00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RIOTxANON06 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,056,819 Views | 77,360 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-16 10:11:46

At 2/16/08 09:40 AM, Shalashaska-1 wrote: Woot! Finally bothered to get a LastFM account set up again. My old one from like three years ago I've forgotten, but now I have one in my NG username. Nice, easy and simple to find xP

Mines my NG username as well.
High five!

This signature makes use of various clichés and/or 'emotional' lyrics/quotes, hopefully it makes me appear deep.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-16 10:14:47

At 2/16/08 09:40 AM, Shalashaska-1 wrote: Woot! Finally bothered to get a LastFM account set up again. My old one from like three years ago I've forgotten, but now I have one in my NG username. Nice, easy and simple to find xP

WHAT!

Play Shalashaska-1's Radio Station Including: Various Artists, Enter Shikari, DevilDriver, Papa Roach, Cradle of Filth, Trivium, Mastodon, Gorillaz, Slipknot and more

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-16 10:19:51

At 2/16/08 10:14 AM, kiddi1 wrote:
WHAT!

Play Shalashaska-1's Radio Station Including: Various Artists, Enter Shikari, DevilDriver, Papa Roach, Cradle of Filth, Trivium, Mastodon, Gorillaz, Slipknot and more

I only made it recently, and I don't have much saved on my mum's laptop except a handfull of CDs from years ago. I'm hoping to add to my LastFM over the 'search similar artists' function. Most of my decent CDs are at my nan's.

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008

Feel free to MSN me: warsmithdave@msn.com

Beware the NGSkeletonGimp! M:tG Klub.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-16 10:26:27

Oh yeah, and Shalaskaaskakbifbofm1, my Last.fm username is NIrishGun.

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-16 10:28:29

Already added jooo as a friend Irish :D Everyone, feel free to add me too.

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008

Feel free to MSN me: warsmithdave@msn.com

Beware the NGSkeletonGimp! M:tG Klub.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-16 10:31:19

At 2/16/08 10:28 AM, Shalashaska-1 wrote: Already added jooo as a friend Irish :D Everyone, feel free to add me too.

I will now.

I figured out I can get there by the link in my siggy!

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-16 10:55:21

Dudes, I have just Found An amazing band Called Hyems, Blackened Death metal from Germany.
Last.fm Page.
My fav song so far.

Just felt like sharing, Enjoy, tell me if you like it!

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-16 12:15:57

At 2/16/08 09:59 AM, Shalashaska-1 wrote: As for progressive bands, I'm an Opeth man myself.

Seconded.

Prog is awesome, you ignorant newfags.

obligitory post

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-16 12:21:11

I heard two new bands as well. I recommend I nice little check out of them.
First one is a german viking metal band and the second one is viking metal I just dont know where they are from. I assume they are german too but I could be waaay off. Check em out.

1.) Kromlek
2.) Wulfgar

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-16 12:23:46

At 2/15/08 08:28 PM, smeagol1 wrote: Bird!!!!!!!!!

Its coming' right for us...?

At 2/16/08 07:07 AM, rafattack wrote: what do you guys think of dream theater, im going to see their concert on march 8th and im fuckin exited

Cum, fap and jizz.

All words which I apply to Dream Theater.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-16 13:06:21

At 2/16/08 12:15 PM, X-Imperium-X wrote: Prog is awesome, you ignorant newfags.

Agreed. Even though I don't listen to much prog metal.

yet.

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-16 13:52:15

At 2/16/08 12:15 PM, X-Imperium-X wrote: Prog is awesome, you ignorant newfags.

I didn't say it was bad, I just only listen to one Prog band.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-16 14:07:44

At 2/16/08 01:06 PM, D3NTATUS wrote: Agreed. Even though I don't listen to much prog metal.

yet.

Correct.

At 2/16/08 01:52 PM, IrishGun wrote:
I didn't say it was bad, I just only listen to one Prog band.

Incorrect.

Lesson: listen to more. All stupidity aside, its a very rewarding genre as long as you have patience. Yes the songs can be long as fuck, and yes there can be a lot of instrument wankery. However, there are some really rewarding, interesting and occasionally very heavy songs hidden amongst the many bands. Its also a very old - prog rock anyway - so there's thirty years worth of music to sort through.

tl;dr: listen to more.

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-16 15:06:58

Any and all extreme metal fan's in here should definitely check out Nihil by Nonexistence. It's a very good Death/Black album. The atmosphere is awesome, and it's got some damn catchy riff's and it's got some doomy elements to it as well, it's definitely something to check out.

?

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-16 15:43:48

Whoever likes Arch Enemy, check out this band Kittie. They're like Arch Enemy, only they're Melodic Metalcore/Alternative metal. That's the only differance. Harsh vocals are still there.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-16 15:58:56

At 2/16/08 03:43 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: Whoever likes Arch Enemy, check out this band Kittie. They're like Arch Enemy, only they're Melodic Metalcore/Alternative metal. That's the only differance. Harsh vocals are still there.

Not even close. Kittie is a short step above Otep. Arch Enemy (while not my favorite band) has the Amott brothers on guitar and were pretty decent at some point or another. Kittie is nu-metal, at best. I'd say there's a big difference.

Harsh vocals do not equal musical prowess.

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-16 16:00:50

At 2/16/08 03:43 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: Whoever likes Arch Enemy, check out this band Kittie. They're like Arch Enemy, only they're Melodic Metalcore/Alternative metal. That's the only differance. Harsh vocals are still there.

They're hardly like Arch Enemy. The only similarity I see is that they're both heavy and have a female vocalist.

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-16 16:02:28

At 2/16/08 04:00 PM, D3NTATUS wrote:
They're hardly like Arch Enemy. The only similarity I see is that they're both heavy and have a female vocalist.

Hell, I could probably narrow that down further by saying Kittie sucks, and Arch Enemy doesn't.

Seriously, I could go on for a few paragraphs comparing the two.

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-16 16:16:52

At 2/16/08 04:00 PM, D3NTATUS wrote:

Accuse me of sexism if you want. But when I look at Arch Enemy that's all I see.

I tend to try and attempt to look past the...gimmick (if you will) of having a female vocalist, then stop because I'm using all the powers of thought that God gave me wondering why the universe has not imploded from this impossible paradox.

At 2/16/08 03:58 PM, X-Imperium-X wrote:
Not even close. Kittie is a short step above Otep. Arch Enemy (while not my favorite band) has the Amott brothers on guitar and were pretty decent at some point or another. Kittie is nu-metal, at best. I'd say there's a big difference.

Refer to the above post. Once the female vocals start, I'm not able to look to the technicality of the guitar or whatever.

Harsh vocals do not equal musical prowess.

As I said. I'm very short sighted when it comes to female fronted bands.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-16 16:24:00

At 2/16/08 04:16 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote:
Accuse me of sexism if you want yadda yadda yadda

Did you get your master's degree in saying really stupid things because that's the exact impression you're giving me

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-16 16:29:53

At 2/16/08 04:16 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: Accuse me of sexism if you want. But when I look at Arch Enemy that's all I see.

A - You mean 'hear'.
B - Angela or whatever sounds like a man anyway... so being misogynic about it just doesn't work.
C - They used to have a male singer.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-16 16:31:53

At 2/16/08 04:24 PM, D3NTATUS wrote:
Did you get your master's degree in saying really stupid things because that's the exact impression you're giving me

Removing self from thread.
Removal complete.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-16 16:34:05

At 2/16/08 04:24 PM, D3NTATUS wrote:

Masters?

Also, you would want to steer clear of a lot of gothic metal/rock. And, FWIW, it isn't all bad. Some Lacuna Coil is decent, and Christina Scabbia is still kinda hot, IMO (just has to be the right pictures, I've seen some good/great, some awful of her).

Point is, I've heard several (and seen one local, terrible black metal band live) female fronted metal bands, and they most of the time they don't suck. I don't think its entirely sexist, but I do think its ignorant. You should be looking to expand your musical horizons, not limiting them.

also, in before post whore. I'm bored and have nothing to do before work...

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-16 16:39:06

At 2/16/08 04:34 PM, X-Imperium-X wrote:
Masters?

Perhaps even a Doctors?

When I die. It will be in a blaze of glory.

Metal Hellion/My band (Bestial Remains) Myspace/Sonic Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-16 16:53:54

At 2/16/08 04:34 PM, X-Imperium-X wrote:
Masters?

Aye, master's. He's too good at saying dumb things to have just gotten an associates or bachelor's degree, but we don't call him Dr. Ryan (thank god), so he didn't get his doctorate. Therefore, master's.

On the subject of good female fronted bands: Equilibrium.

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-16 17:01:24

At 2/16/08 04:53 PM, D3NTATUS wrote:
On the subject of good female fronted bands: Equilibrium.

You know what? I'm wrong. Equilibrium isn't fronted by a woman, the lead singer is very male. The girl is the bassist. The reason I was confused is because the lead singer's name is Helge, and I was thinking it was the german equivalent of "Helga."

Maaaaaan.

Well, Equilibrium are still good.

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-16 17:26:48

@ D3N: Similar Phenomenon just happened to me. I always thought, for some reason, that Graveworm was female fronted. Turns out she's the keyboardist. =-/

Well, thanks for the clarification. I was going to say, I guess he is undeserving of the title "Dr. Stupid".

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-16 17:33:52

At 2/16/08 05:26 PM, X-Imperium-X wrote: @ D3N: Similar Phenomenon just happened to me. I always thought, for some reason, that Graveworm was female fronted. Turns out she's the keyboardist. =-/

It's a really weird, hollow sort of feeling. Like, you thought it was really cool that the band had a female vocalist, but then you're like "oh."

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-16 17:39:40

lol @ ryan seeing a lady in a band then ignoring the music and watching the breasts xD

in other news i forgot how much i love this song (warning not metal, but it probably inspired bands like maiden) songy

Minion of the Metal Hell

Last.fm/Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-02-16 21:38:31

At 2/16/08 04:31 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: Removing self from thread.
Removal complete.

ITS A FALSE ALARM EVERYONE HE WILL BE BACK.

....they always come back.

He says this alll the time getting my hopes up but he never ever ever truely stays away.