00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,057,595 Views | 77,360 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2011-09-09 15:20:23

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2011-09-09 15:31:14

At 9/9/11 03:20 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: hei guiz a nu nickleback album is comin out i am definately gunna pick it up becuz dey are so hrdcore nd stuff

Devin Townsend was influenced by Nickelback for his album Ki.

Response to Metal Hell 2011-09-09 20:04:34

At 9/9/11 03:31 PM, DeIirium wrote: Devin Townsend was influenced by Nickelback for his album Ki.

And? Dave Mustaine was influenced by AC/DC. I love Megadeth and I think AC/DC sucks :)

Response to Metal Hell 2011-09-09 21:33:29

At 9/9/11 09:00 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 9/8/11 03:41 PM, AniMetal wrote:
At 9/8/11 08:03 AM, Bahamut wrote: Endgame is easily the best modern Megadeth album.
That isn't saying much. Only the first six Megadeth albums are TRULY worth listening to.
I'd say Endgame was on par with Youthanasia. Does that sound good to you?

I actually prefer Endgame over Youthanasia and Countdown to Extinction. I just feel like it is a more cohesive album as a whole and it has some of their thrashiest stuff ever. Just listen to the massive shredfest that is Head Crusher!

Godzilla Film Fan Club

Proud Demon residing in the METAL HELL!

Lay down your soul for the god's rock n' roll!

Response to Metal Hell 2011-09-10 05:18:01

For those of you who still haven't listenned to it yet, you need to check out the album Métal Noir Québécois. It's a great Black Metal record by a band from my homeland :) Those of you who understand french will like it even more; the lyrics and folklore are quite important when it comes to understanding where this band is coming from and where they are going. Those of you who already know something about our history, you know there always was a lot of tension between the French Canadians and English Canadians. I'm not here to give you an history class, but the guys from Forteresse write music highly influenced by the confrontations between who we call "the patriots", who fought for our rights and freedom, and the british empire. Pride and honour are central themes on this record. I highly recommand you guys pick this one up. Not only the lyrics are great, but the song-writting is fantastic and it will blow your mind away. Black Metal fans will love this.

Link to their Metal Archives page

And here is a link to their track "Une nuit pour la patrie".à

Enjoy!

Forteresse - La Flamme Et Le Lys

Response to Metal Hell 2011-09-10 06:03:39

At 9/9/11 03:20 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: hei guiz a nu nickleback album is comin out i am definately gunna pick it up becuz dey are so hrdcore nd stuff

Thanks for making me aware of it. I didn't even know he had an album coming out this year.

At 9/9/11 09:33 PM, Zodir wrote: I actually prefer Endgame over Youthanasia and Countdown to Extinction. I just feel like it is a more cohesive album as a whole and it has some of their thrashiest stuff ever. Just listen to the massive shredfest that is Head Crusher!

I'm not denying its greatness. However, putting it above Countdown to Extinction? I actually understand you but I wouldn't go that far.

At 9/10/11 02:19 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: Yip - Epicus Doomicus Metalicus. £1 in a charity shop with a bonus live disc.

That is fucking awesome!

Response to Metal Hell 2011-09-10 07:43:27

At 9/8/11 10:26 PM, Zodir wrote: I have every Voivod album. I just feel like the first five are the best to get people started with. I agree that the first 7 are probably some of the best albums ever made, and their new stuff is pretty good too.

I have the first nine or ten Voivod albums and have heard a few songs from post-those.

I just generally think their first seven are masterpieces and after that they just don't really have it anymore. haha

The only Annihilator album I don't like is Metal. That album is all kinds of awful.

I like every Annihilator album up to Criteria For A Black Widow. haha

I swear, if you don't like Porcupine Tree, you don't like music. They are so varied that there has to be at least one song you like by them. I would argue that PT is probably the greatest modern prog band. Or one of the best prog bands ever.

Agreed!

At 9/9/11 09:00 AM, Bahamut wrote: I'd say Endgame was on par with Youthanasia. Does that sound good to you?

No, that sounds fucking awful to me. Especially considering Youthanasia is my second favorite Megadeth album, behind R.I.P., and I hated Endgame.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2011-09-10 15:17:23

Samples from the new Animals as Leaders album, Weightless.

Response to Metal Hell 2011-09-10 16:38:31

At 9/10/11 03:17 PM, SomaGuye wrote: Samples from the new Animals as Leaders album, Weightless.

Oh tits just noticed that was my 4000th post, well there's a missed opportunity.

Response to Metal Hell 2011-09-10 17:37:54

At 9/10/11 04:38 PM, SomaGuye wrote:
At 9/10/11 03:17 PM, SomaGuye wrote: Samples from the new Animals as Leaders album, Weightless.
Oh tits just noticed that was my 4000th post, well there's a missed opportunity.

It was well spent.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2011-09-11 08:38:33

At 9/10/11 07:43 AM, AniMetal wrote:
At 9/8/11 10:26 PM, Zodir wrote: I have every Voivod album. I just feel like the first five are the best to get people started with. I agree that the first 7 are probably some of the best albums ever made, and their new stuff is pretty good too.
I have the first nine or ten Voivod albums and have heard a few songs from post-those.

I just generally think their first seven are masterpieces and after that they just don't really have it anymore. haha

ELECTRIC SHOCK THROUGH YOU! ELECTRIC SHOCK THROUGH YOU! I'm sorry, I just love that insane music video. I've even got one expression from Snake as my Steam avatar.

At 9/9/11 09:00 AM, Bahamut wrote: I'd say Endgame was on par with Youthanasia. Does that sound good to you?
No, that sounds fucking awful to me. Especially considering Youthanasia is my second favorite Megadeth album, behind R.I.P., and I hated Endgame.

Well, I'm not going to argue about Youthanasia. There's a few fillers but Endgame has just as much. I find them to be equal value to each other.

Response to Metal Hell 2011-09-11 16:14:21

Was my post just ignored or did you guys read it and didn't answer it?

I hope a few of you guys listen to the band Forteresse though. I'd like it if I could spread the word for such a great band :) and get them a large fanbase !

Through The Eyes Of The Dead - Truest Shade Of Crimson

Response to Metal Hell 2011-09-11 16:37:58

At 9/11/11 04:14 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Was my post just ignored or did you guys read it and didn't answer it?

I ignored it because I hate you.

lol but seriously I don't have much time for new music these days it is a sad truth that I'm hoping will change after I move out.

Response to Metal Hell 2011-09-11 17:55:32

Got my Darkthrone- A Blaze In The North Sky CD the other day!!! :D <3

Enter Thy Metal Hell

www.infowars.com Because There Is A War On For Your Mind.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2011-09-11 19:32:24

Picked up Fleshgod Apocalypse- Agony, Kamelot- Ghost Opera, Motorhead -ace of spades, Carcass- Symphonies of sickness, and Vital Remains -Dechristianize.

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.

Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2011-09-12 03:51:34

Response to Metal Hell 2011-09-12 06:44:17

At 9/11/11 05:55 PM, smeagol1 wrote: Got my Darkthrone- A Blaze In The North Sky CD the other day!!! :D <3

I hear it was your birthday yesterday. Hopefully you enjoyed your day. :)

At 9/11/11 07:32 PM, Anti-pie wrote: Carcass- Symphonies of sickness

Speaking of Carcass, they are this week's Monday Metal Treasures feature. I know it's only Heartwork but it's all I've heard from them and I wanted to mention them somewhere. Still, I really should check out their other stuff.

Response to Metal Hell 2011-09-12 11:42:25

At 9/10/11 05:18 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: you need to check out the album Métal Noir Québécois. It's a great Black Metal record by a band from my homeland :) I highly recommand you guys pick this one up. Not only the lyrics are great, but the song-writting is fantastic and it will blow your mind away. Black Metal fans will love this.

Instantly disregard because it's from your homesland :)

Speaking of Carcass, isn't it gay how a totally brutal band would eventually go commercial for tha big bucks and inspire the shittest music in the world, emo/metalcore. See, us stoner metallers are grim and trve kvlt, we don't do that.

I'm an important person and my life is greater than all of yours.

Metal Hell.

Pill pop a dope a well run general hash pump a gonna led.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2011-09-12 12:24:43

Wolves in the Throne Room are finishing after this last record, I can say without a doubt that if you have yet to see them you NEED to get on it this time before they're gone forever. They really have an incredible live atmosphere and it's one of the best experiences I've ever had.

Response to Metal Hell 2011-09-12 13:50:30

At 9/11/11 07:32 PM, Anti-pie wrote: Picked up Fleshgod Apocalypse- Agony, Kamelot- Ghost Opera, Motorhead -ace of spades, Carcass- Symphonies of sickness, and Vital Remains -Dechristianize.

Good choices, bro.

Also, my iPod's spellchecker automatically puts the umlaut in Motörhead. How cool is that? :P

It's the little things.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2011-09-12 17:55:48

At 9/12/11 11:42 AM, PenisClown wrote: Instantly disregard because it's from your homesland :)

You're going to be on the loosing end, then. I remember that you really like Bergtatt and Nattens Madrigal by Ulver, let's just say that Métal Noir Québécois by Forteresse, is somewhat of a mix of both. Remember I didn't say it was the same, but they share some similarities.

At 9/12/11 12:24 PM, SomaGuye wrote: Wolves in the Throne Room are finishing after this last record, I can say without a doubt that if you have yet to see them you NEED to get on it this time before they're gone forever. They really have an incredible live atmosphere and it's one of the best experiences I've ever had.

SERIOUS-FUCKING-LY ?!? I hate you! I hate them! I just missed them when they played in Montreal on September 8th, it was sold out and there was only something like 250 tickets... Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck!!!

Response to Metal Hell 2011-09-12 20:06:33

I love all Carcass.

I wouldn't say they directly influenced metalcore. But the bands they influenced(Arch Enemy, Children Of Boredom, Amon Amarth, In Flames, Soilwork, etc.) DID influence metalcore.

At 9/12/11 05:55 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 9/12/11 12:24 PM, SomaGuye wrote: Wolves in the Throne Room are finishing after this last record, I can say without a doubt that if you have yet to see them you NEED to get on it this time before they're gone forever. They really have an incredible live atmosphere and it's one of the best experiences I've ever had.
SERIOUS-FUCKING-LY ?!? I hate you! I hate them! I just missed them when they played in Montreal on September 8th, it was sold out and there was only something like 250 tickets... Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck!!!

Fuck.

They just played, literally, a show in a barn in Vermont for like 5 bucks only a week ago because I didn't want to make the roadtrip. If I had known, I easily would've gone. Ah well. :/

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2011-09-12 20:20:17

I anyone going to the Decapitated show on october 1st?

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2011-09-12 20:41:44

At 9/12/11 11:42 AM, PenisClown wrote: Carcass
inspire
emo

haha, what

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2011-09-12 22:20:38

At 9/12/11 08:41 PM, Tobi wrote:
At 9/12/11 11:42 AM, PenisClown wrote: Carcass
inspire
emo
haha, what

A large amount of metalcore is inspired by later Carcass.

Response to Metal Hell 2011-09-12 23:14:49

At 9/12/11 08:20 PM, TruBluFoxx wrote: I anyone going to the Decapitated show on october 1st?

No, cause I don't live in Richmond, Virginia. But maybe I will when they get to Montreal on October 26th :)

Response to Metal Hell 2011-09-12 23:22:38

At 9/12/11 11:14 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 9/12/11 08:20 PM, TruBluFoxx wrote: I anyone going to the Decapitated show on october 1st?
No, cause I don't live in Richmond, Virginia. But maybe I will when they get to Montreal on October 26th :)

No matter where, that show is gonna be sick!!! It will be my first deathmetal show, and im gonna see my favorite band play with one of my favorite drummers...and on that note let's take a knee for Vitek, we'll miss ya buddy (R.I.P)

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2011-09-13 01:07:52

So lately I've been listenning to Vegard Sverre Tveitan aka Ihsahn's different projects. I started by listenning to the album angL he recorded under the name Ihsahn. I loved it, this project is impressive. Everything about it is wonderful :) So I went on and listenned to some more of his stuff. The next album was the album After. And album he still recorded under the name Ihsahn. Finally, I listenned to the album Lost in Reverie. He recorded this album with the band Peccatum, which is a project he started with his wife and his wife's brother. I have to say, that this Peccatum album, is absolutely fantastic, I think that I like it even better than any of the albums he released with his solo project.

This album is so dark, so progy, so creative... it's unbelievable. Ihsahn does a great job, but his wife has nothing to envy from him, she does an excellent job two. The music is hard to describe. There are noticeable Black Metal influences, while the Progressive Rock and Progressice Metal elements are quite importants two.... There are some very ambient parts, with very little to no instrumentation, then heavy riffs. Both Ihsahn and Ihriel do the vocals on the record. The female vocals are great, and Ihsahn can do a great job with the growls, screams and clean vocals. Bottom line, the album is great, listen to it :)

Metal Hell

Response to Metal Hell 2011-09-13 01:46:39

At 9/9/11 09:00 AM, Bahamut wrote: I actually like this. Definitely... riffy.

Hell yeah. Sacrilege had some of the best riffs in thrash.

Since you're here right now, I have a question to ask regarding Dark Quarterer. I enjoyed their debut album but I'm not sure which album of theirs to get from the other four. Do you know which ones are worth picking up?

Their second album is alright. Might be worth checking out. I don't know about the rest.

At 9/12/11 11:42 AM, PenisClown wrote: Speaking of Carcass, isn't it gay how a totally brutal band would eventually go commercial for tha big bucks and inspire the shittest music in the world, emo/metalcore.

Actually, first off. They didn't inspire it. Most metalcore bands don't even know who Carcass is. That would be the Gothenburg melodic death metal scene that inspired them. The biggest culprit for influencing them is Slaughter of the Soul. Fucking pile of shit. Plus, they only started moving toward that sound after their second guitarist joined. He would later go on to form Arch Enemy. So I'm sure we can all blame him.

Second, metalcore is not emo. That would be like calling Job For a Cowboy death metal. Plus, the term emo referred to the more emotional punk bands of the 80s (AKA around the same time Carcass formed) and then awesome bands like Cap'n Jazz. It was later hijacked by MTV and related media in the 00s. Don't be like MTV.

That being said, I love Carcass.

Response to Metal Hell 2011-09-13 06:44:13

At 9/13/11 01:07 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: stuff

Ihsahn has been one of my fav's lately. I'm very convinced Ihsahn is the master of black metal. He's written some of the best BM riffs ever, knows about theory, is one of the best keyboardists of the genre, and never got into that church burning shit. One of musical role models.

Also it's good to see Dalnaki, the most orthodox of the bunch here, actually knows what emo is. Emo =/= Metal in any right. At least metalcore is metal influenced, if not bordering metal as a whole.

Cap n' Jazz is awesome.

BBS Signature