Be a Supporter!

Metal Hell

  • 2,262,831 Views
  • 78,771 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-15 03:04:43 Reply

Oh, and I think I've hurt the feelings of Daniel Olaisen, who's the guitarist and founder of Blood Red Throne :'(
I think I should stop picking fight with my favorite musicians...

Metal Hell

megadudu
megadudu
  • Member since: Aug. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-15 11:29:07 Reply

At 4/15/04 08:28 PM, Goatchrist wrote: Welcome to the Metal hell :)

If you are into heavy metal, melodic metal or whatever, this is the club for you. Tell us your favourite bands and/ or songs and join the hell :)

Hey guys :D

i just had to post on this topic haha :)

im a huge lover of Metal and punk! I listen to mostly Deathcore, Metalcore, Melo- death metal and Thrash

Metal bands i love <3

-Suicide Silence
-Oceans Ate Alaska
-Trivium
-Attila
-Bullet for my Valentine
-Metallica
-Iron Maiden
-Judas Priest
-Motorhead
-Sabbeth
-Killswitch engage
- The Bled
- The Black Dahlia Murder
-Atreyu
-Avenged Sevenfold (Old)


BBS Signature
AllMightyBruce
AllMightyBruce
  • Member since: Nov. 14, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Audiophile
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-15 18:03:25 Reply

Hahaha, ha.

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-15 18:51:14 Reply

At 5/15/13 11:29 AM, megadudu wrote: im a huge lover of Metal and punk! I listen to mostly Deathcore, Metalcore, Melo- death metal and Thrash

Metal bands i love <3

-Metallica
-Iron Maiden
-Judas Priest
-Motorhead

These bands are metal, the others are mostly deathcore, metalcore, post-hardcore, etc. And this isn't really what we discuss around here. If you're still interrested to join, I think you might like some of the bands we discuss in the Metal Hell.

-Sabbeth

What's this band?

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-15 21:31:30 Reply

Black Thorns in the White Cube

"An exhibition of Black Metal artworks is a thorny occasion. Summoned by Amelia Ishmael, âEUoeBlack Thorns in the White CubeâEU is a traveling exhibition presenting a selection of photography, prints, drawings, and artist books by eight contemporary artists who are influenced by the heavy, dark, and mystic obscurity of Black Metal music. Based in the United States and Europe participating artists include Alexander Binder (Stuttgart, Germany), Vincent Como (Brooklyn), Terence Hannum (Baltimore), Karlynn Holland (Brooklyn), Elodie Lesourd (Paris, France), Aaron Metté (Brooklyn), Christophe Szpajdel (Exeter, U.K.), Grant Willing (Brooklyn), and Tereza Zelenkova (London, England). Engaging with the symbols, history, and myths of the Black Metal music subculture, their images explore haunted Germanic forests, descents into the void, visual translations of sonic experiences, ontologies of Black Metal band logos, and barren western landscapes. Together their artwork contributes to the discourse currently occurring in Black Metal theory, examines the innovations and significance of contemporary Black Metal visual art, and offers an account of its critical disruptions."

My girlfriend found out about this exposition and shared it with me. I thought it could be of some interest to you guys. In my opinion, this is one hell of a good idea for a project!

Stolen Babies - Push Button
TheDaemonicPoet
TheDaemonicPoet
  • Member since: May. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-16 11:07:59 Reply

I need more instrumental or not so much vocal-driven sludge/doom/stoner metal to listen to when I study, because voices distract me and melodic stuff too, and I already had too much Bongripper, Ufomammut, Lento, Sleep, Om, Eagle Twin and Pelican.


Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-16 11:40:15 Reply

At 5/16/13 11:07 AM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: I need more instrumental or not so much vocal-driven sludge/doom/stoner metal to listen to when I study, because voices distract me and melodic stuff too, and I already had too much Bongripper, Ufomammut, Lento, Sleep, Om, Eagle Twin and Pelican.

I'd suggest Karma To Burn but they're just Stoner Metal....
You could try Moss, Bong, Dark Buddha Rising though if you want.
Or maybe Samothrace. Though they're a weird Blues-based Stoner Doom Metal band.
\/This is their latest full album Reverence To Stone\/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-sTEPexBKw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Thl-Y8Tnkqo
That kind of stuff might not be exactly what you're looking for though....


Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-17 23:04:22 Reply

I was curious what everyone's opinion on Church Of Misery was.
I downloaded the rest of their discography not too long ago so thats why I'm bringing this up.

I only had their split with Sheavy, their split with Acrimony, Houses Of The Unholy, Master Of Brutality, and Live At Roadburn 2009.

Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
TheDaemonicPoet
TheDaemonicPoet
  • Member since: May. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-18 07:39:12 Reply

At 5/16/13 11:40 AM, Viper50 wrote:
I'd suggest Karma To Burn but they're just Stoner Metal....
You could try Moss, Bong, Dark Buddha Rising though if you want.
Or maybe Samothrace. Though they're a weird Blues-based Stoner Doom Metal band.
\/This is their latest full album Reverence To Stone\/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-sTEPexBKw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Thl-Y8Tnkqo
That kind of stuff might not be exactly what you're looking for though....

Yeah, I know Karma to Burn I just never had the opportunity to listen to it. I've also heard about Moss and Bong, I might check it out. And I think I've heard of Dark Buddha Rising, I'll give them a listen. And Samothrace is brutal! Never heard about them, very cool concept!


Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 40
Movie Buff
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-18 08:59:03 Reply

Good to see I'm not the only one who loves Ufomammut. Lucifer Songs and Snailking are amon the best atmospheric sludge albums ever.


sig by JaY11
Letterboxd
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
TheDaemonicPoet
TheDaemonicPoet
  • Member since: May. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-18 09:51:34 Reply

At 5/18/13 08:59 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Good to see I'm not the only one who loves Ufomammut. Lucifer Songs and Snailking are amon the best atmospheric sludge albums ever.

Ufomammut is made of pure divinity.


Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-18 11:52:03 Reply

I downloaded the new Queens Of The Stone Age album last night. Its fucking awesome!

At 5/18/13 07:39 AM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: Yeah, I know Karma to Burn I just never had the opportunity to listen to it. I've also heard about Moss and Bong, I might check it out. And I think I've heard of Dark Buddha Rising, I'll give them a listen.

Well good. I recommended bands to you that you already knew, hahaha.
I'm friends with the bassist from Dark Buddha Rising on last.fm.

And Samothrace is brutal! Never heard about them, very cool concept!

Indeed! I don't remember exactly how I heard of them. But I know its because I was reading some reviews on Metal-Archives a few days ago and saw someone mention that a band I listen to sounded mildly similar to them. So I decided to check them out.


Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-18 14:50:11 Reply

At 5/15/13 09:31 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Black Thorns in the White Cube

Can't believe you guys just don't give a fuck :'(

Centurion-Ryan
Centurion-Ryan
  • Member since: Feb. 19, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-18 15:08:30 Reply

At 5/18/13 02:50 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 5/15/13 09:31 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Black Thorns in the White Cube
Can't believe you guys just don't give a fuck :'(

I think it sounds bretty cool m8. Though it almost seems they're taking it a little too seriously.

Do we have any Stratovarius fans inna house? What did you guys think of Nemesis?


My PSN: Obilisk745
"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."
Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature
ElGhoulio
ElGhoulio
  • Member since: Aug. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-18 18:36:45 Reply

At 5/18/13 02:50 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 5/15/13 09:31 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Black Thorns in the White Cube
Can't believe you guys just don't give a fuck :'(

ElGhoulio: Not a known giver of fucks.


You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-18 19:35:50 Reply

At 5/18/13 02:50 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 5/15/13 09:31 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Black Thorns in the White Cube
Can't believe you guys just don't give a fuck :'(

to be honest I actually didn't even see that you said that....
Its actually kinda interesting sounding.


Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
kaeleb
kaeleb
  • Member since: Feb. 20, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-19 02:43:21 Reply

what I if told you, you read the first part of this reply wrong


DARK ANGEL

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-19 03:01:46 Reply

At 5/18/13 03:08 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: Do we have any Stratovarius fans inna house? What did you guys think of Nemesis?

This band still exists :O I'll actually have to give it a listen, but I really thought the band ended up splitting up after he departure of Tolki

TheDaemonicPoet
TheDaemonicPoet
  • Member since: May. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-19 12:00:50 Reply

I really need to show you guys this.

I don't know if you're aware that in Portugal we have a unique and traditional type of music called Fado. Well, this band managed to mix Metal and Fado, and this song is pretty damn solid!


Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-19 14:07:28 Reply

At 5/19/13 12:00 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: I really need to show you guys this.

I don't know if you're aware that in Portugal we have a unique and traditional type of music called Fado. Well, this band managed to mix Metal and Fado, and this song is pretty damn solid!

Whats the name of the instrument the person on the far left is playing?


Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
TheDaemonicPoet
TheDaemonicPoet
  • Member since: May. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-19 16:50:58 Reply

At 5/19/13 02:07 PM, Viper50 wrote: Whats the name of the instrument the person on the far left is playing?

It's a portuguese guitar.


Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-19 18:18:08 Reply

At 5/19/13 04:50 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote:
At 5/19/13 02:07 PM, Viper50 wrote: Whats the name of the instrument the person on the far left is playing?
It's a portuguese guitar.

Ah. Okay.
It looks weird to me ._.


Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
MrDaemon
MrDaemon
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-20 08:21:25 Reply

What is Metal Hell's opinion on this album?

I've been strokin my dick to it personally.

Metal Hell


BBS Signature
TheDaemonicPoet
TheDaemonicPoet
  • Member since: May. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-20 17:15:42 Reply

At 5/19/13 06:18 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 5/19/13 04:50 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote:
At 5/19/13 02:07 PM, Viper50 wrote: Whats the name of the instrument the person on the far left is playing?
It's a portuguese guitar.
Ah. Okay.
It looks weird to me ._.

It's mostly used in Fado par excellence, though Fado is known for its unique way of singing, very emotive, showing suffering, they abuse in vibratos. Nevertheless, I prefer instrumental fado haha, if you're interested you may check out artists like, Camane (Camané but I think the acute accent appears all fucked up), Amalia Rodrigues (Amália), Dulce Pontes, Carlos do Carmo... And for the master of instrumental Fado and portuguese guitar, Carlos Paredes.

It's one of the Masterpieces of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity also!


Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-20 17:42:29 Reply

At 5/20/13 05:15 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: It's mostly used in Fado par excellence, though Fado is known for its unique way of singing, very emotive, showing suffering, they abuse in vibratos. Nevertheless, I prefer instrumental fado haha, if you're interested you may check out artists like, Camane (CamanÃf© but I think the acute accent appears all fucked up), Amalia Rodrigues (AmÃf¡lia), Dulce Pontes, Carlos do Carmo... And for the master of instrumental Fado and portuguese guitar, Carlos Paredes.

It's one of the Masterpieces of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity also!

Hmm...I'll check some of that stuff out.
Though at the moment I still have quite a long list of bands and shit I need to check out as well.


Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
silverspecs
silverspecs
  • Member since: Jun. 12, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Artist
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-20 18:38:30 Reply

Hello Metal Hell! It's time I joined a group. I like the heavy metal genre but nothing darker/heavier than that (such as death metal). I hope you'll have me.

One of my favorites of all time: AC/DC - Highway to Hell

Metal Hell

Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-20 20:12:49 Reply

At 5/20/13 06:38 PM, silverspecks wrote: Hello Metal Hell! It's time I joined a group. I like the heavy metal genre but nothing darker/heavier than that (such as death metal). I hope you'll have me.

One of my favorites of all time: AC/DC - Highway to Hell

Can you give us a list of some of your favorite metal bands?


Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
silverspecs
silverspecs
  • Member since: Jun. 12, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Artist
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-20 20:48:52 Reply

At 5/20/13 08:12 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 5/20/13 06:38 PM, silverspecks wrote: Hello Metal Hell! It's time I joined a group. I like the heavy metal genre but nothing darker/heavier than that (such as death metal). I hope you'll have me.

One of my favorites of all time: AC/DC - Highway to Hell
Can you give us a list of some of your favorite metal bands?

AC/DC
Aerosmith
Black Sabbath
Guns n' Roses
Motley Crue

Gonna be honest. Some of these bands, I only like a few of their songs. I don't automatically like a band's every song because I got hooked on one in particular. AC/DC is the exception. I think I like EVERY ONE of their songs.

silverspecs
silverspecs
  • Member since: Jun. 12, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Artist
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-20 20:53:05 Reply

Also, I don't limit myself specifically to metal. I believe sticking with a single genre is a form of deprivation. I like other genres, rock&roll (especially metal) definitely wins out though.

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-21 00:03:20 Reply

At 5/20/13 08:48 PM, silverspecks wrote: AC/DC
Aerosmith
Black Sabbath
Guns n' Roses
Motley Crue

Out of these 5 bands, only Black Sabbath is a metal band. They've basically created the genre named doom metal. The four other bands are all hard rock bands. Are there any other metal bands you like?

If not, maybe you'd like Judas Priest, Edguy, Accept, Stratovarius or Anthrax.