00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Sk8er-Gaius15 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,057,157 Views | 77,360 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-20 15:18:08

At 2/20/08 02:55 PM, IrishGun wrote: Does anyone else think the 90's was a bad time for metal?

lol no awesome black metal released in the 90's namely everything by burzum, some good Darkthrone stuff, Mayhem... the list goes on

Minion of the Metal Hell

Last.fm/Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-20 15:21:17

At 2/20/08 03:18 PM, Charon wrote:
At 2/20/08 02:55 PM, IrishGun wrote: Does anyone else think the 90's was a bad time for metal?
lol no awesome black metal released in the 90's namely everything by burzum, some good Darkthrone stuff, Mayhem... the list goes on

But Nu-metal was invented back then!

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-20 15:22:52

At 2/20/08 03:21 PM, IrishGun wrote:

But Nu-metal was invented back then!

Which you listen to ALOT.
Also, You're making this too easy.

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-20 15:24:54

THIS is what you're making too easy.

Metal Hell

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-20 15:30:18

Correction: I meant not much good stuff.

At 2/20/08 03:24 PM, kiddi1 wrote: THIS is what you're making too easy.

So the truth makes me an alt?

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-20 15:41:11

At 2/20/08 03:30 PM, IrishGun wrote: Correction: I meant not much good stuff.

depends on your view point, the 2nd wave of black metal was immensely important and influential and there was quite alot of bands coming out of that scene. also 1990 saw the release of Judas Priest's Painkiller album which is amazing, Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark was released in the 90's which is one of my fav's from them

Minion of the Metal Hell

Last.fm/Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-20 15:58:08

At 2/20/08 03:30 PM, IrishGun wrote:

So the truth makes me an alt?

You needed to find Some "Recognizable riffs" From the 90's, like Yesterday or something.
And Today, You ask about good stuff From the nineties.

Coincidence?
I think not.

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-20 16:17:51

BUSTED ASSHOLE!!!!

Enter Thy Metal Hell

www.infowars.com Because There Is A War On For Your Mind.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-20 16:27:18

@Charon: I really like that movie too, and the ending is somewhat confusing. I didn't get it until I read about the movie. :p Enjoyable though, and I <3 Christian Bale.

The 90's were a great fucking time for metal. Second wave of black metal, the Gothenburg Sound did much of their best work, and the end of the decade allowed for the proliferation metal has now (read: its getting more popular again). 90's are almost as important as the 80s (as far as laying the groundwork for today's subgenres), although most of what I like is from the 90s or the 2000s.

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-20 16:31:34

At 2/20/08 04:17 PM, smeagol1 wrote:
BUSTED ASSHOLE!!!!

This has made you even more pathetic due to the fact that I now know that your favourite thing to do is say "BUSTED ASSHOLE!!!!" and hop along the bandwagon and beleive whatever Kidd says is right.

You better finding something else to do rather than wasting your life by sucking Kidd's cock.

At 2/20/08 04:27 PM, X-Imperium-X wrote: The 90's were a great fucking time for metal. Second wave of black metal, the Gothenburg Sound did much of their best work, and the end of the decade allowed for the proliferation metal has now (read: its getting more popular again). 90's are almost as important as the 80s (as far as laying the groundwork for today's subgenres), although most of what I like is from the 90s or the 2000s.

I guess this makes me fool of the month, right?

At 2/20/08 03:41 PM, Charon wrote: Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark

Hell, how could I forget about that? Definately Maiden's best song.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-20 16:40:38

At 2/20/08 04:31 PM, IrishGun wrote:
You better finding something else to do rather than wasting your life by sucking Kidd's cock.

Cut the Crap.
Underage Bans= Until You are old enough, In IrishGun's Case (If he continues to Deny Being an Alt) 3-4 years.
Alt=most often Ignored.

I'm giving you a final Choice asshole.

Metal Hell

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-20 16:44:25

At 2/20/08 04:40 PM, kiddi1 wrote: I'm giving you a final Choice asshole.

Ok, sorry.

I will stop from this post.

I promise this time.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-20 17:22:42

You little fucks, stop arguing. Kidd, so what if Centurion has an alt? Big deal, he's not getting past a ban or anything like that. So if he pretends there's no big deal either. You just don't like him, get over it. Even if he has an alt, you do too, and you use it for just about the same purpose if anything.

So stop complaining and act like you're a teenager, not a little whiny five year old. IrishGun, I don't think you're an alt.

Here I am, bored with everything.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-20 17:44:18

At 2/20/08 06:39 AM, Oppugnant wrote: I'm sure you've heard of them Sense-Offender. Would you recommend them?

haha cool. I've become the avant-garde guy of the club. I've heard of them before, but I don't recall listening to them (I may have and forgotten, which happens). I'll check 'em out. And while I'm at it, I'll look into other avant-garde bands I've either not yet listened to or didn't like last time I listened to them.

At 2/20/08 02:29 PM, X-Imperium-X wrote: Ever watch American Psycho?

great movie.

"I like to dissect girls. Did you know that I'm udderly insane?"

At 2/20/08 02:49 PM, Charon wrote: i love that film, although the ending confuses me, which i am incredible embarassed to admit

I figure Patrick Bateman was just imagining the whole thing and didn't actually kill anybody.

Also, I just realized how close his last name is to "Batman", who Christian Bale went on to portray. Coincidence? ....yes.

no. I think each decade since metal was born had improtant metal album releases and band formations and could not have been all that bad for metal. That includes this decade.

At 2/20/08 04:27 PM, X-Imperium-X wrote: and I <3 Christian Bale.

Yeah, he's awesome.

At 2/20/08 04:31 PM, IrishGun wrote: You better finding something else to do rather than wasting your life by sucking Kidd's cock.

I've been thinking this for a while, actually.

At 2/20/08 05:22 PM, Idiosyncratic wrote: So stop complaining and act like you're a teenager

What's the difference?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-20 18:31:18

At 2/20/08 05:44 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 2/20/08 05:22 PM, Idiosyncratic wrote: So stop complaining and act like you're a teenager
What's the difference?

Got me there. Scratch that.

Just grow up.

Here I am, bored with everything.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-20 18:32:16

fuck yeh people who are planing on going to bloodstock Iced Earth have been confirmed :D :D :D :D

Minion of the Metal Hell

Last.fm/Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-20 19:12:01

New acquisitions:

Ghoul - Splatterthrash and
Moonspell - Wolfheart
from Metal Haven.

I also found:
Opeth - Damnation,
Death - Individual Thought Patterns
Melvins - Bullhead.

Those 3 were a dollar each. I feel quite lucky.

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-20 19:30:51

dear hellians...I'M BALD!!!! OMFG!

Metal Hell

Music Is Like An Apple...Nobody Likes The Core

[Metal Hell]

My Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-20 19:55:46

At 2/20/08 07:30 PM, ZeR0-DaY wrote: dear hellians...I'M BALD!!!! OMFG!

Well that is no good

Hello Metal Hell, it has been awhile, I don't know if many of you remember me, but I figured I'd go to my old haunt to figure out a few things
First, what're you guy's views of the band "The Dillinger Escape Plan" crazy stuff I'd say, not really real metal but I don't think you guys would really care about the distinction of metal to metalcore.
The new album Ire Works is pretty fucking boss if I don't say so myself.

Anyway to be a bit of an ass I'm going to promote my own metal band IED

Same link as in my sig so if anyone wants to click it

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-20 19:57:46

At 2/20/08 07:55 PM, ADarkerBreed wrote: I don't think you guys would really care about the distinction of metal to metalcore.

I'm not trying to be an ass or anything, but you couldn't be more wrong.

Almost all of the metal hell users try as hard as possible to not talk about -core.

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-20 20:11:46

At 2/20/08 07:57 PM, D3NTATUS wrote: I'm not trying to be an ass or anything, but you couldn't be more wrong.

Almost all of the metal hell users try as hard as possible to not talk about -core.

I thought it would really be a band to band thing
Such the difference between Heaven Shall Burn and Atreyu
Where one is more metal and the other more... well whatever Atreyu is

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-20 20:19:18

At 2/20/08 08:11 PM, ADarkerBreed wrote:
At 2/20/08 07:57 PM, D3NTATUS wrote: I'm not trying to be an ass or anything, but you couldn't be more wrong.

I thought it would really be a band to band thing
Such the difference between Heaven Shall Burn and Atreyu
Where one is more metal and the other more... well whatever Atreyu is

Without being an asshole, I don't know many who frequent this thread that listen to any of those bands. I listened to Ire Works, and I thought it was totally over-rated. Nothing new or exciting, just noise, and not in a good way. Whatever floats your boat.

Honestly though, this club has been excellent avoiding -core bands.

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-20 20:38:30

At 2/20/08 08:19 PM, X-Imperium-X wrote: Honestly though, this club has been excellent avoiding -core bands.

forgive the cliche, but we avoid it like the plague

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-21 00:44:36

At 2/20/08 05:44 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: haha cool. I've become the avant-garde guy of the club. I've heard of them before, but I don't recall listening to them (I may have and forgotten, which happens). I'll check 'em out. And while I'm at it, I'll look into other avant-garde bands I've either not yet listened to or didn't like last time I listened to them.

Excellent, I've been meaning t get into some Avant-Garde the only band i have in the genere is Unexpect.
Some good starter albums would be appreciated :)

This signature makes use of various clichés and/or 'emotional' lyrics/quotes, hopefully it makes me appear deep.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-21 01:28:58

At 2/20/08 07:30 PM, ZeR0-DaY wrote: dear hellians...I'M BALD!!!! OMFG!

Thats nowhere near bald, at least you still have hair, i have pretty much fuck all hair, but im not completely bald, its just really short.

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-21 07:53:26

At 2/20/08 08:19 PM, X-Imperium-X wrote: Without being an asshole, I don't know many who frequent this thread that listen to any of those bands.

Didn't seem assholey to me.

Ire Works i really over rated if you aren't into the band. I see it as a bit of an evolution of their last album Miss Machine, but I still enjoy Miss Machine more as it was still a bit more raw then Ire Works

I used to be big into nu-metal but dropped it basically after 2005/6
Now it's a bit more the metalcore but I also listen to death metal

Death Metal:
Death
Entombed
Dark Tranquility (though I haven't really kept up with them)
Kataklysm

Metalcore:
Heaven Shall Burn
The Dillinger Escape Plan
The Anti Doctrine
Black Dahlia Murder
Job For A Cowboy (actually on the album Doom)

Just as a sampling of my more recent music taste

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-21 10:02:30

At 2/21/08 07:53 AM, ADarkerBreed wrote:

Just as a sampling of my more recent music taste

I'm not going to tell you to Drop the -Core or Anything, But It's not Discussed Here, And As long as you don't do that, It seems fine to me.

Band Recommendations from Me:
Suffocation (Death metal from NY)
Psycroptic (Kick ass Aussie Tech Death)
Nile (/brutalTech Death fused with Egyptian Music)
Necrophagist (Neoclassical Tech Death)
Behemoth (Blackened Death metal, Must have)
Blood Red Throne (Death at it's Purest)
Dying Fetus (I Think You'd like this)
Cryptopsy (Try to get only the stuff with the Old Vocalist, Lord worm)
Anaal Nathrakh (Blackened Grind From the Bowels of Hell, Absolute Fucking Torture, Get the Codex Necro, If you like it, Continue.)

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-21 11:26:23

Metalcore is a secret pleasure of mine, but mostly I stick to talking about the really extreme end of music in here.

P.S Just discovered a very dark sound in: Leng Tch'e

A somewhat unknown band {{Trying to think of the word beginning with ex to do with little known and stuff like that...}} that I listened to on Last.fm after searching for similar artists to The Berzerker.

P.P.S I don't know if people notice I almost, infact I NEVER post pictures of myself on NG except the old display pic I had a while ago that was taken like 4 years ago. Time for you to guess.

Am I

a} A very secretive and anonimous {{sp?}} person online

b} unable to get access to a camera

c} too kvlt to show my face except via very old pictures from less kvlt days

OR am I

d} too lazy to take a picture with my camera and post it up

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008

Feel free to MSN me: warsmithdave@msn.com

Beware the NGSkeletonGimp! M:tG Klub.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-21 11:57:40

So, my friends' band got into the talent show. There are only about 7 acts, most of which suck major ass, so I'm pretty sure they'll win or get 2nd. Except one of the guitarists hates me now because I swore at his girlfriend. But I'd like to think I wasn't in the wrong because she knows I hate any part of my body being touched and she keeps trying to hug me. He and his girlfriend also make fun of me for being a Christian. I have punched him in the face for that, however.

On topic, however, it turns out Jayson Sherlock used to go by the name of 'Anonymous'.

I wonder if he ever crusaded against Scientology?

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-21 12:08:11

At 2/21/08 11:26 AM, Shalashaska-1 wrote: Metalcore is a secret pleasure of mine, but mostly I stick to talking about the really extreme end of music in here.

Hahaha, I Have More "Secret Pleasures" than you could Imagine, But I don't hide them at all, In fact, I love Páll Óskar, A gay (literally)Icelandic Techno/pop/Trance Guy, And I kicked ass in a Singing Contest here, I did this song. I've got his Moves down (Not really visible in that song, But He's Got insane Dancing Sk1llz) , I Danced Like him the whole time, And Won an additional Reward for Stage performance.

I Also <3 Michael Jackson, And Have ALL of his moves down as fvkk aswell, I can do everything from the "Simple" moonwalk, to the Insane Leaning Forward thing he does in "Smooth Criminal". (at 3:50 for lazy people)

I'm an Insanely good dancer really :'D

More "Secrets" would be H.I.M, And The Prodigy.

Also Just lots and Lots of Techno.

c} too kvlt to show my face except via very old pictures from less kvlt days

Dis one.