00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dunso just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,038,874 Views | 77,354 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2011-10-03 21:56:59

I just stumbled upon this. It's called "When James LaBrie gets an iPod"

I don't get it.

Metal Hell

Response to Metal Hell 2011-10-03 22:00:54

At 10/3/11 09:56 PM, hitman1993 wrote: I just stumbled upon this. It's called "When James LaBrie gets an iPod"

I don't get it.

Never mind. Ignore these posts.

Response to Metal Hell 2011-10-03 22:01:01

At 10/3/11 09:56 PM, hitman1993 wrote: I just stumbled upon this. It's called "When James LaBrie gets an iPod"

I don't get it.

I don't know. Maybe this is some actual footage of James LaBrie going nuts on stage or whatever, and someone might have thought it would be funny to make a gif of it. Made me giggle :P

Response to Metal Hell 2011-10-04 07:49:43

The Hunter has Ponos' seal of approval which to me is a good sign, even if my tastes aren't 100% alike to his.

At 10/3/11 11:29 PM, batman64 wrote: Also, as a bonus I updated it on Metal Archives today as well, added All the lyrics so everyone can read along while listening.

That reminds me, I actually have some albums I own that have yet to have lyrics added. I even uploaded the lyrics for the new Manilla Road album. I should get more done but I find myself focused on other things.

Response to Metal Hell 2011-10-04 21:14:40

Guys, I'm in sort of a dilemma here. I'm not getting any girls with my long hair, so I want to cut it. However, I feel like listening to metal won't be the same without it. wat do

Nile - Lashed to the Slave Stick

Response to Metal Hell 2011-10-04 21:17:55

At 10/4/11 09:14 PM, mothballs wrote: Guys, I'm in sort of a dilemma here. I'm not getting any girls with my long hair, so I want to cut it. However, I feel like listening to metal won't be the same without it. wat do

The length of you hair has nothing to do with how you enjoy metal, don't fool yourself into thinking it does. Cut the hair. A friend of mine, who is a huge metalhead, had long hair for years. He cut it really short and he's still a huge metalhead. Cut the hair. I have short hair and I'm a huge metalhead. My friends have short hair and they're huge metalheads. Cut the hair.

Response to Metal Hell 2011-10-04 21:40:25

At 10/4/11 09:14 PM, mothballs wrote: Guys, I'm in sort of a dilemma here. I'm not getting any girls with my long hair, so I want to cut it. However, I feel like listening to metal won't be the same without it. wat do

Hair and metal appreciation are irrelevant (though headbanging is a little less fun). Unless you intend on wedding someone, don't make long-term sacrifices on short-term women. If they won't take you as you are, then they aren't for you. Unless you really crave sex that bad, that is.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2011-10-04 22:10:01

Before you decide to cut your hair, think about how much more toolish you'll look without it.

I shaved my head once, EVERYONE hated it. Even people who I never talked to and/or assumed would've found me unattractive were all just like "Dude, you looked so good before, why?"

Just something to think about. Just cause you don't have two babes on your lap doesn't mean you don't look good.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2011-10-05 00:42:15

At 10/4/11 09:14 PM, mothballs wrote: Guys, I'm in sort of a dilemma here. I'm not getting any girls with my long hair, so I want to cut it.

Cutting your hair to get girls is stupid. Don't do it. Most girls like long hair on guys. Look somewhere else.

Response to Metal Hell 2011-10-05 01:25:52

Don't listen to much metal to be honest, but I'm really diggin' Maximum the Hormone. Guys should check them out.

Even though they're foreign.

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2011-10-05 04:19:47

At 10/5/11 01:25 AM, Ryanson wrote: Even though they're foreign.

Only the white man can make metal.

Response to Metal Hell 2011-10-05 04:24:17

I recently cut my hair down from 2 feet to a few inches, not for the girls just because it was more convenient. You shouldn't really be deciding to cut your hair based on girls or metal, those are both massively toolish things to do. If you want to cut it, cut it because you want to, not for some bitches. If you dont want to cut it, it should be because you like it long, not because its so mehtulz.

Response to Metal Hell 2011-10-05 08:19:17

At 10/5/11 01:25 AM, Ryanson wrote: Don't listen to much metal to be honest, but I'm really diggin' Maximum the Hormone. Guys should check them out.

Even though they're foreign.

Not really a metal band, more like a combination of metal, punk, pop, rap, and some other genres. I really like them though.

Response to Metal Hell 2011-10-05 09:43:28

At 10/4/11 10:10 PM, AniMetal wrote: Before you decide to cut your hair, think about how much more toolish you'll look without it.

And this is why I refuse to have short hair. I look fucking horrible with that small amount of hair. I'm having to tell my parents to back off with what I want my appearance to look like. I shouldn't have to change my hair just because of someone (unless it was a small tidy up for it).

Response to Metal Hell 2011-10-05 11:00:24

I have super long past my nipple length hair. And I've been doing a lot of kissing today. My girl just plays with it and lets me fuck her constantly :)

At 10/5/11 04:19 AM, AllMightyBruce wrote:
Only the white man can make metal.

What cunt just cos I'm black, I'm a true yamaji noungar dawg cunt slut I'll slap your cunt in with my goon bag you big white dawg slut, check out my band Petrol Powered Goon Bag Holocaust you fuckin' racist white dog. You can't escape the black justice.

We don't do break downs, all we do is break ins.

Today I took LSD, had sex, went skateboarding, played guitar for hours, smoked weed, cigarettes, drank beers, shredded stoner metal with my drummer, had sex again. Ate some pussy. I love that shit. Mmmmmmmmm :D

Metal Hell.

Pill pop a dope a well run general hash pump a gonna led.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2011-10-05 11:35:06

At 10/5/11 11:00 AM, PenisClown wrote: We don't do break downs, all we do is break ins.

I want to be friends with a black guy and get him into metal just so I can give him a shirt that says that.

Response to Metal Hell 2011-10-05 15:58:12

You guys are awesome :) Thanks for the answers. People wonder about why I look the way I look, but it's because of the metal. I wouldn't feel like myself and metal wouldn't sound the same without my hair.

Anyway, Moonspell. How good do you guys consider this band, on a scale from 1-10? I'll go with a 7.

Response to Metal Hell 2011-10-05 20:01:29

At 10/5/11 03:58 PM, mothballs wrote: You guys are awesome :) Thanks for the answers. People wonder about why I look the way I look, but it's because of the metal. I wouldn't feel like myself and metal wouldn't sound the same without my hair.

Anyway, Moonspell. How good do you guys consider this band, on a scale from 1-10? I'll go with a 7.

Lucky you, you can actually grow long hair. Mine just looks like a really shitty fro. It poofs out and looks ridiculous, so I keep it short. For Moonspell, depends on the album, but on the whole I'll give em a 7.5~8 our of 10. Just depending on how I feel at the moment.

Godzilla Film Fan Club

Proud Demon residing in the METAL HELL!

Lay down your soul for the god's rock n' roll!

Response to Metal Hell 2011-10-05 21:17:45

At 10/5/11 08:01 PM, Zodir wrote: Lucky you, you can actually grow long hair. Mine just looks like a really shitty fro. It poofs out and looks ridiculous, so I keep it short.

ahh. Well don't worry man, short hair has its advantages.

For Moonspell, depends on the album, but on the whole I'll give em a 7.5~8 our of 10. Just depending on how I feel at the moment.

Yeah. I've been listening to a very select few of their songs, all from the same album. What are your favorite albums? I could do with some recommendations.

Response to Metal Hell 2011-10-05 22:16:20

At 10/5/11 09:17 PM, mothballs wrote:
At 10/5/11 08:01 PM, Zodir wrote: For Moonspell, depends on the album, but on the whole I'll give em a 7.5~8 our of 10. Just depending on how I feel at the moment.
Yeah. I've been listening to a very select few of their songs, all from the same album. What are your favorite albums? I could do with some recommendations.

Hmmm...well Wolfheart is great. I suggest the songs Vampiria, Wolfshade, and An Erotic Alchemy. The Antidote is great too, I really like the title track. I haven't heard a lot of their new album, but from what I've heard I've enjoyed.

Godzilla Film Fan Club

Proud Demon residing in the METAL HELL!

Lay down your soul for the god's rock n' roll!

Response to Metal Hell 2011-10-05 22:41:14

I recently got an haircut myself. Went from shoulder lenght, to a lenght that is a little below my ears. I have curly-hair and I must say that will the previous lenght, it was getting ugly. Not that I can't take care of my hair, but anyone who had long and curly hair knows that one day it can look great and the other, you might aswell just put a dead skunk on your head and it will be better than your hair.

With the lenght I have now, I feel very comfortable and I like the look I have. I guess it fits my personnality and look better anyway, so it's not bad.

Metalz now... I listenned to the new Mastodon album, and after just one listen, I can tell I'm liking it. But also, even if I didn't quite like it back when I discovered it, I'm starting to like Crack The Skie more and more. Back then, I thought all the tracks very pretty "ok", but I loved Oblivion. I still love it but I'm getting more and more into tracks like The Czar and Ghost Of Karelia.

It's sad that they didn't write any other tracks that sounded like Oblivion, though. I thought the track was a masterpiece and that they could have pushed a little more toward that sound, at least for a few tracks.

If These Trees Could Talk - Deus Ex Machina

Response to Metal Hell 2011-10-05 23:45:56

At 10/5/11 08:19 AM, DeIirium wrote: Not really a metal band, more like a combination of metal, punk, pop, rap, and some other genres. I really like them though.

Oh yeah, the one who I assume is technically "lead" vocalist can rap and scream. At the same time. He can sound hilarious, or hardcore.

But yeah, they're still metal enough to count lol.

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2011-10-06 07:58:00

At 10/5/11 10:41 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: I'm starting to like Crack The Skie more and more. Back then, I thought all the tracks very pretty "ok", but I loved Oblivion. I still love it but I'm getting more and more into tracks like The Czar and Ghost Of Karelia.

I'll be going through all the Mastodon albums except for Remission which I've still yet to obtain but I'm hoping I can appreciate Crack the Skye more. I still keep trying even 2 years after getting it. I've given The Hunter more spins and it's still a great experience.

Response to Metal Hell 2011-10-06 15:12:37

I just stumbled across this. This is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time. An actual recording of a Metallica concert in Paris in 2004 where James Hetfield forgets the fucking words to Ride The Lightning. I have been laughing for hours about this.

Response to Metal Hell 2011-10-06 16:37:05

At 10/5/11 10:41 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: lenght, to a lenght lenght,

With the lenght

This bugged me. * length.

Also I don't know if this has been posted in here yet, but I recently bookmarked it and have been meaning to show it.

Boop.

And as I've been advertising them in here for a while now, I might be starting a death metal band with some guys soon. I'll be sure to say whether or not it kicks off.

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner

GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2011-10-06 18:15:16

At 10/6/11 04:37 PM, TheSporkLord wrote:
At 10/5/11 10:41 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Boop.

From that I found this.

Boop Boop

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.

Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2011-10-06 20:41:26

One of my cats is dying....slowly. fucking sad. She's oozing some..stuff out of her eyes and bleeding from her mouth. She's breathing strangely and she can hardly walk.

But now for better news. I might get to see Black Tusk and Thou next month at the Loft in Poughkeepsie. I recently became friends with the bassist from one of the bands that is playing that night and he might be able to get me a ride. He showed me some stuff from his band, too, and they're good. They have a pretty groovy, stonerish sound. If I get to go, I'm hitting the bar to make the music sound even better to my ears. By the way, if you guys haven't heard of Black Tusk or Thou, check 'em out.

At 9/29/11 07:39 PM, Anti-pie wrote: Oh yeah Batman64 I submitted my review to the archives. Just gotta wait.

Just to let you know, they discourage track-by-track reviews, though I've still seen some like that accepted.

At 9/30/11 03:24 AM, batman64 wrote: And before I forget, has anyone heard from Bahamut, Goat, Ghoul, Nev, Sam, or any of the old members?

Dude, Bahamut has been posting constantly. But the rest, no. That would be cool if they came back.

Congrats on the band, by the way. And good luck with the label.

At 9/30/11 07:34 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Well, that might just be a sign that I should give it a try. Cause I also thought there was something missing on Crack the Skye, while generaly liking the riffing, atmosphere and energy of the band.

Really? Crack the Skye is one of my favorite albums, as well as Blood Mountain. Leviathan, though, I wasn't that into, though it was pretty good.

At 9/30/11 09:13 PM, Zodir wrote: So yesterday for school, we had to dress up based on music for homecoming week. The Senior theme was rock. So I went as King Diamond. Twas pretty fucking awesome with all the face paint. Unfortunately, a lot of people thought I was KISS. Oh well, you can't win them all.

hah. I went as King Diamond to a show that was supposed to be Halloween themed where people were supposed to wear costumes. The same thing happened to me. They thought I was supposed to be a Kiss member. I was going as the suit and top hat version of King Diamond and the dude who picked me up to go to the show said I looked like I was celebrating Dia de los Muertos.

At 10/1/11 01:55 AM, batman64 wrote: Also, I think I remember back to when you first joined and far as I know you have been around a long time so yeah, guess you are an old timer LOL.

Hey, I've been coming here a long time, too, and Bruce has been around even longer. Smeagol's been around for a while, too. And I wonder what happened with Oppugnant and Goryblizzard. They came by a short while ago and then they were gone again.

At 10/2/11 03:24 PM, batman64 wrote: WTF?

Newgrounds doesn't tolerate a lot of characters. I remember trying to post Negura Bunget's name with the correct characters and it looked like my keyboard had a stroke.

lolwut

At 10/5/11 11:45 PM, Ryanson wrote: But yeah, they're still metal enough to count lol.

Nope, but that doesn't mean they're bad.

At 10/6/11 04:37 PM, TheSporkLord wrote: Boop.

hah

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2011-10-07 02:12:03

Announced today.

And yes, I know most of it is shit, and there's not much metal, blah blah, etc. but this is basically as metal as a festival will ever get for Australia.

Definitely dragging myself down to this;

SOUNDWAVE 2012

Image for those who CBF reading

SYSTEM OF A DOWN
SLIPKNOT
LIMP BIZKIT
MARYLIN MANSON
HOLE
A DAY TO REMEMBER
MACHINE HEAD
LAMB OF GOD
TRIVIUM
ALTER BRIDGE
LOSTPROPHETS
ANGELS & AIRWAVES
COBRA STARSHIP
THE USED
YOU ME AT SIX
DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT
UNWRITTEN LAW
COAL CHAMBER
DASHBOARD CONFESSIONAL
THURSDAY
FOREVER THE SICKEST KIDS
RAISED FIST
DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN
ZAKK WYLDE'S BLACK LABEL SOCIETY
MASTODON
UNDEROATH
SAVES THE DAY
CIRCA SURVIVE
STEEL PANTHER
JACK'S MANNEQUIN
MESHUGGAH
THE SISTERS OF MERCY
ENTER SHIKARI
FOUR YEAR STRONG
BLACK VEIL BRIDES
MADINA LAKE
ZEBRAHEAD
HATEBREED
BIOHAZARD
TIMES OF GRACE
CKY
STREET DOGS
DRAGONFORCE
GOJIRA
KVELERTAK
LETLIVE
HELLYEAH
CRO-MAGS
THE CAB
RELIENT K
VERSA EMERGE
HEROES FOR HIRE
KILL HANNAH
THE DANGEROUS SUMMER
CHIMAIRA
FRAMING HANLEY
WATAIN
ROYAL REPUBLIC
I AM THE AVALANCHE
TURISAS
RIVER CITY EXTENSION

Response to Metal Hell 2011-10-07 03:13:32

At 10/6/11 07:58 AM, Bahamut wrote: I'll be going through all the Mastodon albums except for Remission which I've still yet to obtain but I'm hoping I can appreciate Crack the Skye more. I still keep trying even 2 years after getting it. I've given The Hunter more spins and it's still a great experience.

Good luck, then. I hope you find what you are looking for.

At 10/6/11 04:37 PM, TheSporkLord wrote: This bugged me. * length.

Désolé de pas parler ta langue aussi bien que tu le voudrais. Moi, au moins je fais un effort.

At 10/6/11 08:41 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Really? Crack the Skye is one of my favorite albums, as well as Blood Mountain. Leviathan, though, I wasn't that into, though it was pretty good.

I'm liking it more and more now :)

At 10/7/11 02:12 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: Announced today.

And yes, I know most of it is shit, and there's not much metal, blah blah, etc. but this is basically as metal as a festival will ever get for Australia.

There is a lot of shit on that gig for sure. But these four bands:

Devin Townsend Project
Mastodon
Gojira
Kvelertak

They are well worth it :)

How much would a ticket cost? And do you get to see all the bands or do they play on different dates? I guess this is somewhat like the shitty Heavy MTL we have here in Montreal. Plenty of bands playing on different stages at the same time, you have to pick the ones you want to see. I say that if you get to see at least 4 or 5 bands you like, it's a good deal.

Response to Metal Hell 2011-10-07 09:27:05

At 10/7/11 03:13 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: There is a lot of shit on that gig for sure. But these four bands:

Devin Townsend Project
Mastodon
Gojira
Kvelertak

They are well worth it :)

Agreed, they're on my 'must see' list.

How much would a ticket cost?

They're expected to be around the $150-$170 mark, I think. Still worth it, in my opinion (it's very rare that we ever get such a decent enough lineup come down this way).

I guess this is somewhat like the shitty Heavy MTL we have here in Montreal. Plenty of bands playing on different stages at the same time, you have to pick the ones you want to see.

Exactly like that :( I really hope many of the bands I want to see don't end up clashing on the day.