Be a Supporter!

Metal Hell

  • 2,215,273 Views
  • 78,901 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
X-Imperium-X
X-Imperium-X
  • Member since: Aug. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2007-11-12 22:39:34 Reply

At 11/12/07 10:29 PM, Sorgvind wrote: Because black metal is serious business.

Just like the internets. How about Grimfarm? Or Kvltree music? Wordplay rules.

ElGhoulio
ElGhoulio
  • Member since: Aug. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2007-11-12 23:21:39 Reply

Guys, there's a reason I quit posting in the Grimclub. It was a reaction to the situation in the metal hell, which was being flooded with newfags at the time who did nothing but talk about mallcore. I wanted a club to discuss the more obscure genres of metal (including, but not limited to, black metal.)

I quit posting in it because the metal hell became better and the grimclub was redundant. There's no need for a bm club, there never was, the club was a political move, nothing more.

That, and black metal fails.


You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature
Sorgvind
Sorgvind
  • Member since: Oct. 31, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2007-11-12 23:31:06 Reply

At 11/12/07 11:21 PM, ElGhoulio wrote: I quit posting in it because the metal hell became better and the grimclub was redundant. There's no need for a bm club, there never was, the club was a political move, nothing more.

That, and black metal fails.

Me, Kiddmeizter, Goatchrist, X-Imperium-X, and Oppugnant all want to talk about black metal in a black metal club, because no one talks about it in enough detail here.

X-Imperium-X
X-Imperium-X
  • Member since: Aug. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2007-11-12 23:38:17 Reply

At 11/12/07 11:31 PM, Sorgvind wrote:
At 11/12/07 11:21 PM, ElGhoulio wrote: I quit posting in it because the metal hell became better and the grimclub was redundant. There's no need for a bm club, there never was, the club was a political move, nothing more.

That, and black metal fails.
Me, Kiddmeizter, Goatchrist, X-Imperium-X, and Oppugnant all want to talk about black metal in a black metal club, because no one talks about it in enough detail here.

I do still enjoy black metal, but I do remember Ghoul's reasoning also. There was a ton of newfaggotree going on and though it isn't crucial now, it was back then. Ghoul brought the lulz. Now he brings the powerfails.

only kidding Ghoul. I owe my love of 1349 to you.
Sorgvind
Sorgvind
  • Member since: Oct. 31, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2007-11-13 00:00:51 Reply

At 11/12/07 11:38 PM, X-Imperium-X wrote: There was a ton of newfaggotree going on and though it isn't crucial now, it was back then.

I agree, but I still think a black metal club is a good idea, don't you?

D3NTATUS
D3NTATUS
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2007-11-13 00:02:17 Reply

At 11/13/07 12:00 AM, Sorgvind wrote:
At 11/12/07 11:38 PM, X-Imperium-X wrote: There was a ton of newfaggotree going on and though it isn't crucial now, it was back then.
I agree, but I still think a black metal club is a good idea, don't you?

i don't see what the problem is with just posting in the grimclub.

Sorgvind
Sorgvind
  • Member since: Oct. 31, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2007-11-13 00:15:18 Reply

At 11/13/07 12:02 AM, D3NTATUS wrote: i don't see what the problem is with just posting in the grimclub.

a) People get confused as to what it's about, because it was made not just for black metal, but for types of underground kvlt stuff that the Metal Hell wasn't talking about at that point.

b) The topic creator doesn't post in it

c) It's original regulars aren't there anymore

d) It's dead

D3NTATUS
D3NTATUS
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2007-11-13 00:47:10 Reply

At 11/13/07 12:15 AM, Sorgvind wrote: a) People get confused as to what it's about, because it was made not just for black metal, but for types of underground kvlt stuff that the Metal Hell wasn't talking about at that point.

if you guys just talk about black metal in it, it's a black metal club.

b) The topic creator doesn't post in it

your point?

c) It's original regulars aren't there anymore

well that's a problem

d) It's dead

get people to revive it

also, if you try to make a black metal club, the mods will probably lock it and say that there's already a club.

Sorgvind
Sorgvind
  • Member since: Oct. 31, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2007-11-13 04:33:32 Reply

I'm making it anyway. >:(

GoryBlizzard
GoryBlizzard
  • Member since: Nov. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 58
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2007-11-13 06:34:23 Reply

At 11/13/07 01:17 AM, Rokuro wrote: I think I might start a power metal club.

No.

Really, it's needless to make a club for every single sub-genre of metal. I'll keep an eye on the Black Metal Club, but I don't know how much longer it's going to last. If it starts out successfully enough, then I'll join, but pretty much anything there can be discussed here.


Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.
NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature
Sorgvind
Sorgvind
  • Member since: Oct. 31, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2007-11-13 06:49:26 Reply

At 11/13/07 06:34 AM, GoryBlizzard wrote: Really, it's needless to make a club for every single sub-genre of metal.

I agree.

I'll keep an eye on the Black Metal Club, but I don't know how much longer it's going to last. If it starts out successfully enough, then I'll join, but pretty much anything there can be discussed here.

I think that black metal just has so much variety and a quite a large fan base here, though you guys don't really talk about it that much and it was really awesome talking to Goatchrist and others in the Black Metal Grimclub.

IrishGun
IrishGun
  • Member since: Aug. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to Metal Hell 2007-11-13 07:24:25 Reply

At 11/13/07 01:17 AM, Rokuro wrote: I think I might start a power metal club.

Don't try, my Power Metal Club got deleted. D':

At 11/12/07 07:27 PM, Idiosyncratic wrote: Where's the metal?

In the Rap Crew. :P

At 11/12/07 09:27 PM, Sorgvind wrote:
At 11/12/07 08:22 AM, IrishGun wrote: Ponos? Is that you?!
It is, my son.

How many accounts do you have? Because I think you have 6 or 7.

At 11/12/07 09:36 PM, maverick-mechanic wrote: i dont like ryan anymore. cause everytime i browse through the posts i missed, i see my avatar and think "WHO THE FUCK HAS BEEN POSTING ON MY ACCOUN- Oh its ryan." :D

I can't wait to do that myself. :D


V I D E O G A M E S

BBS Signature
Sorgvind
Sorgvind
  • Member since: Oct. 31, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2007-11-13 07:36:02 Reply

At 11/13/07 07:24 AM, IrishGun wrote: How many accounts do you have? Because I think you have 6 or 7.

I have but one account, this one. I answer to no other names, I have been reborn. I am Sorgvind.

IrishGun
IrishGun
  • Member since: Aug. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to Metal Hell 2007-11-13 07:38:09 Reply

At 11/13/07 07:36 AM, Sorgvind wrote: I answer to no other names,

You answer the name PenisClown. :P


V I D E O G A M E S

BBS Signature
maverick-mechanic
maverick-mechanic
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2007-11-13 08:15:46 Reply

At 11/13/07 06:49 AM, Sorgvind wrote:
At 11/13/07 06:34 AM, GoryBlizzard wrote: Really, it's needless to make a club for every single sub-genre of metal.
I agree.

I third that. the Mod's have already said that there are too many metal clubs.

I'll keep an eye on the Black Metal Club, but I don't know how much longer it's going to last. If it starts out successfully enough, then I'll join, but pretty much anything there can be discussed here.
I think that black metal just has so much variety and a quite a large fan base here, though you guys don't really talk about it that much and it was really awesome talking to Goatchrist and others in the Black Metal Grimclub.

i'd join if i could find more black metal like Bloodbath and Ancient Rites. i'm very picky in what i'm listening to.


Got the gear, got the gas, got compression. My direction is cast to the concrete.
I am a motor musician, moving to the asphalt beat.

[Metal Hell]

BBS Signature
Sorgvind
Sorgvind
  • Member since: Oct. 31, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2007-11-13 08:39:58 Reply

At 11/13/07 07:38 AM, IrishGun wrote:
At 11/13/07 07:36 AM, Sorgvind wrote: I answer to no other names,
You answer the name PenisClown. :P

I most certainly do not.

ShitOnAStick
ShitOnAStick
  • Member since: Nov. 16, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2007-11-13 08:55:06 Reply

At 11/13/07 08:44 AM, Rokuro wrote: My puppy is METAAAAAL

just look at her sleeping on her back, legs spread like a whore. She wants you to look at her vag. And you did, didn't you?

Few too many steps over the line, dude.


RoseSOAS: you should know i dont think this far ahead
Me made simple: well you already thought as far as holding a chicken while in your underwear

BBS Signature
IrishGun
IrishGun
  • Member since: Aug. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to Metal Hell 2007-11-13 10:10:46 Reply

At 11/13/07 09:26 AM, Rokuro wrote: Puppy is not amused.

My fish are moar Metal.


V I D E O G A M E S

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Metal Hell 2007-11-13 10:45:38 Reply

At 11/12/07 12:54 PM, Celtic-Person-Thing wrote: Well that sucks for me then.

*points* HA HA!

At 11/12/07 03:01 PM, Rokuro wrote: Also, you guys remember when I didn't like Blind Guardian?
Yeah, they are one of my favs. now. :P

LOL! XD

At 11/12/07 05:09 PM, Nev wrote: I saw Bill Bailey on Friday if anyone likes him.

Who's Bill?

Oh and I bought Dream Theater's Live at Marquee, and Live in New York.

Nice.

At 11/12/07 06:34 PM, ElGhoulio wrote: BOTH CELTS AND VIKINGS FAIL, END THE VIKINGS VS. CELTS BULLSHIT.

THANK YOU! I was getting really tired of the stupid Vikings vs Celts debate.

At 11/12/07 08:30 PM, smeagol1 wrote: Head bangers ball plays power metal non-stop

Really?

At 11/13/07 01:17 AM, Rokuro wrote: I think I might start a power metal club.

But the ones I've seen get either locked or deleted.

Bastard mods!
At 11/13/07 10:10 AM, IrishGun wrote:
At 11/13/07 09:26 AM, Rokuro wrote: Puppy is not amused.
My fish are moar Metal.

My budge is a hell lot more metal than your pets!

IrishGun
IrishGun
  • Member since: Aug. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to Metal Hell 2007-11-13 10:57:25 Reply

At 11/13/07 10:45 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 11/12/07 12:54 PM, Celtic-Person-Thing wrote: Well that sucks for me then.
*points* HA HA!

:(

At 11/13/07 10:10 AM, IrishGun wrote:
My budge is a hell lot more metal than your pets!

Noez...

It may not be funny, but meh.

Metal Hell


V I D E O G A M E S

BBS Signature
0peth
0peth
  • Member since: Dec. 4, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2007-11-13 11:08:45 Reply

I have pneumonia and 6 hours of work.


And just like that....he was gone...

BBS Signature
kiddi1
kiddi1
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2007-11-13 11:31:45 Reply

At 11/13/07 10:10 AM, IrishGun wrote:
At 11/13/07 09:26 AM, Rokuro wrote: Puppy is not amused.
My fish are moar Metal.

MY family as 2 cats, 2 dogs, 14 chickens, Lots of Fish, And 1 frog (Had two but one died)

ElGhoulio
ElGhoulio
  • Member since: Aug. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2007-11-13 11:38:41 Reply

At 11/12/07 11:38 PM, X-Imperium-X wrote:
At 11/12/07 11:31 PM, Sorgvind wrote:
At 11/12/07 11:21 PM, ElGhoulio wrote: I quit posting in it because the metal hell became better and the grimclub was redundant. There's no need for a bm club, there never was, the club was a political move, nothing more.

That, and black metal fails.
Me, Kiddmeizter, Goatchrist, X-Imperium-X, and Oppugnant all want to talk about black metal in a black metal club, because no one talks about it in enough detail here.
I do still enjoy black metal, but I do remember Ghoul's reasoning also. There was a ton of newfaggotree going on and though it isn't crucial now, it was back then. Ghoul brought the lulz. Now he brings the powerfails.

I just quit listening to black metal. I think all of you know why, but I'll reiterate: I wanted more musical music.

only kidding Ghoul. I owe my love of 1349 to you.

Ugh I hate that band now. Such derivative, lame, and predictable black metal.


You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature
0peth
0peth
  • Member since: Dec. 4, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2007-11-13 11:51:10 Reply

At 11/13/07 11:38 AM, ElGhoulio wrote:

only kidding Ghoul. I owe my love of 1349 to you.
Ugh I hate that band now. Such derivative, lame, and predictable black metal.

I agree...I never really cared about BM


And just like that....he was gone...

BBS Signature
Dark-Phire
Dark-Phire
  • Member since: Mar. 3, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2007-11-13 11:57:18 Reply

At 11/13/07 11:38 AM, ElGhoulio wrote: I just quit listening to black metal. I think all of you know why, but I'll reiterate: I wanted more musical music.

Same reason why I got into more technically-skilled bands.
Black and Death metal became unoriginal to me and so I went on to listen to a bunch of progressive bands 'n' shit.

So, yeah. I'm wearing a Cannibal Corpse sweater that I bought when I was in 8th grade. AHH THE MEMORIES.


BBS Signature
IrishGun
IrishGun
  • Member since: Aug. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to Metal Hell 2007-11-13 12:14:51 Reply

At 11/13/07 11:57 AM, Dark-Phire wrote: So, yeah. I'm wearing a Cannibal Corpse sweater that I bought when I was in 8th grade. AHH THE MEMORIES.

I've seen an 8 year old wearing a Slayer shrit. :O


V I D E O G A M E S

BBS Signature
X-Imperium-X
X-Imperium-X
  • Member since: Aug. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2007-11-13 12:20:58 Reply

At 11/13/07 11:38 AM, ElGhoulio wrote:
only kidding Ghoul. I owe my love of 1349 to you.
Ugh I hate that band now. Such derivative, lame, and predictable black metal.

Opinions are opinions and I happen to disagree. But then again, power metal is only the same few chords re-arranged and (occasionally, for variety) played out of tune, backed by uninspired drumming and slap-happy solos that go nowhere. Just opinions.

I'll let you know when they get an orchestra backed BM version of symphony X that isn't Demon Burger

Maybe we do need a black metal clan.

kiddi1
kiddi1
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2007-11-13 12:21:16 Reply

Oh Fuck you Ghoul, Black metal does not suck, And just because you have "seen the light" or whatever doesn't mean you're allowed to Shit all over It.

America is not the greatest place on Earth, just because your fucking government is more Rightarded, Like being all conservative and tough is hardcore and therefore cool.

Even if it were, That doesn't change the fact that it's not a very good place to live, Crime is high, Corruption is everywhere, The whole place is more polluted than an outhouse.

Just because they have died out, Vikings were still great.
there is no Shame in Dying out with time, No-one, And nothing is immortal, Everything we know, Will fade away and die.

The vikings Revolutionized Ship building And Found America, Were great Explorers and poets, And some even single handedly brought kings to their knees.

They were so great, That A thousand years after their time, there is still music made about them, Movies, Books, And their religion is being brought back.

Let's look at it this way.
Leonardo da vinci & Einstein.
Both dead.
Both great men.

Just because they died, That doesn't make them any worse, They've left us a legacy, A Memory, Something to remember them by.

Dying out because of christians...
Ok.

Number of Christians in the world: 2.1 billion.
Number of all people who live in ALL the nordic countries: 25 million.

here in Iceland, like 95% or more of the people,
-are Christian.

I realize that those numbers were different, But Seriously, Look at the odds, Do you think, That America would be able to Survive a thousand years ago, With those odds?

Fuck no.

Just because your country is like 300 years old, And you have no history , because all your forefathers did was sit and wait while guns took care of the dirty work.

You have nothing to look back on, nothing to teach your kids when you grow up, Well by now you are technically "grown up", But I mean when you become a fucking man.

Just because our forefathers were great, And yours were just Common folk, Doesn't mean you have to get all Periody And bitter whenever we mention them.

And yes, I do realize you are a Horseman, And i know I Should never talk back to a horseman, But you are the single most bitter and Negative lulzkilling bastard on earth, And If you have no other way of defending your point other than to pathetically kick me out...

Fine, I'm better off without Newgrounds anyway.

kiddi1
kiddi1
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 2007-11-13 12:38:50 Reply

Btw, No Need to flame me back, Save your finger strength.

IrishGun
IrishGun
  • Member since: Aug. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to Metal Hell 2007-11-13 12:52:49 Reply

At 11/13/07 12:21 PM, kiddi1 wrote: O

*flames*


V I D E O G A M E S

BBS Signature