00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Rage11603 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,051,698 Views | 77,359 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-19 02:43:21

what I if told you, you read the first part of this reply wrong

DARK ANGEL

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-19 03:01:46

At 5/18/13 03:08 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: Do we have any Stratovarius fans inna house? What did you guys think of Nemesis?

This band still exists :O I'll actually have to give it a listen, but I really thought the band ended up splitting up after he departure of Tolki

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-19 12:00:50

I really need to show you guys this.

I don't know if you're aware that in Portugal we have a unique and traditional type of music called Fado. Well, this band managed to mix Metal and Fado, and this song is pretty damn solid!

Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-19 14:07:28

At 5/19/13 12:00 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: I really need to show you guys this.

I don't know if you're aware that in Portugal we have a unique and traditional type of music called Fado. Well, this band managed to mix Metal and Fado, and this song is pretty damn solid!

Whats the name of the instrument the person on the far left is playing?

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-19 16:50:58

At 5/19/13 02:07 PM, Viper50 wrote: Whats the name of the instrument the person on the far left is playing?

It's a portuguese guitar.

Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-19 18:18:08

At 5/19/13 04:50 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote:
At 5/19/13 02:07 PM, Viper50 wrote: Whats the name of the instrument the person on the far left is playing?

Ah. Okay.
It looks weird to me ._.

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-20 08:21:25

What is Metal Hell's opinion on this album?

I've been strokin my dick to it personally.

Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-20 17:15:42

At 5/19/13 06:18 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 5/19/13 04:50 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote:
Ah. Okay.
It looks weird to me ._.

It's mostly used in Fado par excellence, though Fado is known for its unique way of singing, very emotive, showing suffering, they abuse in vibratos. Nevertheless, I prefer instrumental fado haha, if you're interested you may check out artists like, Camane (Camané but I think the acute accent appears all fucked up), Amalia Rodrigues (Amália), Dulce Pontes, Carlos do Carmo... And for the master of instrumental Fado and portuguese guitar, Carlos Paredes.

It's one of the Masterpieces of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity also!

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-20 17:42:29

At 5/20/13 05:15 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: It's mostly used in Fado par excellence, though Fado is known for its unique way of singing, very emotive, showing suffering, they abuse in vibratos. Nevertheless, I prefer instrumental fado haha, if you're interested you may check out artists like, Camane (CamanÃf© but I think the acute accent appears all fucked up), Amalia Rodrigues (AmÃf¡lia), Dulce Pontes, Carlos do Carmo... And for the master of instrumental Fado and portuguese guitar, Carlos Paredes.

It's one of the Masterpieces of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity also!

Hmm...I'll check some of that stuff out.
Though at the moment I still have quite a long list of bands and shit I need to check out as well.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-20 18:38:30

Hello Metal Hell! It's time I joined a group. I like the heavy metal genre but nothing darker/heavier than that (such as death metal). I hope you'll have me.

One of my favorites of all time: AC/DC - Highway to Hell

Metal Hell

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-20 20:12:49

At 5/20/13 06:38 PM, silverspecks wrote: Hello Metal Hell! It's time I joined a group. I like the heavy metal genre but nothing darker/heavier than that (such as death metal). I hope you'll have me.

Can you give us a list of some of your favorite metal bands?

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-20 20:48:52

At 5/20/13 08:12 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 5/20/13 06:38 PM, silverspecks wrote: Hello Metal Hell! It's time I joined a group. I like the heavy metal genre but nothing darker/heavier than that (such as death metal). I hope you'll have me.

Can you give us a list of some of your favorite metal bands?

AC/DC
Aerosmith
Black Sabbath
Guns n' Roses
Motley Crue

Gonna be honest. Some of these bands, I only like a few of their songs. I don't automatically like a band's every song because I got hooked on one in particular. AC/DC is the exception. I think I like EVERY ONE of their songs.

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-20 20:53:05

Also, I don't limit myself specifically to metal. I believe sticking with a single genre is a form of deprivation. I like other genres, rock&roll (especially metal) definitely wins out though.

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-21 00:03:20

At 5/20/13 08:48 PM, silverspecks wrote: AC/DC
Aerosmith
Black Sabbath
Guns n' Roses
Motley Crue

Out of these 5 bands, only Black Sabbath is a metal band. They've basically created the genre named doom metal. The four other bands are all hard rock bands. Are there any other metal bands you like?

If not, maybe you'd like Judas Priest, Edguy, Accept, Stratovarius or Anthrax.

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-21 00:27:20

At 5/21/13 12:03 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 5/20/13 08:48 PM, silverspecks wrote: AC/DC
Aerosmith
Black Sabbath
Guns n' Roses
Motley Crue
Out of these 5 bands, only Black Sabbath is a metal band. They've basically created the genre named doom metal. The four other bands are all hard rock bands. Are there any other metal bands you like?

If not, maybe you'd like Judas Priest, Edguy, Accept, Stratovarius or Anthrax.

I started getting into music pretty late and my library has been growing slowly so because I'm uneducated I'm not going to argue. I'll just say that I used various sites to confirm these bands were metal. To me, the metal sub-genre is a gray area that's not easily defined. I started checking out your recomendations... I've really been missing out. I'll report back later when I've had my fill.

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-21 00:48:29

At 5/21/13 12:27 AM, silverspecks wrote: I started getting into music pretty late and my library has been growing slowly so because I'm uneducated I'm not going to argue. I'll just say that I used various sites to confirm these bands were metal. To me, the metal sub-genre is a gray area that's not easily defined. I started checking out your recomendations... I've really been missing out. I'll report back later when I've had my fill.

Well, bands like AC/DC have had influence on metal (musicians like Dave Mustaine from Megadeth list them as an influence) but they are definitely hard rock bands. The riff structures, chord progresions, etc. all hard rock. Not that metal is easily defined, but these bands you've listed are commonly known as hard rock bands. And even in the genre, some bands have more in common with metal, such as UFO or Deep Purple.

A good metal website would be Metal ArchivesMetal Archives. I recommand visiting it sometime :)

Cloudkicker - Dysphoria

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-21 10:37:17

Blood Stain Child- Epsilon
Genre-Japanese Melo-death/trance elements

Opinions gentlemen?

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-21 10:49:34

Another of my favorites, Disarmonia Mundi-Mindtricks

I don't expect you to listen to it all, but pick out a random 10 min segment and I'd love to here opinions. (on both albums) two of my favorites. I can't stand just regular ol metal anymore, shit is boring as fuck.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-21 10:56:53

I realize at this point I'm triple fag posting. Last one I swear.

Mors Principium Est

If nothing else atleast I can listen to all three in one tab now. Anyways opinions encouraged blahblahblah

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-21 11:48:10

At 5/21/13 10:37 AM, Elixur wrote: Blood Stain Child- Epsilon

Opinions gentlemen?

I find myself unable to appreciate any japanese band, and it's not even racism, but all japanese music I've listened to just sounds so automatic and devoid of soul to me. I may like the melodies, but the way they're played is awfully soulless, even if you hadn't told us those guys were japanese, I would recognize the sound just for the lack of... humanity in it! It's like someone composed a song and asked robots to play it, but... it's in fact humans playing who sound like robots doing so. The only exception may be Sigh, not a great fan, but the little I've heard from them is actually very good.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-21 12:28:56

At 5/21/13 11:48 AM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: I find myself unable to appreciate any japanese band, and it's not even racism, but all japanese music I've listened to just sounds so automatic and devoid of soul to me. I may like the melodies, but the way they're played is awfully soulless, even if you hadn't told us those guys were japanese, I would recognize the sound just for the lack of... humanity in it! It's like someone composed a song and asked robots to play it, but... it's in fact humans playing who sound like robots doing so. The only exception may be Sigh, not a great fan, but the little I've heard from them is actually very good.

So you don't like Boris or Church Of Misery?

they were the first two Japanese bands that popped into my head.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-21 13:37:28

At 5/21/13 12:28 PM, Viper50 wrote: So you don't like Boris or Church Of Misery?

Well the first thing that comes to my mind when I think about japanese music is videogame music, j-rock, visual kei and stuff like that.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-21 15:04:28

At 5/21/13 01:37 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: Well the first thing that comes to my mind when I think about japanese music is videogame music, j-rock, visual kei and stuff like that.

Oh okay. I'm mildly okay with some j-rock, though I'm not the biggest fan of j-pop.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-21 17:35:27

At 5/21/13 10:37 AM, Elixur wrote: Blood Stain Child- Epsilon

Opinions gentlemen?

They've had good moments in their career. At some point, their music really had a good old-school InFlames feeling. But I can't say they've managed to do well with all of their releases.

At 5/21/13 10:49 AM, Elixur wrote: Another of my favorites, Disarmonia Mundi-Mindtricks

I don't expect you to listen to it all, but pick out a random 10 min segment and I'd love to here opinions. (on both albums) two of my favorites. I can't stand just regular ol metal anymore, shit is boring as fuck.

I've actually written a review for Metal Archives on one of their records. I haven't heard this particular album you've linked us to, but I think they are an interresting band. I gave the album Fragments of D-Generation a 73% score.

At 5/21/13 10:56 AM, Elixur wrote: I realize at this point I'm triple fag posting. Last one I swear.

Mors Principium Est

If nothing else atleast I can listen to all three in one tab now. Anyways opinions encouraged blahblahblah

When I encountered these guys, I was pretty much on the end of my melodic death metal years so I didn't pay much attention to what they did, as my interest shifted away from the genre. I recommend bands like Eternal Tears Of Sorrow or Dimension Zero if you like their music, though.

At 5/21/13 11:48 AM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: I find myself unable to appreciate any japanese band, and it's not even racism, but all japanese music I've listened to just sounds so automatic and devoid of soul to me. I may like the melodies, but the way they're played is awfully soulless, even if you hadn't told us those guys were japanese, I would recognize the sound just for the lack of... humanity in it! It's like someone composed a song and asked robots to play it, but... it's in fact humans playing who sound like robots doing so. The only exception may be Sigh, not a great fan, but the little I've heard from them is actually very good.

Quite a few Japanese bands stand out as amazing bands these days. And plenty have not only good music, but a dynasty. Boris is a prime example of geniuses of music. The three of them are outstanding musicians. I see you've also mentioned Sigh, which are another good example of how Japanese metal is absolutely amazing, creative, avant-gardist and killer. I've also recently stumbled upon a band that mixes funk, thrash metal, prog metal and experimental rock. The band is named Gargoyle, and if you look them up you'll realize these guys have also been around for ages!

At 5/21/13 01:37 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote:
At 5/21/13 12:28 PM, Viper50 wrote: So you don't like Boris or Church Of Misery?
Well the first thing that comes to my mind when I think about japanese music is videogame music, j-rock, visual kei and stuff like that.

Yeah, I feel you. J-rock and Visual Kei manages to feel painfuly mechanical sometimes, and the worst lies in J-Pop. Where... seriously... the more they try to sound emotional and deep... the more they sound like they are just mechanicaly using emotional hooks, cheap love references to catch the attention of unaware and easily manipulated by the pop industry. But that's just the way all pop sounds anyway... so why Japan more than any other country that produces lame-ass commercial capitalist pop crap?

Agalloch - Falling Snow

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-21 17:58:50

At 5/21/13 05:35 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Yeah, I feel you. J-rock and Visual Kei manages to feel painfuly mechanical sometimes, and the worst lies in J-Pop. Where... seriously... the more they try to sound emotional and deep... the more they sound like they are just mechanicaly using emotional hooks, cheap love references to catch the attention of unaware and easily manipulated by the pop industry. But that's just the way all pop sounds anyway... so why Japan more than any other country that produces lame-ass commercial capitalist pop crap?

Agalloch - Falling Snow

It's like they're forcing their music to sound like typical western music, and they fail so much doing so. I mean, as you said pop music is just ridiculous, it doesn't matter where, but when it comes to j-pop, it's über-ridiculous. And what saddens me is that they have an amazing folklore, and they don't take advantage from it as they should, in my opinion of course.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-21 18:38:30

On a completely different subject, I'm going to see Kvelertak tonight :)

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-21 18:52:08

At 5/21/13 06:38 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: On a completely different subject, I'm going to see Kvelertak tonight :)

You just reminded me of something.
My sister is planning on getting tickets to see Alice Cooper (and Marilyn manson but whatever) for my dad for Father's Day.
And I'm supposed to ask my brother if he wants to go too because if not then it'd just be me, my sister, and my dad going.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-22 03:57:42

I appreciate the reply and suggestions HeavenDuff, if you have any other Melo-death suggestions I'd love to hear it or from anyone for that matter. Probably my favorite metal genre, I really enjoy heavy guitar work with one dude growlin/screamin or w/e with heavy vocals then another dude/chick singing soft chorus.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-22 08:29:22

Been listening to MachineHead-The Blackening today.

Probably their best album imo. Anyone know any albums with a similar sound?

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-05-22 16:11:33

At 5/22/13 03:57 AM, Elixur wrote: I appreciate the reply and suggestions HeavenDuff, if you have any other Melo-death suggestions I'd love to hear it or from anyone for that matter. Probably my favorite metal genre, I really enjoy heavy guitar work with one dude growlin/screamin or w/e with heavy vocals then another dude/chick singing soft chorus.

Oh, and you liked the bands I recommended? Well, try Nightrage then. Descent Into Chaos, Sweet Vengeance and A New Disease Is Born are albums you should like.