mothballs
mothballs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to Metal Hell 2010-02-19 23:52:55 Reply

At 2/19/10 07:39 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: black metal or sbm? listlol

Yeah, I meant SBM, I wasn't being clear enough, but thanks a lot. I'm really enjoying Abigail Williams.

I think instead of finding new bands when I'm running out of music, i'll just check out more albums on the current bands that I'm listening to.

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Audiophile
Response to Metal Hell 2010-02-20 05:59:08 Reply

At 2/19/10 02:20 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: Which shall now be known as the 'Bahamut Post'.

I'm glad to have some recognition around here for my quality posts. :)

At 2/19/10 07:39 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: black metal or sbm?

Speaking of symphonic black metal, I decided to get Dimmu Borgir's Enthrone Darkness Triumphant on CD so I'll be getting it in a few days time. Feel free to hate me all you want.

[ BBS Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

AniMetal
AniMetal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2010-02-20 15:05:21 Reply

At 2/20/10 05:59 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 2/19/10 02:20 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: Which shall now be known as the 'Bahamut Post'.
I'm glad to have some recognition around here for my quality posts. :)

You should be modzeeeeeeeeeerz.

At 2/19/10 07:39 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: And you simply cannot compare Under Reprisal to Come Clarity or A Sense Of Purpose. In Flames have gone core in the worst possible way and Threat Signal are one of the rare bands to make good core.

I'm not comparing bands, i'm comparing the fan bases.

The fact that he failed with pop bands isn't making power metal less pop sounding.
I remember the time in high school when I could ear stupid bitches complainning about how metal was agressive and bad. But when I would ask if they like Stratovarius they would all go "Yeah they are very good!!"

Yeah, I call bullshit.

There is no way in hell they know who stratovarius is.

I think that Power Metal is the most commercial metal genre.

Melodic Death Metal, dur.

I know a fuckload of people who hate power metal even more than the harsher metal genres.

Which is not making them less good or less innovative. In fact I like power metal, but I just see them as easy-listenning metal.

Easy listening metal is an oxymoron.

The metal opera albums were far more mainstream than the scarecrow.
How is that?

Just generic dragonforce, hammerfall, etc. style.

They use such generic and stereotypical guitar riffs, sounds, etc.

The Scarecrow is pretty much the same... I mean... Alice Cooper, Kamelot's vocalist... that girl in "What kind of love", Michael Kiske.

The musicians don't affect the kind of music.

This = / = this.

The metal opera albums are boring and generic.

Scarecrow is interesting and innovative.

The Scarecrow at least tries to be meaningful.
I really like The Scarecrow, but you should go read some of the reviews about it on Metal-Archives. Not everybody seems to find "meaning" in the work of Tobias Sammet.

I never understood why the metal community love the MO's but hates the scarecrow, the ladder is sooooooo much better.

Are you kidding? If you don't shit on who you were years ago you'll never grow.
So everytime you look back you think: "What a fucking douche I was!"

Not so much "Douche" but more "Idiot"

I won't diss all the bands that got me first into metal... Kalmah, Slipknot, CoB.

Even though they are pure shit?

Disturbed was one of the bands that got me into metal, I openly admit they are god awful today.

If I don't like a band anymore i'm not going to say "Well they got me into good bands, so kudos to them!"

My little brother listens to Fred Penner, he's not going to say in 10 years "BOY I DON'T LIKE HIM ANYMORE, BUT I STILL RESPECT FRED PENNER FOR MAKING LITTLE KID MUSIC WITH NO MEANING"

Even for a power fag? :P

I know more power metal bands that I do bands of any other genre, but that doesn't change the fact I like other genres more these days.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2010-02-20 15:53:36 Reply

At 2/19/10 11:52 PM, mothballs wrote:
I think instead of finding new bands when I'm running out of music, i'll just check out more albums on the current bands that I'm listening to.

You should really check out the bands that I have listed though...
Cast Into Fields of Evil Pleasure by Illnath(illnath) is pretty much one of the best SBM albums I've ever heard. In The Shadow Of A Thousand Suns by Abigail Williams is another very good album you should check out.

At 2/20/10 05:59 AM, Bahamut wrote:
Speaking of symphonic black metal, I decided to get Dimmu Borgir's Enthrone Darkness Triumphant on CD so I'll be getting it in a few days time. Feel free to hate me all you want.

This band had a few good moments, really. They are not the best, but hey! They are in Hellboy's soundtrack, how much more mainstream can you get? :)

At 2/20/10 03:05 PM, AniMetal wrote:
I'm not comparing bands, i'm comparing the fan bases.

I can't see myself as an exception...
I hate In Flames new albums and love Threat Signal's first...

There is no way in hell they know who stratovarius is.

Yeah, I fucking swear. There was this girl I went to High School with and a guy I worked with at the grocery store who just wasn't into metal at all, but he knew Stratovarius and told me he really liked Millenium and shits.

I know a fuckload of people who hate power metal even more than the harsher metal genres.

Biggest reason being that they don't like the vocals. Because power metal is veryyyyy melodic, it has very simple song structures (almost poppish), Radio-friendly vocals and all that kind of stuff.

Which is not making them less good or less innovative. In fact I like power metal, but I just see them as easy-listenning metal.
Easy listening metal is an oxymoron.

Hell no!

Agalloch, Edguy, Avantasia, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Symphony X, Sonata Arctica, Dream Theater, Helloween, Mago De Oz, Nightwish, Kamelot, Katatonia, Liquid Tension Experiment, Jacobs Dream, Allen-Lande, Altaria, Voyager and I can't be bothered to list more bands event though there is a shitload of bands that I would consider easy liustenin metal...
Not easy for the un-educated pop fans and their limited comprehension of arts. But I have a few friends who are not into metal and they still like bands from this list

The musicians don't affect the kind of music.
The metal opera albums are boring and generic.
Scarecrow is interesting and innovative.

I know about all this. But even if Metal Opera sounds more generic for the power metal scene, The Scarecrow sounds very pop.

Not so much "Douche" but more "Idiot"

I don't care about the insult used. The fact stands... you are dissing what you once was.

I won't diss all the bands that got me first into metal... Kalmah, Slipknot, CoB.
Even though they are pure shit?

They are not pure shit. Kalmah and CoB are still amongs the bands I like to listen to. And Slipknot, if Corey Taylor was not such a pretenious hypocritical bitch, would be a better band.
And shit or not, they are what got me first into metal. I know that if my first contacts with metal would have been Ulver and Benighted, I'm quite sure that I wouldn't have traded my Sum 41 albums for Bergtatt and Insane Cephalic Production. Slipknot was like an "in-between" a bridge between popular music and metal.

Disturbed was one of the bands that got me into metal, I openly admit they are god awful today.

Disturbed... shit? Can't see what's so bad about them. Ten Thousand First was a good album. They may not be truezzz but they still write good alternative metal stuff.

LaggingOut
LaggingOut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2010-02-20 20:54:09 Reply

At 2/20/10 06:54 PM, MudkipsPiano wrote: Hey guys, imagine how funny it would be if Corey Taylor got cancer?

Haha lol.

Anyway...Finally one of my favorite band will come in Quebec: Rammstein! I know that a lot of people doesn't like them or doesn't consider them as a metal band but the old stuff was nice. Rosenrot CD was 'a major pain in the ass'' for my ears.

Hey the guys, I would like to know: which artist has the nicest corpse paint???
Stian Thoresen- as known as Shagrath from the band Dimmu Borgir

The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without. ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2010-02-20 21:14:15 Reply

At 2/20/10 08:54 PM, LaggingOut wrote:
Hey the guys, I would like to know: which artist has the nicest corpse paint???
Stian Thoresen- as known as Shagrath from the band Dimmu Borgir

Corpse paints?

Yeah that
I like Dead and Euronymus (Mayhem), Infernus and King (Gorgoroth, Troy and Code (Anthelion)

smeagol1
smeagol1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2010-02-20 22:25:00 Reply

I feel better now that most likly Im not a dad now. So back to metal, I've heard black metal from many countrys. But I wonder if theres any Russian black metal, I think it be interesting to hear.

Enter Thy Metal Hell
.NG Cryptozoology Club
www.infowars.com Because There Is A War On For Your Mind.

BBS Signature
mothballs
mothballs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to Metal Hell 2010-02-20 22:59:58 Reply

At 2/20/10 10:25 PM, smeagol1 wrote: I feel better now that most likly Im not a dad now. So back to metal, I've heard black metal from many countrys. But I wonder if theres any Russian black metal, I think it be interesting to hear.

A quick google search got me to find this.

Also yes, that would be fucking hilarious if Corey Taylor got cancer. He would be like "RAAAAAAHHHHH I'M STILL ANGREH RAAAAAAAGE" lol.

burnoutfool
burnoutfool
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2010-02-21 03:41:43 Reply

hey guys, just posting again to say that I'm not dead (yet)

I've been listening to alot of Crust, Grind and Doom/Sludge recently.

that and whatever the fuck you wanna call Ihsahn.

oh and Rotting Christ's new album is win.

Death is only the Beginning. Death is all that is real. Heliosohophism.

Centurion-Ryan
Centurion-Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2010-02-21 05:20:24 Reply

At 2/20/10 06:54 PM, MudkipsPiano wrote: Hey guys, imagine how funny it would be if Corey Taylor got cancer?

Dude, not cool. :(

I might not respect Corey Taylor as a musician, but I wouldn't wish cancer on anybody.

My PSN: Obilisk745
"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."
Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature
Idiosyncratic
Idiosyncratic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2010-02-21 11:19:46 Reply

At 2/21/10 05:20 AM, Centurion-Ryan wrote:
Dude, not cool. :(

I might not respect Corey Taylor as a musician, but I wouldn't wish cancer on anybody.

Ryan you have to understand that this little shit finds anything macabre funny because he's hardcore. Just ignore him.

Here I am, bored with everything.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Audiophile
Response to Metal Hell 2010-02-21 11:19:50 Reply

On the subject of Avantasia, I still need to get The Metal Opera and I'm sure Nev still insists I get it no matter what he's listening to right now. Yes AniMetal, you may not like the albums but I've heard a few songs on there and they sound very good.

At 2/20/10 03:53 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 2/20/10 05:59 AM, Bahamut wrote: Speaking of symphonic black metal, I decided to get Dimmu Borgir's Enthrone Darkness Triumphant on CD so I'll be getting it in a few days time. Feel free to hate me all you want.
This band had a few good moments, really. They are not the best, but hey!

I never said they are the best at all. I'm not going to call them the best black metal band or even the best metal band but from what I heard in Enthrone Darkness Triumphant, I'm sure I'll enjoy the album. Also, it's come to my attention that I'm slowly getting more and more black metal albums. That will actually be my 4th black metal album and I'll probably get more sometime soon. That does remind me to get more Bathory as I still have only Hammerheart.

We can only hope.

Formerly Bahamut

AniMetal
AniMetal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2010-02-21 13:02:47 Reply

At 2/21/10 11:19 AM, Bahamut wrote: Yes AniMetal, you may not like the albums but I've heard a few songs on there and they sound very good.

I like the albums, they're jizztical but it still doesn't change the fact it's the most generic power metal you could possibly have, well unless you're hammerfall.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2010-02-21 14:02:18 Reply

At 2/21/10 11:19 AM, Bahamut wrote:
I never said they are the best at all. I'm not going to call them the best black metal band or even the best metal band but from what I heard in Enthrone Darkness Triumphant, I'm sure I'll enjoy the album. Also, it's come to my attention that I'm slowly getting more and more black metal albums. That will actually be my 4th black metal album and I'll probably get more sometime soon. That does remind me to get more Bathory as I still have only Hammerheart.

I never thought you were saying they were the best bm band, I was just giving my opinion. And also, about the part where you talk about have more bm in your library. I would not put black metal and symphonic black metal in the same genre.
Just like Death Metal and Melodeath, I see them as two completely different genres and they usualy don't have the same fanbase. It's like Heavy Metal and Doom Metal, they may have the same roots, but they are completely different genres now.

Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2010-02-21 14:42:07 Reply

At 2/21/10 11:19 AM, Bahamut wrote: On the subject of Avantasia, I still need to get The Metal Opera and I'm sure Nev still insists I get it no matter what he's listening to right now.

I'd insist on getting The Metal Opera, Pt. 2. I've not listened to the first :P.

At 2/21/10 02:02 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: It's like Heavy Metal and Doom Metal, they may have the same roots, but they are completely different genres now.

Every genre of Metal and Heavy Metal has the same roots. Heavy Metal is the roots, yo. And its the sunshine and nutrients. And in the case of Manowar, its the testosterone. Which has nothing to do with plant life, but to not mention Manowar is such a conversation would be very unbecoming.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy
PSN: Look-a-Hill
Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2010-02-21 15:46:32 Reply

At 2/21/10 02:42 PM, Nev wrote:
At 2/21/10 02:02 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: It's like Heavy Metal and Doom Metal, they may have the same roots, but they are completely different genres now.
Every genre of Metal and Heavy Metal has the same roots. Heavy Metal is the roots, yo. And its the sunshine and nutrients. And in the case of Manowar, its the testosterone. Which has nothing to do with plant life, but to not mention Manowar is such a conversation would be very unbecoming.

Indeed, cause otherwise they wouldn't be metal...

What I meant is that if black metal and sbm came from the same place, they are now totally different genres of metal and I don't see these two genres as members of the same family.

Centurion-Ryan
Centurion-Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2010-02-21 16:20:00 Reply

Ha ha. Oh wow.

Hey, hey guys. Look what I did.

• Xel'nedsh
    Xel'nedsh by Centurion-Ryan

Click to listen.

Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Heavy Metal
    Popularity

BBS Signature
Rokuro
Rokuro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2010-02-21 18:34:43 Reply

Avantasia is pretty win. Even though Tobias kinda looks like Billy Ray Cyrus. Lmao.

Scarecrow was pretty enjoyable... I've listened to both Part 1 and 2 of The Metal Opera, but I like the one with No Return better. Whichever that is.

Joined together wrote our names upon the page
Seven times alliance our loyalty we gave
Sworn to be united not divided for the King

BBS Signature
burnoutfool
burnoutfool
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2010-02-21 22:02:59 Reply

Dark Fortress' Ylem was great.

srsly.

Death is only the Beginning. Death is all that is real. Heliosohophism.

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2010-02-21 23:46:23 Reply

At 2/21/10 04:20 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: Ha ha. Oh wow.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 13417

Is it me or does it suck?

AkujinRuukasu
AkujinRuukasu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to Metal Hell 2010-02-22 03:24:37 Reply

At 2/20/10 10:25 PM, smeagol1 wrote: I feel better now that most likly Im not a dad now. So back to metal, I've heard black metal from many countrys. But I wonder if theres any Russian black metal, I think it be interesting to hear.

I'm also a fan of wide varieties of metal. I heard some good ones from Japan, Indonesia, India, and, believe it or not, Iran, don't get me wrong. Heard about some of those from the Global Metal documentary... just putting it out there.

BBS Signature
PenisClown
PenisClown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2010-02-22 05:15:07 Reply

We travelled time, in a spaceship made of stone.

Metal Hell.
Pill pop a dope a well run general hash pump a gonna led.

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Writer
Response to Metal Hell 2010-02-22 08:39:04 Reply

Just a little link I thought that I should share with you guys here.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
TheDaemonicPoet
TheDaemonicPoet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2010-02-22 08:45:32 Reply

Hey guys, I am listening to a band called "Eternal Tears of Sorrow", what do you think about them?

Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature
PenisClown
PenisClown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2010-02-22 08:49:24 Reply

At 2/22/10 08:39 AM, Coop83 wrote: Just a little link I thought that I should share with you guys here.

You should've have. Really.

You can't find me
Inside my brain.
The asphalt master
has gone insane.
So we build a sunrise;
Would you leave me here?
Majestic weaveworld
Solarisphere.

Check this shit:

• Band Practice
    Band Practice by PenisClown

Click to listen.

Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    General Rock
    Popularity

Metal Hell.
Pill pop a dope a well run general hash pump a gonna led.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Audiophile
Response to Metal Hell 2010-02-22 10:48:35 Reply

At 2/21/10 02:02 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: I would not put black metal and symphonic black metal in the same genre.

Until I've listened to enough black metal and symphonic black metal, I am not going to agree with your statement. For now, symphonic black metal is relevant enough to black metal.

Just like Death Metal and Melodeath

Now that I can understand.

At 2/21/10 02:42 PM, Nev wrote:
At 2/21/10 11:19 AM, Bahamut wrote: On the subject of Avantasia, I still need to get The Metal Opera and I'm sure Nev still insists I get it no matter what he's listening to right now.
I'd insist on getting The Metal Opera, Pt. 2. I've not listened to the first :P.

Well that's silly. I'd get The Metal Opera, Pt. 1 before even getting Pt. 2 for the sake of chronology. Or even better, get them together.

At 2/22/10 03:24 AM, AkujinRuukasu wrote: I'm also a fan of wide varieties of metal. I heard some good ones from Japan, Indonesia, India, and, believe it or not, Iran, don't get me wrong. Heard about some of those from the Global Metal documentary... just putting it out there.

Funny you mention that as I'm aiming to listen to at least one metal band from as many countries as possible.

At 2/22/10 08:39 AM, Coop83 wrote: Just a little link I thought that I should share with you guys here.

Haha, interesting find Coop.

Formerly Bahamut

SomaGuye
SomaGuye
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2010-02-22 11:20:21 Reply

I got this in the mail today.

Metal Hell

Lost-Thought
Lost-Thought
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2010-02-22 13:22:05 Reply

At 2/22/10 11:20 AM, SomaGuye wrote: I got this in the mail today.

I think I just came in my pants

Did you just put your balls on my sandwich?
Metal Hell

BBS Signature
Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2010-02-22 13:36:45 Reply

Lolz "Ultra Limited".

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy
PSN: Look-a-Hill
Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature
Centurion-Ryan
Centurion-Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2010-02-22 15:47:27 Reply

At 2/21/10 11:46 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 2/21/10 04:20 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: Ha ha. Oh wow.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 13417
Is it me or does it suck?

My music is just too, like, deep, man.

If you were deep like me, maybe you'd understand.

But you're not deep. So you don't.

Deep.

A lot of things are deep.

Like caverns.

But not Duff.

He's not deep.

Anyway, does anyone want to recommend me a Gamma Ray album?

BBS Signature