New Topic Respond to this Topic
SomaGuye
SomaGuye
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-14 17:04:15 Reply

At 3/14/11 04:23 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: So there is some Sludge Doom in there, along with some Stoner Doom, Drone Doom and Death Doom. Any kind of recommandation linked to these genres would be higly appreciated. I already know of Boris, Reverend Bizarre, Warning, Minsk, Ascend and Earth. Soooo, no need to list these.

Whenever I see Minsk I always think of Bossk as well, so that would be one. If you're looking for some Funeral Doom you should check out some Ahab, their album The Divinity of Oceans is brilliant, one particular song that always crushes me is the title track, just beastly.

Another band you might not know of is Black Cobra, they're a 2 piece but make an absolutely huge sound. A good album to start with would be Bestial, which also has my favourite songs by them on it, Omniscient and Sugar Water. I saw them live supporting Weedeater and they crushed me.

That's also another band if you haven't heard them already, Weedeater, who have a new album coming out some time soon I think, but in the mean time you should check out God Luck and Good Speed.

AniMetal
AniMetal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-14 18:11:04 Reply

At 3/14/11 05:04 PM, SomaGuye wrote: Weedeater, God Luck and Good Speed.

I second both these bands.

At 3/14/11 04:23 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: You seem to believe that your own tastes represent the ideal of good metal music. A thing you should know, is that everybody in the Metal Hell enjoys some of the mainstream metal and some of the underground metal. And I know that we all have our own "favorite bands we like to hate". I don't like Slayer, I know Nev doesn't like Wintersun, and Dalnaki doesn't like Death. You are the CoB hater. Does that mean that they are atrocious? No. Does that mean that only "mainstream metal kids" like them? Of course not. I still enjoy my CoB stuff every once in a while, and I know that my metal tastes are not limited to a few bands or a few metal genres.

My taste is universal law.

Nah in all seriousness I was talking about how JUST because we'd like to think metalheads all have GREAT taste, their are people who:
A.) Just listen to a genre or two. Like thrash/oldschool death metal elitists, black metal elitists, melodic death metal elitists, power metal elitists, etc.
B.) Only listen to the popular bands, and don't bother spending their time looking into metal bands that aren't selling out 1000+ capacity venues.
C.) Knows a ton of bands, but only really knows a few songs by each - but decides to go to concerts all the time and stuff for no apparent reason. (There's a lot of these kids in my area of the country, but I don't mind - it means more people at concerts giving bands money)

I wasn't passing judgment on anyone or anything. But COB and their fans, fuck that shit. They're the only band I truly dislike with a passion.

Even brokeNCYDE I at least get a good laugh out of.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature
TheDaemonicPoet
TheDaemonicPoet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-14 18:35:20 Reply

At 3/14/11 04:23 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 3/14/11 06:34 AM, AniMetal wrote: You give metalheads too much credit.

Most "metalheads" either only like the mainstream bands(I use mainstream loosely, even bands like Edguy are mainstream) OR limit themselves to only a certain genre or two and don't look beyond that.
You seem to believe that your own tastes represent the ideal of good metal music.

This! Damn dude, taste in music is subjective, quality may not, but taste is.

A thing you should know, is that everybody in the Metal Hell enjoys some of the mainstream metal and some of the underground metal.

Yeah, as if only listening to underground stuff makes you more trve and kvlt and as if being trve and kvlt was important. Who cares if you're trve and kvlt, there's nothing more important than having pleasure with what you're listening too, whether it's mainstream or underground.

And I know that we all have our own "favorite bands we like to hate". I don't like Slayer,

Lol, I also can't stand Slayer, not saying they don't have some good songs, but for me it all sounds like "shred kerry king shred faster". It lacks of feeling for me.

I still enjoy my CoB stuff every once in a while, and I know that my metal tastes are not limited to a few bands or a few metal genres.

Yeah the problem is the extreme generalization of the fans and putting everyone in the same bag, I love COB, but I listen to almost everything in Metal, if not everything. I may not like a band but I don't really hate any band, and I can't see no point in hating a band, and building an argument expressing my hate against a band, it's useless, a total waste of time, time you could use listening to a band you like. And just because someone is obsessed with a band, that doesn't mean they may not like any other band and be totally closed-minded, in my case I'm obsessed with Insomnium. And I can give you an example of a guy I know, the dude is totally obsessed with COB, he even asked Alexi to accept him as a son on facebook (well that was a little bit silly lol), but he and his band, Scarscythe, played a cover in one concert, and it was not COB, it was Hypocrisy.

Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Movie Buff
Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-14 19:12:01 Reply

At 3/12/11 06:01 PM, Oliver wrote: I've completely fallen out of metal lately and I've been listening to trip-hop, house and dubstep.

I love trip hop. The only dubstep I know and like is some of Breakage's dubstep tracks, though.

Can anyone recommend me some good ol' Sludge or Prog metal?

and stoner, I'm guessing.

This is for you, too, Duff, since you asked, also.

Lesbian
Keelhaul
Rwake
Acid Bath
Kongh
Mammatus
Asteroid
Spirit Caravan
Melvins
Orange Goblin
Behold! the Monolith
Dragonauta
Sons of Otis
Zebulon Pike
Psychotic Waltz
Pain of Salvation
Queensryche
Apokatastasia
Gonin-Ish
Gordian Knot
Planet X

and more doom just for Duff:

Pentagram
Trouble
Yearning
St. Vitus

And there's a newer band called Black Math Horseman that seems good. I'll listen to their album and give my final judgement later. I've had it for a while but never got around to it.

At 3/12/11 08:07 PM, AniMetal wrote: Made Out Of Babies

I thought I was the only one who's listened to them.

At 3/13/11 10:39 PM, TheThinWhale wrote: Mastodon
Kyelsa
Baroness
Priestess
Bison B.C.
etc.
Is anyone else starting to notice a trend here in the sounds of these somewhat new bands?

I'm noticing a rise in the popularity of the sort of sound, but it's been around a while. It's cool that the stoner and sludge type stuff is getting more attention.

At 3/14/11 06:34 AM, AniMetal wrote: Also funny thing you guys are bashing on them

nah, just Dal.

sig by JaY11
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-14 19:58:25 Reply

At 3/14/11 06:35 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: This! Damn dude, taste in music is subjective, quality may not, but taste is.

Not exactly what I said :P

Yeah, as if only listening to underground stuff makes you more trve and kvlt and as if being trve and kvlt was important. Who cares if you're trve and kvlt, there's nothing more important than having pleasure with what you're listening too, whether it's mainstream or underground.

AniMetal is not the kind of guy who listens to underground stuff only. That's also not exactly what I meant. Cause it is true that there are kids who have no kind of musical knowledge amons metalheads. They do exist. Mostly CoB fans, Maiden fans... You know... Bands who are too big commercialy, and who get a shitload of diehard fanboys who cannot appreciate anything else...

Yeah the problem is the extreme generalization of the fans and putting everyone in the same bag, I love COB, but I listen to almost everything in Metal, if not everything. I may not like a band but I don't really hate any band, and I can't see no point in hating a band, and building an argument expressing my hate against a band, it's useless, a total waste of time, time you could use listening to a band you like. And just because someone is obsessed with a band, that doesn't mean they may not like any other band and be totally closed-minded, in my case I'm obsessed with Insomnium. And I can give you an example of a guy I know, the dude is totally obsessed with COB, he even asked Alexi to accept him as a son on facebook (well that was a little bit silly lol), but he and his band, Scarscythe, played a cover in one concert, and it was not COB, it was Hypocrisy.

There is not much bands I hate in Metal, but Groove Metal, as a whole... sucks balls !!!

At 3/14/11 07:12 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Pentagram
Trouble
Yearning
St. Vitus

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-15 09:32:46 Reply

Here's a fun challenge: Find the silliest metal music video out there. To make the challenge even better, try to avoid mentioning Immortal.

My find is Hell's On Earth As It Is In Hell. 50 year old rockers with the worst and most laughable makeup you could ever imagine. Do they want to be taken seriously ro what?

TheDaemonicPoet
TheDaemonicPoet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-15 11:55:21 Reply

Mustaine awesomeness at 1:35

Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature
TheDaemonicPoet
TheDaemonicPoet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-15 14:09:34 Reply

At 3/15/11 09:32 AM, Bahamut wrote: Here's a fun challenge: Find the silliest metal music video out there. To make the challenge even better, try to avoid mentioning Immortal.

I found this.

BBS Signature
AniMetal
AniMetal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-15 14:42:27 Reply

I'm seeing Apocalyptica tonight! Epic shit.

At 3/15/11 11:55 AM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: Mustaine awesomeness at 1:35

Haha I lol'd.

At 3/15/11 09:32 AM, Bahamut wrote: Here's a fun challenge: Find the silliest metal music video out there. To make the challenge even better, try to avoid mentioning Immortal.

I don't need to find some uber obscure band to win this, hands down.

Actually fuck it, any helloween music video wins.

At 3/14/11 07:12 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: St. Vitus

Someone recommend me some albums of there's, I still need to check them out.

At 3/12/11 08:07 PM, AniMetal wrote: Made Out Of Babies
I thought I was the only one who's listened to them.

Nah man, I love them.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Movie Buff
Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-15 15:23:29 Reply

as awesome as the song is....

sig by JaY11
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
Centurion-Ryan
Centurion-Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-15 20:05:09 Reply

Dem effects.

My PSN: Obilisk745
"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."
Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature
JaY11
JaY11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-15 20:42:20 Reply

One of you guys likes Blood Red Throne right? Well they're playing right near me for a measly £10 so I might go and see them.

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-16 00:28:56 Reply

At 3/15/11 08:42 PM, JaY11 wrote: One of you guys likes Blood Red Throne right? Well they're playing right near me for a measly £10 so I might go and see them.

I love their music. I missed them the last time they came around with Dimmu Borgir and Enslaved.

At 3/15/11 03:23 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:

Great :)

But I have to add this one

If anyone could find that awesome black metal video, in which there is a bunch of guys playing their instruments in the woods. but when the vocalist is not singing, he just like, wait there with an axe and a grim face. That was just great. Gotta find this one back !!!

smeagol1
smeagol1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-16 01:44:44 Reply

My Burzum shirt finally came yesterday!!! :D

Enter Thy Metal Hell

www.infowars.com Because There Is A War On For Your Mind.

BBS Signature
K2LU
K2LU
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-16 07:52:59 Reply

At 3/15/11 02:09 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote:
I found this.

They must've used Google Translate to translate that first part into Norwegian. That was awful.

K2LU
K2LU
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-16 08:09:55 Reply

I always thought this one was stupid.

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-16 10:24:08 Reply

At 3/15/11 08:05 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: Dem effects.

lol, I wasn't expecting to see some tits there. An NSFW tag would have helped.

At 3/16/11 12:28 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: But I have to add this one

I'd say this one wins out of all of your entries. I can take their music seriously but not when Messiah is acting all drunk. This is what I'd be like if I was drunk and singing Candlemass' Bewitched.

CapnCrunchDaPimp
CapnCrunchDaPimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-16 10:25:11 Reply

At 3/16/11 01:44 AM, smeagol1 wrote: My Burzum shirt finally came yesterday!!! :D

Awesome bro. Enjoy it and be krieg and such.

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-16 12:04:34 Reply

I believe it was Duff who mentioned Falkenbach here and I'd like to thank him for bringing it up to me. I listened to Heralding - The Fireblade and it's a great album.

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-16 14:20:47 Reply

At 3/16/11 12:04 PM, Bahamut wrote: I believe it was Duff who mentioned Falkenbach here and I'd like to thank him for bringing it up to me. I listened to Heralding - The Fireblade and it's a great album.

Might be... I don't rememer :P

At 3/16/11 10:24 AM, Bahamut wrote: I'd say this one wins out of all of your entries. I can take their music seriously but not when Messiah is acting all drunk. This is what I'd be like if I was drunk and singing Candlemass' Bewitched.

Haha!

"Take my hand!!! And undestand!!! That no one will ever see you again!!!"

Even the lyrics are kind of cheesy... but the worst really is the behavior of the vocalist. It's an awesome video, nonetheless

TheDaemonicPoet
TheDaemonicPoet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-16 17:28:12 Reply

At 3/16/11 12:28 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:
Great :)

But I have to add this one

That's not silly, that's fucking epic.

YOU AAARE BEWIIIIITCHED!

BBS Signature
TheThinWhale
TheThinWhale
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-16 20:09:51 Reply

Entombed-I for an Eye.

It makes no sense and you think something is going to happen but it doesn't, it's just kids riding bikes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkpZ1tPCS J4

Rooty-the-Pie
Rooty-the-Pie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Audiophile
Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-16 20:29:50 Reply

Hey guys, long time no see. Listening to Soilworker's Song Of The Damned reminded me of this place. :)

Help, I'm trapped inside this guy's signature!

Anti-pie
Anti-pie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-17 00:20:07 Reply

Please tell me I'm not the only one who LOOOOOOOOOOVES the intro of open casket by death. The 35 seconds of the song just make me want to go insane in a mosh pit and head bang like a mother fucker. Death - Open Casket For those who don't know it theres the link.

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.
Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature
smeagol1
smeagol1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-17 01:45:49 Reply

King Diamonds health update. yay!!!

Enter Thy Metal Hell

www.infowars.com Because There Is A War On For Your Mind.

BBS Signature
ZpLiNtEh
ZpLiNtEh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-17 06:46:51 Reply

At 3/17/11 12:20 AM, Anti-pie wrote: Please tell me I'm not the only one who LOOOOOOOOOOVES the intro of open casket by death. The 35 seconds of the song just make me want to go insane in a mosh pit and head bang like a mother fucker. Death - Open Casket For those who don't know it theres the link.

It's sexy.

I just remembered I was going to buy another band shirt yesterday from the only shop in my city that sells them, and even though 99% of it is full of insanely generic emo scenekid drop dead bollocks, it actually had some awesome shirts like Municipal Waste, Death, Aborted and The Black Dahia Murder, I wanted the MW shirt but it was only in large and I aint no fat motherfucker. psh.

Picked up a flyer for the Lazarus A.D show here in Norwich soon, can't fuckin wait, I'm just gonna get really fuckin drunk and mosh hard, my first thrash band live y'see.

Acid Bath - Dr. Seuss Is Dead

I love metal like crackheads love anal. and crack.

CapnCrunchDaPimp
CapnCrunchDaPimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-17 08:16:07 Reply

At 3/17/11 12:20 AM, Anti-pie wrote: Please tell me I'm not the only one who LOOOOOOOOOOVES the intro of open casket by death. The 35 seconds of the song just make me want to go insane in a mosh pit and head bang like a mother fucker. Death - Open Casket For those who don't know it theres the link.

Death has great riffs. Leprosy is my favorite Death album by far. Pull The Plug was usually their encore song and has an awesome riff.

AllMightyBruce
AllMightyBruce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Audiophile
Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-17 09:40:45 Reply

Well. I'm going to drink like a motherfucker tonight. Good day to you all.

Centurion-Ryan
Centurion-Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-17 12:08:31 Reply

Lá Fhéile Pádraig Sona Daoibh, a Chairde!

My PSN: Obilisk745
"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."
Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature
JaY11
JaY11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2011-03-17 13:56:02 Reply

Anyone here heard of the Japanese death metal band Vortex? They're severely underrated and I love them.