiarized myself with all my new albums.

It's not that bad of an album. I need to check out their second album (which came out last month and I was unaware of this). Though I've heard one song off of it and wasn't too enthused with what I heard....

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-01 02:04:39 Reply

Anyone here listen to the German Power Metal band Mania?
I honestly have NO idea how I got music by them on my computer but I did at some point.
If you haven't listened to them this is their only studio album.
They're okay I guess. A review of theirs describes their sound as being "a blend of "Walls Of Jericho" and "Keeper Of The Seven Keys Pt. 1" era Helloween and just a little dash of Metal Church and Judas Priest."

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-01 08:25:56 Reply

So I'm absent without lurking here for a bit and a political debate blows up here. Hopefully everyone is settled now. I'm gonna leave the previous page as it is.

At 7/31/13 01:51 PM, Viper50 wrote: Red Fang have released the album art for their new album titled (for some reason) Whales And Leeches.
I say "for some reason" because Whales and Leeches was a song from their first album and this is their 3rd.

Eh, that's kinda like how Queen made a song called Sheer Heart Attack a few albums after the record of that name. Anyway, I'm looking forward to their new album. Murder the Mountains was good and I still dig several songs from it.

At 7/31/13 10:53 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Hammers of Misfortune

This x100

Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-01 11:05:46 Reply

At 8/1/13 08:25 AM, FromADistance wrote:
At 7/31/13 01:51 PM, Viper50 wrote: Red Fang have released the album art for their new album titled (for some reason) Whales And Leeches.
I say "for some reason" because Whales and Leeches was a song from their first album and this is their 3rd.
Eh, that's kinda like how Queen made a song called Sheer Heart Attack a few albums after the record of that name. Anyway, I'm looking forward to their new album. Murder the Mountains was good and I still dig several songs from it.

I was going to say it was also similar to what Led Zeppelin did with Houses Of The Holy but that album came out before the song Houses Of The Holy did. Also I felt that Whales and Leeches was the weakest song from their debut album though (strongest being either Prehistoric Dog or Good To Die).

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-01 14:50:22 Reply

At 8/1/13 08:25 AM, FromADistance wrote: So I'm absent without lurking here for a bit and a political debate blows up here. Hopefully everyone is settled now. I'm gonna leave the previous page as it is.

I was wondering where you were. We missed you bro!

I can't seem to understand the point of that. They liked the name and thought it would be a good idea to use it multiple times. Just make it the name of your band!

TheDaemonicPoet
TheDaemonicPoet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-01 15:02:07 Reply

At 7/31/13 11:39 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
That's because they often make these vocals as obnoxious as possible and there is always a huge focus in such bands on the female vocalist, most likely for commercial purposes... and usually not for artistic value. It's usually always over-technical female vocalists who can't seem to put any kind of emotion in their music.

But like Sense said, once you drop these gimmicky bands and look around, you'll find amazing female vocalists who aren't just there for show.

Yep, that's why I hate "gothic"/symphonic metal bands with their big-boobed pretty faces singing opera over heavily-distorted groups of power chords with some synth or keyboard playing with their cheesy melodies... Disgusting. It just sounds like heavy pop honestly, if I heard a metal tune over a Katy Perry song, I couldn't spot the difference between her and Epica, for example.

I also recommand
Aghora
Thorr's Hammer

I enjoyed Aghora, I love when bands mix jazz and metal, and her voice is soft and really fits the sound, well I will thank you but I'm getting metal bands with female members instead of hardcore/post-hardcore influenced metal bands.

At 7/31/13 10:53 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Glad ya like 'em. There are lots of good metal bands with female vocals, though.

Alkonost
Stolen Babies
Gonin-Ish
Kylesa
Acid King
Unexpect
Hammers of Misfortune
Peccatum
Ava Inferi
Darkestrah (good black metal vocals from a female? You better believe it)
Arkona (ditto!)
Sinner's Bleed (awesome death metal vocals from a woman, though she left the band)

Damn, I'm such a metal noob, I think I just sticked with my favourite bands you know? The only bands I know from the ones you listed were Kylesa, Acid King and Ava Inferi (from my country!), and I don't really listen to them that much, I just grew tired of searching new metal bands I didn't know about because in the end they all started sounding the same to me, so the only way I get to know new bands is once they get commercial success and everyone is talking about them, and I usually get dissapointed because of the blast of idiotic Djent coming up... I'm a bad metal fan ): Thank you for your suggestions though, but again, I ended up getting more bands with female members than hardcore/post-hardcore influenced metal bands...

At 7/31/13 09:22 PM, Viper50 wrote:
Even Kylesa?

I said usually!

Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature
Blackdoom13
Blackdoom13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-01 15:19:26 Reply

At 8/1/13 08:25 AM, FromADistance wrote: So I'm absent without lurking here for a bit and a political debate blows up here. Hopefully everyone is settled now. I'm gonna leave the previous page

I second this. Politicians and politics seruously piss me off.

Besides this isnt the place for a debate.

Now then does anybody have any thoughts on the new Nekrogoblikon album "Stench"?

I liked it but it really lacked the Goblins Are Better Than Trolls sound. I love that song.

When I die. It will be in a blaze of glory.
Metal Hellion/My band (Bestial Remains) Myspace/Sonic Crew

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-01 15:44:27 Reply

At 8/1/13 03:19 PM, Blackdoom13 wrote:
At 8/1/13 08:25 AM, FromADistance wrote: So I'm absent without lurking here for a bit and a political debate blows up here. Hopefully everyone is settled now. I'm gonna leave the previous page
I second this. Politicians and politics seruously piss me off.

I don't know how that translates in english, but in french we have two ways to say the word politic. One refers to the administrative part, the one you are complaining about, and the other refers to all that relates to power (pouvoir) relationships. There is no social organization without politic.

At 8/1/13 03:02 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: Yep, that's why I hate "gothic"/symphonic metal bands with their big-boobed pretty faces singing opera over heavily-distorted groups of power chords with some synth or keyboard playing with their cheesy melodies... Disgusting. It just sounds like heavy pop honestly, if I heard a metal tune over a Katy Perry song, I couldn't spot the difference between her and Epica, for example.

I wouldn't say Epica is like that. I know AniMetal would firmly disagree with you. Epica is a rather creative band, and even if Simone is rather beautiful, Epica as been around way before it became a gimmick to have popstars singing in your "metal". I was thinking more about titscore like In This Moment or heavy pop like Amaranthe. Nothing except the movie Avatar yells the word cashgrab louder than these shitty bands.

I enjoyed Aghora, I love when bands mix jazz and metal, and her voice is soft and really fits the sound, well I will thank you but I'm getting metal bands with female members instead of hardcore/post-hardcore influenced metal bands.

You can also hear Sean Malone on Aghora's first album, which is a big plus!

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-01 16:23:50 Reply

At 8/1/13 02:50 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: I was wondering where you were. We missed you bro!

Sorry man, my activity on NG these days really reeks. Wednesdays are generally busy days for me but enough of me excusing my inactivity. I'm seeing Iron Maiden this Saturday in London and I really cannot wait any longer. Bonus points for the daytime where I'm to meet up with a girl who I've been speaking to on the internet for the last few months. It should be a good day. Anything else metal related? Well, I picked up Iced Earth's self-titled and Horror Show the other day. It's amazing how long I've known this band and yet I still need to acquire the rest of their works. I'm only missing Dark Saga at this point so I should make the effort to finish off the collection of Iced Earth albums.

Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-01 16:24:15 Reply

At 8/1/13 03:02 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: I said usually!

I see....well Kylesa is a good band.
I still need to listen to Ultraviolet though....

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
TheDaemonicPoet
TheDaemonicPoet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-01 16:47:03 Reply

At 8/1/13 03:44 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: I wouldn't say Epica is like that. I know AniMetal would firmly disagree with you. Epica is a rather creative band, and even if Simone is rather beautiful, Epica as been around way before it became a gimmick to have popstars singing in your "metal". I was thinking more about titscore like In This Moment or heavy pop like Amaranthe. Nothing except the movie Avatar yells the word cashgrab louder than these shitty bands.

I just hate them all haha, they don't fit my taste, and I can't stand Epica specifically, I understand what you're saying though. But I don't know, I feel like I have a natural misogyny for women in metal, I also can't stand Arch Enemy, even though Angela's growls all the time, it makes my dick retract I don't enjoy that feeling haha.

There are some themes and feelings I don't want singers to inflict in me, and those are: whining, thus my hate for Epica and such, bullshit badassery and non-sense, thus my hate for some metalcore acts and most Djent, fairy tales and fabulousness, therefore and heretically I'm not a fan of most traditional heavy/doom/power metal and sexual harassment, and that's why I dislike Type-O-Negative. ;_;

Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-02 01:38:41 Reply

At 8/1/13 04:47 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: I just hate them all haha, they don't fit my taste, and I can't stand Epica specifically, I understand what you're saying though. But I don't know, I feel like I have a natural misogyny for women in metal, I also can't stand Arch Enemy, even though Angela's growls all the time, it makes my dick retract I don't enjoy that feeling haha.

Well... don't go for bands with female vocalists then. But there are great female musicians, though. Wata for Boris is one of my all time favorites.

There are some themes and feelings I don't want singers to inflict in me, and those are: whining, thus my hate for Epica and such, bullshit badassery and non-sense, thus my hate for some metalcore acts and most Djent, fairy tales and fabulousness, therefore and heretically I'm not a fan of most traditional heavy/doom/power metal and sexual harassment, and that's why I dislike Type-O-Negative. ;_;

I don't understand the "sexual harassment" part...

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-02 01:43:56 Reply

At 8/1/13 04:23 PM, FromADistance wrote: Sorry man, my activity on NG these days really reeks. Wednesdays are generally busy days for me but enough of me excusing my inactivity. I'm seeing Iron Maiden this Saturday in London and I really cannot wait any longer. Bonus points for the daytime where I'm to meet up with a girl who I've been speaking to on the internet for the last few months. It should be a good day. Anything else metal related? Well, I picked up Iced Earth's self-titled and Horror Show the other day. It's amazing how long I've known this band and yet I still need to acquire the rest of their works. I'm only missing Dark Saga at this point so I should make the effort to finish off the collection of Iced Earth albums.

I just feel that you're an important part of the Metal Hell :)

Talking about Maiden, it's pretty cool that you are going to see them live! Do you know if they play anything from their first two albums? I know they still play Phantom Of The Opera from time to time, but I don't know about all the other tracks.

I'm asking this because I really fell in love with the first album. I think it's the best Iron Maiden album by far. It's very different though, so it's hard to compare. I just like the general flow of the album and every single track is great, as with the Dickinson albums, we have some classic and memorable tracks and not so memorable tracks on the same album. I wouldn't give on Be Quick Or Be Dead, The Trooper, Aces High, Fear Of The Dark, Afraid To Shoot Strangers, 2 Minutes To Midnight or any other of the classics. But the first full-length with Di'Anno is a fucking masterpiece from the first second to the last.

Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-02 01:52:17 Reply

Anyone here listen to Камни?

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
TheDaemonicPoet
TheDaemonicPoet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-02 06:48:16 Reply

At 8/2/13 01:38 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: I don't understand the "sexual harassment" part...

It's simple, whenever I hear Peter's masculine voice I feel like he's trying to hit on me, and that's not pleasurable haha

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-02 07:53:20 Reply

At 8/2/13 01:43 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: I just feel that you're an important part of the Metal Hell :)

I have been here for a long time now but I feel most of my activities on this site as a whole have burned out. You'll see me more on social network websites than on here...

Talking about Maiden, it's pretty cool that you are going to see them live! Do you know if they play anything from their first two albums? I know they still play Phantom Of The Opera from time to time, but I don't know about all the other tracks.

They always play the song Iron Maiden, ALWAYS! I'm hoping they'll play Phantom of the Opera but I doubt they will. The Maiden England World Tour is based on the live album of the same name so if that setlist is anything to go by, I expect more of Seventh Son and Somewhere in Time but perhaps a non-Di'Anno era song or two apart from Iron Maiden will make it.

I'm asking this because I really fell in love with the first album. I think it's the best Iron Maiden album by far.

It's definitely one of their finest for sure. Even now I still have a hard time between the debut album, The Number of the Beast and Powerslave. That's always been one of my metal dilemmas. I could never live without one of them.

ElGhoulio
ElGhoulio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-02 10:43:37 Reply

At 8/2/13 01:38 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 8/1/13 04:47 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: I just hate them all haha, they don't fit my taste, and I can't stand Epica specifically, I understand what you're saying though. But I don't know, I feel like I have a natural misogyny for women in metal, I also can't stand Arch Enemy, even though Angela's growls all the time, it makes my dick retract I don't enjoy that feeling haha.
Well... don't go for bands with female vocalists then. But there are great female musicians, though. Wata for Boris is one of my all time favorites.

Melissa hates female singers too. She doesn't mind them if they're not singing, but her attitude?

"Real women metalheads are shy and just as socially awkward as male metalheads. If you see some bimbo fronting a "metal" band wearing tight leather and revealing cleavage, she's just doing it because she knows guys are gonna fall over themselves to be with her. I don't like attention whores"

I don't mind female vocalists (if you're a good singer, you're a good singer) and I feel this view is a bit harsh, especially since a lot of female singers in metal are actually quite fat, like Annlouice Loegdland from DSO. Still, she's got an amazing voice and that's really all I care about -- the music.

I don't understand the "sexual harassment"

I think he's referring to Peter Steele's habit for writing slightly misogynistic lyrics, and for the tendency of women to fall over themselves to fuck him.

Just guessing. Still, it's obvious english ain't your first language, Daemonic Poet, so I'm extending some forgiveness for a non-sequitur or two. but forgive me if I interpreted your post wrong. I gotta agree with you, though, about the bullshit badassery, or as i like to call it, "tuff guy syndrome", which is why I hate most -core bands as well.

You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature
TheDaemonicPoet
TheDaemonicPoet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-02 13:29:21 Reply

At 8/2/13 10:43 AM, ElGhoulio wrote:
I think he's referring to Peter Steele's habit for writing slightly misogynistic lyrics, and for the tendency of women to fall over themselves to fuck him.

It's more because of his masculine voice, he always sounds like he's trying to hit on someone.

Just guessing. Still, it's obvious english ain't your first language, Daemonic Poet, so I'm extending some forgiveness for a non-sequitur or two. but forgive me if I interpreted your post wrong. I gotta agree with you, though, about the bullshit badassery, or as i like to call it, "tuff guy syndrome", which is why I hate most -core bands as well.

Yep, it isn't, though I'm able to understand and communicate with ease, I'm not really that fluent. I hope that with time I will get better at it, I don't really have the opportunity to practice that much outside school. And I must say, newgrounds helped me a lot. Also, you're right.

BBS Signature
ElGhoulio
ElGhoulio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-02 14:42:11 Reply

At 8/2/13 01:29 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote:
At 8/2/13 10:43 AM, ElGhoulio wrote:
It's more because of his masculine voice, he always sounds like he's trying to hit on someone.

Haha it sounds like he's trying too hard to lower his voice.

Yep, it isn't, though I'm able to understand and communicate with ease, I'm not really that fluent. I hope that with time I will get better at it, I don't really have the opportunity to practice that much outside school. And I must say, newgrounds helped me a lot. Also, you're right.

Your english is actually really good. There are occasional non-sequiturs, but that's usually because you use a word or phrase that, while in portuguese might've been appropriate, in english didn't quite translate. But that's not very often, and it happens whenever anyone learns a new language.

You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-02 15:10:09 Reply

At 8/2/13 07:53 AM, FromADistance wrote: I have been here for a long time now but I feel most of my activities on this site as a whole have burned out. You'll see me more on social network websites than on here...

Owh :( But this is the Metal Hell... You still have stuff to say about metal...

They always play the song Iron Maiden, ALWAYS! I'm hoping they'll play Phantom of the Opera but I doubt they will. The Maiden England World Tour is based on the live album of the same name so if that setlist is anything to go by, I expect more of Seventh Son and Somewhere in Time but perhaps a non-Di'Anno era song or two apart from Iron Maiden will make it.

Pretty cool. I still like how Di'Anno sings that song though. I've never felt Maiden's britain punk influences before listening to their self-titled albums and to Di'Anno's vocals. I really like them!

But seing them live will be awesome for you nonetheless. It will most likely be a great show :)

It's definitely one of their finest for sure. Even now I still have a hard time between the debut album, The Number of the Beast and Powerslave. That's always been one of my metal dilemmas. I could never live without one of them.

I understand for Powerslave, but what tracks on The Number of the Beast are THAT good?

At 8/2/13 10:43 AM, ElGhoulio wrote: "Real women metalheads are shy and just as socially awkward as male metalheads. If you see some bimbo fronting a "metal" band wearing tight leather and revealing cleavage, she's just doing it because she knows guys are gonna fall over themselves to be with her. I don't like attention whores"

I don't recognize myself in "shy and socially awkward". We have so many different and who distinguish themselves from each other. Metalheads aren't all the same. All crowds have specificities. I've been to black metal, power metal, thrash metal, death metal shows, and the crowds are all different and so are the musicians.

I hate attention-whoring in metal myself. I'd say bimbo frontwoman in metal bands do not fit with metal not because it's not socially awkward enough, but because it doesn't go with the spirit of metal. I think metal isn't about being commercial and gimmicky shit like this. And having such cashgrab formulas definitely goes against my views of what makes metal metal.

Haha! I don't know the band, that's why I was asking.

*cough* Pantera *cough*

TheDaemonicPoet
TheDaemonicPoet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-02 19:24:50 Reply

At 8/2/13 02:42 PM, ElGhoulio wrote: Haha it sounds like he's trying too hard to lower his voice.

He sounds like he's yawning actually, my girlfriends gets pissed off at me, because she loves Type-O-Negative and I keep telling her that, then I try to mimic him and she gets even more mad because she can't admit it, but he really does sounds like he's yawning words out of his mouth haha

Your english is actually really good. There are occasional non-sequiturs, but that's usually because you use a word or phrase that, while in portuguese might've been appropriate, in english didn't quite translate. But that's not very often, and it happens whenever anyone learns a new language.

Well thank you very much, that was quite cheering! And you're right, it's even worse in spanish, from which portuguese evolved, and even though those languages sound totally different in accent, my mother language always interferes, but that happens to the majority of portuguese trying to learn spanish, because a lot of words are wrote in the same way. Sometimes I even think that english is easier for me than spanish because there's not so much space to let my mother language interfere.

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-02 19:50:40 Reply

At 8/2/13 07:24 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: He sounds like he's yawning actually, my girlfriends gets pissed off at me, because she loves Type-O-Negative and I keep telling her that, then I try to mimic him and she gets even more mad because she can't admit it, but he really does sounds like he's yawning words out of his mouth haha

Ya know. I like Type O Negative and I kinda have to agree with this. He does sound like that at times...

also happy 7,000th post to me (*^3^)/~☆

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-02 21:13:00 Reply

Did I mention you guys that my girlfriend and I have just celebrated our fifth anniversary as a couple 2 days ago? I don't think I did! :)

Also, I'm going to see Sombres Forets tomorrow in Montreal. These guys haven't toured in 5 years! It's most likely going to be amazing, and I think they will be recording a DVD that night, so there is no way the sound won't be good.

Chasse-Galerie, Crepuscule and Thantifaxath will be the other bands on the show, while Sombres Forets will be the headliner.

Sombres Forets - Royaume de Glace
TheDaemonicPoet
TheDaemonicPoet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-02 22:25:30 Reply

At 8/2/13 03:10 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: I don't recognize myself in "shy and socially awkward". We have so many different and who distinguish themselves from each other. Metalheads aren't all the same. All crowds have specificities. I've been to black metal, power metal, thrash metal, death metal shows, and the crowds are all different and so are the musicians.

Well, I actually happen to be that shy and socially awkward guy, but it has nothing to do with metal, that's my personality since I've got myself one. Maybe I'm not really that socially awkward, I just really don't enjoy to meet new people, I prefer to stick with my good friends, and not everyone can deal with my special humor, but it has nothing to do with metal whatsoever, if I happened to be an outgoing person I'd love metal anyway.

*cough* Pantera *cough*

Aw man, I love Pantera, I must forgive their badassery ): Though I totally understand your point.

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-02 23:00:23 Reply

At 8/2/13 09:13 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Did I mention you guys that my girlfriend and I have just celebrated our fifth anniversary as a couple 2 days ago? I don't think I did! :)

Congratulations dude

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
ElGhoulio
ElGhoulio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-08-03 02:38:42 Reply

At 8/2/13 10:25 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote:
At 8/2/13 03:10 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: I don't recognize myself in "shy and socially awkward". We have so many different and who distinguish themselves from each other. Metalheads aren't all the same. All crowds have specificities. I've been to black metal, power metal, thrash metal, death metal shows, and the crowds are all different and so are the musicians.
Well, I actually happen to be that shy and socially awkward guy, but it has nothing to do with metal, that's my personality since I've got myself one. Maybe I'm not really that socially awkward, I just really don't enjoy to meet new people, I prefer to stick with my good friends, and not everyone can deal with my special humor, but it has nothing to do with metal whatsoever, if I happened to be an outgoing person I'd love metal anyway.

Eh Heavenduff actually unwittingly hit the nail on the head in his post on the matter. Attention whoring doesn't jibe with metal, period. And while I don't entirely agree with her (Melissa's) statement, I will say, though, that the amount of metalheads who were social butterflies in the turgid years of middle school and high school is quite low (I think that's late primary and secondary school for those not living in murka). So while all personalities do like metal, the ones that seem to identify with it most are most often outcasts at some point in their lives or have some odd social quirk.

*cough* Pantera *cough*
Aw man, I love Pantera, I must forgive their badassery ): Though I totally understand your point.

I like Pantera up to Cowboys From Hell. After that album they became terrible and forgot how to play their instruments

BBS Signature