00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Da-Birb just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,051,157 Views | 77,359 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-05 00:26:57

At 12/5/09 12:07 AM, 6Imm6ortal6 wrote: Blaspherian

Behemoth are really mainstream but i still like them, i still prefer Shining over them though regardless of who is more mainstream

Damnit, nice one. I'm not familiar with the band and I couldn't guess it. As soon as I knew what it was I saw it clearly though. I love Behemoth, but their mainstreamness in metal and the douchebags that listen to them turns me off a little bit.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-05 01:31:02

hey dudes, our old pal t3ch20 says hey

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-05 01:50:49

At 12/5/09 12:07 AM, 6Imm6ortal6 wrote: Behemoth are really mainstream but i still like them, i still prefer Shining over them though regardless of who is more mainstream

who cares about mainstream vs not mainstream. I honestly think Evangelion > Klagopsalmer. I also think that Behemoth's early Black metal stuff is better then Shining could ever do.

Death is only the Beginning. Death is all that is real. Heliosohophism.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-05 01:51:05

At 12/5/09 01:31 AM, D3NTATUS wrote: hey dudes, our old pal t3ch20 says hey

Why doesn't he post here anymore? I hardly see him on NG. He's my buddy and I misses him.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-05 01:52:21

At 12/5/09 01:51 AM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: Why doesn't he post here anymore? I hardly see him on NG. He's my buddy and I misses him.

i dunno. he changed his name and stuff.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-05 02:01:20

At 12/5/09 01:52 AM, D3NTATUS wrote:
At 12/5/09 01:51 AM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: Why doesn't he post here anymore? I hardly see him on NG. He's my buddy and I misses him.
i dunno. he changed his name and stuff.

Yeah, I know that much, and I mean, he was never super active before but I haven't seen him post in a while, especially in this thread.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-05 02:23:51

At 12/4/09 10:45 PM, mothballs wrote: Oh god dude, you're such a dick, but I thought that post was so fucking hilarious and golden I love you now. :3

You may not know, but I'm not that much of a dick. I love everyone in this club. And have for a long time. I've been a part of this beautiful thing for a while, I joined over three years ago. This place is a divine church. Of metal.

At 12/4/09 11:06 PM, mothballs wrote: Behemoth is the most brutal black/death metal you will ever hear, I would not miss out on them live.

I prefer Belphegor.

Moonspell are gothic fails.

At 12/4/09 11:08 PM, AniMetal wrote: Everyone loves him.

I love Nev's tight little ass. YOU GO GIRLFRIEND

At 12/5/09 01:31 AM, D3NTATUS wrote: hey dudes, our old pal t3ch20 says hey

Send him my love.

Also, the lack of Sense-Offender and Idio are making me a very sad fucking panda.

So here is my metal news. I think I deserve a high five or some shit. I listened to Sleep's Holy Mountain really loud a couple of hours ago.

While fucking.

I got head while 'Some Grass' was playing.

WELL, BACK TO MY ANIME

What the fuck happened to me D:

Metal Hell.

Pill pop a dope a well run general hash pump a gonna led.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-05 03:08:29

Sup. I was wondering if I can join.

Some stuff I like:
Sonata Arctica
Helloween
Gamma Ray
The Black Dahlia Murder
Dragonforce
Dragonland
Ensiferum
In Flames
Rhapsody

Those are just some faves. I like a lot of power, but I'm also into pretty much anything as long as it has a melody.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-05 04:08:25

Shoveling five feet of snow in a blizzard wearing nothing but an army jacket. Lame. My hair and beard were frozen fucking solid. Almost froze my hand too.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-05 06:02:34

At 12/5/09 02:23 AM, PenisClown wrote:
At 12/4/09 11:06 PM, mothballs wrote: Behemoth is the most brutal black/death metal you will ever hear, I would not miss out on them live.
I prefer Belphegor.

Moonspell are gothic fails.

You must be high...

Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-05 06:26:00

At 12/4/09 11:09 PM, AniMetal wrote: Fuck Behemoth, they are mainstream as hatebreed.

Good Metal = / = Mainstream

MOSTLY all the time

Bulllllshit mate.

Behemoth are amazing, one of the most influential pioneers of Blackened Death Metal around.

They are allowed to be popular.

This signature makes use of various clichés and/or 'emotional' lyrics/quotes, hopefully it makes me appear deep.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-05 07:19:11

At 12/5/09 06:02 AM, TheUnwisePoet wrote: You must be high...

I was and am. Also, I've never listened to them.

At 12/5/09 06:26 AM, Oppugnant wrote: They are allowed to be popular.

I kinda agree with this. They are popular but still brutal.

Metal Hell.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-05 09:45:48

At 12/5/09 03:08 AM, DrMafesto wrote: Sonata Arctica

Alright

Helloween

Alright

Gamma Ray

Alright

The Black Dahlia Murder

Nice

Dragonforce

Meh, ok

Dragonland

Ok

Ensiferum

Ok

In Flames

Nice

Rhapsody

Ok, you're fine to join. Welcome to metal hell, feel free to post whenever you like. I would like to recommend you some bands:

Insomnium
Kataklysm
Amon Amarth
Arch Enemy

I think you'd like these, becase they're all melodic. Anyway, have fun :D

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-05 10:03:41

I just found this new band called Space Bong. They're a stoner metal band from Adelaide. Adelaide is like the weed capital of this country and I've gotten really high there before, and now I find out there is stoner doom from there? That's fucking insanely awesome. I've never listened to Australian stoner shit before. I will let y'all know how awesome Space Bong are.

Metal Hell.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-05 11:35:18

Hey Mothballs, you aren't a horseman - You can't let in new members.

Also, how come you said "Nice" to the two worst bands on his list?

Except Dragonforce, of course.

Also, a friend of mine and I are going to take a road trip to providence road island to see "Until The Light Takes Us" in theaters.

I can't believe that movie is only playing in four theaters in the US. :(

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-05 11:43:20

At 12/5/09 11:35 AM, AniMetal wrote: Hey Mothballs, you aren't a horseman - You can't let in new members.

And even more so, how come you recommend Melodic Death Metal bands when his list only had two bands like that(Ensiferum, In Flames) and one shit core band(Black Dahlia)

Anyone with intelligence would've recommended him what his LIST consists of: Power Metal

I know these are the most popular ones along with the ones you posted, but they are all essentials: Stratovarius, Hammerfall, Iced Earth, Demons & Wizards, OLD Nightwish, Epica, Symphony X, After Forever, Kamelot, Edguy, Avantasia, Grave Digger, Beyond Twilight, Pyramaze, Angra, Falconer and of of course: BLIND GUARDIAN!

I could get you into far less mainstream and underground power metal bands, but first i'd rather you had all the basics covered.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-05 12:32:33

At 12/5/09 11:35 AM, AniMetal wrote: Hey Mothballs, you aren't a horseman - You can't let in new members.

It doesn't matter - he's obviously allowed to join if he has at least 7 bands on his list.

At 12/5/09 11:35 AM, AniMetal wrote:
And even more so, how come you recommend Melodic Death Metal bands when his list only had two bands like that(Ensiferum, In Flames) and one shit core band(Black Dahlia)
Anyone with intelligence would've recommended him what his LIST consists of: Power Metal

If you didn't read his post (which you probably didn't) he said he mostly likes power metal, but oter than that ANYTHING else that has a MELODY. Get it?

Oh, and BDM isn't core.

At 12/5/09 06:26 AM, Oppugnant wrote: Good Metal = / = Mainstream
MOSTLY all the time

Meh, I agree and disagree. To be honest, I think that most of the mainstream melodic death metal bands have a lot of emotion, like Amon Amarth, Insomnium, In Flames etc. But sometimes shit like Dragonforce is mainstream and sucks, just the way people view different kinds of genres.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-05 12:33:32

At 12/4/09 11:09 PM, AniMetal wrote:

Fuck Behemoth, they are mainstream as hatebreed.

Good Metal = / = Mainstream

Excuse me?

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-05 12:36:25

At 12/5/09 11:43 AM, AniMetal wrote:

I know these are the most popular ones along with the ones you posted, but they are all essentials: Stratovarius, Hammerfall, Iced Earth, Demons & Wizards, OLD Nightwish, Epica, Symphony X, After Forever, Kamelot, Edguy, Avantasia, Grave Digger, Beyond Twilight, Pyramaze, Angra, Falconer and of of course: BLIND GUARDIAN!

I could get you into far less mainstream and underground power metal bands, but first i'd rather you had all the basics covered.

Im pretty familiar with most of those. Except Demons & Wizards and Beyond Twilight.

I'll check those out for sure. :) As for TBDM, I consider them melodeath. They aren't the best band ever by any means, but they always put on a fantastic show, and it was one of the first things that got me to actually try death.

And did you mean Dragonforce was a good band and not shit?

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-05 12:43:12

At 12/4/09 10:18 AM, PenisClown wrote: Bahamut, I love how much of a good hearted moral crusader you are. I feel kinda bad for scaring the poor kid away. My bad.

Hey, we all have to start somewhere.

At 12/4/09 04:24 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote:
At 12/3/09 08:40 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: Seasons in the Abyss is the best album they have.
I've never checked it out.

Where have you been?

At 12/4/09 05:09 PM, Nev wrote: Also, I'm in that video to Wither, albiet just one of the many people in the crowd :P.

Wow, that is pretty cool. Where about are you in their video?

At 12/5/09 03:08 AM, DrMafesto wrote: Some stuff I like:

You rock!

At 12/5/09 11:43 AM, AniMetal wrote: Epica, After Forever, Beyond Twilight, Pyramaze

The ones I have yet to check out.

At 12/5/09 12:32 PM, mothballs wrote:
It doesn't matter - he's obviously allowed to join if he has at least 7 bands on his list.

Nope, only the horsemen give out approvals to those who are wanting to join. That's how it is and will always be.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-05 12:53:04

At 12/5/09 12:36 PM, DrMafesto wrote: Im pretty familiar with most of those. Except Demons & Wizards and Beyond Twilight.

Fucking A:

Check out Riverside, Pagan's Mind and Icewind now. :)

but they always put on a fantastic show, and it was one of the first things that got me to actually try death.

When I saw them headline with some good bands on support, they put on a horrible show.

Which most bands i've seen, haven't.

Also, the archvies, wikipedia and I all agree that they are metalcore - Not Melodic Death Metal.

And did you mean Dragonforce was a good band and not shit?

No, they are shit.

At 12/5/09 12:32 PM, mothballs wrote: It doesn't matter - he's obviously allowed to join if he has at least 7 bands on his list.

Haha you haven't been here very long - Have you?

If you didn't read his post (which you probably didn't) he said he mostly likes power metal, but oter than that ANYTHING else that has a MELODY. Get it?

He didn't say "Recommend me melodic death metal bands" he said he likes music with melodies

As in, he might also be a fan of other genres of music like pop and techno and whatnot.

Oh, and BDM isn't core.

Yes, they are.

Meh, I agree and disagree. To be honest, I think that most of the mainstream melodic death metal bands have a lot of emotion, like Amon Amarth, Insomnium, In Flames etc. But sometimes shit like Dragonforce is mainstream and sucks, just the way people view different kinds of genres.

Depends on the band, some bands like blind Guardian and Opeth are mainstrream - But they are fucking great.

There are only four mainstream melodic Death Metal bands: In Flames, Amon Amarth, Wintersun and Soilwork - And you could even argue that those last two aren't mainstream.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-05 12:57:32

Also guys, since no-one apparently knows them - Everyone needs to buy Beyond Twilight's debute album "The Devil's Hall Of Fame"

It's by FAR the best album Jorne Lande has ever had vocals on.

Beyond Twilight with their new singer

They are great, but they are underground because this band next to never tours due to the fact all the members of this band are members of other bands.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-05 13:25:01

At 12/5/09 12:53 PM, AniMetal wrote:
At 12/5/09 12:32 PM, mothballs wrote: It doesn't matter - he's obviously allowed to join if he has at least 7 bands on his list.
Haha you haven't been here very long - Have you?

I never confirmed it and made it official - I just reminded him that he was acceptable in terms of his list. Do you understand now?

He didn't say "Recommend me melodic death metal bands" he said he likes music with melodies

As in, he might also be a fan of other genres of music like pop and techno and whatnot.

What am I supposed to say to that? lol.

Oh, and BDM isn't core.
Yes, they are.

Oh well, they're awesome.

Also, just got into Obituary yesterday (I know, I'm late as hell) but I thinkthey are one fucking great band. They don't sound like the traditional death metal band with the vocals and such, but they are still very good.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-05 13:38:10

I define Metalcore as screams with clean vocals. All Tevor Strnad does is screams and a few lows. Like, Killswitch Engage is Metalcore. All That Remains is metalcore. The Black Dahlia Murder are not only not metalcore in my opinion, but shouldn't be classified under the same genre as those two and the others which we know are definetly Metalcore.

And I know liking Dragonforce is an unpopular opinion, but I think they do what they do well: Extreme optimism. Their songs are always fast paced and happy, minus Valley of the Damned and their Ballads. Sure, they are repetitive, but that doesn't really bother me. Also, I don't think anyone in the band really deserves credit for being the best at any instrument, but I have to give props to ZP Theart. I think ZP is a seriously underrated vocalist. He has a huge range. Although, he does have horrible teeth, so his voice may be amplified a bit by the way he breathes out through his teeth gaps.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-05 13:41:50

I consider Obituary more thrash metal, honestly - Most if not all their influences were thrash metal, so they aren't like nearly all other death metal bands.

At 12/5/09 01:38 PM, DrMafesto wrote: Metalcore is screams with clean vocals.

Then apparently you think nearly all death metal bands are core, cause every band has had clean vocals at least in ONE song.

Just saying, there's way more to it than just the vocals.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-05 13:54:25

At 12/5/09 01:41 PM, AniMetal wrote: I consider Obituary more thrash metal, honestly - Most if not all their influences were thrash metal, so they aren't like nearly all other death metal bands.

At 12/5/09 01:38 PM, DrMafesto wrote: Metalcore is screams with clean vocals.
Then apparently you think nearly all death metal bands are core, cause every band has had clean vocals at least in ONE song.

Just saying, there's way more to it than just the vocals.

Fair enough. I mostly pay attention to vocals, being a power metal fan, and that being the best part of that genre.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-05 14:13:55

At 12/5/09 01:54 PM, DrMafesto wrote: Fair enough. I mostly pay attention to vocals, being a power metal fan, and that being the best part of that genre.

Metalcore not only has screaming, unmelodic vocals. It also has the instrumentals doing the same repetitive thing over and over again. To be honest, I don't hate it, but I just find it extremely boring (well most of it at least).

I'm gone for today, gonna go to my tournament. Keep supporting metal \m/

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-05 14:39:34

At 12/5/09 12:43 PM, Bahamut wrote: Wow, that is pretty cool. Where about are you in their video?

God knows :P.
But one of the crowd shots will be from Manchester.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-05 14:53:12

So do I still need to be accepted by a Horseman still? I didn't see any give me the goahead.

Does it matter I used to be in the club? :3

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-05 14:55:26

At 12/5/09 02:53 PM, DrMafesto wrote: So do I still need to be accepted by a Horseman still? I didn't see any give me the goahead.

Does it matter I used to be in the club? :3

Members are always members :).

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature