00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,057,441 Views | 77,360 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-11 19:12:29

At 7/11/09 07:02 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: I went to the cd store earlier today... I was looking for some stuff by Brain drill... must sayd that I was kind of dissapointed when I saw that they were classified as "Extreme Death Core"... I've always said that this shitty store could use of someone who knows what he's talking about in terms of metal...

At least they got the "death" part right, hahaha. At Amoeba Records (which I love, don't get me wrong), the entire metal section, which should be labeled "extreme metal," is the "Black Metal" section, even though they have death, doom, folk, sludge, etc. bands in abundance. When I first went there, I thought "wow, a whole section for black metal?"

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-11 22:27:11

Jesus fucking Christ, I'm not doing very well right now...

On CD stores, Generation Records has the best metal selection of any store around here (and I would go as far as saying the entire Northeast), and their cat arouses me. I should probably stop by sometime in the next 2 days to see if any new shirts are in. I don't know if I'll buy anything.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-11 22:43:00

Blizzard, were you going to the Atheist show tomorrow?

Here I am, bored with everything.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-11 22:55:19

At 7/11/09 10:43 PM, Idiosyncratic wrote: Blizzard, were you going to the Atheist show tomorrow?

No, I'm not. I might stop by to see if anyone I know is going to be there (which is probable), but I'm not going to any shows until Marduk comes here on August 15th.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-11 23:10:56

At 7/11/09 10:55 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote:
At 7/11/09 10:43 PM, Idiosyncratic wrote: Blizzard, were you going to the Atheist show tomorrow?
No, I'm not. I might stop by to see if anyone I know is going to be there (which is probable), but I'm not going to any shows until Marduk comes here on August 15th.

Oh all right. I thought we could have a mini meetup or something.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-11 23:19:15

i didn't know atheist was still together. not a big fan but you gotta love the message. haha.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-11 23:24:07

At 7/11/09 11:10 PM, Idiosyncratic wrote: Oh all right. I thought we could have a mini meetup or something.

That could still happen if you get in line at around 5 to 5:30ish or so. I will probably be in Midtown for much of tomorrow, and I might stay around outside BB King's for about 15 or 30 minutes or longer if I'm bored enough. Chances are that I'll know at least 1 or 2 other people who are going. I'm pretty easy to spot and I'll be wearing shades and a Rotting Christ shirt.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-12 01:16:48

Hey guys, I joined here a long time ago but I don't think you guys probably remember, so i'll approve my join. Here is the list of bands I listen to:

As I Lay Dying
Slipknot
Metallica
Lamb of God
Avenged Sevenfold
Disturbed
Dew-Scented
All That Remains
Bullet For My Valentine
Gwar
Slayer
Cannibal Corpse

That's all I can think of for now.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-12 01:32:32

At 7/12/09 01:16 AM, mothballs wrote: Hey guys, I joined here a long time ago but I don't think you guys probably remember, so i'll approve my join.

You can't let yourself in, especially not with that list.

As I Lay Dying
Slipknot
Metallica
Lamb of God
Avenged Sevenfold
Disturbed
Dew-Scented
All That Remains
Bullet For My Valentine
Gwar
Slayer
Cannibal Corpse

Only five or six of those bands are legitimate metal, the rest are metalcore or nu metal.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-12 01:36:55

At 7/12/09 01:32 AM, D3NTATUS wrote:
At 7/12/09 01:16 AM, mothballs wrote: Hey guys, I joined here a long time ago but I don't think you guys probably remember, so i'll approve my join.
You can't let yourself in, especially not with that list.

As I Lay Dying
Slipknot
Metallica
Lamb of God
Avenged Sevenfold
Disturbed
Dew-Scented
All That Remains
Bullet For My Valentine
Gwar
Slayer
Cannibal Corpse
Only five or six of those bands are legitimate metal, the rest are metalcore or nu metal.

You're making no sense. I clearly listed 11 metal bands and you're only choosing a specific type that can be allowed. Fuck you

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-12 01:41:45

At 7/12/09 01:36 AM, mothballs wrote: You're making no sense. I clearly listed 11 metal bands and you're only choosing a specific type that can be allowed. Fuck you

Welcome to the Metal Hell, I hope you enjoy your stay. We do not discuss nu-metal or metalcore, as we do not deem them "metal," like our rulebook of sorts, the metal archives (encyclopedia metallum). I didn't make the rules, I just follow them. I'm not even a leader here, but I might as well just say before they do that you may not get in with that list. You have the potential for an acceptable taste, try listening to more death and thrash (as that seems to be what you like).

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-12 01:51:28

At 7/12/09 01:41 AM, D3NTATUS wrote:
At 7/12/09 01:36 AM, mothballs wrote: You're making no sense. I clearly listed 11 metal bands and you're only choosing a specific type that can be allowed. Fuck you
Welcome to the Metal Hell, I hope you enjoy your stay. We do not discuss nu-metal or metalcore, as we do not deem them "metal," like our rulebook of sorts, the metal archives (encyclopedia metallum). I didn't make the rules, I just follow them. I'm not even a leader here, but I might as well just say before they do that you may not get in with that list. You have the potential for an acceptable taste, try listening to more death and thrash (as that seems to be what you like).

Alright, if you want me to take my time and post my full list of thrash/death metal I will...

Dew-Scented
Slayer
Lamb of God
Cannibal Corpse
Gwar
Children of Bodom
In Flames
Metallica
Korn
Suffocation
Black Sabbath
Cradle of Filth
Iron Maiden
Meshuggah
Marilyn Manson
Venom
Sepultura

Ok...that's enough for now, my head is starting to hurt thinking so much.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-12 01:52:34

At 7/12/09 01:51 AM, mothballs wrote: Alright, if you want me to take my time and post my full list of thrash/death metal I will...
Korn

Not death or thrash, they're core.

Ok...that's enough for now, my head is starting to hurt thinking so much.

It hurts to think of bands you like?

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-12 01:54:55

At 7/12/09 01:52 AM, D3NTATUS wrote: Not death or thrash, they're core.

i mean, what? they're nu metal.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-12 01:57:04

At 7/12/09 01:52 AM, D3NTATUS wrote: It hurts to think of bands you like?

I'm thinking too much at almost 2:00am. I think I need some sleep.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-12 02:06:51

I'm really enjoying Forest of Shadows. Someone in here recommended him to me, great stuff.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-12 03:02:57

Which is why you join here. We open your eyes to the wonderfulness of Metal, and the many sub-genres which accompany it, and teach you what's metal, and what's not.

Anywho, the second list you posted looked decent enough, but change your attitude or Big (little) bad Ponos will shred the nerve ends right out of your asshole in no time at all ^_^

hangovers suck.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-12 07:45:00

Hangovers do suck when you get them. I usually just wake up drunk. The fact that recently I just smoke bowls and have a couple of beers instead of hitting the kroovy really hard like some people (Speedy) do may have something to do with that. Fuck that makes me crave some ganja.

ANYWHO.

Mothballs should listen to

Aeternus
Ahab
Atheist
Behold... The Arctopus
Borknagar
Carcass
Cynic
Dawn
Death
Dissection
Enslaved
Gorguts
Gorod
Immortal
King Diamond
Kreator
Opeth
Origin
Pestilence
Old Sepultura (It rules hard)
Sodom

Because they all rule galaxies upon galaxies upon galaxies more than Korn and most of your original list.

Dawn - The Knell and the World
Loving this band, discovered them via an old post Ghoul made here listing 'good melodic black metal'.

Metal Hell.

Pill pop a dope a well run general hash pump a gonna led.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-12 09:03:20

And fuck it, throw in YOB. Doesn't matter what genre of music you listen to, EVERYONE needs to listen to YOB. Because YOB fucking pwn.

Idio, YOB opinionionion? And I got The Red album, fucking mad shit.

Metal Hell.

Pill pop a dope a well run general hash pump a gonna led.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-12 10:59:16

At 7/12/09 09:03 AM, PenisClown wrote: And fuck it, throw in YOB. Doesn't matter what genre of music you listen to, EVERYONE needs to listen to YOB. Because YOB fucking pwn.

Idio, YOB opinionionion? And I got The Red album, fucking mad shit.

YOB is beastly. I have the Illusion of Motion and Catharsis and they both slay. I'm glad you got the Red Album too.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-12 12:49:05

At 7/12/09 03:02 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote:
hangovers suck.

I fucking feel your pain right now. Ugh.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-12 13:11:05

Today is my 19th birthday and I got several metal-related stuff such as Metalocalypse season 1 DVD, Iron Maiden's Flight 666, Judas Priest's Angel of Retribution, Slayer's Show No Mercy and Deep Purple's Fireball, even though they're more hard rock than heavy metal in my books.

At 7/11/09 06:43 PM, Nev wrote:
At 7/11/09 09:35 AM, Bahamut wrote: I believe you've previously stated that you didn't like Sonata Arctica. It seems a fair amount can't get into their music but that's fine. I have fun listening to their music and that's all that matters to me.
Nah, I'd never have said that. Based on the three songs I've heard I like them. But after listening to that album I don't... so much.

I'm pretty sure you said that or maybe you said they were the weakest power metal band you've come across.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-12 13:56:59

At 7/12/09 01:11 PM, Bahamut wrote: Today is my 19th birthday and I got several metal-related stuff such as Metalocalypse season 1 DVD, Iron Maiden's Flight 666, Judas Priest's Angel of Retribution, Slayer's Show No Mercy and Deep Purple's Fireball, even though they're more hard rock than heavy metal in my books.

Happy birthday, bro! You're older than me :P

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-12 14:22:39

At 7/12/09 01:11 PM, Bahamut wrote: Today is my 19th birthday...

Happy Birthday.

I'm pretty sure you said that or maybe you said they were the weakest power metal band you've come across.

I can't remember saying that either. And it seems unlikely seeing how highly I regard 'White Pearl, Black Oceans'.

At 7/12/09 01:56 PM, D3NTATUS wrote: Happy birthday, bro! You're older than me :P

But you're like 10 or something :P.

Though at least you're intelligent :).

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-12 14:38:34

Whent to a small free overnight(Tents) music festival in someone's basement this weekend.

It was tight, about 500 people were there and 38 bands/artists or basically every genre.

Folk, rock, punk, ska, electronic, metalcore, etc.

The only genres that weren't there: Real metal, and the rap/hip hop genres.

But it was great, I had a lot of fun, some of the artists:

Jason Anderson, The Low Anthem, Strand of Oaks, The Observatory, Dan Blakeslee, The Points North, Bicycles & Gravel, Grey Milk, Damned Tiger stripe, Wailing Wall, Triangular along with 27 other bands & artists I can't remember the names of. Ha

http://www.myspace.com/theobservatoryban d

I'd like to point out that these guys were the only ones that made an audience mosh, do a rave and have lighters in the air all at the exact same time. Even though it doesn't sound like that much on their myspace, live they were immaculate and if you ever get a chance to see these guys then see them!

At 7/12/09 02:22 PM, Nev wrote:
At 7/12/09 01:11 PM, Bahamut wrote: Today is my 19th birthday...
Happy Birthday.

Happy b-day Bahamut! :P

Man, your username could be the name of a black metal band.

I can't remember saying that either. And it seems unlikely seeing how highly I regard 'White Pearl, Black Oceans'.

Which sonata Album do you own?

If it's Unia or Reckoning Night I can understand why you don't think much of sonata arctica. If it's Ecliptica or silence then you need to take another listen to said masterpiece and if it's Winterheart's Guild, it's a masterpiece but you have to be a fan of other sonata material first to get into.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-12 15:12:13

At 7/12/09 02:38 PM, AniMetal wrote: Which sonata Album do you own?

I said I'd listened to Silence :P.

Taylor Swift - White Horse (Fearless)

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-12 16:52:08

White Pearl is a great song. :P One of my faves as well.
Draw me is good, too. They played both those for the first time live on their last tour with Nightwish. I came my pants when they played them, and was jumping around like a seizure prone retard, but the entire crowd didn't know the song. It was sad. They did such a good job.

Joined together wrote our names upon the page

Seven times alliance our loyalty we gave

Sworn to be united not divided for the King

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-12 17:19:40

So I discovered Moonspell I like them. I was at a party all night long listening to Power metal which is rare for me.

Enter Thy Metal Hell

www.infowars.com Because There Is A War On For Your Mind.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-12 17:28:46

At 7/12/09 05:19 PM, smeagol1 wrote: So I discovered Moonspell I like them. I was at a party all night long listening to Power metal which is rare for me.

Welcome to the light side. c:

Joined together wrote our names upon the page

Seven times alliance our loyalty we gave

Sworn to be united not divided for the King

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-07-12 17:33:04

At 7/12/09 05:28 PM, Rokuro wrote:
At 7/12/09 05:19 PM, smeagol1 wrote: So I discovered Moonspell I like them. I was at a party all night long listening to Power metal which is rare for me.
Welcome to the light side. c:

Talking about power metal...
it's funny how all geeks like Sonata Arctica and DragonForce

Power metal = geek music :P