00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,057,864 Views | 77,360 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-04 14:32:45

Did anyone even read my post?! Im looking for more great folk metal of Norse theme. I already listen to Tyr,Bathoy and Folk Earth.

Enter Thy Metal Hell

www.infowars.com Because There Is A War On For Your Mind.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-04 14:52:33

At 12/4/09 02:32 PM, smeagol1 wrote: Did anyone even read my post?! Im looking for more great folk metal of Norse theme. I already listen to Tyr,Bathoy and Folk Earth.

Windir, Cor Scorpii, Einherjer, Equilibrium, Finntroll, Korpiklaani, Mithotyn, Thyrfing, Myrkgrav

Death is only the Beginning. Death is all that is real. Heliosohophism.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-04 15:19:09

At 12/4/09 02:32 PM, smeagol1 wrote: Did anyone even read my post?! Im looking for more great folk metal of Norse theme. I already listen to Tyr,Bathoy and Folk Earth.

I can't think of any folk metal bands that aren't norse-themed.

Although technically, couldn't there be a folk metal band themed of any kind of culture, religion or mythology?

At 12/4/09 02:03 PM, burnoutfool wrote:
At 12/4/09 01:16 PM, ZpLiNtEh wrote: 3 Inches of Blood, Obituary
those are the only two you mentioned that are worth seeing.

I fixed your reply.

Obituary is tits live, and Black Dahlia Murder sucks live(Saw them with some good bands once)

At 12/4/09 09:29 AM, PenisClown wrote: It might be awesome to see Destruction if they were a good live band but I dunno.

Destruction were great when I saw them live, the crowd was amazing as well.

Still just listening to classical music. I'm enjoying Ludwig Van Beethoven's piano sonatas, and Chopin's piano stuff. I have a liking for Vladimar Horowitz and Stanislav Bunin's piano playing, it's pretty sweet.

I agree.

At 12/3/09 10:33 PM, AllMightyBruce wrote: Also, fuck Slayer. I've never been able to stand the big four.

Metallica's good work = Ride The Lightening and Kill Em' All when i'm in the mood
Slayer = Seasons In The Abyss
Megadeth - A lot of good stuff
ANthrax = I never cared to even check any of their stuff out, i've listened to maybe two songs by them.

At 12/4/09 01:16 PM, ZpLiNtEh wrote:
2 of my favourite bands fyi

That's just sad.

The Black Dahlia Murder

Nay

3 Inches of Blood,

Yay

The Faceless,

Never listened, heard both good things and bad.

Carnifex,

Saw them with Neuraxis, BTM and two other deathcore bands(Despised Icon, The Plasma Rifle) and they were boring.

Obituary

Fucking A!

etc. at Bonecrusher in Feb, can't wait.

Where is that?

aaaaand Between The Buried And Me, Lamb Of God & Job For A Cowboy just after that.

Oh god.

JFAC = Nonredeemable
BTBAM = They are good musicians, who actually LIKE and were influenced by progressive and death metal(For a change) but they are terrible song writers, have a terrible singer and a shit fanbase.
Lamb Of God = Was big into them once, their music is sort of mih to me now though.

At 12/4/09 01:28 PM, TheUnwisePoet wrote: Fucking orgasm =O, well Marilyn Manson was here on Tuesday, and probably there will not be another Metal concert in Portugal until summer

LOL WUT?

Local shows

Go to them, if they ever make it big you will feel accomplished.

Moonspell

I heard of these guys before, are they worth checking out?

So both Hypocrisy and Swashbuckle dropped off tonight's show.

Now it's just Ensiferum(Whom i've seen once before), Ex Deo(Who I have yet to check out), Blackguard(Whom i've seen twice and am seeing again next month) and Underlying Truth(Who?)

So i'm not going, but Municipal waste will be here on tuesday wicked cheap with four bands i've never heard of(Brutal Truth, Phobia, Cauldron, Beyond The Line Of Sight)

So that should be fun.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-04 15:35:19

Well its offical now my band Burning Disator is officaly and where going to metallify mofo fo sure.

member of the Metal Hell and NG drumming club

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-04 15:35:32

At 12/4/09 03:19 PM, AniMetal wrote: Black Dahlia Murder sucks live(Saw them with some good bands once)

Well I'll find out in 2 months..

That's just sad.

Having favourite bands that you don't like is sad? obviously.

Where is that?

London, at the ULU

but they are terrible song writers, have a terrible singer and a shit fanbase.

uh..no.

Lamb Of God = Was big into them once, their music is sort of mih to me now though.

Fair enough

Tool - Parabola

I love metal like crackheads love anal. and crack.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-04 15:50:51

At 12/4/09 03:19 PM, AniMetal wrote: I heard of these guys before, are they worth checking out?

They're ok...Moonspell has alot of songs that are +10 mins of crap though.

Ex Deo

they're pretty tits.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-04 16:09:52

At 12/4/09 03:50 PM, burnoutfool wrote: They're ok...Moonspell has alot of songs that are +10 mins of crap though.

Are they just crap to you and it's just your preference or are they actually shit?

At 12/4/09 03:35 PM, ZpLiNtEh wrote:
At 12/4/09 03:19 PM, AniMetal wrote: Black Dahlia Murder sucks live(Saw them with some good bands once)
Well I'll find out in 2 months..

Well when I saw them.

That's just sad.
Having favourite bands that you don't like is sad? obviously.

No, having those bands at a music festival is sad.

London, at the ULU

Aw, never heard of it - Probably because it gets shitted on by Bloodstock's reputation.

but they are terrible song writers, have a terrible singer and a shit fanbase.
uh..no.

No, their singer is shit and they are highly mediocore song writers and there fanbase is shit - I saw them intro for In Flames and they were all br00tal fags.

Tool - Parabola

Good you like some great bands.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-04 16:14:25

At 12/4/09 04:09 PM, AniMetal wrote:
At 12/4/09 03:50 PM, burnoutfool wrote: They're ok...Moonspell has alot of songs that are +10 mins of crap though.
Are they just crap to you and it's just your preference or are they actually shit?

they're ok. Some like them, others don't. I guess they're worth checking out. Just be warned, lots of their songs get over 10 mins, and some are just unbearable (for me).

There's so much music then Moonspell....They're kinda like a slightly better version of Hecate Enthroned.

anyway, I've been really digging LantlĂ´s

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-04 16:24:54

At 12/3/09 09:22 PM, PenisClown wrote:
At 12/3/09 08:40 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: I thought Altar of Sacrifice was fucking awesome
Me too. FUCK YOU RYAN.

Truth be told, every song on Reign In Blood is awesome. I just thought Altar of Sacrifice was the most forgettable song.

At 12/3/09 08:40 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: Seasons in the Abyss is the best album they have.

I've never checked it out. How does it compare to Reign In Blood and South of Heaven?

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-04 16:29:40

At 12/4/09 04:24 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote:
At 12/3/09 08:40 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: Seasons in the Abyss is the best album they have.
I've never checked it out. How does it compare to Reign In Blood and South of Heaven?

It makes those albums sound like shit in comparison.

Although those albums are almost shit anyway.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-04 16:41:56

Sesasons is the best one besides Reign in Blood. Imagine being hit by a big as metal wave thats how the album is.

member of the Metal Hell and NG drumming club

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-04 17:09:28

To sum up my thoughts on the last few pages:

Dent is right about Lady Gaga and Pop music in general. It's catchy, and that is an art in itself. Advertising and marketing is an artform. And Pop bands excel at that. Lowest form of art, sure, probably. But its still a valid form of music. It's not necessarily the artists fault that people hound them either. It's the magazines.

Ponos is right about Dream Theather. They've sold out. And their version of 'experimenting' is 'doing the same thing they've been doing since Six Degrees':
CHUG CHUG.... WIIDDDLLLEEE..... CHUG CHUG.... SUSSSSSTTAAIIIINNNEEEDDD CHHHOOOORRRDDSSS....."WWWWHHHIIIIIIIINNN NNNNNNNEEEEEE!"...... WIIIIDDDDLLLLLEEEE..... CHUG CHUG.

Listen to Images and Words. Then Awake. Totally different sounds.
Then listen to Metropolis. Again, totally different.

Then listen to Train of Thought, Octavarium, Systematic Chaos and the turdy new one and with the exception of a few stand out tracks they're all the same and all rubbish compared to the heights they set with Images and Awake.

Also, I'm in that video to Wither, albiet just one of the many people in the crowd :P.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-04 18:35:56

At 12/4/09 04:09 PM, AniMetal wrote: No, having those bands at a music festival is sad.

Oh they're not at a festival, PWD and WoP are just the usual gig, some other band is supporting but I forgot who it is.

Aw, never heard of it - Probably because it gets shitted on by Bloodstock's reputation.

Probably, I'm assuming it's one of those places tucked away from public view that takes 4 hours of wandering around aimlessly to find, we'll most likely be drunk though so that'll be alright.

No, their singer is shit and they are highly mediocore song writers and there fanbase is shit - I saw them intro for In Flames and they were all br00tal fags.

Me and several of my friends like them, and none of us are br00tal kids..just metalheads.

My mates band is slightly influenced by them as well.

Shameless plug lulz
Good you like some great bands.

Why thank you good sir. I fuckin love Tool. oh so much. and A Perfect Circle. Maynard James ftw.

I love metal like crackheads love anal. and crack.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-04 18:56:45

Well i went to go see Gwar for the second time last night i thought id give a small review

The first opening band was The Red Chord, they were incredibly boring live band was overall very meh
Job For A Cowboy played second they were pretty good live although the crowd wasnt too into them so again got bored around the end (ended up getting their setlist handed to me)

Gwar were the most epic thing ever, my friends and i were right on the barricade and were just getting soaked in blood, they played a lot of new stuff but still played their best from back in the day

I will probably be heading out to Cannibal Corpse tommorow they're co-headlining with Hatebreed hopefully it will be a good show

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-04 19:02:20

At 12/4/09 06:56 PM, 6Imm6ortal6 wrote: Gwar were the most epic thing ever, my friends and i were right on the barricade and were just getting soaked in blood, they played a lot of new stuff but still played their best from back in the day

GWAR are indeed the "most epic thing ever". I can't wait until Bloodstock, will be tha tits :D.
Being blasted with water is definately preferable to being in a sweaty man crowd.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-04 19:13:26

My favorite song from Seasons In The Abyss was Dead Skin Mask anything with dead girls is win for Smeagol. Also Ryan you are a moron for not thinking Altar Of Sacrafice is fucking epic. I've heard that the newest cd is a complete peice of shit.

Bathory FTW!!!!!!

Enter Thy Metal Hell

www.infowars.com Because There Is A War On For Your Mind.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-04 19:13:35

At 12/4/09 03:19 PM, AniMetal wrote:
Moonspell

Yes they're. They are black metal but with some other influences, like gothic, death, doom and folk, I love their song Alma Mater it has a notorious folk influence. The music Opium has some not too much notorious but doom influence. I think probably my favourite music by them is Finisterra, it's heavy and cool to listen to, I got headbang everytime I hear that song. In my opinion Moonspell is an excelent band, but I just started liking them about this summer, because I never was very into Black Metal. They also sound a little bit like Black Sun Aeon, which is band that I like very much, but Moonspell is heavier then them in my opinion.

Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-04 19:55:07

Haha, I forgot to mention that Parkway Drive are playing the town I live in, in just 15 days. It's going to cost you about $20 to see them. A lot of people I'm friends with are going but not me sirs.

Heaps of emo preppy loser fucks are going to be there. I'm going to get high instead the scenecore douche shits. FUCK.

IM STILL LISTENING TO BEETHOVEN. WTF.

Metal Hell.

Pill pop a dope a well run general hash pump a gonna led.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-04 19:58:12

At 12/4/09 07:55 PM, PenisClown wrote: Haha, I forgot to mention that Parkway Drive are playing the town I live in, in just 15 days. It's going to cost you about $20 to see them. A lot of people I'm friends with are going but not me sirs.

I wouldn't see them unless they paid ME.

IM STILL LISTENING TO BEETHOVEN. WTF.

Good man.

What are some good songs to check out to get pumped for Municipal Waste on Tuesday?

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-04 20:00:54

Leeway is pretty cool band.

Old school thrash.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-04 20:39:57

At 12/4/09 08:00 PM, HighWayStar365 wrote: Leeway is pretty cool band.
Old school thrash.

Sweet, i'll check em out.

Also i'm listening to powerglove for the first time, and I think this is the most amazing thing i've ever heard.

I'm going to buy there album!

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-04 20:46:36

At 12/4/09 03:35 PM, missingjack wrote: Well its offical now my band Burning Disator is officaly and where going to metallify mofo fo sure.

what?

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-04 20:52:44

At 12/4/09 08:46 PM, D3NTATUS wrote:
At 12/4/09 03:35 PM, missingjack wrote: Well its offical now my band Burning Disator is officaly and where going to metallify mofo fo sure.
what?

I don't know but I'd stay indoors just in case.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-04 22:45:48

At 12/4/09 01:16 PM, ZpLiNtEh wrote: The Black Dahlia Murder

Nice.

3 Inches of Blood

Shit.

The Faceless

Not bad.

Carnifex

Shit.

Obituary

Nice.

Between The Buried And Me

Nice.

Lamb Of God

Not bad.

Job For A Cowboy

Alright.

All in all pretty good man, but not the best. I hope you enjoy it though man, it seems pretty awesome.

At 12/4/09 10:18 AM, PenisClown wrote: But seriously. Fuck metal. Classical is where it's at. Beethoven was like technical fucking death metal back then. It was the heaviest shit of it's time. And it's incredibly old school.

Oh god dude, you're such a dick, but I thought that post was so fucking hilarious and golden I love you now. :3

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-04 22:48:01

At 12/4/09 08:39 PM, AniMetal wrote:
Also i'm listening to powerglove for the first time, and I think this is the most amazing thing i've ever heard.

Haha thanks for linking Powerglove, gave em a listen and really liking them

Just found an ad for Behemoth and Shining playing next month 18+ show though might still try and get in, i really don't wanna miss Shining play who knows when they will play here again

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-04 23:06:58

At 12/4/09 10:48 PM, 6Imm6ortal6 wrote: Just found an ad for Behemoth and Shining playing next month 18+ show though might still try and get in, i really don't wanna miss Shining play who knows when they will play here again

Fuck Shining, Behemoth is who you want to see. Behemoth is the most brutal black/death metal you will ever hear, I would not miss out on them live.

At 12/4/09 03:19 PM, AniMetal wrote: Moonspell

Yes man, you have to check them out. Edge of Night, in particular. If you're into that black metal that's not all about hailing Satan, definitely give them a shot.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-04 23:08:08

At 12/4/09 10:45 PM, mothballs wrote:
At 12/4/09 01:16 PM, ZpLiNtEh wrote: The Black Dahlia Murder
Nice.
3 Inches of Blood
Shit.

Please tell me you are just confused, how could think 3 inches are shit and black Dahlia are good? Maybe I could understand like Black but not liking 3 inches is absurd. :P

Oh god dude, you're such a dick, but I thought that post was so fucking hilarious and golden I love you now. :3

Everyone loves him.

At 12/4/09 10:48 PM, 6Imm6ortal6 wrote:
At 12/4/09 08:39 PM, AniMetal wrote:

Haha thanks for linking Powerglove, gave em a listen and really liking them

Just found an ad for Behemoth and Shining playing next month 18+ show though might still try and get in, i really don't wanna miss Shining play who knows when they will play here again

Shinning were supposed to play here a few months ago but they cancelled. :(

My favorite powerglove song by far, mainly cause I LOVED the sonic series.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-04 23:09:19

At 12/4/09 11:06 PM, mothballs wrote: Fuck Shining, Behemoth is who you want to see. Behemoth is the most brutal black/death metal you will ever hear, I would not miss out on them live.

Fuck Behemoth, they are mainstream as hatebreed.

Good Metal = / = Mainstream

MOSTLY all the time

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-04 23:12:16

I'm almost done with my art project. It's a big piece of paper that has two sides. On the front side is Behemoth, Death, Obituary, Cynic, and Necrophagist, and on the second side is Opeth, Atheist, 1349, and soon to be Sigh and Deicide. It took a lot of work but it looks pretty cool. On topic, try and guess this band logo.

Metal Hell

Response to Metal Hell 2009-12-05 00:07:49

At 12/4/09 11:12 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: I'm almost done with my art project. It's a big piece of paper that has two sides. On the front side is Behemoth, Death, Obituary, Cynic, and Necrophagist, and on the second side is Opeth, Atheist, 1349, and soon to be Sigh and Deicide. It took a lot of work but it looks pretty cool. On topic, try and guess this band logo.

Blaspherian

Behemoth are really mainstream but i still like them, i still prefer Shining over them though regardless of who is more mainstream